PDA

View Full Version : Law Enforcement Animals?

neosamurai
03-06-10, 10:58 pm
Any Animals on the Forvm active law enforcement officers? I am a proud state correctional officer and reserve sheriff's deputy. Anyone here wear a badge?

Legacy
03-07-10, 6:35 pm
I am almost there man. Just gotta start the academy and make it through the nine weeks and ill be on that level. Its for police, not corrections or deputy.

808Ronin
03-08-10, 11:54 am
I work LE for The Department of Defense (DoD).

C.Coronato
03-08-10, 1:52 pm
Big man Enforcer is a New Jersey State Trooper.

PIJW
03-08-10, 2:16 pm
I would love too use my military experiance for that but my pay would not even be close to what they pay be for my system engineer.

TenYardFight HxC
03-10-10, 5:38 pm
Im on the job in NJ

LOCALFUZZ
03-10-10, 8:12 pm
Proudly serving here in Georgia, Forest Park P.D., Special Ops unit.

LOCALFUZZ
03-10-10, 8:15 pm
I am almost there man. Just gotta start the academy and make it through the nine weeks and ill be on that level. Its for police, not corrections or deputy.

Good Luck to you. Hopefully your will get a para-military style academy, great cardio and endurance training. Keep us posted on your progress.

Legacy
03-10-10, 10:38 pm
Good Luck to you. Hopefully your will get a para-military style academy, great cardio and endurance training. Keep us posted on your progress.

From what I've heard the academy up here is not as intense as military style (from what I've heard from officers who have gone through). Pretty short academy too, only 9 weeks - SC. I am just waiting for the final word from the department for the hire, I've passed all the tests thus far, so hopefully I'll know soon.

How is it down in Forrest Park? Thats right near atlanta so I know your probably working a busy shift dealing with a lot of shit.

Razor
03-11-10, 8:59 am

Was about to post the same thing.

LOCALFUZZ
03-20-10, 10:24 pm
From what I've heard the academy up here is not as intense as military style (from what I've heard from officers who have gone through). Pretty short academy too, only 9 weeks - SC. I am just waiting for the final word from the department for the hire, I've passed all the tests thus far, so hopefully I'll know soon.

How is it down in Forrest Park? Thats right near atlanta so I know your probably working a busy shift dealing with a lot of shit.

I went to a para military academy for 12 weeks of pure hell! It was well worth every ounce of pain. Its all mind over matter, you just have to push through the pain. Take in every second of tactical training you get, and dont get lazy when you finally get out on the streets. Remember... complacency kills.

Forest Park is rough, I have been in 4 shootings, walked up on so many armed robberies I can't count, and had all the murders, rapes, and burglaries you can shake a stick at. Its always busy but I couldn't imagine working out in the booneys with nothing to do, after working in this shit hole city! Since we butt up to Atlanta on 3 sides of the city we get alot of their trash.

Oh well, another day in paradise! keep us posted on how your hiring/ academy goes. Im here if you need any help.

naturalguy
03-20-10, 10:29 pm

I wouldn't want that dude chasin' after me

BamBam
03-20-10, 10:36 pm
Hell Derek Poundstone is a cop in CT.... screw that guy pulling me over...

BigAnt
03-20-10, 10:37 pm
Just started early in 2009 with the Common Wealth of PA Correctional Officer...

BamBam
03-20-10, 10:40 pm
Just started early in 2009 with the Common Wealth of PA Correctional Officer...

Thats awesome Ant... my stepdad is works as a correctional officer here in KY... works the rec. yard.

Brick By Brick
03-21-10, 1:40 am
Ada County Deputy Sheriff, served 6 yrs so far.

mark!
03-21-10, 4:30 am
I'll rep it here in TX, DFW area, not liking this snow we're having, it's been crazy busy all night long. I'm cold, and wanna go home.

Jay
03-21-10, 5:29 am
Police Officer in Massachusetts here, checkin the forum quick- while at work.

