PDA

View Full Version : This is for the haters

westlake345
03-09-10, 4:02 am
Its 2:30 am. I start this shit today. I'm doing this for me, for those who believe in me. But also for those that hate on me. Going to the typical rich white high school has its disadvantages. Everyone wants you to do the UIL bullshit. Football, Wrestling, hell even golf. Anything but Bodybuilding. They don't get it. They don't get the passion and the dedication. All those guys will bitch about going to practice, not being able to wait for the weekend so they can go get wasted. Meanwhile im at rhe gym, busting my ass and loving every minute of it. These next months will be the time that I get huge. I am at 5' 7" and 154 pounds. Ive got a long way to go but I've come so far already. People stare at my arms and chest, sometimes in awe and sometimes in disgust. Either way it doesn't phase me. This is what I am. Your words will roll off my shoulders. I don't take in any shit. I won't back down from a fight but im not gonna go around causing them. I am still a southern gentleman. One is never above holding the door for a lady. With those close to me I feel like a protector. I don't say much but when I do you better fucking listen. My name is Brett and this is my journey.

mark!
03-09-10, 4:12 am
Hell yeah Brett. I know what you mean about high school and UIL this and that. Get in, take care of business and get out. I work out constantly, loving it all the way, even when we're down, gritting our teeth for one last rep, it's pure freaking awesomeness. Screw the weekends, screw getting wasted. Work, and work hard. What part of the south you from?

Firefist
03-09-10, 9:21 am
i got your back bro, ima be following.

Bullfrog JJR
03-09-10, 9:50 am
That was a fucking kick ass opening statement dude. Let's see if you go it to go. I'm subbed. You got a couple Akron/Canton Animals watching.

What are you trying to do? By that I mean get on stage, hit certain numbers, etc.?

westlake345
03-10-10, 11:20 pm
Continuing on. Got a fucking sinus infection yesterday. Still got in the gym then and today. Thanks to all the support. To answer your question I want to compete. Lifes getting pretty rough. Damn grades. I am beginning to loath the time between lifts. Those around me and understand what I'm all about are cool. I put on a cordial face for them. But the only time I am really happy is when I have a large amount of iron threatening to crush me unless I apply some force. Why can't these guys get what we are all about? I guess we are a rare breed. In some ways I wish there were more like us but mostly I think of bodybuilding as an exclusive club. You have to be dedicated as hell to get in. I'm glad there arent a lot of poser bodybuilders out there. With us there is no halfway. You're either in or you're out.

Bullfrog JJR
03-10-10, 11:35 pm
Priorities are an important part of this Animal lifestyle. Getting your training and eating in are high on the list, and I'm going to guess that your are fairly young since you are in school.

Grades must come first. The gym comes after that. Look at it this way: You won't be able to focus the way you need to if you're serious about getting on stage if you haven't taken care of what's most important first. Do that, and I guarantee you will progress, and quickly.

On this forum, in our little universe, you will find the encouragement to succeed not just in the gym, but in the things that REALLY matter as well.

Get some stats up on this thing too, bro. Put up your starting points and detail your workouts so that others can help you. It's a journey, and none of us travels alone.

Firefist
03-11-10, 1:49 am
brotha i understand your passion and your disdain for school, trust me, im in college, i know exactly how you feel. though it sucks, you gotta put that shit up on your priorities list.

look at big c and treetrunklegs, for example. two of the high profile dudes on here. both of them are freaks in the gym, but you can be damn sure they put a shit-ton of effort into the books. All 300 pounds of brad (mrmuscles22) complains about his economics classes, but hell, he grits through and makes the grades happen.

then you got fuckin Sam Byrd, whos doing stuff in law, i got to sit down and eat with him after the expo on saturday, and he said this, regaurding school and jobs, to me and Stolz.

"work hard in school now, so you wont have to work hard for the rest of your life"

this guy is the definition of an animal, and if hes puttin the time into his cases and studies, you bet your ass i am.

Good luck and keep hittin it hard.

