PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't the Cage have babes?

Beowulf
02-26-10, 12:30 pm
When I see pics from past years, I don't see the ladies like at all the other booths. Why not? It attracts a lot of people.

deanna7272
02-26-10, 12:31 pm
When I see pics from past years, I don't see the ladies like at all the other booths. Why not? It attracts a lot of people.

Do you want hot chicks that know NOTHING about the supps they are handing out or do you want the REAL DEAL... Take your pick....

And PS... Thanks Pal.....LMAO

Beowulf
02-26-10, 12:33 pm
Do you want hot chicks that know NOTHING about the supps they are handing out or do you want the REAL DEAL... Take your pick....

Hey, innocent question, lol. How about hot chicks who train hard? Surely some babes must workout and use supplements.

Big C
02-26-10, 12:33 pm

The Cage itself attracts more people than any bikini model could.

Beowulf
02-26-10, 12:34 pm

Cage = many people
Cage + babes = many, many more people

Big C
02-26-10, 12:36 pm
Cage = many people
Cage + babes = many, many more people

If I want to see fake boobs and bright orange skin who annoy the shit outta me...I would go to other booths. Personally, I'm glad there aren't girls like that working at the Cage.

Beowulf
02-26-10, 12:36 pm
If I want to see fake boobs and bright orange skin...I would go to other booths. Personally, I'm glad there aren't girls like that working at the Cage.

Natural everything. Would that work better for you? lol

I watch boxing matches and UFC fights and they have plenty of babes.

Lots of testosterone and babes go hand in hand. Right?

Big C
02-26-10, 12:38 pm
Natural everything. Would that work better for you? lol

I watch boxing matches and UFC fights and they have plenty of babes.

Lots of testosterone and babes go hand in hand. Right?

That works for boxing and UFC.....not for Animal. That's not what it's about bro. Just my opinion.

Beowulf
02-26-10, 12:39 pm
That works for boxing and UFC.....not for Animal. That's not what it's about bro. Just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree. I'm just wondering why. Boxing and MMA is pretty hardcore. It's got a lot of toughness like Animal. Why does it work for those but not this?

Big C
02-26-10, 12:39 pm
I remember some chick came into the Cage last year in her pink suit and tried to disrupt things....it was more annoying than anything. Everyone blew her off and she left.

I don't know to be honest bro....I don't work for Animal so I can't really say.

Beowulf
02-26-10, 12:41 pm
I remember some chick came into the Cage last year in her pink suit and tried to disrupt things....it was more annoying than anything. Everyone blew her off and she left.

I don't know to be honest bro....I don't work for Animal so I can't really say.

Really? That doesn't seem hospitable.

Anyway, I was just wondering. Not sure if there is an answer.........

Mr. Dead
02-26-10, 12:42 pm
How many "babes" have you seen in the ads...??? How many ridiculous claims have you seen in the ads...??? That's not what Universal/Animal/SportPharma is about... Real products... Real results... No glitz and glimmer... Just quality supplements that work, for the serious trainer...

D-NUTZ
02-26-10, 12:42 pm
You want a babe? Ill show up in my speedo.

deanna7272
02-26-10, 12:43 pm
Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree. I'm just wondering why. Boxing and MMA is pretty hardcore. It's got a lot of toughness like Animal. Why does it work for those but not this?

Well, here's my advice.... While you are at the Expo, go to the other booths for your eye candy...

You'll realize that the eye candy won't help you on your Journey.... If you feel testosterone and babes go hand in hand, your views may be a little skewed and I would have to think that you're here for the wrong reason...

Mr. Dead
02-26-10, 12:43 pm
You want a babe? Ill show up in my speedo.

Uhm... That's just wrong... *LOL*

Beowulf
02-26-10, 12:44 pm
How many "babes" have you seen in the ads...??? How many ridiculous claims have you seen in the ads...??? That's not what Universal/Animal/SportPharma is about... Real products... Real results... No glitz and glimmer... Just quality supplements that work, for the serious trainer...

Are you equating "babes" with "ridiculous"? Are you saying women can't be serious trainers?

