PDA

View Full Version : Road to My 1st Bodybuilding Show

AaronL87
02-25-10, 9:10 am
Whats up Animals? The title says it all, I'm on the journey to my first show. I'm 22, 5'9'', 185LBS and less than 20% body fat. I work as a Personal Trainer so exercise and nutrition is my life. My boss came to me the other day and asked if I wanted to do a show in the Fall. I am taking this opportunity. This is something I've always wanted to do and now is the perfect time in my life to do so. My goal is to get leaner and put on more muscle before dieting down for the show. If any Animals have contest preparation advice/tips you would like to share feel free to leave a line here. The journey begins...

AaronL87
02-25-10, 9:23 am
For my nutrition I have been zig zagging my nutrition throughout the week. This is a great way to try to lose some body fat. For 3 days I am zig zagging my macros, taking in less carbs and then the last 3 days I'm bumping my carbs back up. I am happy to say that today I get to eat more carbs! : ) So far I have lost 3LBS from doing this so I believe it is working! I am training Shoulders, Calves, and Abs today.

C.Coronato
02-25-10, 11:11 am
Welcome my man. What show do you plan on doing?

AaronL87
02-26-10, 9:38 am
Welcome my man. What show do you plan on doing?

Thanks treetrunk! I'm not sure what show I will be doing as of yet, some natural show so I don't disappear up there haha.

AaronL87
02-26-10, 9:48 am
This is how it went down:

Meal # 1: Scrambled eggs, oats, blueberries
Meal # 2 : Cottage cheese, whole wheat pasta, natty PB
Meal # 3: Protein Shake, 16 Asparagus
Meal # 4: Chicken breast, whole wheat pasta, asparagus, natty PB
Meal # 5: Post workout Shake, blueberries
Meal # 6: Egg whites

Workout:

DB Bent Over Row
Machine Shoulder Press
One Arm DB Side Lateral
DB Shrugs
Leg Press Calf Raise
Standing Calf Raise

Firedrake
02-28-10, 1:59 pm
Aaron - welcome to the grind!

I'll be doing my first show since I was 18, this coming July 24th for the L.A. Bodybuilding Championships, Masters Over 50 division. When I step onstage, it'll be three years to the week since I had major reconstructive lumbar surgery.

I look forward to your progress!

PIJW
02-28-10, 5:29 pm
Keep up the solid work Aaron, i too am looking for my 1st show, except i am looking at next year, still have some work to do on my cut. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will do great.

C.Coronato
03-01-10, 3:32 pm
Thanks treetrunk! I'm not sure what show I will be doing as of yet, some natural show so I don't disappear up there haha.

Ahh thats awesome. We have quite a few natural competitors on the FORVM, myself included. Good luck my man.

AaronL87
03-02-10, 9:45 am
Aaron - welcome to the grind!

I'll be doing my first show since I was 18, this coming July 24th for the L.A. Bodybuilding Championships, Masters Over 50 division. When I step onstage, it'll be three years to the week since I had major reconstructive lumbar surgery.

I look forward to your progress!

Thanks Firedrake, and good luck to you at the L.A.! Championship!

AaronL87
03-02-10, 9:46 am
Keep up the solid work Aaron, i too am looking for my 1st show, except i am looking at next year, still have some work to do on my cut. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will do great.

Thanks for the support Pain, I am working on leaning out a little bit before I start getting ready for this show too!

AaronL87
03-02-10, 9:47 am
Ahh thats awesome. We have quite a few natural competitors on the FORVM, myself included. Good luck my man.

Natural is the way to be brother! Glad you to hear you are part of the team. Dedication and hard work gets the results!

AaronL87
03-02-10, 9:53 am
So as I have mentioned before, first three days of the week I am cycling my carbs very low and the last three days of the week I am bringing the carbs back up. Yesterday looked like this:

Meal # 1: Scrambled Eggs, 1 Cup, blueberries
Meal # 2: Post workout shake, 1 Cup blueberries
Meal # 3: 1 Cup Cottage cheese, 1 TBSP Natty PB
Meal # 4: 1 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt, 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta, 1 TBSP Natty PB
Meal # 5: Egg Whites

Workout:

Flat DB Press
Incline DB Press
Machine Fly
DB Preacher Curl
Hammer Grip Concentration Curls
Alternating DB Curls

Firedrake
03-02-10, 1:19 pm
Looks good. How are your training weights on low carb vs. high carb days? Do you notice a difference in strength?

NJC_Manhattan
03-02-10, 8:44 pm
Good diet and workouts

C.Coronato
03-04-10, 2:05 pm
How you feelin my man?

Feel The Power
03-04-10, 9:54 pm
good luck with the diet and show.. I'll check in on you every now and then..