FP
03-11-10, 2:24 am
Brett you sound exactly like I. the approach that you seem to have on different things is awesome. I find your post very motivating, as I can relate to a lot of it. Especially the part about people not being able to wait for the weekend to get wasted. I never understood this. I live in Denmark, they say Denmark is where teens drink the most. I can realy on one person. My 15 year old brother. He is the only one who will never disappoint me, he'll always be ready, and will always support me as I support him. Because of that, because I have only this one person to relate to, I like to tell myself over and over again, that THAT is going to make me stronger. So Brett if you feel pissed off, just hit it even harder, and suprise the fucking worlds, cus you have the mentality. I respect you bro, good luck!

westlake345
03-11-10, 5:21 am
Thanks guys. I know grades have to come first. Its hard ya know? Hear are my stats.

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 161 12% bf
Bench: 210 X 3
Squat: 275 X 8
Dead lift: 290 X 5

Im hoping to add about 30 lbs to all of those and get my weight up to about 175 with 6% bf by next year. I know I can do that. I have an arm day today. So worth waking up at 4 am.

Something about my gym. Its a fucking health club. I like smack in the middle of Westlake Hills, Texas, a suburb of Austin. This is the only gym that is in reasonable driving distance. It has fairly good equipment, a lot of free weights along with machines. The people that "work out" there however are rediculous. I forgot my iPod yesterday and was appalled by all the backround talking that I could hear. Whatever, its their shitty body that they are getting no where with. I get some weird looks when I pushing out that last set of squats and giving it a good grunt. They don't understand that you have to break yourself down so you can build up again. Hell maybe I can be a good influence to someone in there and give them that extra edge to push themselves.

Bullfrog JJR
03-11-10, 10:19 am
Thanks guys. I know grades have to come first. Its hard ya know? Hear are my stats.

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 161 12% bf
Bench: 210 X 3
Squat: 275 X 8
Dead lift: 290 X 5

Im hoping to add about 30 lbs to all of those and get my weight up to about 175 with 6% bf by next year. I know I can do that. I have an arm day today. So worth waking up at 4 am.

Something about my gym. Its a fucking health club. I like smack in the middle of Westlake Hills, Texas, a suburb of Austin. This is the only gym that is in reasonable driving distance. It has fairly good equipment, a lot of free weights along with machines. The people that "work out" there however are rediculous. I forgot my iPod yesterday and was appalled by all the backround talking that I could hear. Whatever, its their shitty body that they are getting no where with. I get some weird looks when I pushing out that last set of squats and giving it a good grunt. They don't understand that you have to break yourself down so you can build up again. Hell maybe I can be a good influence to someone in there and give them that extra edge to push themselves.

OK, few things...

First, I had to take a minute to shake my head reading those numbers. Let me be clear- those are serious numbers for somebody who weighs 161 pounds.Serious numbers. That's a hell of a base to build on.

Second, listen to what the Asian says. I know what he's studying (I'll let him say if he wants to), but believe me, it's no joke and I know he's missed a couple of our ABC's because of it. I also know how hard he gets after it in the gym because I've trained with him. But he's got his priorities in order. He's a great example of what I was talking about.

As far as your gym goes, there are more options near you, you just have to find them. It might take some digging, but they are always there. Check out some shows, powerlifting meets, etc. and go from there. If you want, I'll send you some links to get started.

You have an incredible base on which to build. You are at a point in your development where if you make the right decisions, a lot of positive is in your future. Studying, training and eating and not relying much on supplements. Get your calories from food. Don't listen to those ads that say "add 50 pounds of muscle in 30 seconds" or some shit. Load of crap.

One more thing- this will be the best 20 bucks you could possibly spend to take your training to the next I don't know how many levels:

http://flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?cid=370&m=PD&pid=2976

Wendler's 5/3/1 program is simple, straight forward and shockingly effective. Check out my journey. I was on it for a few months and will be back to it after my meet in April.

westlake345
03-12-10, 9:09 am
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Yeah those are my stats...its alot harder for me to gain weight than it is to add weight to the bar. Heres my diet:

7- ON Hydrowhey
8- 7 eggs and a baked potato, Pak
10- big PB&J
11:30-lunch
2:45- preworkout shake, M-Stak
4:30- postworkout shake
6:30- dinner
9:00- some high protein snack
10:00- ON Gold Standard Casein

Any ideas? Added supps? This is for my building stage.