Beowulf
02-26-10, 12:45 pm
Well, here's my advice.... While you are at the Expo, go to the other booths for your eye candy...

You'll realize that the eye candy won't help you on your Journey.... If you feel testosterone and babes go hand in hand, your views may be a little skewed and I would have to think that you're here for the wrong reason...

Know any men? Ask them if they're attracted to babes and if they'd look if they were around;) Men are men. Much as women want to change them, they will always look......

Besides, who said the "babes" had to be "eye candy"? Truth is, doesn't a part of population see male bodybuilders as "eye candy"?

Mr. Dead
02-26-10, 12:46 pm
Are you equating "babes" with "ridiculous"? Are you saying women can't be serious trainers?

Not quite sure where you got that, out of my statement, but that's not what I was saying... I'm stating the fact, that the Universal family doesn't need/use that type of advertising, so... Why would they do it at the Cage... Sex may sell, but that's not how they do business...

deanna7272
02-26-10, 12:50 pm

Okay... this is getting to be a pissing match... No one said they can't be serious, but that's not what Animal is about... I know a lot of beautiful ladies that work their ass off and know a hell of a lot about training and such, that's not the issue here.

What we are trying to say is, it doesn't matter what you LOOK like, it's a mentality, a passion, ans a love for the life...

Mr. Dead
02-26-10, 12:50 pm
Okay... this is getting to be a pissing match... No one said they can't be serious, but that's not what Animal is about... I know a lot of beautiful ladies that work their ass off and know a hell of a lot about training and such, that's not the issue here.

What we are trying to say is, it doesn't matter what you LOOK like, it's a mentality, a passion, ans a love for the life...

Exactly...

Beowulf
02-26-10, 12:52 pm
Not quite sure where you got that, out of my statement, but that's not what I was saying... I'm stating the fact, that the Universal family doesn't need/use that type of advertising, so... Why would they do it at the Cage... Sex may sell, but that's not how they do business...

Why does your comment about "sex sells" refer only to women? Why couldn't Animal represent women as strong, powerful, independent?

G Diesel
02-26-10, 12:52 pm
I like the ladies and a little visual sweet stuff as much as anybody, but The Cage is kinda sacred. We're old school and that is OK.

Peace, G

Beowulf
02-26-10, 12:54 pm

Exactly. So why not babes in the Cage? Women who have the right Animal mentality, the passion, the love for the life? I assume you're a woman and you're going to the Cage. I'm assuming you feel welcome and embraced by Animal, right?

Beowulf
02-26-10, 12:54 pm
I like the ladies and a little visual sweet stuff as much as anybody, but The Cage is kinda sacred. We're old school and that is OK.

Peace, G

By that you mean an all boy's club?

deanna7272
02-26-10, 12:55 pm
Why does your comment about "sex sells" refer only to women? Why couldn't Animal represent women as strong, powerful, independent?

Now you're getting it.... That's what they do, not have us show our asses to "get attention"....

Beowulf
02-26-10, 12:56 pm
Now you're getting it.... That's what they do, not have us show our asses to "get attention"....

I said "babes", I didn't say scantily clad babes, lol. But let's put things into perspective. Male bodybuilders aren't wearing much on stage. If one of the Animal pros was in the Cage wearing posing trunks, would people accuse Animal of trying to "get attention"? Yet the idea of women wearing bikinis would, as some have suggested in this thread.......

deanna7272
02-26-10, 12:57 pm
Exactly. So why not babes in the Cage? Women who have the right Animal mentality, the passion, the love for the life? I assume you're a woman and you're going to the Cage. I'm assuming you feel welcome and embraced by Animal, right?

Yes, I am a strong,powerful, and independent woman....

If you read my journey and such you will see on the first page that THAT is the exact reason I am here.... Animal is NOT cookie cutter and not about the T&A....

G Diesel
02-26-10, 12:58 pm

No. But more a place for serious and committed athletes, regardless of gender or experience. Flashy shit and car show girls and all that don't really fit with what we do there.

Peace, G

Beowulf
02-26-10, 12:59 pm
No. But more a place for serious and committed athletes, regardless of gender or experience. Flashy shit and car show girls and all that don't really fit with what we do there.

