PDA

View Full Version : SEMINAR: Big Al & Big Ant's "Training Around Injuries"

G Diesel
02-25-10, 9:41 am
Friday, 3/5/10, 1:30pm

Two of my favorite dudes in this game and cats that have a voluminous wealth of knowledge and practical life experience. You don't survive and prosper in this game without knowing how to train around injuries, progress when less than 100% and figuring out methods to heal thyself. They know of what they speak and will provide some awesome insight. I take notes whenever these two talk. It is usually fun and entertaining as well.

Peace, G

naturalguy
02-25-10, 10:01 am
I will be taking notes

bodybabe10
02-25-10, 10:03 am
Another good one I want to catch!

Big Al
02-27-10, 9:59 pm
You know I wont say much on the mic because my boy Big Ant LOVES to talk.LOL

Survivor831
02-27-10, 11:13 pm
I think this is something we all could benefit from......Something we all go through but not sure what to do. Gonna be there for sure.

BigAnt
02-28-10, 10:36 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just walk/pace The Cage and talk a lot cause if I sit there stationary next to you--

I look very very small...

GOOD LOOKING BUT SMALL!

PIJW
02-28-10, 10:53 pm
I will be taking notes

And posting them where?

Mr. Dead
02-28-10, 11:25 pm
I'll need a separate notebook for this, alone...!!!

PIJW
02-28-10, 11:26 pm
I'll need a separate notebook for this, alone...!!!

cough cough ::HIP:: cough cough ::squatting again::

Mr. Dead
02-28-10, 11:34 pm
cough cough ::HIP:: cough cough ::squatting again::

actually... It is... But, if you feel you must make light of an injury... Then feel free to join me any time on a leg day... I'm sure 100-rep leg extensions should be child's play to you...

PIJW
02-28-10, 11:36 pm
actually... It is... But, if you feel you must make light of an injury... Then feel free to join me any time on a leg day...

If i can wear my knee brace i will join ya, torn acl and i can finally move over 300, any higher and i either need it or i dont move it, leg press is the same over 10 plates and i need the brace, sucks cause i like leg day too.

Meet in wichita hit legs, taco tico after?

Mr. Dead
02-28-10, 11:39 pm
If i can wear my knee brace i will join ya, torn acl and i can finally move over 300, any higher and i either need it or i dont move it, leg press is the same over 10 plates and i need the brace, sucks cause i like leg day too.

Meet in wichita hit legs, taco tico after?
Wrong thread to do that in... But... Ya did say 300 for 100 reps... Mighty impressive... You win...

PIJW
02-28-10, 11:43 pm
Wrong thread to do that in... But... Ya did say 300 for 100 reps... Mighty impressive... You win...

I would never make it to the door, lol, nah you win, cause i would have quit legs for a while, your still pushing giving it 110%, can't wait to see what you move once your hip is 100% again.

Little Z
03-01-10, 12:57 am
Looking forward to this Seminar.. as long as Al doesnt start flippin me the bird again as I record all the wonderful information HAHA

The Freak
03-01-10, 1:14 pm
looking forward to this guys.. evveeryyone gets injuries of sometimes...

mritter3
03-01-10, 1:16 pm
should be very interesting...as freak said, everyone gets an injury from time to time...be nice to get some people who know what there talking about on how to train around the injuries.

D-Bone
03-02-10, 3:46 am
This should be a great seminar one that everyone needs to go to. If you stay in the game long enough your going to eventually get hurt. It will be nice to learn how to continue to train with out sitting on the sidelines waiting to heal.

BigAnt
03-03-10, 12:48 am
I am still nursing a shoulder injury and Big Al has a tricep injury...real words from real people who are still training for real!

Mr. Dead
03-03-10, 1:22 am
I am still nursing a shoulder injury and Big Al has a tricep injury...real words from real people who are still training for real!

I'm definitely down for this!!!

dannynb
03-03-10, 2:00 am
looking forward to this guys.. evveeryyone gets injuries of sometimes...

Yep....I've been plagued with them over the past year...kept me from competing last year and if my shoulder doesn't quit acting up might do it to me again this year.

dannynb
03-03-10, 2:01 am

That's why this is the one seminar I will not miss come hell or high water.

naturalguy
03-03-10, 8:33 am

Tell BigAnt there is a 30 minute time limit lol

deanna7272
03-03-10, 8:39 am

Remember last year when you took my camera and started snapping shots as Big Ant talked??? One pic is infamous...lol

Big Al
03-03-10, 11:08 am
Oh,The only pic's I'm taking this year are you in that latex!!!!!!LOL

deanna7272
03-03-10, 1:56 pm
Oh,The only pic's I'm taking this year are you in that latex!!!!!!LOL

Here's a injury topic starter for ya.... Immediate blindness of EPIC proportions...

Big Irish
03-03-10, 9:21 pm

I tweeked my shoulder a couple weeks ago and it has hindered damn near every workout since. We did shoulders tonight and talk about burn. DAMN!! So you can say I'll be very attentative as ever at this sim.

dannynb
03-03-10, 11:06 pm
I tweeked my shoulder a couple weeks ago and it has hindered damn near every workout since. We did shoulders tonight and talk about burn. DAMN!! So you can say I'll be very attentative as ever at this sim.

I hear ya....my shoulder is so inflamed and pissed off at me, been going to rehab for 2 weeks now and I can barely squat even...just having my arm twisted back griping the bar kills me. LOL I'm just getting old.

BigAnt
03-04-10, 7:35 am
Yeah sems like shoulders is the number one injury of choice, make sure you ask pleanty of questions at the seminar and also don't be shy when you see-meet me at THE CAGE...

Going out to a big boy breakfast with the family shortly, than heading to Philly airport to grab a flight to C-bus...

Hope me and Big Al are not in the same aisle....that's a lot of beef on one side of the plane!

LOL

Everybody who is flying out - driving out....
Have a safe trip!
See you all in Ohio!

deanna7272
03-04-10, 7:55 am
Yeah sems like shoulders is the number one injury of choice, make sure you ask pleanty of questions at the seminar and also don't be shy when you see-meet me at THE CAGE...

Going out to a big boy breakfast with the family shortly, than heading to Philly airport to grab a flight to C-bus...

Hope me and Big Al are not in the same aisle....that's a lot of beef on one side of the plane!

LOL

Everybody who is flying out - driving out....
Have a safe trip!
See you all in Ohio!

Have a safe flight in guys...