Hercules
03-21-10, 9:23 am
I'm a high school teacher. That's kind of like law enforcement, right? ;)

Really, though, I have nothing but respect for each and every one of you. Keep up the good fight!

mcbeast
03-21-10, 9:33 pm
Military Police, Corrections Side. Does that count? Dont have a badge tho, haha! Plan on goin Nj Dept Of Corrections when I get out.

mark!
03-22-10, 3:40 am
Yeah it counts, in my book at least.

smith06
03-22-10, 4:53 pm
I did Ohio's police academy but couldn't meet the run requirements. Would love to pursue a job elsewhere. Buy the college I took my academy at won't let me use any of the credits towards my degree. So all in all I did 9 month's of schooling to be certified in CPR..lol.

mark!
03-22-10, 10:23 pm
I did Ohio's police academy but couldn't meet the run requirements. Would love to pursue a job elsewhere. Buy the college I took my academy at won't let me use any of the credits towards my degree. So all in all I did 9 month's of schooling to be certified in CPR..lol.

Man I hate how certain credits don't transfer, etc. Why can't a college credit be a college credit, plain and simple. Oh well. Sorry to hear about that. Here you just have to show progress during the academy, you can run a 20 minute mile, but so long as your make progress during the 4 PT tests, they won't fail you.

smith06
03-23-10, 12:51 am
Man I hate how certain credits don't transfer, etc. Why can't a college credit be a college credit, plain and simple. Oh well. Sorry to hear about that. Here you just have to show progress during the academy, you can run a 20 minute mile, but so long as your make progress during the 4 PT tests, they won't fail you.

Dammit.. Wish thats how it was here.. I cut 4 minutes on my 1.5 mile time and still wasn't good enough to qualify.

Jay
03-30-10, 4:22 am
You guys hear about that cult in michigan that was going to ambush a police officer and then open fire at the funeral????? can you believe that shit?? what is this world coming too.

mark!
03-30-10, 4:31 am
Yeah I've been reading up about it. I don't know what the hell it's coming to. We're going to have to go full body armor, hell we'll look like the damn army going out to Iraq, just hope we can do as good a job as they've done here. Pisses me off all the crap around here. Heads up eyes wide boys, don't fall prey to "routine" stops, not one damn thing is routine anymore.

DaButchster
03-30-10, 3:46 pm
I just put my name in for the process to become a PA State Trooper. The damn budget just needs to work out..

eric downey
03-30-10, 4:59 pm
yep im currently

Phil800101
03-30-10, 6:20 pm
I just put my name in for the process to become a PA State Trooper. The damn budget just needs to work out..

Been sitting on a hiring list for Will County (Illinois) Sheriff's Deputy since Decomber of 2008 for essentially the same reason. Passed all the tests and interviews, just sitting and waiting. Keeping my eyes open for whatever pops up, but with the budget problems at all levels in Illinois not much has come along...

weasel
03-30-10, 9:30 pm
On the job in the Philly Burbs

rugger21
03-31-10, 3:52 am
Correctional officer here 10 years and counting

DaButchster
03-31-10, 4:34 pm
Been sitting on a hiring list for Will County (Illinois) Sheriff's Deputy since Decomber of 2008 for essentially the same reason. Passed all the tests and interviews, just sitting and waiting. Keeping my eyes open for whatever pops up, but with the budget problems at all levels in Illinois not much has come along...

Fucking hate the waiting game....

Legacy
03-31-10, 5:42 pm

I feel ya bro, I have passed all my tests and interviews and now I am waiting for the next available position. I can't believe you've been waiting since December of 2008 though, thats a while. I've only been on the wait list for 6 weeks, still sucks hahah. Try looking at police departments too man instead of Sheriff's Office, they usually get better funding cause the money comes from the city.

Phil800101
03-31-10, 6:20 pm
I feel ya bro, I have passed all my tests and interviews and now I am waiting for the next available position. I can't believe you've been waiting since December of 2008 though, thats a while. I've only been on the wait list for 6 weeks, still sucks hahah. Try looking at police departments too man instead of Sheriff's Office, they usually get better funding cause the money comes from the city.

I've been looking at any and all Law Enforcement positions in Northern Illinois...county, city, township, schools, veteran's administration, railroad you name it. Have been since I graduated school back in May 2007. Everyone's budget is complete shit around here, and hiring is all but nonexistent.

Phil800101
03-31-10, 6:20 pm
Fucking hate the waiting game....

Yup.

Phil800101
03-31-10, 6:21 pm

Good luck bro!

Legacy
04-01-10, 1:26 am
I've been looking at any and all Law Enforcement positions in Northern Illinois...county, city, township, schools, veteran's administration, railroad you name it. Have been since I graduated school back in May 2007. Everyone's budget is complete shit around here, and hiring is all but nonexistent.