Peace, G

So could a strong woman be an "athlete" in the Cage? If so, why aren't there any?

G Diesel
02-26-10, 1:01 pm
So could a strong woman be an "athlete" in the Cage? If so, why aren't there any?

Possibly. Sure. Deanna will be an intern at The Cage this year because of her commitment to the Animal brand and the iron lifestyle. That goes against the all boy's club stereotype.

Peace, G

deanna7272
so could a strong woman be an "athlete" in the cage? If so, why aren't there any?

h e l l o?????

deanna7272
Possibly. Sure. Deanna will be an intern at The Cage this year because of her commitment to the Animal brand and the iron lifestyle.

Peace, G

Thanks G....

Beowulf
02-26-10, 1:03 pm
h e l l o?????

I meant as one of the sponsored athletes;)

But like I said, would people (men or women) be bothered if Ox showed up in the Cage wearing his posing trunks? Let's be real, bodybuilding is about bodies. It's about flesh and muscle and showcasing it. It's not about morals or values or character. Winning is about what's outside, not what's inside.

Big C

You ever been there bro? If not....I wouldn't talk. All women are "welcome" in and around the Cage, it's just that there are none working handing out "free" samples and so forth. Why be like every other damn booth? That's what seperates us from everyone else...

Beowulf
Possibly. Sure. Deanna will be an intern at The Cage this year because of her commitment to the Animal brand and the iron lifestyle. That goes against the all boy's club stereotype.

Peace, G

So why aren't there powerful women in Animal ads? Wouldn't that go against the stereotype even more?

Beowulf
02-26-10, 1:04 pm
You ever been there bro? If not....I wouldn't talk. All women are "welcome" in and around the Cage, it's just that there are none working handing out "free" samples and so forth.

Yes, I have. I was referring to someone's post about the lady in pink and her experience......

Big C
02-26-10, 1:06 pm
Yes, I have. I was referring to someone's post about the lady in pink and her experience......

The lady in pink was some bimbo from another booth who was trying to interrupt our Cage events.....not some lady who was actually interested in the Cage and so forth. There is a schedule of events in the Cage that they have to go by, ya know.

B Con
02-26-10, 1:06 pm
This thread delivers the lolz

Beowulf
02-26-10, 1:07 pm
The lady in pink was some bimbo from another booth who was trying to interrupt our Cage events.....not some lady who was actually interested in the Cage and so forth. There is a schedule of events in the Cage that they have to go by, ya know.

Oh I see. I didn't know she was getting in the way, lol. I thought she just wanted to see what the Cage was all about.

Beowulf
02-26-10, 1:07 pm
This thread delivers the lolz

That's spelled "lulz", lulz.

I've always wondered why some people post stuff like that....... it's like they have nothing else to contribute, so they just post, "lolz";)

Big C
02-26-10, 1:08 pm
Oh I see. I didn't know she was getting in the way, lol. I thought she just wanted to see what the Cage was all about.

Yeah she saw alright...Wrath gave her a hug and sent her on her way.

B Con
02-26-10, 1:09 pm
That's spelled "lulz", lulz.

I've always wondered why some people post stuff like that....... it's like they have nothing else to contribute, so they just post, "lolz";)

I fully agree with G in this thread. No need to try and stir things up.

Beowulf
02-26-10, 1:10 pm
Yeah she saw alright...Wrath gave her a hug and sent her on her way.

Ha now that's funny. I beg Wrath gets a lot of "attention" from the ladies.

But see, this is OK. But if there was a babe in the booth getting male attention, bad, bad, bad, lol.

Beowulf
02-26-10, 1:10 pm
I fully agree with G in this thread. No need to try and stir things up.

I thought that's what YOU were doing:-0

Muscleguy93
02-26-10, 1:11 pm
Lol. I love the animal booth. No bullshit just they way things should be

deanna7272
02-26-10, 1:12 pm
I meant as one of the sponsored athletes;)

But like I said, would people (men or women) be bothered if Ox showed up in the Cage wearing his posing trunks? Let's be real, bodybuilding is about bodies. It's about flesh and muscle and showcasing it. It's not about morals or values or character. Winning is about what's outside, not what's inside.

