PDA

View Full Version : Power

zubda345
03-02-10, 10:28 am
OK, from a couple a months I've been wanting to increase my punching and kicking power to the limits like JAW Breaking limits but, I cannot find any solution any where + I also bought a sand bag but dunno what is to be filled in it it's just still warped inside my store room. I've always wanted to posses that type of power in my body. If any one can help so PLZ. and before posting the message keep in view that I am a bit chubby BMI is 28 so plz help needed!!

zubda345
03-02-10, 10:35 am
and another thing. I cannot pull my self up on chin ups or pull ups, my arms when come to the angle of 90 with my shoulder, I cannot go any further!

desolation
03-02-10, 5:15 pm
firstly BMI dont mean jack!
- you should see a physio about your shoulder coz that just aint right
- why would you buy a sand bag if you dont know what to do with it???
- do you do any weights or boxing/kickboxing etc???

punching power comes from strength/power/technique and in some cases natural ability so you should elaborate on what your currently doing so ppl might be able to guide you in the right direction

peace

Mindaugas
03-02-10, 8:42 pm
I think he means he pulls him self up to that position and can't go up anymore.

What you need to do is build up your core strength and explosive power, so you should be doing plyometrics for upper and lower body. And also doing exercises like power cleans, snatches, push press, and ofcourse bench deadlifts and squats.

But all that is secondary, first you should perfect your form as that's where most of your improvements will come.

Legacy
03-02-10, 9:58 pm
OK, from a couple a months I've been wanting to increase my punching and kicking power to the limits like JAW Breaking limits but, I cannot find any solution any where + I also bought a sand bag but dunno what is to be filled in it it's just still warped inside my store room. I've always wanted to posses that type of power in my body. If any one can help so PLZ. and before posting the message keep in view that I am a bit chubby BMI is 28 so plz help needed!!

I've been training in karate for a while bro, and one thing that will give you power above anything else is SPEED. Speed = power when it comes to fighting. I don't know how long you have been training, but the first thing you want to do is learn technique. Once you have the technique down, and you begin to practice a lot, the speed will come which will bring the power. If fighting is your main concern, do a lot of core work and flexibility training along with bodyweight work. No reason to be huge, just cause your big doesn't mean you can fight.

The other information I can give you is to find a Master that understands the art and has been taught by generations of Masters. Don't take some class down the street that will promise you a black belt in a year, just because you have a black belt, doesn't mean you can fight. I have seen many guys who possess black belts, but when shit hits the fan, they don't know what to do. The best Master I have ever had was one who taught me functional fighting. In functional training, we train to protect ourselves on the street and be able to end a threat quickly once it begins. We do not do "show" karate to make moves look good or win in tournaments.

So the best advice I can give you is to find a Master that trains old school and does what your goals are. Don't fall into a sales pitch at some school that says they will turn you into a black belt in a year. Remember once you get your technique down, bring the speed up and the power will be right behind it.

zubda345
03-03-10, 2:43 am
I do body building, and Mindaugas U r right about my chinups. and another thing I do all squats, deadlifts, pushups, benches, dumbells all of them. and If any of U ask about any pain doing any exercise so U r wrong I dont have not while exercising nor while doing nothing or other stuff.

I bought a sand bag so that I could practice punching....

I have also done "tae kwon do" it's almost been 4 years I had mastered white belt but because of some family reasons I had to leave them, I knew fling kicks proper way of punching, kicking. and I know them all still. I am chubby but I can still do flying kicks (and I do it perfectly)

I can punch or kick but, I m asking so that my fists could become Iron fists.

Now I think you can explain better.

zubda345
03-03-10, 2:51 am
I have always wanted to hunt a real and true master but in this Country I cant find anyone. If there are some, they dont have time 4 themselves how will they give you! and there is no opportunity of any kind even if U r really good educated or posses a real talent U just cant get any earnings. There is no great master left no one is loyal to his work every one is so busy 2 live their life they forget every thing. And I am not rich I cant go to anyother country to learn some sports.

I ve always wanted to be in Gridiron team, but there is no coach or training institute 4 it in this country..

No boxing clubs that can train U, nor any wrestling skools.

zubda345
03-04-10, 6:51 am
HELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! still need help!

Mindaugas
03-04-10, 10:04 am
i think you're questions have been answered buddy

Legacy
03-04-10, 11:15 am
i think you're questions have been answered buddy

Mindaugas hit it on the spot man. Your questions been answered already. And to be honest with you, I don't know what else your asking. First you talk about kicking and punching power, now you go into deadlifts squats and pullups and shit and talk about pain during the workout. If you have a question, make it short and simple, easier to understand and easier to answer for ya.

zubda345
03-04-10, 11:17 am
ok the simplest as i can get. WHAT SHOULD I FILL MY SAND BAG WITH????

ironshaolin
03-04-10, 2:40 pm
Sand?

zubda345
03-04-10, 2:42 pm
Which sand?? there are many types
of sands!!!

Legacy
03-04-10, 3:01 pm
Which sand?? there are many types
of sands!!!

Bro, go outside, if there is sand, fill it in your sand bag. Doesn't matter what kind, 100 lbs of sand of any kind still weighs 100 lbs. Dig it, put it compact in your bag, and punch it. Your making it much more complex than it needs to be, it says your location is pakistan, I've never been there, but I am sure there is plenty of sand.

prowrestler
03-04-10, 6:44 pm
this is a bodybuilding / powerlifting website..

you are better off useing an MMA site/forum for these kinda questions.

to answere your pullup problem, your lats are to weak and your bodyfat is making it even harder to do. get in better shape and the pullups will become easy to do

msktyshha
03-04-10, 9:18 pm
so u want some jaw breaking fists?? iron fists? well you need to get some rock hard bones( knuckles) just like the muscle tissue, the bone also once damaged repairs itself and becomes stronger, so you have to damage it just right so it doesn't totally fracture and enough so it feels a need to repair itself. Punch your dirt bag for now, then give it time to heal, then punch a rock bag, time to heal then punch a wall and time to heal, hope you got the point