PDA

View Full Version : ABC Newsletter, Volume 1, Issue 8

G Diesel
02-19-10, 5:36 pm
ABC Diehards, Coordinators and Members of Animal Nation,

2010 promises to be a banner year for the Animal Barbell Club movement and through your hard work and dedication to the iron lifestyle, the ABCs will grow bigger, stronger and be better than ever--just like you.

We started the New Year right with a big ABC at Big Al's Delaware stomping grounds Total Fitness in Wilmington on January 16th. In the house to tear it up with my big homie Large Allen and myself were BigAnt, Vinny G, Joey D, NG, J-Dawg, Bondons, TTL and several other local hard rocks getting a taste of the ABCs. We followed up the training by doing some damage at Jake's Burgers. A couple of double burgers and a black and white shake later and it was time to roll on home. The pics of the carnage--iron and ground beef alike, can be found here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29370

The Philly brothers from Fit Gym had us all lined up for a February 6th ABC. But Mother Nature saw it differently. After getting rocked by a blizzard making travel dangerous if not impossible, Fit Gym worked with us to get us rescheduled for Saturday, March 20, with just enough time for us tor recover from the madness that comes with The Cage, Arnold Weekend and the National ABC, but more on that later. So to all of our Brotherly Love brethren, we hope to sling the iron with you at Fit Gym on March 20th.

Nationally, an awesome gathering took place thanks to the hardcore brothers from Cincinnati who once again proved without a doubt that Ohio is Animal country—a place where their turnout consistently rivals our hometown events in Jersey. The House turned out on February 13th for this banger of a gathering and went set for set with Little Z and this down and dirty crew. Check out the pics here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29774

Elsewhere across the ABC map a gathering was held and well attended by the OG Animals in Chicago, plus Houston, Colorado and Da Burgh. There are events on tap for the rest of the month in Iowa, Northern Mississippi, Akron/Canton and Orlando. All of this building momentum and leading up to The Big Daddy of ABCs. The National ABC in Columbus, OH.

Attempting to pull out all the stops and top last year’s 100+ member turnout Arnold Classic weekend, the hype has been hard and heavy for our 2010 National ABC with the buzz beginning practically with the last set of last year’s session. On Saturday, March 6th at 8pm, following the freak show that is The Cage, come on out and train elbow to elbow with some of the best in the game including Ox, Wrath, The House, The Freak, Big Al, Big Ant, Vinny, Big Byrd, Kuclo and the rest of the crew. This year, the event will be at Metro Fitness (9 E Long St) as usual, but we’re having it catered at the location so you can get your grub on after you get your swole on. There is no more time for excuses, be there. The chapter by chapter roll call is going down here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729 Sound off.

Speaking of sounding off on the National ABC, my co-chair treetrunklegs had this to say…
“I always look forward to the ABCs as it give you some time to learn, some time to train, and some time to just kick it with some of the fellas you don’t see too often. It’s kind of a mini-vacation away from reality for a day when everyone gets together. Since the Philly ABC was rescheduled, and we all had to miss out on some serious Tony Luke’s steaks, the next best thing will be the National ABC in Ohio in a few weeks. Over 100+ brothers will be there, chasing the same damn dream. The energy in the gym could literally lift you off your feet while you’re sitting there in the back room waiting for the actual ABC to start. The National ABC is not something that I would recommend missing. If you have any glimpse of a chance of getting there, do it. The pictures do it no justice. Will I see you there?”

We the Animal Nation wait eagerly all year for the Arnold, for the The Cage, for the National ABC. It is truly our Super Bowl. Will you step up on game day? I know I will.

Catch y’all on the flip. Until next time…

Go hard.

Peace, G Diesel

Wanna Be a Part of the Animal Barbell Club?

It’s easy. Find an event in your area, show up wearing your favorite Animal shirt and be ready to train, hard. If you can’t find a chapter close to you, find an interested gym, some motivated brothers and represent--take the initiative and step right up to start your own chapter by posting your details right here in a new thread on The Board http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71 For a complete and current list of ABC chapters, click this link http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13075

C.Coronato
02-19-10, 5:40 pm
Thanks for the full read G. Lots to look forward to my brother.

Little Z
02-19-10, 5:46 pm
another great read bro.. this year is gonna be huge..

Mr. Dead
02-19-10, 5:52 pm
Great read!!! Definitely lookin' forward to my first National ABC!!!

C.Coronato
02-22-10, 1:20 pm
Just so everyone sees it.

J-Dawg
02-22-10, 1:32 pm
Great read G. Looking forward to the big ABC coming up in OH.

Mr. Dead
02-22-10, 1:38 pm
Great read G. Looking forward to the big ABC coming up in OH.

I'm bettin' that it will be the largest yet...

mritter3
02-22-10, 1:43 pm
gonna be huge G...cant wait.

Hoomgar
02-23-10, 11:56 am
Awesome write up and read G. Thanks for taking time with the pen bro. I am in need of an ABC fix bad!

Hg

Mr. Dead
04-09-10, 1:40 pm
I'm bettin' that it will be the largest yet...

I'm bettin' I was right... *LOL*