I will be there representing the women... I don't need "paid" to do it... What I get from Animal is more than enough compensation.... I do it because I love it, I love the family I have gained, the knowledge and inspiration that I get from Animal...

It is an art... Not a showcase... It is a passion and no trophy on a shelf can replace the satisfaction of knowing that you have suffered the diet, trained with ZERO energy, and you reached a goal that you set for yourself. This life is VERY secluded at times... It is NOT widely accepted like we would like to believe MOST people think that it's "gross" and "disgusting"... It is about morals and character... Believe me, go through contest prep and stand on that stage, believe me, IT BUILDS CHARACTER!!!!

And please... Save the trunks for the stage fellas...

Beowulf
Cage isn't like other booths. Getting girls to be part of the cage just because they attract horny guys kills the whole purpose of animal. Its about no bullshit, hard work and real products. Not a bunch of girls in skin tight clothes fake boobs walking around giving samples.

Again, I didn't say get sexy girls just to attract horny guys! But if a strong woman had that ability, is this a bad thing?

InkdMuscle
hey we do have babz. We have: Toni69, Deeanna, BBWIFEY, and I know there are more here im just drawing a blank on the screen names. =)

Beowulf
02-26-10, 1:13 pm
I will be there representing the women... I don't need "paid" to do it... What I get from Animal is more than enough compensation.... I do it because I love it, I love the family I have gained, the knowledge and inspiration that I get from Animal...

It is an art... Not a showcase... It is a passion and no trophy on a shelf can replace the satisfaction of knowing that you have suffered the diet, trained with ZERO energy, and you reached a goal that you set for yourself. This life is VERY secluded at times... It is NOT widely accepted like we would like to believe MOST people think that it's "gross" and "disgusting"... It is about morals and character... Believe me, go through contest prep and stand on that stage, believe me, IT BUILDS CHARACTER!!!!

And please... Save the trunks for the stage fellas...

I agree with everything you said..... Especially about not wearing trunks in the Cage, lol.

Beowulf
02-26-10, 1:13 pm
hey we do have babz. We have: Toni69, Deeanna, BBWIFEY, and I know there are more here im just drawing a blank on the screen names. =)

You missed my point entirely. That's OK.

Mr. Dead
02-26-10, 1:16 pm
This thread is just going in circles...

deanna7272
02-26-10, 1:17 pm

PLEASE READ THAT OUTLOUD....

Again, I didn't say get sexy girls just to attract horny guys! But if a strong woman had that ability, is this a bad thing?

As I have quoted... You did NOT mention anything about having a STRONG WOMAN in your original post... You mentioned "BABES"...

I'm done here, I've said all I have to say...

Beowulf
02-26-10, 1:18 pm
PLEASE READ THAT OUTLOUD....

As I have quoted... You did NOT mention anything about having a STRONG WOMAN in your original post... You mentioned "BABES"...

I'm done here, spoke my peace...

Sorry didn't mean for this to become an argument or a "pissing match". I was just wondering and trying to start a discussion. I'm out too.

firsthorseman97
02-26-10, 1:25 pm
I now have issues with Big C. How dare you call that upstanding young lady a bimbo!?! I took pics of her warm, caring smile. Its not like someone said "Hey tits, we need more towels in our room."

-For those who don't know, this post is a complete joke and meant for humor only. Thanks.

Razor
02-26-10, 1:32 pm

The thread could've ended right there. Great response deanna.

Beach91
02-26-10, 1:39 pm
If you check out the earlier versions of the cage, i do believe universal/Animal had women working the cage to promote Animal. Monica Brant was at one time a Universal athlete, and I believe she worked the cage in its earliest stages at the Arnold.

Why arent there girls in bikinis promoting the cage? It doesnt work within the marketing strategy that Animal uses. When coming up with the idea to take the Animal line and build the Animal line as separate from Universal, they wanted to do something that no one in the market does, create a niche, how do u do this? If you look at supplements, all or most contain a lot of the same ingredients, so how do u build a market or a following if you are essentially selling the same types of products?

