PDA

View Full Version : Starting all over after a few years of training and MONTHS of off time...

Pig Benis
03-07-10, 6:06 pm
Hello all, new here and referred by a friend. Now I'm no tall man, a good 5'8", and always had a good mentality for working out from my father, a former power lifter. I have always been concerned about the state of working out and the social aspect of it, at times getting in trainings way. However at this stage I want to dedicate and practice harder than ever, no bullshit. In the past I have always been rigid in my training, with the discipline to focus and give the sport the attention it deserves; not only for integrity but for health and happiness.

Diet: Mornings can range from fruit and cereal, to eggs and bacon with the occasional pancake waffle day.

Snacks range from nuts (try to stay away from peanuts) to more fruit during the daytime.

Lunch seems to lack as of late, settling for a veggie spring roll from a chinese joint to a quick sandwich (I do enjoy light condiments)

Now the hard part, dinner is off too a good start, fish, chicken, steak, salad, startch... almost anything. Eating in portion of things like say, steak and potatoes in a sitting, along with a veggie; some of these things can maybe have breading or some 'fried' aspect too it.

Then the late night dessert... im bad... were talking, candy, cakes... you name it. Btw im at around 185lbs.

I'm willing to be strict but I need to know what I can be flexible on and what are DEFINITE NO's including times to eat.

Training: I have pulled the Animal Pak training routine # 3. Now my real question is I need to know the best form FOR these exercises, if any. My question really is, if I just take my time and follow it, is there any thing I should add, or be aware of considering the above said? And where can I find specifics to the form required to stay intense and progressive?

Best,

Benis

prowrestler
03-07-10, 9:54 pm
your diet sucks.

you need to start reading the diet section of the forum bud. its more important then the weights are

shizz702
03-07-10, 9:56 pm
your diet sucks.

you need to start reading the diet section of the forum bud. its more important then the weights are

Agreed.

You'll never gain on that.

Spend some time in the diet section, put something together, and go from there.

J Wong
03-07-10, 10:06 pm
What they said, Pig Benis.

Alk
03-08-10, 1:54 am
What they said, Pig Benis.

I'll never fail to chuckle whenever I read that name haha

RENFRO
03-08-10, 2:13 am
H
I'm willing to be strict but I need to know what I can be flexible on and what are DEFINITE NO's including times to eat.

Listen, "willing to be strict" and "flexible" shouldn't be in the same sentence. Your diet needs an overhaul, but I think you need to get your mind in the right place first...and to get my point across I will use the words of Machine himself:

"My point is simply this: If you want something so bad that you would sell your soul, then there isn't one thing that will stop you..."

So brother, my question to you is this. How bad do you want it? How bad do you want results? Screw the "flexibility" in your diet. You get ONE meal per week max in a 30 minute period to eat what you want. Check the diet section, ask yourself how bad you want this, and good luck Animal.

Peace,

RENFRO

Pig Benis
03-10-10, 7:06 pm
Regimented eating, less fats/processed sugars. However I had a question(s):

1 Although eating properly, how much of a factor is the timing of the meals, being routine and eaten at the same time, and what is the latest you can eat if your going to bed around 1230-130?

shizz702
03-11-10, 7:58 am
Regimented eating, less fats/processed sugars. However I had a question(s):

1 Although eating properly, how much of a factor is the timing of the meals, being routine and eaten at the same time, and what is the latest you can eat if your going to bed around 1230-130?

The body thrives off routine.

A calorie is a calorie no matter what time of day, however when eating later at night it is best to do carb cut offs 3-4 hrs before bed to keep reasonably lean.