PDA

View Full Version : PROMO: "A Show With A Pro"™

naturalguy
02-17-10, 9:45 am
Here is an awesome opportunity. A chance to see the Arnold Classic Men's bodybuilding finals sitting in VIP seats watching the show with up and coming IFBB Pro Evan "Ox" Centopani. Ox is potentially going to compete in this show in 2011 and you and a friend will have the opportunity to see the finals with him, and have him share his perspective as only he can - a true Animal, gentleman, student of the sport and future competitor.

Requirements:
1. You must be in Columbus, Ohio
2. You must attend the 12pm event in The Cage on Saturday, March 6th (when the winner is announced) to claim the prize
3. You must be able to attend the Men's Final starting Saturday night at 7PM

Rules:
Here is what you have to to do... Tell us why you want to/need to see the Men's Final and what it would mean to hang with Ox during the show as he gives you his unique take on bodybuilding.

Best entry will be selected and announced at The Cage. If you are not there at the 12 noon event the tickets and the opportunity will go to the next best entry.

B Con
02-17-10, 10:15 am
WOW. What a promo here.... seriously.

Aggression
02-17-10, 10:25 am
Damn. Sweet promo right here. Get on this!

trainer89
02-17-10, 10:31 am
I just sent you my entry naturalguy :D

Mr. Dead
02-17-10, 10:55 am
Holy crap!!! Now that's a serious opportunity!!! I'm sure a lot of people will be jumping all over this!!!

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
02-17-10, 11:15 am
When I saw this promo pop up on my news feed on facebook, my jaw dropped. What an opportunity. This will be my first trip to The Cage, and what better way to make it even more memorable than to chill with Evan at the finals. I have followed Evan for quite some time now, through his Q&A thread and articles here as well as his videos on MD. The guys a freak. He's destined for success in this sport, and everyone knows that. What sets him apart from other successful bodybuilders is the way he gives back to the sport. Aside from the Animal pro's, I can't think of any that take the time to religiously keep up with their Q&A threads and have new vids up on MD every other week or so. Evan has not only been a big inspiration for me, but he has also been a big help. There have been a few times when I have called on Evan in his Q&A thread, and he was there to help me out every time. That is what sets him apart from other pro's in my mind. His physique is one of the best in the sport, but what puts him miles ahead of the others is his compassion for those that are still at the bottom working their way up. I will be in Columbus at the Cage all 3 days, and I would love the opportunity to go to the finals with Ox.

naturalguy
02-17-10, 11:58 am
I just sent you my entry naturalguy :D

Ya gotta post your entry in this thread to qualify

dannynb
02-17-10, 1:18 pm
Wow...now this is a Promo!!!

trainer89
02-17-10, 1:50 pm
Ox is by far one of my favorite bodybuilders. Not just because of his size but he is a humble and intelligent guy. This is my first time going to the Arnold, The Cage, and meeting pro buodybuilders for the fist time. None of my friends are interested in fitness whatsoever so going to this event and seeing other Animals means a lot to me because I know we will have so much in common. Im only 20 years old with 3 years of experience under my belt so meeting The Ox and asking him questions on diet and bodybuilding would be such a great experience and I wounldnt be taking it for granted!! I havent seen a pro bodybuilding show in my life and i wanted to see the finals this year but it just cost to much for me too see it. Me and my dad are driving from orlando florida to ohio to see this and we just wont have enough money to see the finals, only enough to see the cage. Yet another reason why i would be so grateful to have the chance to see the finals. Unfortunantly I have never been able to go to an ABC event because there all to far away and I have school (im currently going to school to be a firefighter). I am going to the ABC event in ohio on saturday and i cant even begin to tell you how excited i am. I mean its one thing to meet the pros and other Animals but to train with them is another! I hope i got a shot at winning this and meeting Ox but if i dont thank you for reading this and i cant wait to meet each and every one of you Animals!!! Train hard!!!

Mr. Dead
02-17-10, 2:19 pm
Uhm... 2 entries, so far...??? *Confused*

D-NUTZ
02-17-10, 2:42 pm
Man, what an opportunity. First of all, just getting to be with OX is a great time in itself let alone being in VIP SEATS at the finals. This is will be my first time at the CAGE and the ARNOLD. Being chosen for this would definitely make this a very special time for me.

I have never been to a bodybuilding show before. No clue on what expect. Looking to compete sometime around 2012 before i turn 20 so i can compete in the teen division.