By promoting it differently,by having a hardcore edge, by not having girls in bikinis handing out free samples ala every single other co. and every other booth at the Arnold. Also not promising the world with the products, mentioning diet, nutrition and training as main factors in reaching goals, and by treating everyone as family, creating an online brotherhood, so to speak.

Beowulf does raise an interesting point or perspective, what if Animal came out with a Journey 2 featuring a female bodybuilder or fitness competitor. That would open up Animal to a whole new market, recognizing women are not just babes or eyecandy, but they are also waist deep in not only in the competitive fitness industry, but in the overall goal of self improvement as well. Animal could setup female competitions at the cage and seminars as well devoted to womens bodybuilding and womens figure/fitness.

Turn on the mind a litlle and turn off the mindless use of women in the fitness industry

sorry for the long post guys n Gals, thats my 10 cents

naturalguy
02-26-10, 1:39 pm
For the record I have nothing against having women at The Cage, it doesn't make The Cage any less hardcore

just sayin'

naturalguy
02-26-10, 1:46 pm
If you check out the earlier versions of the cage, i do believe universal/Animal had women working the cage to promote Animal. Monica Brant was at one time a Universal athlete, and I believe she worked the cage in its earliest stages at the Arnold.

Why arent there girls in bikinis promoting the cage? It doesnt work within the marketing strategy that Animal uses. When coming up with the idea to take the Animal line and build the Animal line as separate from Universal, they wanted to do something that no one in the market does, create a niche, how do u do this? If you look at supplements, all or most contain a lot of the same ingredients, so how do u build a market or a following if you are essentially selling the same types of products?

By promoting it differently,by having a hardcore edge, by not having girls in bikinis handing out free samples ala every single other co. and every other booth at the Arnold. Also not promising the world with the products, mentioning diet, nutrition and training as main factors in reaching goals, and by treating everyone as family, creating an online brotherhood, so to speak.

Beowulf does raise an interesting point or perspective, what if Animal came out with a Journey 2 featuring a female bodybuilder or fitness competitor. That would open up Animal to a whole new market, recognizing women are not just babes or eyecandy, but they are also waist deep in not only in the competitive fitness industry, but in the overall goal of self improvement as well. Animal could setup female competitions at the cage and seminars as well devoted to womens bodybuilding and womens figure/fitness.

Turn on the mind a litlle and turn off the mindless use of women in the fitness industry

sorry for the long post guys n Gals, thats my 10 cents

You raise a good point that there were girls at previous Cage versions and the brand has grown over those years. Having women there certainly didn't hurt the brand or The Cage.

Elite
02-26-10, 2:03 pm
Let's be real, bodybuilding is about bodies. It's about flesh and muscle and showcasing it. It's not about morals or values or character. Winning is about what's outside, not what's inside.

I think you'll find a huge connection between bodybuilding & morals/values/character, at least here you will find that. Ok, some bodybuilders may ditch the morals/values, they may become winners on paper and in their minds, but not champions in the bigger picture. You definately gotta have character to train/eat/learn and sacrifice if you want to get anywhere in this game, thats for sure.

Universal Rep
02-26-10, 2:13 pm
Why do I always miss the good threads???

Lots of good points in here. I've been to plenty of shows to know that, too often, the ladies are there as nuthin but eye candy. Don't know about anyone else, but some of the ladies I know are tough, smart and strong.

ghost
02-26-10, 2:45 pm

this was done ONCE... and then corporate saw how the girls looked and said NO... Animal prides itself on how we treat people. Women are people, they are not going to be objectified. we have our Pro's working the booth, talking to the people. not people who have NO idea what the hell they are talking about.

mritter3
02-26-10, 3:53 pm
this was done ONCE... and then corporate saw how the girls looked and said NO... Animal prides itself on how we treat people. Women are people, they are not going to be objectified. we have our Pro's working the booth, talking to the people. not people who have NO idea what the hell they are talking about.

well said rob...couldnt agree more....want people coming to booth for the products and info...not staring at some hot chicks...and getting in the way of people who want to learn a thing or 2.

