PDA

View Full Version : We are Grounded in the Silence....

TheGreatWhite
03-02-10, 1:52 am
Brothers, ever wonder what your day may bring? No matter what my days are like, I always find myself around this time in the evening by myself, sitting on my livng room, trying to unwind from earlier. It's always quiet, no noises or anything to bother me. Usually, instead of unwinding though, my mind races wild with all kinds of thoughts and questions. A lot of times, I ask myself what sets me apart from a lot of other people who are my age.....

Here's what I think. Although I'm only 20, I work as a certified personal trainer at the Fitness 19 here in Evansville and take 16 credit hours at USI, I'm still grounded. A lot of people around my age that I know or have known that have had a little bit of success flip their shit. They think they're God's greatest gift and run everything. These are also the same people who have ran that success ragged and find themselves yet again at the bottom of the barrell. Now, I'm not picking on the people who are young and ambitious, no way. I'm full of it myself, but you won't hear me say it. I'm a firm believer in that actions speak volumes over words. Actions do not require sounds. Words do, but most of the time, those words fall upon deaf ears.

The weight room is a perfect example of what I'm writing about. No distractions, no bullshit, and no voices but the one inside my head taking a blowtorch to a gallon of gasoline, ignghting the fire that is my drive, along with everyone elses who has heard the call of the iron. That voice inside your head, that maddening, stubborn voice that's rockin' your shit loose so you can wage warfare on the weights, is something only you can hear. Not a soul can hear it, but you. On the outside, there's silence, but on the inside, oh boy....it's so damn loud, you may as well be front row at a Slipknot concert (trust me, it's insane).

What I'm trying to get across here is that no one gives a fuck about what you say, but rather what you do. Let your actions speak, not your mouth. We all seek answers to life's myseteries, but sometimes the answers to your questions can be heard in the silence. Let that one run wild in your mind....

zbrewha863
04-22-10, 3:03 pm
Haha yeah, I know what you're talking about. I'm a pretty grounded guy for my success, but I have friends -- people I would consider good friends -- who just can't handle success. You put it perfectly, they flip their shit. On the one hand, I think you have to believe you are the best to be the best. On the other hand, thinking you have achieved everything, at any age, is setting yourself up for failure.