PDA

View Full Version : Strait from scratch all broken down!!!

bigweights74
02-21-10, 9:22 am
Well I started this post in the training section but was informed it needed to be done in the journey section. Basically I quit I gave up and lost all my motivation to be in the gym. I'm ready to get my ass back in the gym now and get the ball rolling. I'm going to the grocery store to restock my fridge and cabinets and quit eating the kids junk food!! I promise I will keep both my food and training logs on here as for anyone who wants to follow as well as for myself for gains I have made. Anyone who wants to join welcome and I'll see you ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!

C.Coronato
02-22-10, 2:06 pm
Either one is fine. Welcome back brother.

bigweights74
02-23-10, 10:37 pm
ok fellas well I had to leave town mon night but hit ths gym this morning at the hotel or atleast the cardio machine for 45 min had some eggs and whole grain ceral with oj for breakfast hey it was free so i think i made the best of it. looking to hit cardio wed. morning again then workout wed evening.

today

morning snack- shake on the road

lunch- flat bread turkey sub w/lettuce, tomato, olives, cucumbers, jalepenos, banana peppers, oil and vinegar

snack-shake on the road

dinner- at home 8 oz chicken with 1 cup veggies

before bed- shake

didnt have to many options today but i'll be back on track still haven't made it to the grocery store for all my food but should be failry simple

plan on sticking with chicken, fish, veggies, oats, whey, eggs and thats really it maybe the ocassional steak but for the most part thats it

i did buy some halodrol mt i have heard good things me and another guy are trying it out lets hope for the best.

plan on getting some more cuts later on when i get the funds but for right now just gonna use the halodrol mt.

later on brothers

bigweights74
02-25-10, 2:26 pm
well firts off i love my new supps and i have so much energy and just don't ever want to leave the gym for some reason.

breakfast-6 egg whites 2 whole eggs small apple 1 cup oats with water

snack- apple handful almonds

lunch- turkey sandwich with whole wheat bread and light mayo

snack- protein shake

dinner pre workout- tuna sandwich and banana

postworkout- whey shake

before bed- banana and casien protein shake

bigweights74
03-03-10, 8:44 am
Things going good so far

So far been eating the same thing everyday with no problem but am always hungry so I just eat every two to three hours depending on my schedule and how I feel.

5am- wake and take dren

5:30- Cardio easy cardio

7:30- protein shake with 5 egg whites and 3 whole eggs

10:30- shake

1pm- 8 oz chicken and 1 cup veggies

4pm- shake

6pm- 8 oz chicken in salad with oil and vinegar pre workout

7pm- weights

8pm- shake

9pm- 8 oz fish or chicken

any advice or input is cool with me I'll take all I can get obvioulsy haven't been doin this very long so not much changes yet keeping it very low carb but really don't feel weak and I don't feel like I have a loss of energy I am also playing city league basketball so I get some good cardio in with that. peace

PIJW
03-03-10, 8:51 am
subb'ing for a fellow KC Animal

bigweights74
03-03-10, 11:46 am
Hey thanks bro!!! This is my second third fourth or whatever time trying this I go great for a few weeks or month or so and just for some reason get side tracked I'm really gonna bust my ass this time and make it happen one way or the other.

bigweights74
03-21-10, 12:32 pm
Well I think maybe I have found my calling I don't know I can't seem to make up my mind lately. I will be training for mma here on out!!!! Hopefully this works for me.

bigweights74
04-18-10, 12:44 pm
Mon- Back and Biceps
Tues-Legs
Wed- Chest and Shoulders
Thurs-Biceps
Fri-Calves, Forearms, Abs

Meal 1 post workout- 1 cup oats, 6 eggs

Snack- whey shake with water and pack almonds

Lunch- 8 oz chicken veggies

Snack- whey shake and pack almonds

Dinner after 45 min cardio- Chicken and veggies

cutting right now

5'10, 236lbs, 24% bf

gonna try this cut for 8 weeks and see where it gets me!!!!

bigweights74
04-19-10, 9:31 pm
post workout - whey shake

30 min later-6 eggs 1/2 cup oats lil pure honey

snack- apple and almonds

lunch- chicken and broccoli

snack- apple and almonds

pre cardio- whey shake

dinner- chicken and broccoli

so far I feel pretty good with this diet but it's only the first day so we will have to wait and see how it plays out I am going to follow this exact diet for 4 weeks and then just switch it up a bit by taking out the honey, fruit, and maybe the almonds again I'll have to see how my body reacts to the diet first.