Muscleguy93
02-26-10, 5:02 pm
i also really couldnt agree more...

Flash419
02-26-10, 5:04 pm

AMEN!

Big Al
02-27-10, 9:47 pm
We got hot ass babe....deanna7272.And she's hotter then any Booth chick.

PS.there will be PLENTY of chicks hanging around the cage....Anytime wrath is there, there WILL be chicks.LOL

deanna7272
02-28-10, 12:56 pm

PS.there will be PLENTY of chicks hanging around the cage....Anytime wrath is there, there WILL be chicks.LOL

You're killin' me...

(((P.S. I will give you the $10 I promised for making that comment when I get to Cbus...lol)))

InkdMuscle
02-28-10, 1:27 pm

I agree with big Al.

and Dee can out lift any of those bikini babes any day. Theres a Cage lift right there.

Deeanna vs. Bikini Babes. =Wearing bikini's. LOL

deanna7272
02-28-10, 1:50 pm
I agree with big Al.

and Dee can out lift any of those bikini babes any day. Theres a Cage lift right there.

Deeanna vs. Bikini Babes. =Wearing bikini's. LOL

What the heck are you guys getting me into??? Being a STRONG, POWERFUL, INDEPENDENT WOMAN doesn't always mean on the bench... I'm no powerlifter... Sheeesss...LMAO I'm just doing my thing...

And just for the record... Deanna is still eating good in the neighborhood, which means NO 'KINIS for this girl... lol

Mr. Dead
02-28-10, 2:14 pm
What the heck are you guys getting me into??? Being a STRONG, POWERFUL, INDEPENDENT WOMAN doesn't always mean on the bench... I'm no powerlifter... Sheeesss...LMAO I'm just doing my thing...

And just for the record... Deanna is still eating good in the neighborhood, which means NO 'KINIS for this girl... lol

Then... How about the latex outfit, Big Al mentioned in the interns thread...??? *LOL*

deanna7272
02-28-10, 3:34 pm
Then... How about the latex outfit, Big Al mentioned in the interns thread...??? *LOL*

Well, we would be putting Stoltz to the test with his Ophthalmology training... Wonder how he would deal with the widespread instantaneous loss of vision???? (Al Bundy reference...lol)

Big Al
02-28-10, 7:39 pm
The latex outfit.....oh yes!!!! I cant wait..LOL

deanna7272
02-28-10, 7:44 pm
The latex outfit.....oh yes!!!! I cant wait..LOL

Grrrr....

bodybabe10
02-28-10, 11:25 pm

I couldn't agree with you more Dee! I am a female bodybuilder who takes Animal supps and trains hard but I don't complain about not seeing "babes" at the Cage. I prefer it that way. I was at the Cage last year and that's what makes Animal different, unique and the best!

bodybabe10
02-28-10, 11:35 pm

I guess we are in the same boat my evil twin....bwaahahaha! LOL!

Mr. Dead
02-28-10, 11:41 pm
I couldn't agree with you more Dee! I am a female bodybuilder who takes Animal supps and trains hard but I don't complain about not seeing "babes" at the Cage. I prefer it that way. I was at the Cage last year and that's what makes Animal different, unique and the best!

You and Dee would put all of the bikini girls to shame...!!!

InkdMuscle
03-01-10, 4:52 pm

wait in the same boat. so BodyBabe is going in latex too. =) whooohoooo. LOL

jjhoffard
03-01-10, 5:14 pm
yes and it will be a liquid latex and i'm painter lol

bodybabe10
03-01-10, 5:16 pm
wait in the same boat. so BodyBabe is going in latex too. =) whooohoooo. LOL

yes and it will be a liquid latex and i'm painter lol

Hahaha! You guys are funny! Real comedians.....

The Freak
03-01-10, 11:30 pm
dont worry ill be bringing plenty of girls to the cage... esp with my team being the pretty boys... yellow corner will be the party side!

Big Al
03-02-10, 2:15 pm
Oh no!!Freak you gotta share.....PLEASE. I thought we we're friends.LOL