Bullfrog JJR
03-12-10, 9:25 am
Yeah- way more protein from food. Lots of lean beef (90/10 or leaner for ground beef), chicken breasts and tenderloins and fish. It looks like you're relying on shakes for your protein intake way too much.

Otherwise, it looks pretty good. And remember, they are called supplements for a reason. They are to supplement your diet, not replace it.

mark!
03-13-10, 3:47 am
Gotta add some moo moo and bok bok. (beef and chicken) The stuffs gold!

boyer77
03-13-10, 10:36 am
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Yeah those are my stats...its alot harder for me to gain weight than it is to add weight to the bar. Heres my diet:

7- ON Hydrowhey
8- 7 eggs and a baked potato, Pak
10- big PB&J
11:30-lunch
2:45- preworkout shake, M-Stak
4:30- postworkout shake
6:30- dinner
9:00- some high protein snack
10:00- ON Gold Standard Casein

Any ideas? Added supps? This is for my building stage.

I like your attitude man... Listen to the guys in here and get more protein from food. I am a few inches taller than you but pretty much have the same problem, can up the iron weight but it is a bitch to up the body weight. Make sure you get at least a gallon of water a day and maybe find a good creatine supp. This helped me get a hellava lot stronger which in turn started to boost my actual body weight. Don't over due it and ask some people around you about the creatine first, you don't want to dehydrate yourself. I am interested to see what you do in your journey... I am subbed

westlake345
03-13-10, 6:43 pm
Thanks guys. Yeah in my lunch and dinner I always have some meat form. My favorite is chicken breast with a few slices of swiss melted over it. Yeah I was on creatine for a while. I love the extra energy and fuller muscles but I hate the somewhat bloated feeling it gives.

Got in a great back workout today. Several sets of deadlift and lat pull downs and rows along with other iso stuff. My whole back feels nice and worked. Its my spring break but I guess all that means for me is that I can build my schedule around my meals and training plus I will be able to chill and get a nice tan.

Don't you love it when someone has the guts to come up to you and talk to you about bodybuilding? As opposed to just flat out hating. I was walking down the hall the other day and this kid I've never seen before stops me and is like "Hey, your Brett Moore. Bodybuilder right? I see you at the gym sometimes." I shake his hand and we start talking. He is obviously not one of us but at least he respects ya know? He asked me a few things about the iron, including whether or not he should do a 1rm every time he hits the bench. Relax, I set him straight.

That makes your day better, knowing that there are people out there that, even though they might not get what we do or why we do it, respect us and think we are pretty fuckin' awesome.

scals
03-13-10, 6:59 pm
Very impressive numbers WL. Being only 161 and 17 years old you seem to be a real strong guy. I definitely hear ya on the looks by your peers. Believe me, it doesn't end in HS. I work for a huge corporation, as an executive, and get ridiculed about my size. You have the perfect attitude = FUCK EM. Keep doing your thing.

As far as your diet is concerned, people have mentioned more protein, they're right. I would definitely recommend adding either Real Gains or SportPharma Gain Max. Two very high quality weight gainers. Also make sure youre taking in enough green veges with your meals. Can't build a house without quality plumbing :)

If you need anything don't hesitate to ask or shoot me a PM.

westlake345
03-15-10, 12:05 am
Today I met my friend Daniel in the gym. I haven't seen him in several months due to him playing football and me having been in Korea for three weeks. We caught up between sets of bench. This kid is 6' 4" 210 lbs. He is a big guy and works hard while he is in the weight room but I know that his diet sucks and he parties every weekend. He has a lot of potential but gives it up for the "now".

