PDA

View Full Version : Question about smaller fish

Girevik 69
02-27-10, 12:07 pm
I take a good fish oil/omega-3 supplement, but I'd like to include more actual fish in my diet. I won't eat tuna, mainly because it's a big fish & higher on the food chain, and thus more toxic. I want to stick with smaller fish.

I dig salmon, but I have no idea how to cook it. I've never been good with preparing fish dishes. Also, how's canned salmon? I like salmon sushi, but it's not something I have all too often--only when I go to a decent Japanese place.

And what about even smaller fish, like herring or sardines? Does anybody here eat those? I see all the canned herrings and sardines at the supermarket, but I have no idea what to start with... any advice would be greatly appreciated.

C.Coronato
03-01-10, 3:17 pm
Basically it would come down to your taste pref. Im not a fan of canned sardines or salmon, but i know a few guys who do like it. I like salmon on the grille, with a little pineapple chutney .. nice contrast of flavors.

Girevik 69
03-03-10, 10:59 am
Basically it would come down to your taste pref. Im not a fan of canned sardines or salmon, but i know a few guys who do like it. I like salmon on the grille, with a little pineapple chutney .. nice contrast of flavors.

Damn, that sounds good...

fenix237
03-03-10, 12:24 pm
speaking of good salmon dishes, my sister baked a large salmon filet that had a crust consisting of crushed pistachios and some other shit- i'm telling you, it was freakin' tasty! i'm not the biggest fan of salmon, but this was a game changer... i'll get the recipe and post it up- it's a bit time consuming, but healthy and delicious

Girevik 69
03-03-10, 12:35 pm
speaking of good salmon dishes, my sister baked a large salmon filet that had a crust consisting of crushed pistachios and some other shit- i'm telling you, it was freakin' tasty! i'm not the biggest fan of salmon, but this was a game changer... i'll get the recipe and post it up- it's a bit time consuming, but healthy and delicious

By all means, please post that recipe.