Ox is a GREAT guy. Hearing his reactions to events that happen during the show and hearing his input on the competitors. He is very smart and a great role model for anyone looking for someone to look up to. I hope i get the chance to hang with him and pick his brain like a zombie on everything he can help me with.

Good Luck to all the other entries and hopefully i can with this one!

mritter3
02-18-10, 8:28 am
whoa...this is a sick promo....killer opportunity

MrMuscles22
02-18-10, 9:45 am
Holy shit! What a promo! The Arnold is the BEST bodybuilding show of the year and in my honest opinion, it blows the Olympia out of the water! This is the only thing that is good about living in Ohio and dealing with all the crazy ass weather patterns we have during the entire year. Attending this would be such an amzing experience by itself and then getting to attend it with Ox makes it a million times better! To be able to see the biggest show of the year and with Evan is one hell of an opportunity to get advice from a pro while seeing the other pros on stage. Evan is my favorite bodybuilder and is a great down to earth guy as well. He is truely a real gentleman of the sport and such a great role model to future bodybuilders and is also a wealth of knowledge! He takes the time to answer Q&A's on different websites and never leaves anybody feel left out! I would LOVE to have the opportunity to do this!

Reacher34
02-18-10, 9:49 am
Guys, I'd LOVE this opportunity. As I've stated a few times, I've been to the Arnold for the past 4 (5?) years. However, I've NEVER seen a bodybuilding show!!! Any show, local/amateur or pro. The reason, none of my friends are ever interested in going. They are all about training and all that goes with it, but no one ever wants to go to the show. I was considering just saying Fuck it and going solo this year, but how SWEET would it be to go to my first bodybuilding show and trade thoughts with Evan friggin Centopani!!!!!

I'd relish this opportunity and would never forget it if the first show I see is the Arnold Classic and I get to watch it with the insight and opinions of Ox himself. Sign me up, I'm there!!!

stangkiller
02-18-10, 10:24 am
Props to animal for putting on Promo's like this! I'm a huge fan of Ox, very humble guy that knows how to get shit done. What I also like about Evan is that he is a very standup guy (from what I've seen) that will share every bit of knowledge he has about bodybuilding. I would love to get the opportunity to meet,train, and also get an insiders perspective on the show. I'm always looking for new videos that he has made on MD, just to get new tips and training methods that he uses. It would also just be nice to shoot the shit with him. Thanks again Animal for giving the opportunity to make dreams come true.

OnlyOpG
02-18-10, 2:12 pm
I feel like everyone will try to write a clever lil speech on why they should get this crazy opportunity. Im not really smart but i like to try my luck out on this. I am a future personal trainer and a physical therapist. Im taking a few days out of school to go to Ohio with my friends to attend the Arnold Classic Expo. Getting pick to watch this show would be an absolute amazing opportunity and i think it will help motivate me to even pursue more. I have another competition in october of 2010 and would love to take a chance and talk to Ox about some stuff and learn from him. I would really be honored to be selected. Thanks and have a good day.

Aggression
02-18-10, 3:00 pm
Some fine entries in here already fellas. Get on this asap!

trainer89
02-18-10, 5:08 pm
ok so the finals start at 7pm and the ABC event starts at 8pm. will there be enough time to go from one to another?

D-NUTZ
02-18-10, 9:39 pm
I am going to take out my entry. I just got picked to train with House. I will let someone else get the chance for this. Good luck everyone.

Universal Rep
02-19-10, 2:10 pm
I see "show with a pro" has been trademarked. You fellas should trademark "pros vs. bros". Just sayin'...

Mr. Dead
02-19-10, 2:38 pm
This is still only on page 1...??? At this rate, I may put an entry in, myself... (well, page 2, after this post... *LOL*)

Mr. Dead
02-23-10, 11:26 am
That's it... I'm postin' up an entry, later on, today... I can't believe more people aren't tryin' to get in on this...

B Con
02-23-10, 11:31 am
That's it... I'm postin' up an entry, later on, today... I can't believe more people aren't tryin' to get in on this...

x 2. This is ridiculous.

deanna7272
02-23-10, 12:06 pm
What's going on here??? How can someone pass up the chance to see the show, let alone see it WITH a PRO????

littlebitofpower
02-23-10, 12:16 pm
Here is an awesome opportunity. A chance to see the Arnold Classic Men's bodybuilding finals sitting in VIP seats watching the show with up and coming IFBB Pro Evan "Ox" Centopani. Ox is potentially going to compete in this show in 2011 and you and a friend will have the opportunity to see the finals with him, and have him share his perspective as only he can - a true Animal, gentleman, student of the sport and future competitor.

