PDA

View Full Version : Back in action!!!

Iron Getta
02-27-10, 11:47 am
Sup fellas?, i been away from the game for a while now with some serious injuries and well personal life kind of took over time at the gym. New buisness new baby etc. Bottom line i had alot going on and the lazy in me wasnt helping at all!

I'm ready to get back in it so i was hoping my old friends here at the forum will help me take the right steps here. I'm 6' 260lbs with about 25% bf. I'm looking to be at 220lbs with 10% bf. I use to be on this forum everyday when i started taking my lifting/health seriously and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Help me out fellas i'm self modivated and willing to break that ass down at the gym 6 days a week. Splits,diet,advice anything goes. Juss looking to stay in the game. Thanks bros!!!

ironshaolin
02-28-10, 9:03 am
Well dude, if youused to be on here alot, I'm sure you know all about the search function and all the great advice that is already on here.

If your stats are where you say, and this is a return to training, you can probably do ok just to use a more basic, simple routine until you build your numbers up and get your stats down. I would say right now, at 260 with 25% bf that fat loss should be a goal.

Here's what I reccommend:
FULL BODY TRAINING-it will stimulate the most muscle, and burn tons of calories.

Lift 3 days per week. Always do an upper body push, upper body pull, and variation of squat or deadlift. Train in different plains of movement, and use different rep ranges. Finish your workouts with a "finisher", I'll explain later. 3 days per week on "off" days, do lighter cardio(30-45 min walking flat or uphill)

Here's an example of the routine:
Mon-Heavy. Choose a weight you can do 4-6 reps with, explosively. Do 25 total reps of each excersise,with that weight. Stop sets when your speed slows, rest briefly, and continue until you hit perscribed reps. This is the theme for the whole week, rep range and reps will change.
Standing miltary press
Pullup
Deadlift
finisher-3-5 rounds of following: deadlift, romanian deadlift, bent row, power clean, front squat, push press, back squat, good morning. Do 6-8 reps each, do not put the bar down at anytime. start REAL light, add weight each set.

Wed- moderate-choose weight that you can get 10-12 reps explosively. stop sets when speed slows. Do 40 total reps.
Flat DB bench press
DB row
Lunge
Finisher-plate complex-do first round with 25lb plate. Swing, bent row, Over head press, overhead squat, reverse lunge w/twist, wood chopper. 10 reps each, try it with a 35 and 45 lb plate on later sets.

Fri-light day-choose weight you will get 20-22 reps before speed slows. Do 50 total reps.
Dips(probably bodyweight)
Face pulls
Squat
finisher-kettlebell complex or sprint intervals

I love workouts like this. It will be plenty of weekly stimulation to get the muscles kicked back in. You'll end up gaining some strength, and if you use the finishers at the end, and do light cardio on your off days, keep your diet in check, you'll burn weight off.

As far as diet goes, 25% bodyfat is pretty high. At your stage, I would suggest just cleaning up the diet, you don't have to take a super meticulous approach yet. When you get down around 15-18% then you can change it to get down lower. Focus on nutrient dense, whole foods. Whole eggs, chicken, beef, tuna, fish, protein shakes, oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes, LOTS AND LOTS of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, olive oil, avocado, cottage cheese. Try to avoid sugar and refined carbs. Just by following those simple rules, you should lose alot. The only thing I would count right now is making sure you get 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. Once your fat drops off a bunch, then you can get more meticulous by trying a paleo diet, keto diet, or something like that.

As far as supplements go, keep it simple right now. A good protein powder, preferably a blend of casein and isolate, along with a solid multi like animal pak, and some omega 3's from fish oil or animal omega and you'll be good to go for now.

C.Coronato
03-01-10, 3:28 pm
Welcome my brother. What part of NJ are you?

Iron Getta
03-01-10, 8:22 pm
fairview nj u?...