bigweights74
04-19-10, 10:18 pm
workout for the day back and biceps

lat pulldown- 3 x 15

upright row- 3 x 15

bent over barbell row- 3 x 15

barbell curl- 4 x 5

standing db curls- 4 x 5

seated hammer curls- 3 x 5

down the rack from 40lb dbs down to 15's all 5 reps

this workout was done in the a.m. I also did 45 min cardio after work at 7 pm

I need work on my bi's so I like to go heavy with few reps later in the week I will probably hit them again but do more of a high rep workout. I'm pretty thick in my chest and back and don't go as heavy with those body parts.

bigweights74
04-20-10, 9:29 pm
Today was legs for some reason today I couldn't get into it guess its just a off day we all get them.

Leg ext.
Leg Press
Squat
Standing Calf Raises
Seated Calf Raises

No Cardio today

Food was all the same I went ahead and had my cheat tonite that is why I am wanting some extra cardio Wed.

I am off work tomorrow so I plan on getting some cardio done in the morning 45 min or so
lift about 3 pm and probably more cardio I'm not sure I'll see how I feel. Diet really didn't make me hungry still today.

bigweights74
04-21-10, 7:36 pm
Today was just 45 min of cardio I am still feeling good on this diet but I sent a pm to rage he advised me to follow his diet plan for the iron contest II and I have no problem with that seeing the awesome results the guys had following that diet. So gonna hit the store tomorrow and stock up on the food.

bigweights74
04-26-10, 7:09 pm
Ok fellas first day on Rages Iron Contest II diet and workout!!!! So far I have to choke down most my meals but they say thats normal the first weeks. I gotta go get my bf% tomorrow and see where thats at. I feel confident that I can continue to do this workout and diet I got a fire lit under my ass right now and I'm gonna ride it as long as I can. Peace

bigweights74
04-27-10, 7:46 pm
Ok well only second day on Rages diet and workout plan but going strong so far. Still having to choke down all the food but I'm making it happen.

Today first thing in the morning weight was 232 lbs
Also took my bf% that is at 21% down from 25%

I know I can do it with the help from Rage and DBOY and all the other members encouragment and success.

Later

bigweights74
04-28-10, 8:22 pm
Well another day in the books still going strong!!!

Today was just cardio 45 min on the elliptical my best friend. Today I started getting hungrier between meals but still doin ok.

Ready to hit it in the morning and get down the road on my transformation.

Later

bigweights74
05-02-10, 3:59 pm
Well been on the diet and workout for a week now and everything is goin great. I still get hungry and but havent cheated but sure as hell am when I get my first ok from DBOY don't know what yet but I'll make good on those 30 min. I'll start posting my workouts on here this next week and keep it up dated for the 18 weeks.

Later

bigweights74
05-03-10, 1:51 pm
2nd week on the diet and workout plan

Incline Barbell Press- 3x12-135 pretty week I never really worked incline before this

Flat DB Press- 3 x 12 - 50's

Dips- 2 x Failure

Reverse Curls- 2 x 15 - 75lbs

Double Arm DB Curls- 2 x 15 35's

Double Arm Cable Curls- 2 x Failure

45 min Cardio

Had a great workout I still feel like shit letting myself get so weak I was stronger in high school than I am now. I'll get back there though I have faith I gotta keep my head up and keep checkin my ego at the door. Got 17 more weeks to go on this diet and workout and I'm fuckin down for it!!!!!

Later

bigweights74
05-04-10, 6:53 am
Weight first thing upon awakening was 228 down 4 lbs in a week I was hopin for more but I gotta take what I can get for now.

Gettin ready to hit the gym to work on the wheels.

Later

bigweights74
05-05-10, 9:24 am
No workout today just good ol cardio and I got that in this morning. Legs sore as shit from yesterdays workout but like House says thats a great feeling.

Yesterdays workout

Front Squats 3 x 15
One Legged Leg Presses 3 x 20
Leg Ext. 2 x 15

Weights still down a bit but looking to get them up there next let day.

