PDA

View Full Version : chest training

msktyshha
02-26-10, 5:57 pm
i have been using bench press, incilne and flyes for my chest training for a while, and my chest didn seem to develop much. How can I target my chest more to do the work while doing these exercises, also will dips be a good chest exercise? if so how to do them correctly. Also I have used dumbells on bench, but it seems that my wrists seem to give up on me before my chest does, and that's why I left dumbells, even after I wore wrists wraps and stuff.

msktyshha
02-26-10, 6:00 pm
and what exercises combined can give you a solid workout for hypertrophy in chest

jeff00z28
02-26-10, 6:15 pm
my favorite is to start out with barbell bench, then do weighted dips, then incline dumbells, then incline dumbell flies. sometimes i do the dips 3rd and incline dumbells 2nd. only thing i care about how much weight i do on is the bench, the rest is just about the pump

msktyshha
02-26-10, 6:19 pm
is there any proper way that you can hit the chest more on dips then shoulders and tris?

MrMonday
02-26-10, 6:57 pm
Are your bodyweight and bench press weights increasing? By how much?

If both of those haven't increased in the past few months, don't expect any new chest growth. Duh.

Muscleguy93
02-26-10, 7:43 pm
Are your bodyweight and bench press weights increasing? By how much?

If both of those haven't increased in the past few months, don't expect any new chest growth. Duh.

Mr.Ms right.

msktyshha
02-26-10, 8:37 pm
both are increasing slightly, but my chest isn't, my shoulders are and so are my triceps, my chest is lagging behind. So I am kinda doubting the effectiveness of the bench press. i am following the basic rule for bench pressing. shoulder blades together dug into the bench, back arched, chest up and all those things, but just don't feel that pump or the deep muscle tissue tear. So what should I do

In Flames
02-27-10, 12:32 am
2 x 8-10 Incline BB
2 x 8-10 Flat DB/Weighted Dips
2 x 10 Incline Fly's

Muscleguy93
02-27-10, 12:42 am
I think your lacking mind to muscle connection. Flex those pecs man,pose and strech them. You need to get your mind in the muscle. Also make sure your grip isnt too narrow.

zubda345
02-27-10, 3:29 am
ok I'll tell U what can u do 2 solve ur problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxdAt_AL2_w

here is a great workout to blast ur chest

1st start with one set of butterfly and right after the set hit the pushups (do pushups just as Lee is doing in the video) while doing pushups (for chest) just keep in mind that don't stretch ur hand too much if so then the weight will be on ur shoulders, don't close them too much or the pushups done will be for triceps, just keep then 3-4 intches away from ur chest and u'll be fine, u can 1st position ur hands and check while ur weight is on ur chest or not, just dont worry... ok again to workout 1st do a set of butterfly and then do a set of pushups (if u want to rest between sets only half minute or 45secs) and then again come to butterfly. do these combined exercises 3 times ur chest will fry up!!! after doing that do flat barbell press after that do dumbbell pullovers and at the end do 2-3 sets of DECLINE BARBELL PRESS (MY FAV.). and at the end try to hit 1-2set(s) of pushups again.

and for your wrists keep them tight by wearing tight exercising wrist bands, and for them do these exercises, the exercises 4 wrists are called forearm's exercises.

Behind the back wrist curls 3sets x 10 reps each.
Reverse curls 3sets x 8-10 reps each.
DB twists 3sets x 12reps each.

and while doing forearm exercises don't wear any wrist bands or Gloves, just keep ur wrists loose, only while doing forearms exercises!

Hope u find some help in here...

NaturalTrainee
02-27-10, 5:44 am
Re-learn how to bench.

Deathride
02-27-10, 9:26 am
Either re-check your bench technique or hit db pressing both flat and incline......far more focussed on your chest as you don't have the rigid bar bringing your shoulders into play as much!

Go Away
02-27-10, 9:45 am
lean forward as far as possible on your dips to focus more on your chest.

straight up and down is mostly for triceps mass.

intoodeep25
02-27-10, 12:07 pm
you can try to put flies first, before your pressing movements, for a few weeks. this makes you press less, but can also help you focus on form. you will also already have a nice pump and you will be able to feel that contraction more. also, im a big fan of the decline bench. no, its not for your "lower pecs", whatever those are. there is a greater range of motion involved and the chest is able to stretch alot better. maybe try flies, incline, decline for a bit and see how that works for you. main thing is to just try things and find what your body responds to

MrMonday
02-27-10, 3:17 pm
Re-learn how to bench.

I would echo what NaturalTrainee is saying here.

Keep your shoulders back on the bench, don't roll them forward at the top, for one thing.

Goliathus
02-27-10, 4:58 pm
Ya gotta be able to feel your chest contraction when youre benching

msktyshha
02-27-10, 6:51 pm
well all your help has made me put out a plan for monday. I will start out with flyes so my chest muscle warm up and kick in, followed by a proper bench press, then incline press, then fry the chest out with some lee hayyyyward pushups lol, and lastly I'll throw in some concentrated flyes for the final finish.

NaturalTrainee
02-28-10, 3:30 am
Feet stample on ground, slightly wider than shoulder width grip, thumbs on the opposite side of the bar. Shoulders fixed and shoulder blades squezzed together. Try to imagine you draw the pressing movement from your chest and keep all other muscle groups relaxed. Reduce the weight if you have to. Keep all your focus on the chest and attempt to feel it strech and contract. We're bodybuilders, not powerlifters. Our concern is to make the muscle grow, not to move the maximum weight from point A to point B.