You should look at relocation to another town or even another state. Could be worth a shot

Phil800101
04-01-10, 3:32 am
You should look at relocation to another town or even another state. Could be worth a shot

True, and I have. For now, I'm trying to stay within a few hours of home, even if it means moving to another town and/or county.

I live in the Chicago area, where departments at all levels are generally shorthanded, while the population continues to grow. Prior to the economic collapse, this population growth fostered an ideal climate for job opportunities in law enforcement.

More people meant a need for more cops, which was supported by an increased (and ever-increasing) tax base. When things went to complete shit in the fall of 2008 (especially with real estate), budgets dried up and hiring came to all but a standstill. Regardless, the need is still there.

Therefore, assuming that the economy continues to turn around, within a year or two (hopefully less) budgets should recover and hiring will likely resume. There are alot of vacancies that need to be filled, and it shoud only be a matter of time before that starts to happen.

As it stands, I have a job right now with a decent salary and good benefits. So, for now the plan is to wait and see what happens. I am a realist though, and if things aren't improving in a year or two I am going to seriously look into relocating to another state.

xMATT182x
04-01-10, 3:48 am
Glad to see so many law enforcement animals in here. I myself am I detention officer for polk county. Great job I think.

mark!
04-01-10, 9:28 am
It's crazy waiting over a year? Man, that's crazy. It must be completely different here in TX. Most departments don't even test unless they have a position open, and just about every department is hiring. Our neighboring department, Dallas PD, is hiring like 450+ officers. Good job opening up a brand spanking new subdivision and not having anyone to fill it. It's a rough city in most parts but it gets your foot in the door. 2 years there, you can transfer just about anywhere you want after that. The department I work for is great about the hiring process. They do everything they can to keep it down to a 6 month period from test date to hire date, and they test when positions open up. Good luck to all in waiting, keep your head up.

Phil800101
04-01-10, 12:06 pm
It's crazy waiting over a year? Man, that's crazy. It must be completely different here in TX. Most departments don't even test unless they have a position open, and just about every department is hiring. Our neighboring department, Dallas PD, is hiring like 450+ officers. Good job opening up a brand spanking new subdivision and not having anyone to fill it. It's a rough city in most parts but it gets your foot in the door. 2 years there, you can transfer just about anywhere you want after that. The department I work for is great about the hiring process. They do everything they can to keep it down to a 6 month period from test date to hire date, and they test when positions open up. Good luck to all in waiting, keep your head up.

Yeah, when I tested they were projecting hiring 75+ within 5 years, and 20 initially when the list went active. I know different departments do things differently...around here, they put you through a testing/application process (which varies department to department) and then you're placed on a merit list. For hiring, they go down the list as positions open up, and the list generally stays active for two years. But yeah, they generally only test and make a list when they're going to be hiring.

I took the first step (written test) on May 31 2008, and I had my oral interview (last part) in early October 2008. In that time I took and passed a physical agility test, psych evaluation, polygraph, and background check. The merit list went active in December 2008, and will expire in December 2010.

Getting everything done in around four-five months was quick for them, especially considering how many steps are involved in their process (I learned this from talking to current deputies). Like I said, some departments just have you take a written test and oral board and then put you on the list...if they call to hire you they then run you through the battery of other tests. Anyway, the fact that they were getting everything done quickly was inidicative that they were eager to hire. But, by the time the merit list went active the economy had gone to complete shit and hiring froze.

Like I said, before the meltdown departments would test, make the two-year list, and then hire. Hiring was good and steady, and one could reasonably expect (if qualified) to get hired somewhere within a few years. Lately though, most departments have been on a hiring freeze.

Thanks bro! I appreciate it.

Texas is one of the places I'm looking at...if things don't turn around here in a year or two, I'm probably going to relocate elsewhere in order to get a job. I mean, I want to try and work around here, but I'm not going to sit and wait and piss too many years away...

Ronnie JR
04-01-10, 1:12 pm
I am a C/O in Camden County, NJ

sly06
04-01-10, 3:33 pm
PHIL COME TO TEXAS!! SF Officer in the military here. Once I finish my term I am going to homeland security.

mcbeast
04-01-10, 3:45 pm

Haha! That must be fun..

Ronnie JR
04-02-10, 10:59 pm
O yeah, never a dull moment

mcbeast
04-02-10, 11:27 pm
O yeah, never a dull moment

Haha, worst of the worst in that place.

Naturally Huge
04-03-10, 7:36 pm
Have 10.5 years in as a deputy sheriff.

calcaneous
04-03-10, 7:45 pm
I have my physical test at the end of this month for NJ state trooper.

