PDA

View Full Version : SEMINAR: Skiba's "Powerlifting/Strongman Exhibition"

G Diesel
03-02-10, 10:54 am
Sunday, 3/7/10, 11am

New Jersey powerlifting guru Henri Skiba and his crew will discuss and demonstrate advanced training techniques and methods employed at his East Coast dungeon gym that can help improve strength, athletic performance and mass gains.

I've trained at their gym and seen them do their thing. These dudes are the real deal.

Peace, G

ghost
03-02-10, 10:58 am
definitely looking forward to this weekend.

T. Kemble
03-02-10, 1:17 pm
Thanks for the intro G,

We are going to be talking about deadlift and squat training. Im going to go for a high rep deadlift and the rest of the guys are going to be pulling some big numbers. Skibas got planned talking about westside, russian programs, methods of warming up, assistance work, setting up for the deadlift, periodization of training and what you need to do to get the results you want.

Looking forward to representing JERSEY in the CAGE!

naturalguy
03-02-10, 4:44 pm
There is so much you can learn from these guys, I am looking forward to this one.

Firefist
03-02-10, 8:26 pm
hell yeah, this is something im gonna take notes on.

Little Z
03-02-10, 8:59 pm
Thanks for the intro G,

We are going to be talking about deadlift and squat training. Im going to go for a high rep deadlift and the rest of the guys are going to be pulling some big numbers. Skibas got planned talking about westside, russian programs, methods of warming up, assistance work, setting up for the deadlift, periodization of training and what you need to do to get the results you want.

Looking forward to representing JERSEY in the CAGE!

definitely one of the seminars im either recording or taking notes on, going to be a great weekend..

mritter3
03-02-10, 9:58 pm
should be a great seminar...looking forward to this one.

skibasgym
03-03-10, 8:26 pm
The lifters that are representing and lifting are quite formidable. Tom Kemble is simply crazy strong and knowledgeable. He lives the dream. He trains like an "Animal"everytime.How apra po. Eric Halvorsen is strong all around and doing the powerlifting less than a year. Hoping for a 700 deadlift in the cage. Chris Delafavre simply a freak. Has done 960 squat in training at 242 and now down to 220. 600 bench. and going after a 725 dead on sunday. And myself if time permits will bench and go after 540-550 1 bd as I'm looking to bench in a contest possibly soon. I plan to talk about form I believe various training variables that should be built into training considerations. And some pre-hab rehab considerations.

Thanks again I hope to do you proud
your friend
Skibs

PureRawPower
03-07-10, 9:17 pm
I wanted to take the opportunity to thank the folks at Animal for having us this weekend. We had a great time lifting in the cage, and hope to do it big for 2011.

ghost
03-07-10, 9:30 pm
I wanted to take the opportunity to thank the folks at Animal for having us this weekend. We had a great time lifting in the cage, and hope to do it big for 2011.

E. was so much fun in the cage with you guys today. You guys are truly awesome lifters, and great guys! Let Skibs know I emailed him

skibasgym
03-07-10, 10:56 pm
Dear Ghost,
I'm the one who is thankful for all the great people I met at the Cage. I promised all my guys that were going to become more active in the forum.I'm a rookie at forums but as everything else I've done just jump in and try.

thank you again
as I'm exhausted from the trip
Henri

Survivor831
03-07-10, 11:00 pm
Definately one of the highlights for me this weekend. You guys rocked that cage hard. Thanks for the Awesome display of power and heart.

NickW
03-07-10, 11:30 pm
I wish I could have been there to see the seminar! These guys definitely know what they are talking about, they prove it every time they lift. They are all great guys also, I had the pleasure of meeting Henri and Tek52086 this weekend, both awesome people.

belladiabla13
03-08-10, 12:18 am
You know you are kicking ass when the MC's from other booths shut the hell up to watch whats going on in yours!!! This was an amazing exhibition!!!

deanna7272
03-08-10, 8:34 am
VERY IMPRESSIVE to say the least... I am so glad to have had the opportunity to see this exhibition and to meet everyone involved. I can't say enough... It was truly an honor to meet Mr. Skiba and his crew and to be able to immediately recognize their passion for what they do.

INTENSITY!!!!

G Diesel
03-08-10, 9:30 am
Inspiring, impressive and informative... Awesome to see good people do great things.

So glad I was there to witness and be a part of that atmosphere.

Skiba, Tek, Chris and Eric did Jersey proud.

Peace, G

scals
03-08-10, 12:43 pm
Inspiring, impressive and informative... Awesome to see good people do great things.

So glad I was there to witness and be a part of that atmosphere.

Skiba, Tek, Chris and Eric did Jersey proud.

Peace, G

Those first 3 words said it all. Guys were awesome! Learned some great things and will try to improve my lifts by incorporating what everyone was talking about.

Definitely wanted to give it up to tek too. 225 for 28 reps Saturday. I missed your 405 deads in the Cage Sunday as I was getting ready for my deads. Heard you did an awesome job there too bro.

G Diesel
03-08-10, 12:47 pm
Those first 3 words said it all. Guys were awesome! Learned some great things and will try to improve my lifts by incorporating what everyone was talking about.

Definitely wanted to give it up to tek too. 225 for 28 reps Saturday. I missed your 405 deads in the Cage Sunday as I was getting ready for my deads. Heard you did an awesome job there too bro.

Yup Tek benched 225 x 28 on Saturday vs Big Nick at Pros V Bros and then deadlifted 405 for 15 til he collapsed during Skiba's seminar on Sunday. He's a freak. So glad and proud that a great dude like Tek was able to display his formidable wares on a stage like The Cage.

Peace, G

J-Dawg
03-08-10, 4:50 pm
I was able to take some time to sit in and listen at this event. I really enjoyed listening to Tom, Henri and Eric explaining proper technique and why they train the way they do. I train more like a bodybuilder but want to incorporate more powerlifting techniques into my training and this seminar was as informative as you could get. After watching them perform, I have a new found respect for powerlifting. Thanks for holding such a great seminar/exhibition guys.

T. Kemble
03-08-10, 8:57 pm
G and everyone else, thank you so much for the kind words. I'm sorry i couldnt pull through with those 20 reps like i wanted. I knocked the wind out of myself somewere in between!

We couldnt have done any of it without the support of our extended family over at Animal. Thank you for the opportunity to show what we bring to the table from our little storefront club. Henri, myself and the rest of the crew built some great memories this weekend, reunited with old friends and made new ones all while forging closer together the iron brotherhood.

Everyone stay strong, lift smart, stay healthy and thank you Animal for the opportunity of a lifetime.

skibasgym
03-10-10, 8:55 pm
First of all, thanks for everyone for the kind words -- especially to G and Eric for inviting us and their constant support. Special thanks to Tommy, Erik, Chris, and Andy for making the trip to represent Skiba's Gym so proudly!

I enjoyed meeting so many people and meant it when I said I'll help in any way I can. Feel free to contact me via the Animal Forum or at skiba1@me.com.

Skibs

Phil800101
03-10-10, 9:07 pm
You guys were awesome! Impressive display of lifting, and you really got the crowd involved as well, which was really cool. It was a pleasure to meet all of you!