PDA

View Full Version : The Cage... 2010

ghost
03-08-10, 11:47 am
We arrived in Columbus Thursday afternoon and picked up Mr. Dead from the airport and then went and checked in at the hotel. After unloading the car and loading the hotel, we made some burgers on the grill, and ran some errands for NG, and then Mr. Dead went out lifting.

FRIDAY
Got up pretty early and got to the expo pretty early, as I had the microwave for the cage, haha. Got things set up pretty early as far as lanyards, and the make shift signup sheets for the cage.
CAGE OPENS! The Madness begins....
as soon as the doors opened, we were SLAMMED. We kicked things off with the open lifting contest, guys bench your body weight and girls half your body weight. Last year Vinny and I had a great system going of getting 20 people to sign up, so we both decided to repeat that system.
1130... Nick Winters bench and deadlift exhibition... WOW. WITH A TWEAKED BACK, did incline bench for 600 lbs. Then went to deadlifts.. 745 in plates with another 90 lbs in chains. INSANE. That man is a beast.
1300. House's Seminar on training and nutrition. If you missed this, you missed a great great seminar. House is so full of knowledge and is more than willing to help anyone with anything.
1330 Big Ant and Big Al seminar Training around Injuries. We all get injured... these two have such great intel about this and were more than helpful for me especially.
1400. Higa Monster stones.... WOW. 403lb Stone that Higa and Tyler picked up a bunch of times, went over a bunch of strongman information.
1500. Pros vs Bros round 1. such a large amount of weight being moved around
1600 Rage and Rev8ball HRT training seminar. This training method is just sick. such a great seminar and demonstration.
1700 Open lifting contest again...

cleaned up the cage from the first day, put stuff away and went back to pass out at the hotel.
Saturday.
9:00am Open Lifting Contests same as above
10:00am Kuclo Seminar: "Training Styles" Kuclo's seminar was great
11:00am Pros vs. Bros 2: The Teams
12:00pm Exclusive FORVM VIP Event (FORVM members only) this was great...found out that LB and I won for the bulkers and BBWifey won for the cutters. Such an honor and i am so blessed to have Rage guide and teach me.
1:00pm Tiny Meeker Bench Exhibition. just wow. I brought my boards in for him to bench off of, and i know he loved it. He went up to 900 lbs bench shirted, 800 for reps, 700 for reps.
2:00pm Ox Seminar: "The Bodybuilding Diet"
3:00pm Big Byrd Squat Exhibition. so sweet. This man BROKE A FUCKING WORLD RECORD. THEN DID IT AGAIN RIGHT AFTER. 225 bodyweight raw squat was 727.. he hit 730... THEN 765. fucking insane.
Right after Sam did his squats, Tiny came back in, and benched 1000 lbs. A FUCKING THOUSAND POUNDS people. there are only THREE people who have benched 1000(+) in competition.
4:00pm Open Lifting Contests
5:00pm Vinny G & The Freak Seminar: "Live Personal Training Session"
8:00pm National ABC Event at Metro Fitness Gym. 200+ people showed for this event...and it was insane.

Sunday
10:00am Open Lifting Contests
11:00am Skiba's Crew Seminar: "Powerlifting/ Strongman Exhibition." Skiba and his crew are just amazing. Such great guys and SOLID lifters. Henri and the guys lifted such a LARGE amount of weight. and showed Vinny the advantages of a Bamboo bar. they also did a 2man 1000 lb deadlift. seriously people, where the hell else are you going to see this?????
12:00pm Pros vs. Bros 3: The Teams Team Yellow clinches it for the victory!!!!
1:00pm G Diesel Seminar: "Train Like An Animal"...You want a man that knows his shit.... G is the MAN. So humble, and wise... this man knows his shit like you wouldnt believe.
2:00pm Scott "Hoss" Cartwright Squat Exhibition. using the 10 inch box and 3 and 4 inch topper i brought with for squats, Hoss hit 900 for 3 on squats. just ..... WOW
3:00pm Open Lifting Contests

funny story as I was leaving the expo.... I was walking out with the chains around my neck and talking to Sam Byrd, and we were stopped by the official photographer for the arnold, and asked to do a quick photo shoot because, "you look badass with the chains around your neck." what an experience. I will be sure to post the pictures when i get a copy.