BigAnt
04-04-10, 7:33 am
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a C/O in PA...

Phil800101
04-05-10, 1:04 am

Good luck bro!

smith06
04-05-10, 11:11 am
What are the standards??

D-Bone
04-06-10, 1:28 am
I work for the Logan County Sheriff's Office in Bellefontaine Ohio. I work on the corrections side. Been here for 9 years.

Legacy
04-06-10, 9:07 am

Nice bro, I got my testing for Sheriffs Office in less than 2 weeks

smith06
04-06-10, 9:22 am
I work for the Logan County Sheriff's Office in Bellefontaine Ohio. I work on the corrections side. Been here for 9 years.

I spent a night there once...lol.

Legacy
09-25-10, 2:26 pm
Finally got my job bros. Officially a Deputy Sheriff. I got training for 6 weeks at the department then another 8 at the academy and then I'm on the streets. Fuck yeah

Brick By Brick
09-25-10, 2:41 pm
Finally got my job bros. Officially a Deputy Sheriff. I got training for 6 weeks at the department then another 8 at the academy and then I'm on the streets. Fuck yeah

Congrats, Legacy. Welcome to the brotherhood. Stay safe, my friend.

Legacy
09-25-10, 2:49 pm
Congrats, Legacy. Welcome to the brotherhood. Stay safe, my friend.

Thanks bro, I'll stay safe, yet still be effective. The drive and passion I have for this career is unbelievable, going to make a huge difference.

Brick By Brick
09-25-10, 4:41 pm
Thanks bro, I'll stay safe, yet still be effective. The drive and passion I have for this career is unbelievable, going to make a huge difference.

Right on - don't ever lose sight of why you wanted to be in LE in the first place. It'll help get you through some rough days and nights. I wish you luck, wear your vest, and watch your six. Give em hell, buddy!

T. Kemble
09-25-10, 5:13 pm
Welcome to the family. Stay safe.

Legacy
09-25-10, 11:36 pm
Right on - don't ever lose sight of why you wanted to be in LE in the first place. It'll help get you through some rough days and nights. I wish you luck, wear your vest, and watch your six. Give em hell, buddy!

Exactly man, thanks

Welcome to the family. Stay safe.

Thanks man.

Thanks for all the support guys, truly awesome to know there is a band of brothers behind me that not only support my dreams in weightlifting but also in my career. Much appreciated fellas

Shark52
09-26-10, 2:39 am
Hopefully a future NJ state trooper

Jay
02-09-11, 5:08 pm
Any more L.E on here?

Loomis
02-09-11, 7:15 pm
Im a C/O in upstate NY, county level. Going on five years now, best job I've ever had!

Jay
02-09-11, 9:38 pm
Im a C/O in upstate NY, county level. Going on five years now, best job I've ever had!

Awesome.. I gotta say there are a few C/O's on here, and I know of a few locally and they love it! I give you guys lots of credit.

Loomis
02-10-11, 8:05 pm
Awesome.. I gotta say there are a few C/O's on here, and I know of a few locally and they love it! I give you guys lots of credit.

Thanks brother! Most people im my community dont realize that everyone that goes to prison has got to start somewhere. They think that its all drunks and people with child support issues.

then when i tell describe to them what direct supervision is.... forget about it. they look at me like im a nut. but you know what i would rather be in jail then out patrolling the streets. in house we know the inmates, build a relationship and come to certain understanding. screw the unknown.

bottom line we all face our own dangers and challenges... lets all stay safe.

Supreme
02-11-11, 3:02 pm
Thank you all for your service.

Enforcer
02-12-11, 3:36 pm
Hopefully a future NJ state trooper

Nice bro, like your style

Machine
02-12-11, 8:53 pm
Stay focused out there...and in the penitentary as well...I want all of you alive to rep Animal for life!

Thank you for playing offensive line...and thank you for standing tall and holding the line everyday.

MACHINE

bye-byetubby
02-14-11, 12:37 pm
I start the Florida Police Academy in May....it takes a year going to night classes. It's run through the college in town, so I can use my GI Bill to pay for it. Become a certified officer and get an AS in Criminal Justice after it's complete.

blaine
02-14-11, 11:11 pm
boarding officer uscg

CallOfTheWintermoon
02-21-11, 7:22 pm
Hopefully MPDC, if the damn hiring freeze ends! (MPDC= DC metropoliatn police)