PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Help and advice needed

Captain
02-26-10, 10:12 pm
Alright guys im new to the whole bodybuilding thing, i started lifting like 2 summers ago for strength and over this winter i started bulking, i am like 170ish and about 10-12% BF and i really dont know where to start when it comes to cutting, any tips? i know i should do cardio, i never ever do it now and i have pretty decent muscle definition now, but any tips when to do cardio? How long i should do each session? How many times a week? anything and everything is appreciated

thanks,
captain

PIJW
02-26-10, 10:45 pm
Alright guys im new to the whole bodybuilding thing, i started lifting like 2 summers ago for strength and over this winter i started bulking, i am like 170ish and about 10-12% BF and i really dont know where to start when it comes to cutting, any tips? i know i should do cardio, i never ever do it now and i have pretty decent muscle definition now, but any tips when to do cardio? How long i should do each session? How many times a week? anything and everything is appreciated

thanks,
captain

Well 1st thing is 1st check the diet section and find a cutting diet that works for you. Cardio is best done 1st thing in the morning or directly after you workout, well those are what work best for me. I also do cardio around 3-4 times a week on my cut changing what i do for cardio.

Iron Getta
02-27-10, 12:12 pm
Dude, at 170lbs u shouldnt be even close to cutting. Bulk up lift heavy 6-8 reps and down anything u can eat but remember the more junk the more junk you'll have to dump so try to keep it as clean as possible. Then u start to cut. What good is cutting if all u gonna see is some ribs and bones all over the place. Go hard bro in the end you'll like the results.

Captain
02-27-10, 11:31 pm
thanks guys, i will keep at it, but im only 5'8 so im a thick 170

intoodeep25
02-28-10, 12:54 am
im 5' 9". im a thick 240. trust me bro, bein ripped aint impressive unless youve got some size to back it up

A.A.
02-28-10, 8:12 am
The height doesn't matter...
I am 5.6 and 210 and also thick
But I prefer to push bigger weights for bigger size when you are heavier and than just lose the fat, than trying to gain size when you are light and not as strong to push big weights.

HatemElAkkad
02-28-10, 8:32 am
Hey there man...

alright the way i see it, if you are satisfied with your current body fat then its ok to bulk on some more, like our friend said here, its better to have more muscle before cutting...

so what is it that u wanna do? bulk a little more? or are u fed up and wanna get shredded?

if cutting is ur answer then start off by 30 minutes in the morning or post workout, start adjusting your diet, eat clean, lower your carbs a bit and se how that treats you....then continue increasing your cardio and carbs very slowly and in very limited amounts until you keep on seeing results man.... i also recommend two sessions of HIT cardio 1-3 times a week if you're gonna cut, it brings wonders

wishing u all the best dude, hit it hard!!!

Captain
02-28-10, 1:48 pm
thanks man, and really guys good 4 you all being 240 pounds and 5.6 but im not a pro bodybuilder and i dont plan on it, i just want to have more muscle definition, vascularity, less bf ect... but i have worked hard and went from a chubby 135 to a hard 170 in less than 2 years