Requirements:
1. You must be in Columbus, Ohio
2. You must attend the 12pm event in The Cage on Saturday, March 6th (when the winner is announced) to claim the prize
3. You must be able to attend the Men's Final starting Saturday night at 7PM

Rules:
Here is what you have to to do... Tell us why you want to/need to see the Men's Final and what it would mean to hang with Ox during the show as he gives you his unique take on bodybuilding.

Best entry will be selected and announced at The Cage. If you are not there at the 12 noon event the tickets and the opportunity will go to the next best entry.

When is the deadline?

Mr. Dead
02-23-10, 12:21 pm
Why would I want to do this...??? I would love the opportunity to see my very first pro show, with a man who has been in the trenches, won the New York Pro, and can give me insight as to what the judges are looking for, from a pro's perspective... As a competitive athlete, the information that would be passed on would be invaluable and may help me take my own physique to the next level, when my shows roll around, later this year... Ox would be able to give me insight on subtle nuances that an untrained eye wouldn't see or notice... Plus, from what I've seen he's a downright awesome person, and it would be incredible just to meet him, let alone see my very first pro show, in the VIP section no less, with him... It would be a memory that would last a lifetime... So, I humbly ask you to consider giving this athlete this opportunity... And thank you, Animal, for even affording the opportunity for this to happen to myself or the lucky winner...

littlebitofpower
02-23-10, 12:24 pm
When is the deadline?

when is the deadline? Do I write it here? who are the judges?

naturalguy
02-23-10, 12:39 pm
When is the deadline?

Winners will be announced at the 12 noon event at The Cage on Saturday March 6th. You have to be there to claim your prize but get your entries in now. Deadline for entries will be Monday March 1st.

when is the deadline? Do I write it here? who are the judges?

Post up your entry here

littlebitofpower
02-23-10, 12:45 pm
thanks...working on it right now!

B Con
02-23-10, 1:10 pm
Honestly, attending the Arnold with a Pro would top off perhaps the best Spring Break for me. Not just a Spring Break though-- this is my last real Spring Break as I graduate from school this May and then get a real job. This may also be my last real chance to get away without the consequences of work/life getting in the way.

I'm bringing my wife to the Arnold, which would be her first. What better way to experience the Arnold than hanging out at the Cage and attending the "East Coast" bodybuilding Superbowl with one of the top pros, Evan. I really think this may help her realize the dedication, desire, and heart that goes into bodybuilding and why I have such a deep appreciation for the sport. After all, everything is better in person and being there would be a completely different perspective than merely looking at the pictures.

I'm driving up from North Carolina and I could think of no better way to really enjoy the weekend than a) Attending the Arnold Expo/Cage b) Going to the Arnold Classic and c) Getting to hang out with my wife and one of my favorite pros, Evan.

With aspirations of doing my own natural show later this year, it would be great to witness the Arnold with a pro who knows the ins and outs of this game. That would just be another leg up and extra motivation for myself to really get focused on my own goals. A truly remarkable, once in a lifetime opportunity that I would forever cherish.

The Arnold Classic is seriously the one time of the year that I'm ALWAYS looking forward to. There is no better time of the year...

trainer89
02-23-10, 3:39 pm
ok so the finals start at 7pm and the ABC event starts at 8pm. will there be enough time to go from one to another?

anyone know?

Mr. Dead
02-23-10, 3:43 pm
anyone know?

The finals go from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm...

I got that from the Arnold Sports Festival website...
http://arnoldsportsfestival.com/schedule-of-events/#

naturalguy
02-23-10, 4:17 pm

After the finals the winner can head over to the ABC with Ox, catch the tail end and the post workout meal.

C.Coronato
02-23-10, 4:51 pm
I got to go to the Olympia Night show with some of these guys, and let me tell you, its no joke. Take this offer up fellas, you will be pissed you missed out .. Pictures do not do this justice.

trainer89
02-23-10, 5:08 pm
The finals go from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm...

I got that from the Arnold Sports Festival website...
http://arnoldsportsfestival.com/schedule-of-events/#

ok cool thanks. i had no idea that it goes on for that long.

Reacher34
02-23-10, 7:27 pm
I got to go to the Olympia Night show with some of these guys, and let me tell you, its no joke. Take this offer up fellas, you will be pissed you missed out .. Pictures do not do this justice.