Later

NJC_Manhattan
05-05-10, 9:26 am
Solid diet and workouts.

bigweights74
05-06-10, 7:13 pm
Solid diet and workouts.

Thanks bro I'm just tryin to bust my ass and get the results I know I can.

peace

bigweights74
05-06-10, 7:18 pm
Today was back and traps

Had an awesome workout today really starting to feel every thing I do. I feel stronger already and look forward to getting stronger and more cut up which hopefully I can do. Been doing great with the diet it's all on point and havent slipped yet but believe me I cant wait for Sat it's my first cheat. Been tempted to journey off my path but staying strong. Got little over 16 weeks left and I'm looking forward to the end results.

later

bigweights74
05-08-10, 12:50 pm
Well the day has finally come for my cheat!!!!!!!!!! Plan is chinese and ice cream lol gotta make it count. Also gotta get my cardio in before that right after work. I hate gym hrs don't make any fuckin sense.

Get to get back to the weights Mon. can't wait seein some small results little more definition in my chest and my arms. Clothes fitting better and I just have an overall better attitude and I feel awesome everyday. peace brothers keep the iron movin

bigweights74
05-10-10, 2:24 pm
Well it's the start of week 3 feeling great still. Had my cheat on Sat enjoyed that.

Mon. - Chest and Biceps

Neck Press 3 sets all 225 to failure

Incline DB Press - 3 sets all 50's

Flat Bench DB Flye - 3 sets all 30's should of really went heavier on both incline and flyes

Seated DB Curl - 3 sets all 35 lb dbs

Hammer Curls - 2 set 20 reps 30's

Machine Curl - 1 set to failure 70 lbs

45 min cardio

Gotta weigh in tomorrow morning to see what I have dropped and go from there with bumping up cardio or keeping it the same.

Later

bigweights74
05-11-10, 2:29 pm
Today was legs gotta love it!!!

Leg presses
Squats
Leg Ext.
Lying Leg Curls

Still pretty low weights with the legs I got into that habit of doing nothing but upper body like a fuckin idiot and now im paying for it. I'm only down 1lb from last week but we made some adjustments so hopefully we can figure out my body and what it wants to do. I don't want to lose more than 4lbs a week obviously don't want to lose muscle.

Later

bigweights74
05-12-10, 2:46 pm
Ok well another down fellas to the countdown to Aug 31st. Only lost the one lb in the week so DBOY bumped down my carb intake by 25 grams and cardio up to 60 minutes a day. Had my first carb spike and I got it all down and really didnt enjoy that 2lb yams aren't my idea of fun. I've always loved working out but now I have a new respect for you guys because I am not a big fan of the food. I still feel awesome and have alot of energy I figure I will take advantage of it now because as time goes on carbs will drop and I assume my energy will go with it.

Later brothers

bigweights74
05-12-10, 5:02 pm
Got back and traps tomorrow looking forward to that I love back and trap work. I can tell im getting stronger with most of my lifts I still have a long way to go on my journey and even after that it doesnt stop. I plan on doing a clean bulk with the help of DBOY. So far I love it seems like I have found what I want to do.

Later

bigweights74
05-13-10, 9:29 pm
Lovin it!!!! I've got that animal instinct back fellas!!!!!!!! People look at me strange when I get up at 5 to go workout they look at me funny when I take my gallon jug with me where ever I go but I love it I know at that exact moment I've got them beat I'm better than them. I have that feeling back when I get in the gym that I don't care how hard the workout is or how it burns or how loud I grunt or the funny faces I get it pushes me harder. I know now that I won't ever turn back or be normal again I've crossed the line into the lonely world. I have joined my fellow animals and will never leave the path again.

bigweights74
05-15-10, 8:31 am
Well Saturday is here again and another cheat meal is upon us!!! LOL not sure what were having I think I'll let the wife decide what were gonna eat as long as its not chicken. I was thinkin pizza or mexican food. Some ice cream for sure. All I know is that I'm ready for monday already I love gettin in the mix in there and actually feel bad when all I get to do in the day is cardio tell that to people who don't understand and you really get stupid looks. later fellas

bigweights74
05-16-10, 9:51 am
Another hour of cardio today then back to the weights tomorrow. 3 weeks down 15 to go it's actually goin by fast it's really all down for me now it's just routine and really easy to follow before I got advice from these guys I had an idea of what a good diet was and a good workout but now they put it on a whole new level and I'm seeing results alot faster now. Just put in an order for more cuts, pak, and stak can't wait to get it.

bigweights74
05-16-10, 10:40 pm
Ok well the weekend is over time to start week 4. Still loving it and can't wait to get in the gym in the morning and tear it up. Mon is Chest and biceps love it!!!!

