PDA

View Full Version : Not Sore = Ready to Train ?

D-Kev
03-05-10, 6:12 pm
My question is, if you hit a bodypart on Monday and by Friday it feels good to go again,
do you train it Friday, or wait til monday?

If a bodypart isn't sore, could it still be recouping...?

Thanks!

Muscleguy93
03-05-10, 6:59 pm
just becuz your not sore dosent mean your body isnt still recouping. As for the whole monday friday question...just follow your routine, if the routine calls for the bodypart(which you hit on monday) to be hit again on friday then do it, if not wait till monday.

MELTDOWN
03-06-10, 12:08 am
I've alway been a fan of once per week and when hit hard enuff, you ain't wanting to train a specific bodypart again that week. Plus, most movements directly or indirectly involve multiple muscle groups too, which actually hits them all week during other movements.
Either way, try what ya want for a while and see what happens.

IronWilson
03-06-10, 12:16 am
You are looking to muscle soreness as a sole sign of overtraining. This is a very small portion of overtraining symptoms. Overtraining mostly has to do with the CNS, not how sore muscles are.

So muscles technically CAN be trained despite your soreness, but if you have already trained them directly once in a week, it is not necessary to do it again.

theharjmann
03-06-10, 6:47 am
I think the "once a week" thing has been invented just so it fits into sync with a working week.

What if weeks were 10 days long...does that mean that most people would train a bodypart once every 10 days?

What if weeks were 5 days long...does that mean that most people would train each bodypart once every 5 days?

Just do what works for you man. Trial and error.

Peace

Alk
03-06-10, 2:05 pm
I think the "once a week" thing has been invented just so it fits into sync with a working week.

What if weeks were 10 days long...does that mean that most people would train a bodypart once every 10 days?

What if weeks were 5 days long...does that mean that most people would train each bodypart once every 5 days?

Just do what works for you man. Trial and error.

Peace

Truth.

Especially with parts like abs, forearms, and calves, once a week isn't enough for some people.