PDA

View Full Version : The Deadman's Experience at the Cage...

Mr. Dead
03-08-10, 11:32 am
I'm still trying to gather all of my thoughts and pics to put them into an unjumbled order... Total system overload would best describe my experience, though... From the tons of people I met, to the events, the atmosphere, the training, the knowledge put out, and the uhm... proto-type "Sampling"... I was trying to soak in, as much as I could, on very little sleep... *LOL* But, this evening, I will put up my full thoughts and pics...

mritter3
03-08-10, 2:03 pm
hey great to have met ya chris...it still hasnt fully sunk in for me either...but it was a tremendous weekend.

J-Dawg
03-08-10, 2:09 pm
It was nice meeting Mr. D. Glad to finally meet the deadman in person. Your enthusiasm for what we do is really appreciated.

Mr. Dead
03-08-10, 2:11 pm
It was nice meeting Mr. D. Glad to finally meet the deadman in person. Your enthusiasm for what we do is really appreciated.

It was an honor to meet you, as well!!! I truly love and appreciate the Universal/Animal ideals, lifestyle, and of course supplements!!! It's very easy to be enthusiastic about it!!!

belladiabla13
03-08-10, 4:24 pm
Nice meeting you!!

Mr. Dead
03-08-10, 4:28 pm
Nice meeting you!!

It was really great meeting you, as well!!!

Mr. Dead
03-08-10, 10:08 pm
http://s292.photobucket.com/home/mrdead1/set/498

Not the greatest quality, but...

Phil800101
03-09-10, 12:55 am
Great to meet you bro! Sweet pics.

Mr. Dead
03-10-10, 10:54 am
Great to meet you bro! Sweet pics.

Defintiely great to meet you, and hang with you!!!

Universal Rep
03-10-10, 10:56 am
So was it everything you expected?

Mr. Dead
03-10-10, 10:59 am
Got up at 4:00 am, on Wednesday, and got my cardio done... Got to work, and the minutes just seemed to drag on for eternity... Got off work, choked down some food, re-checked my bags, and headed out to the airport... Flight left around 11:00 pm... Got settled into my seat, and wouldn't you know it... A morbidly obese woman and her 1 1/2 year old child plopped down next to me... I was smooshed up against the window... And, for those that don't know (I sure didn't... *LOL*) Children under the age of 2, don't have to have a seat, and may sit in the parent's lap... Well, suffice to say... The little girl did NOT like flying!!! She either screamed the whole time, or kept patting me on the shoulder and on the head... So... No sleep...

Mr. Dead
03-10-10, 11:20 am
At 5:00 am, I made my transfer at Chicago's O'Hare Airport... I board my plane, get settled in... Damn!!! Same lady and child sit right next to me!!! So... No sleep... I get off the plane, grab my bags... Call Ghost, and let him know I've landed... They were enroute from Detroit... I settled in, and waited for them to arrive... During this time, I happen to notice NG heading out... I got up real quick, ran over, and introduced myself... We exchanged intoductions, and parted ways, as he had a very busy day ahead of him... A bit later on, at the baggage carousel, I got to meet Steve Kuclo!!! A very awesome and down to earth guy!!! We talked for a bit, and then parted ways... Ghost and mjsef88 arrived, I loaded up into the van, and it was off to the hotel... Once we unloaded, I pretty much crashed... I took a 3 hour nap, and got up, and headed out to Metro, to train with Rage and firedrake, hitting Chest and Delts using the HRT method... While there, I met J-Dawg, LayzieBone085, and ran into NG again... Let me tell you... HRT is no joke!!! I was using little weights, and was totally fried at the end of it!!! Back to the hotel... Got showered, and Ghost, mjsef88, and myself went out to see what Columbus had to offer... Got back in, and crashed...

Mr. Dead
03-10-10, 11:20 am
So was it everything you expected?

Everything, and more!!!

Mr. Dead
03-10-10, 11:21 am
I'll post up Day 3, a bit later...

Mr. Dead
03-10-10, 1:15 pm
Forgot to mention that Groundpounder88 went out with us, as well, during the night outing on Day 2...

Mr. Dead
03-10-10, 3:18 pm
Here's where things get pretty murky... my head was spinning from all of the overload... We got up, did the 3 S's, and headed out for the Cage!!! Now, for those of you, that don't know... This was my first time at the Cage... As we waited impatiently for the gate to open, my eyes kept darting about, to see familiar faces, and at least familiar T-shirts... I was not disappointed... After the gate opened, it was a mad dash to the Cage!!! I presented my paperwork, got my shirt, and my VIP pass... I was truly there!!! As soon as I walked into the Box, Vinny gave me a shout out on the mic!!! How f'ing cool is that!!! And, then my eyes beheld a the cabinets... NG had told me that there were going to be some proto-types there, for sampling... 2 flavors, of a modified formula of an "old friend"... (Let's just say, that I rigorously sampled them... *LOL*) All of the vents of the day are still a blur... Between the seminars, the Pros vs Bros, the lifting demonstrations, and all the people I met... Here's where I need some help... If your reading this, please add your name to the post below..