I for one am looking at this as the opportunity of a lifetime....CAUSE IT IS. My entry wasn't the longest or the most eloquent, but here's hoping I'm picked based on passion for the sport.

If it's worth anything.....tell OX that after the show I'll take him to an indoor water park and buy him snacks at the concession stand, lol.

Mr. Dead
02-24-10, 1:31 pm
*Bumping, for entries...*

Big Al
02-24-10, 1:51 pm
Inked Muscle and myself want to put our name in the running.We will just get a late start on the workout.And someone need to go to keep OX inline.I'm just say'n.

joe-yamma
02-24-10, 3:10 pm
i would love to see the show with Ox.

this is my first trip to the Arnold as i have been unable to attend for the past two years.
it sucks that i've never been there since i only live a few hours away.

seeing the Arnold Classic itself would be great.
at $100 per ticket, i really can't drop the cash on those tickets right now even though i'd really like to.
seeing this show along with a serious IFBB Pro such as Evan would be awesome...
especially considering that he'll potentially be competing in this show next year.

my girlfriend is coming along with me for the whole weekend (Thursday - Sunday)
and i'm sure she'd be blown away by this experience as well.

i think it's important to note that doing this would be the only thing worth missing the national ABC for!
good to hear we can still catch the tail-end of the ABC if we win this promo.

Big C
02-24-10, 4:55 pm
Man I'm not a judge but I'm really feelin the entries submitted by B Con and Joe Yamma....both stand-up dudes and very worthy individuals who are dedicated to the sport/lifestyle and to the company.

Good luck everyone though!!

Mr. Dead
02-24-10, 4:56 pm
Man I'm not a judge but I'm really feelin the entries submitted by B Con and Joe Yamma....both stand-up dudes and very worthy individuals who are dedicated to the sport/lifestyle and to the company.

Good luck everyone though!!

What...??? No love for me and my entry...??? *LOL*

Firedrake
02-25-10, 12:45 am
I went to the Cage last year, and had a great time; I went to the Compound at the "O", and had a great time, too.

I haven't, however, had the chance to attend a show of the caliber of the Arnold or the Olympia, so I've never seen other than local contests. The chance to see that show with a pro of Ox's skills, talent and knowledge would be both a pleasure and an education without compare.

I've been a bodybuilding fan since I was 13, some 42 years ago. I've wanted to see a national-level pro show that entire time. I won't go into why I haven't - no excuse (/cough/ ex-wife), but I'd love to go to this one!

D-Bone
02-25-10, 4:46 am
I'm new to the whole body building lifestyle. I'm the stereotypical high school athlete who went to college and really let himself go. I'm now trying to get my body back into shape and the animal forum has helped me tremendously. I've been applying the diet advice on here and have gotten advice from some of the pros on here. I think it would be awesome to attend the finals of the Arnold with Ox. It would be great to pick his brain about training and nutrition. I would love to one day have a body like those on that stage. What better way to learn how to do it than from someone who already has a professional's body and competes and who next year may be on that very stage. I know that if I keep training and applying the propper nutrition I may have one of those bodies too with hard work. I know alot of people on this sight have been doing this lifestyle for years and I hope it won't count against me for being a beginner. I think that the advice I could receive could have a great impact on my life and health, as well as being one hell of cool oppertunity.

littlebitofpower
02-25-10, 9:32 pm
Why I want to attend the Arnold Classic Men’s Bodybuilding finals…..
I would rather Bench or Deadlift for this great opportunity, as writing is not my strong suit, but here goes….
I want, maybe even need a “sweet escape.” Maybe most women would choose a weekend at a luxurious spa or weekend of shopping, or a relaxing cruise, or vacation to an exotic place. But my “sweet escape” would be to go where the strong (body as well as mind) flock to every year. Where there is skin tingling energy, wall to wall people, loud blaring speakers, iron clanging weights, and beautiful “Freaks.” Yes, it all begins at THE CAGE. That’s where my “sweet escape” begins.
I feel guilty for even wanting this, but maybe I need this to push on. You see, this has been a very difficult year for my Dad. He was diagnosed with cancer last March. It has been health issue, after health issue, leading to one health care facility after another, six in total, with numerous surgeries and painful procedures.
I have been there every step of the way and have seen so much sickness. I would like to sit in an auditorium looking at a stage with what seems like FANTASY…Strong, healthy, fit people. I have spent too much time in smelly hospitals, nursing homes, and chemo facilities. I want to smell ProTan, Jan Tana, and Pam cooking spray; not disinfect, piss, shit, and puke.
I inherited my Dad’s stubbornness. Like my Dad, I never give up…ANIMAL. I love my Dad and believe that he and other patients fighting cancer is the true Strong. But I need a fantasy day to recharge my batteries. I love Bodybuilding and it would be so cool to escape sickness if only for a day. And to attend with a PRO…..OMG! Icing (chocolate) on the cake!
So Evan, polish up your autographing skills, as I will be bringing magazines for you to sign. Oh, and if you happen to have the July issue of MD, bring it. I would be glad to autograph it for you. Lol. (Bet you all are wondering who the hell I am. Ha, ha!) This is, of course, if I am to be so honored to be chosen for this incredible prize.

