PDA

View Full Version : Life is full of set backs...

Birdman
02-17-10, 11:46 pm
I had a rather large set back today. I was being a nice guy let a few noobs work in with me on a bench. Well much to my dismay, they didnt rack their weights when they were done. I was just finishing up my third set of dumbbell bench and went to put the 90's down when my left ring finger was smashed between my 90 and the noobs left overs. i look down to see the end of my finger hangin on by a thread. So there it is, smashed in half, open fracture, and blood pouring from this mangled mess i once called a finger. Dude at the front desk calls me an ambulance and off i go to the hospital expecting a few stitches and maybe a week or two outta the gym. Not how shit turned out though, hell that woulda great fuckin news, nope turns out my bone basically pulverized and i now have an emergency reconstructive surgery tomorrow morning. And to top it all off, i my have damaged the finger nail beyond repair, meaning i will have no finger nail ever again on that finger. Needless to say its gonna be a little more than a week or two before im good again.

The way i look at this, its just a set back...lifes full of em. Hell, the doctor said what ya gonna do bout ur training?. I simply replied "looks like im gonna have some big mother fuckin legs by the time this finger heals." He just stared for a moment, then told me that if were him he'd never lift again. But thats where we differ. Unless his goal is to be an over worked doctor with no other aspirations, the he's just gonna trudge thru his mediocre life wanting more. Me, i want it all. I go out and get mine, end of story. I am Animal. As i said, just a set back.

Muscleguy93
02-18-10, 12:22 am
Keep going man, never stop. Set backs make us stronger.

Birdman
02-18-10, 12:31 am
for sure man, only thing that really pissed me off bout it is that the is in T-minus 14 days and theres no way ill be ready to tear shit up with you guys while im over there...maybe some leg press lol

Birdman
02-18-10, 12:55 am
*the Arnold is in T-Minus 14 day

Firedrake
02-18-10, 12:56 am
Man, I am SO fuckin' sorry -- to say that sucks little green rocks doesn't begin to cover it.

D-Boy's got a bad speedbump, too -- tore up his knee in a motorcycle accident Sunday night about 12 weeks out of a contest.

I look forward to meeting you in Columbus!

Birdman
02-18-10, 1:01 am
itll be good to meet you to bro...been followin ur journey for awhile now..to bad i wont be able to train with you guys, unless of we do legs and abs lol

NaturalTrainee
02-18-10, 6:07 am
Fast recoveries and yes, we're experts at coming back after sh1t.

Firedrake
02-18-10, 7:12 pm
Fast recoveries and yes, we're experts at coming back after sh1t.

::chuckle:: when I explained to someone this morning that I had a foot-long cage of titanium in my lower spine, and could STILL pull 455 off of the rack for rack deads, you should've seen the look on his face . . .

Things finger ain't nothin' but a little thang to get around -- and I'd be proud to work some legs with you, Birdman . . .

Birdman
02-19-10, 12:57 am
thanks natural..

And Jim, thats why you are the face of animal, true determination despite all the set backs

Update: Surgery went well today, still feelin a little funny from being under the anesthetic, but my finger should be numbe for the day or so. The funny part about this was the question "do you take any over the counter drugs or supplements?" i replied, "would you like a list?" haha. But full recovery is expected and the nail bed was successfully reconstructed so i was happy bout that.
pics i got of the finger in the ER, warning its pretty graffic lol
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2046376&id=1001021035&l=eb4b9cdfba