Incline Barbell Presses
Flat Bench DB Presses
Dips
Cambered Bar Reverse Curls
Double Arm Curls
Double Arm Cable Curls

I'm gonna test myself tomorrow and see what I got. I feel that a few of my workouts I wansn't quite pushig myself hard enough so were gonna let it all hang out tomorrow and see what I got.

Later

bigweights74
05-17-10, 1:51 pm
Well I was pretty happy with myself today I made sure to push myself.

Incline Barbell Presses 3 x 12- 185

Flat DB Presses 3 x 12- 65's should of gone with maybe 70's

Dips 2 x failure 15 and 2nd 13

Cambered Reverse Curl- 3 x 15 85

Double Arm Curls- 2 x 15- 30's should of gone heavier with these

Double Arm Cable Curls- 2 x failure 100 x 20 and 2nd 110 x 16

I thought it was a good workout today picked up on some of my weights which makes me happy and look forward to gettin better each workout!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigweights74
05-18-10, 6:22 am
Ok well weight upon awakening was 220 lbs down 8 lbs from last week. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. I've been eating just the way I have been told haven't changed anything except cardio which is what DBOY told me to do and took oats from a full cup of oats to just half cup. I guess he will make changes accordingly. Gonna hit up legs her in about an hour

Front squat- 3 x 15
One leg presses- 3 x 20 short rang of motion
Leg Ext. - 3 x 20

Later

bigweights74
05-19-10, 3:59 pm
another day of cardio down and get back to the weights tomorrow ready for work!!!!!!!!!!!

bigweights74
05-20-10, 8:34 am
Had a great workout today

DB Rows Heavy- 3 x 15 70's heavy for me

V Bar Pulldowns- 3 x failure 130lbs

DB Pullovers- 2 x 15 75's

Barbell Shrugs- 3 x failure 315 lbs all 20 reps

Reverse Flyes- 3 x 15 30lbs

60 min of cardio tonite!!!

Later

bigweights74
05-30-10, 11:15 am
Tues is the start of week 6. Still feeling good and always hungry. Still have good energy in the gym we have stepped up cardio to hour and 15 minutes and thats no fun at all but gotta hit that goal and right now I'm on track with that so hey I'll do what I gotta do. Feels like im getting there took some more pics for the 6 week mark and I can see some changes slimmer and leaned out a lil more but I guess that comes with time and I'm not even at the half way point so I feel good about it still.

Later

bigweights74
03-21-11, 2:27 pm
CYCLE: Five Day Split, Two Days Off
LEVEL: Intermediate
GOAL: Complete Physique & Mass Building

Day One: Chest/Calves/Abs

Chest
• Pushups: 1 warmup set
• Incline Bench Press: 4 Sets x 10, 8, 6, 6
• Flat Bench Dumbbell Press: 4 Sets x 10, 8, 6, 6
• Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes: 3 Sets x 12, 10, 8
• Pushups: Immediately following the last set of dumbbell flyes, finish the chest with one set of pushups to failure

Calves
• Donkey Calf Raises: 4 Sets x 20, 15, 15, 12
• Standing Calf Raises: 4 Sets x 20, 15, 15, 12

Abs
• Hanging Leg Raises: 4 Sets x 20, 20, 20, 20
• Rope Crunches: 4 Sets x 20, 20, 15, 15
• Dumbbell Side Crunches: 4 Sets x 20, 20, 15, last set to failure

Day Two: Legs

Legs
• Bike: 5-10 minutes warmup
• Squat: 4 Sets x 12, 10, 8, 6
• Leg Press: 4 Sets x 10, 8, 6, 6
• Leg Extensions: 3 Sets x 10, 8, 8