This weekend was amazing. and insane. we were slammed the entire time and i loved every minute of it. I met so many people, and saw so many great friends that i have not seen in too long.
This list is long... and if I miss anyone, i truly apologize.
J-Dawg, thank you so much for the opportunity to work with you guys again.. and for everything, you guys are so very amazing.
Juggernaut...such a great time seeing you again brother. and so many great conversations.hahaha and pictures! lol
NG! You my friend, are the man. I am so happy I was able to help out last minute on the microwave and cords. Next year we will definitely have better cables for the camera. Thank you for everything!
G. It was so great getting to see you again brother... and you need to let me know when you are on your way out here!
Vinny.Year 3 brother. always an Honor working with you in the cage
Rage.. You are the true meaning behind what is Animal. Thank you for everything brother.
Rev, i have a shirt for you that i am going to cart around for about 6-8 months.HAHAHAHA
TTL and Aggression. You two are hilarious. The bond between the two of you is what most of us hope for in friends, keep it up guys.
Nick, you are insane, i love it.
Skiba and crew. just wow. you guys are awesome. next time i am out your way, you are definitely getting a phone call!
Al, Ant, House, Ox, Kuclo, Freak, Higa, and i know i am forgetting people..fuck. haha. You guys are awesome. I had such an amazing time hanging out with you all this weekend.
To everyone at Corporate.. great seeing you again!!!!
Mjsef. Matt. You are my best friend for a reason... thank you so much for your help this weekend.. i know it was kind of a pain in the ass getting the gear from the van to the expo. but i truly appreciate it. and same to the Chicago group.
Deanna!!! im so happy i got to see ya this weekend. :) you are HILARIOUS. haha.

For now, i am more than excited for next years Arnold.. but am going to go to sleep. haha

mritter3
03-08-10, 11:50 am
great write up rob, the weekend was great, it was pretty damn cool to so you guys make it go so smoothly...great job.

Vinny G
03-08-10, 11:55 am
awesome write-up

great to see you again, and looking for a 4th.

deanna7272
03-08-10, 12:02 pm
Wow, what a great rundown... I feel the same Rob, so glad we got to hang out... I'm glad you guys didn't have the same fiasco that you had LAST year... I had it this year...lol I miss you guys already, what a crew!!!! I learned A LOT (sometimes MORE than I wanted to, but...lol) Sleep??? What's that????

Love ya Doll...

PIJW
03-08-10, 12:03 pm
damn wish i could have been there, now i have to wait till next year which i will be attending to catch the madness 1st hand and not on video feed, but the feed was great

Mr. Dead
03-08-10, 12:04 pm
Awesome write up!!! It was truly great meeting you, and hanging out with you, for the weekend!!! Good times!!!

JUGGERNAUT
03-08-10, 12:10 pm
You kicked butt in that cage helping with everything and anything we needed, job super well done (unlike my med steaks) See you in 2011 CAGE too.

mjsef88
03-08-10, 12:19 pm
Mjsef. Matt. You are my best friend for a reason... thank you so much for your help this weekend.. i know it was kind of a pain in the ass getting the gear from the van to the expo. but i truly appreciate it.

Getting the gear to/from the expo wasn't a problem.

It WOULD have been a problem with a boot on the van.

scals
03-08-10, 12:45 pm
Good to see ya this weekend bro. Another year down. 2011 is next!

ghost
03-08-10, 5:57 pm
i am definitely looking forward to next year!

Big C
03-08-10, 6:13 pm
Thanks for all the vids also on FB bro......that was the first video I've seen of me curling (besides the one Firedrake had on his camera he showed me in the room).

ghost
03-08-10, 6:24 pm
Thanks for all the vids also on FB bro......that was the first video I've seen of me curling (besides the one Firedrake had on his camera he showed me in the room).

glad i could get em all on video.!!

Firedrake
03-08-10, 7:19 pm

I'll get it put on YouTube in the next couple of days, honest! Hey, at least I got the pics up, and I'm in the office today!

felipelpr
03-08-10, 7:51 pm
I'll get it put on YouTube in the next couple of days, honest! Hey, at least I got the pics up, and I'm in the office today!

So, where are the pics?
Hahahaha

PLssss, pics, videos...

ghost
03-08-10, 9:02 pm
videos are here
http://www.youtube.com/rcrott1

PIJW
03-08-10, 9:07 pm
videos are here
http://www.youtube.com/rcrott1

Sweet i just posted them to my facebook too

Flash419
03-08-10, 9:43 pm
Awesome weekend... the Cage was the center of the Expo, as normal. As Vinny stated so well.. Animal doesn't throw out boxes of t-shirts, or handfuls of samples. There were no half naked fitness models flashing the corwds. But, yet the Cage was always packed, and surround 3, 4 and 5 deep looking in. Why? Because Animal gives back to the brotherhood that is the Forum. Seminars, lifting exhibitions, the Box... great friends and great memories. Already looking forward to next year. 361 days left... and counting down. LOL

Phil800101
03-09-10, 12:55 am
Always good to see you bro! It was a hell of a weekend.