Mr. Dead
02-26-10, 6:10 pm
Some great entries in here!!!

workhard2121
02-27-10, 5:44 pm
This is an amazing opportunity and there should defiantly be more entries! I would love a chance to hang with the Ox and pick his brain to learn how a real bro sees the game. Im currently in the offseason as I'm waiting another year to compete, and I think the Ox could help me with his knowledge and insight of the guys on the stage develop my physique more this year.

Given this opportunity I would only be given more confidence to step on stage next year and dominate the competition Like Evan does! So select ME; becase as an apprentice of bodybuilding this is the person and opportunity that I need to lead me to the big stage!

Mr. Dead
03-01-10, 1:46 pm
I'm definitely stunned, that there weren't more entries for this...

workhard2121
03-01-10, 8:15 pm
Yeah I am stunned too. I just joined the forum this last week as Ive been an animal pak user since I started lifting and decided it was time to join in on the fun here. This is a great opportunity... people should have been jumping all over this!

Mr. Dead
03-02-10, 3:29 pm
Winners will be announced at the 12 noon event at The Cage on Saturday March 6th. You have to be there to claim your prize but get your entries in now. Deadline for entries will be Monday March 1st.

So... I'm guessing all the entries are in, then...???

Mr. Dead
03-03-10, 12:01 pm
I'm still floored, that this only made it to page 3...

naturalguy
03-03-10, 12:19 pm
So... I'm guessing all the entries are in, then...???

Yup. The winner will be announced at the 12 noon event on Saturday, be there if you want to claim your prize.

Mr. Dead
03-03-10, 12:21 pm
Yup. The winner will be announced at the 12 noon event on Saturday, be there if you want to claim your prize.

I don't plan on being anywhere else, during my time there... *LOL*

TheOak
03-04-10, 12:03 am
This will be my fifth year attending the Arnold Classic and I have experienced all of the best moments at The Cage (Reign of Yellow, Blackout, etc) over the years. During the announcement of the winner of this promo last year, I regretted not signing up for a chance to engage in this unique opportunity, especially when I saw how many people were announced before the winner was actually present to accept the prize. I WANT to see the show simply because I have never seen a professional competition before. I have been into bodybuilding for 6 years now but do not even know what to look for or what separates one guy from another. The top 5 in shows all seem to possess quality physiques to me. This is why having one of the top up and coming pros, OX, to teach me the ropes and provide his insights on to what to look for in the physiques would be such a fantastic experience. On the other hand, why I NEED to see the show is because this might be my last Arnold Classic for at least 5 years. I will not be living as close to Columbus as I have been throughout undergraduate college due to a change in my schooling as I pursue continuing education elsewhere. This is my last chance to experience in my opinion, Animal's greatest promo of the year. Even more so, getting to experience this with Evan, learning his philosophies of in the trench all out bodybuilding lifestyle, is enough to satisfy me for 15 years of not being able to make it to the Arnold Classic.

Mr. Dead
03-08-10, 2:39 pm
I'm hoping that there's going to be a full report from the winner of this!!!

03-09-10, 1:24 am
I'm hoping that there's going to be a full report from the winner of this!!!

Absolutely. As soon as I get this microbiology exam out of the way, I am going to sit down and type up a novel for you fellas.

Mr. Dead
03-09-10, 11:43 am
Absolutely. As soon as I get this microbiology exam out of the way, I am going to sit down and type up a novel for you fellas.

Sweet!!! Congrats, again!!!

03-12-10, 8:29 pm
http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=463
Link to naturalguy's write-up.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=30225
Link to my write up.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=feed&story_fbid=10150119340515043&id=1223640171#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1729072112
Link to my facebook. (Pictures, just add me)

Firedrake
03-12-10, 8:37 pm
Great writeup, bro! You truly lucked out with those tickets!