Day Three: Biceps/Triceps/Abs

Biceps
• Seated Preacher Curls: 4 Sets x 12, 10, 8, 8
• Standing Dumbbell Curls: 4 Sets x 10, 8, 8, 6
• Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 3 Sets x 10, 8, 8

Triceps
• Skull Crushers: 4 Sets x 12, 10, 8, 8
• Close Grip Bench Press: 4 Sets x 12, 10, 8, 8
• Cable Pushdowns: 3 Sets x 12,10, 8

Abs
• Cross Body Crunches: 4 Sets x 20, 20, 20, 20
• Decline Reverse Crunch: 4 Sets x 20, 20, 15, last set to failure

Day Four: Hamstrings/Back/Calves

Hamstrings
• Bike: 5-10 minute warmup
• Stiffed Legged Deadlifts: 5 Sets x 12, 10, 8, 8, 6
• Lying Leg Curls: 4 Sets x 12, 10, 10, 8
• Standing Leg Curl: 3 Sets x 12, 10, last set to failure

Back
• Wide Grip Pull-Ups: 3 Sets x to failure each set
• Bent-over Barbell Rows: 4 Sets x 12, 10, 10, 8
• Seated Cable Rows (close grip): 3 Sets x 10, 10, 8

Calves
• Donkey Calf Raises: 4 Sets x 20, 15, 15, 12
• Calf Raises on Leg Press Machine: 3 Sets x 20, 20, last set to failure

Day Five: Shoulders/Traps/Abs

Shoulders
• Barbell Shoulder Press: 4 Sets x 12, 10, 10, 8
• Arnold Dumbbell Press: 3 Sets x 10, 10, 8
• Front Dumbbell Raises: 2 Sets x 10, 10
• Side Dumbbell Raises: 2 Sets x 10, 10

Traps
• Barbell Shrugs: 4 Sets x 12, 10, 10, 8
• Upright Rows: 4 Sets x 10, 10, 10, 8

Abs
• Lying Leg Raises: 4 Sets x 20, 15, 15, 12
• Crunches: 3 Sets x 20, 20, last set to failure

Anyone think that this is a bad routine while doing keto???

Im gonna get started again in the first of April had alot of shit going on plus trying out different workouts and shit just makin mistakes in training I guess got off the path. Ready to get back into it and give it another go. Just tryin to stay focused and do it the right way!!

bigweights74
03-27-11, 10:08 pm
Fuck it gonna go heavy and get big bro's fuck this small shit!!!

bigweights74
04-09-11, 8:05 pm
Gonna start my 36 hour fast at 8pm tonite I have an hour!! So last time to eat is 7:59pm to Sunday 8pm and that will just be a shake before bed! Got a schedule and diet from some brothas on here so were gonna make it happen!! I guess after thinkin and talking Im going to cut thats just the best move for me!! I need to make a commitment to it and stick with it gotta make it happen and give it my all!!

Bruiser
04-10-11, 3:20 pm
Gonna start my 36 hour fast at 8pm tonite I have an hour!! So last time to eat is 7:59pm to Sunday 8pm and that will just be a shake before bed! Got a schedule and diet from some brothas on here so were gonna make it happen!! I guess after thinkin and talking Im going to cut thats just the best move for me!! I need to make a commitment to it and stick with it gotta make it happen and give it my all!!

Good for you bro. Just stick with this and you'll get to where you want to be in no time.

bigweights74
04-11-11, 7:51 am
Day 1 finally got to eat this morning I was starving after that fast!! Doing one week no carbs and no training just cardio in the evening! On my feet all day at work walking all day that prob helps the process I guess!! Hopefully I dont go nut while doing this no carb deal but lets see what happens!

bigweights74
04-12-11, 10:15 am
Well yesterday sucked with the diet work it hard as fuck to get food in!! Off today so it will be on point! Down to 243lbs this morning!

bigweights74
04-16-11, 10:04 pm
Wake up 4:30am
Uni-Liver (and with every meal or shake)
fat burner (every 3-4 hours after this)
Garlic
cinnamon

Take Pak with 1st meal

Preworkout -
Rage

Postworkout -
Creatine
Uni-Liver
Whey

Afternoon -
Garlic
cinnamon

Bedtime -
Valerian root
Fenugreek
Garlic
Cinnamon
Uni-Liver
Whey

Lookin to have a good cut and shed some of this weight!!