PDA

View Full Version : Video of Byrd's 765 raw squat

Big Byrd
03-08-10, 11:10 pm
Fellow Animals, thanks for all the motivation this weekend in the cage! I was really draggin on low energy comin off a long layoff and i was scared i was gonna disappoint. But the intensity form the all of u in the cage pulled me out of it and pushed me to do more than i could imagine. The 765 was 30 pounds more than my best ever when everything was clicking just right; just goes to show how important havig great training partners and a positive training environment to push u thru the rough times we all have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODTXeoY2LL0

Thanks again, lookin forward to the new year

Flash419
03-08-10, 11:14 pm
Great job bro...

Very inspiring to us meer mortals..

widdlewade44
03-08-10, 11:26 pm
Beyond impressive brother...

Semper Fi,

Kevin
widdlewade44

J Wong
03-09-10, 12:34 am
Very inspirational to me!

Phil800101
03-09-10, 1:01 am
Totally insane bro! Beyond inspiring. Awesome seeing you again this year.

jesse45690
03-09-10, 11:02 am
amazing

JUGGERNAUT
03-09-10, 11:07 am
un-real

NickW
03-09-10, 11:10 am
Its hard to tell depth from this angle, I am going to have to say it was a mile high! Plus he was wearing 2ply hanes underwear, so it doesn't count as raw.

;)

ghost
03-09-10, 11:11 am
Its hard to tell depth from this angle, I am going to have to say it was a mile high! Plus he was wearing 2ply hanes underwear, so it doesn't count as raw.

;)

i hear he was wearing Lifts on his shoes that helped push him upwards........................................... ....

G Diesel
03-09-10, 11:13 am
One of the sickest things I've ever fucking seen.

Peace, G

JUGGERNAUT
03-09-10, 11:32 am

;)

haha mile high huh? So the quarter he handed me saying it was from him picking it up with his butt on that lift is not real? Darn, was hoping to turn that into cash on ebay!

HIGA MONSTER
03-09-10, 11:36 am

;)

HAHAHAHAHA! Good one Nick!
It was a 2 ply thong speedo...same one that "The Freak" used in our 405 lb squats.

HIGA MONSTER

NickW
03-09-10, 11:42 am
haha mile high huh? So the quarter he handed me saying it was from him picking it up with his butt on that lift is not real? Darn, was hoping to turn that into cash on ebay!

Nope, he doesn't like to carry around a wallet so he keeps all his money, IDs, and credit cards between his cheeks at all times...... which makes it all the more impressive because he always gives correct change

NickW
03-09-10, 11:43 am
i hear he was wearing Lifts on his shoes that helped push him upwards........................................... ....

also true! Sam is such a gear whore! LOL

ghost
03-09-10, 11:44 am
also true! Sam is such a gear whore! LOL

the Nerve of that man. hahaha.

CB
03-09-10, 12:06 pm
un-real

i saw you squatting at the gym JUGG, this is going to be you next year! haha

fatbackgoal
03-09-10, 12:07 pm
Really great stuff to see. The only problem was I thought he was going to choke to death from the chalk on his back when people were hitting him.

Razor
03-09-10, 12:33 pm
Fellow Animals, thanks for all the motivation this weekend in the cage! I was really draggin on low energy comin off a long layoff and i was scared i was gonna disappoint. But the intensity form the all of u in the cage pulled me out of it and pushed me to do more than i could imagine. The 765 was 30 pounds more than my best ever when everything was clicking just right; just goes to show how important havig great training partners and a positive training environment to push u thru the rough times we all have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODTXeoY2LL0

Thanks again, lookin forward to the new year

Yeeaaaaaah Byrd! Very inspirational and can't wait to hang with ya again bro!

Razor
03-09-10, 12:41 pm
The little smile after the lift was the best. So awesome it was sick!

JUGGERNAUT
03-09-10, 1:02 pm
i saw you squatting at the gym JUGG, this is going to be you next year! haha

Riiiiiight, all I need raw on my squat is 265 more lbs by next year haha

Razor
03-09-10, 1:05 pm
Riiiiiight, all I need raw on my squat is 265 more lbs by next year haha

haha oh come on Juggs you got this! Put the camera and graphic design down for a week and you should have something close to it! :)

mjsef88
03-09-10, 1:07 pm

Must of been the high heels....

Razor
03-09-10, 1:08 pm
Must of been the high heels....

hahahhaa ohhhh the secrets of the Nation lol.

Aggression
03-09-10, 1:10 pm
Incredible squat, Byrd. To me, this was the 'best moment in the Cage' for me throughout the entire weekend.

JUGGERNAUT
03-09-10, 1:10 pm
haha oh come on Juggs you got this! Put the camera and graphic design down for a week and you should have something close to it! :)

There is only ONE Sam Byrd, big props to that overly strong sob.

Razor
03-09-10, 1:12 pm
There is only ONE Sam Byrd, big props to that overly strong sob.

It definitely set the mood and tone if it wasn't already set to "INSANE" mode. Awe inspiring and something i will NEVER forget. Thank you Sam.

firsthorseman97
03-09-10, 1:24 pm
This is kind of a funny story from Friday....

I introduced a friend of mine to Sam and we were BSing when I asked him if he was doing a Squat Exhibition at the Cage again. He said he didn't think so. I grabbed the little postcard and told him he was Saturday at 3:00. He just said "huh, wonder what I should do?" Then of course he ends up breaking the raw record. Truly an amazing accomplishment.

Kon_Rock
03-09-10, 4:19 pm
This was INSANE! Way to be Byrd, that was awesome!

Mr. Dead
03-09-10, 4:20 pm
This was INSANE! Way to be Byrd, that was awesome!

What he said!!!

J-Dawg
03-09-10, 4:35 pm
Definitely an insane lift. As Sam was telling me b/c of his studies and work, he hasn't been able to train consistently. Then he hits 730lb (a record) and then 765lb right after. Absolutely amazing. Way to go brother.

Kuclo
03-09-10, 4:45 pm
IN-Freakin-Credible!!
Great work Sam! Awesome squat and weekend!

The Freak
03-09-10, 7:50 pm
BIRDMAN DID IT AGAIN..

THAT WAS THE SHIT BRO.. I GOT PICS OF U DOWN DEEEPPP.. fucking love that shit...and to think this guy was up all day and night doing a 15 page piece for one of his law classes.. shit i tihnk the squat was some released tension... way to go under pressure ....

mritter3
03-09-10, 9:21 pm
Sam what can i say that lift speaks for itself bud, you are a beast of a man...congrats on that tremendous squat.

BennoAus
03-10-10, 4:56 am
fuck bro that was more then impressive, that was inhuman, thanks for filmin, gives me lotsa inspiration bro

naturalguy
03-10-10, 8:35 am
That was fucking incredible.

Unfortunately I was in the shop and didn't get to see it live but I heard the crowd, looking at the video, wow just wow.

Props big man.