Mr. Dead
03-10-10, 3:20 pm
Ghost
mjsef88
kuclo
Rage
The Freak
Vinny
naturalguy
J-Dawg
(your name here)

Mr. Dead
03-10-10, 3:45 pm
Ghost
mjsef88
Kuclo
Rage
The Freak
Vinny
naturalguy
J-Dawg
G Diesel
BBWifey
Big Byrd
InkdMuscle
The Anti-Asian
rev8ball
Aggression
deanna7272
JUGGERNAUT
Kon_Rock
CantGet2BIG
TrueSeneca
firsthorseman97
Hola Bola
Iceiktitan
LittleMan55
stolzenator
treetrunklegs
Ox
TrueSeneca
HIGA MONSTER
Big Al
BigAnt
C B
dannynb
mritter3
Firedrake
B Con
Big C
bodybabe10
belladiabla13
Enforcer
Groundpounder88
joe-yamma
MrMuscles22
NickW
PJ BRAUN
scals17
shortstack
Toni69
Razor
Tiny Meeker
Phil800101
Poptarts81
(your name here)

smoothballer
03-10-10, 4:07 pm
Ghost
mjsef88
Kuclo
Rage
The Freak
Vinny
naturalguy
J-Dawg
G Diesel
BBWifey
Big Byrd
InkdMuscle
The Anti-Asian
rev8ball
Aggression
deanna7272
JUGGERNAUT
Kon_Rock
CantGet2BIG
TrueSeneca
firsthorseman97
Hola Bola
Iceiktitan
LittleMan55
stolzenator
treetrunklegs
Ox
TrueSeneca
HIGA MONSTER
Big Al
BigAnt
C B
dannynb
mritter3
Firedrake
B Con
Big C
bodybabe10
belladiabla13
Enforcer
Groundpounder88
joe-yamma
MrMuscles22
NickW
PJ BRAUN
scals17
shortstack
Toni69
Razor
Tiny Meeker
Phil800101
Poptarts81
smoothballer
(your name here)

Mr. Dead
03-11-10, 4:37 pm
Up and out of bed, quasi early, and off to the Cage, again!!! Talk about a freakin' zoo!!! It was so wall to wall with people in that expo center, that I had to seriously decide whether or not I really needed to even go out of the Cage to go to the bathroom!!! So, obviously I spent a lot of time in the Cage... I continued to meet new people... Some faces were familiar, due to facebook and bodyspace... Others were just freinds I had yet to meet... I had the honor of sitting in on rev8ball's lecture at the Arnold Strength Training Summit... Some seriously great information there!!! (But, I'm a bit of a geek, when it comes to bodybuilding, supplements, etc... *LOL*) After it was over, it was off to my first ever National ABC... I wrote about how that went down, in it's own thread ("Training With Vinny"...) Then it was back to the hotel, to clean up a bit, pack, and head to the airport... ghost and mjsef88, I cannot thank you enough, for making me feel welcome, putting up with my snoring, and making sure I had the greatest time, ever!!! You guys ever need anything from me, just let me know!!!

Mr. Dead
03-11-10, 6:52 pm
ghost
mjsef88
Kuclo
Rage
The Freak
Vinny
naturalguy
J-Dawg
G Diesel
BBWifey
Big Byrd
InkdMuscle
The Anti-Asian
rev8ball
Aggression
deanna7272
JUGGERNAUT
Kon_Rock
CantGet2BIG
TrueSeneca
firsthorseman97
Hola Bola
Iceiktitan
LittleMan55
stolzenator
treetrunklegs
Ox
TrueSeneca
HIGA MONSTER
Big Al
BigAnt
C B
dannynb
mritter3
Firedrake
B Con
Big C
bodybabe10
belladiabla13
Enforcer
Groundpounder88
joe-yamma
MrMuscles22
NickW
PJ BRAUN
scals17
shortstack
Toni69
Razor
Tiny Meeker
Phil800101
Poptarts81
smoothballer
LayzieBone085
(your name here)

Phil800101
03-11-10, 8:37 pm
Great write-up bro!

Mr. Dead
03-12-10, 11:17 pm
Great write-up bro!

Thanks!!! Was definitely great to meet and talk with ya!!!

dannynb
03-13-10, 12:24 am
Nice post.... do regret not getting to talk to you more. Hopefully next year boss. if you do get to go we'll def get a workout and some food in before it's all over.

Mr. Dead
03-16-10, 12:14 pm
Nice post.... do regret not getting to talk to you more. Hopefully next year boss. if you do get to go we'll def get a workout and some food in before it's all over.

Definitely!!!

Razor
03-16-10, 1:55 pm
Wish you could've stayed longer bro!

Mr. Dead
03-16-10, 1:58 pm
Wish you could've stayed longer bro!

Me too!!! But, I wound up shaving $75-50 off my flight, by leaving when I did... I'll plan better, for next year...