That sets us apart. We can see past the "now". Sure we could go out and destroy everything we built up the last week in a few hours of partying but I prefer not to set myself back. We can see the "later". We can see ourselves a month, a year, five years in the future. We can see what we want to be and we know what we have to do to achieve this. We know the people around us don't give a shit. We can block them out. This is our time but we know that we are for later. We are Animal. We can see the "later".

sunny_max
03-15-10, 2:38 am
seems like you got your head staright on your shoulders bro....consider me subbed for this ride!

westlake345
03-18-10, 2:19 pm
Hey guys. Sorry about not having posted in a few days. Its been pretty hectic around here. I have still managed to get under the iron every day though. This morning I did the wheels. How amazing does the leg pump feel guys? IMO I think its the best bodypart to get that addicting feeling.

Two days ago on back day I was thinking about girls. One girl in particular. She goes to my school but we never really talked until we went over to Korea on a student exchange with several other kids. (Ill tell that story later, very cool.) I started liking her and as I got to know her we were talking about what she thinks is hot for a guy. She said all the standard things, nice, good looking, etc. I asked about what sport she finds hot. Her answer: Par kour. What the fuck? She said no other sport has any effect on her but when she sees guys jumping over shit she gets hot. Man, where are all the girls that want an Animal? A real Animal, not a damn lemur. It seems they only exist in California on Muscle Beach.

Whatever, eyes on the prize. I've know some girls that think its cool that I'm doing my own thing but get turned off by my "obsession". Fuck em. There are so many girls out there if one of them wants a guy that plays conventional sports and will hang out with her even if he misses a meal then I will move on to the next one.

Got my order of Animal PM today. I am very excited to go to sleep tonight. Thanks for all of your continued support.

Brett

Bullfrog JJR
03-18-10, 11:22 pm
lol! just wait...

RICER88
03-18-10, 11:41 pm
You got a good attitude there bro, especially for your age. Girls will come and go bro, but once you find one that respects what you do hold on to her. My gf supports my goal of standing up on the stage one day, and she makes sacrifices now just so that I can eat and train when I need to. Keep pounding the iron bro!

RICER88

BigDY
03-18-10, 11:42 pm
Its 2:30 am. I start this shit today. I'm doing this for me, for those who believe in me. But also for those that hate on me. Going to the typical rich white high school has its disadvantages. Everyone wants you to do the UIL bullshit. Football, Wrestling, hell even golf. Anything but Bodybuilding. They don't get it. They don't get the passion and the dedication. All those guys will bitch about going to practice, not being able to wait for the weekend so they can go get wasted. Meanwhile im at rhe gym, busting my ass and loving every minute of it. These next months will be the time that I get huge. I am at 5' 7" and 154 pounds. Ive got a long way to go but I've come so far already. People stare at my arms and chest, sometimes in awe and sometimes in disgust. Either way it doesn't phase me. This is what I am. Your words will roll off my shoulders. I don't take in any shit. I won't back down from a fight but im not gonna go around causing them. I am still a southern gentleman. One is never above holding the door for a lady. With those close to me I feel like a protector. I don't say much but when I do you better fucking listen. My name is Brett and this is my journey.
Give em Hell Kid. I am in the same situation bro.

Firefist
03-19-10, 12:06 am
sounds good brotha...keep on killin it and i hope the PM is doin ya nicely. ah girls....love em and hate em hahaha. you got the hunger kid, and you got a solid following on here, lets keep the train going!

boyer77
03-20-10, 10:16 am
Keep at it man, you have a while before you need to find the right girl. They are out there, trust me. I found me one! You have the heart and drive and that says a lot for your age in today's world. Set your goals high and shatter them, you have the support system in here which is the most important.

westlake345
03-21-10, 2:59 pm
Yes thank you all so much for standing up next to me. I know when all the haters beat me down I can count on you all to lift me back up. Spring break has been fun. My friend from Houston came up and we hit up SXSW. I saw some fellow Animals there. I was wearing my red iconic shirt and some guys saw me from across the street and started shouting praise at me. That made me feel pretty good.

Animal PM is amazing. It has made me sleep so much deeper and i feel great in the morning. Ill be posting some more tomorrow night.

trapit
03-21-10, 3:31 pm
dude after reading your opening statement, I got chills!!! I sat there like shit yeah. Keep on pushing bro

mark!
03-21-10, 10:31 pm
SXSW looked awesome, planning on making the trip next year from DFW area. Also gotta try some of the Animal PM.

westlake345
03-22-10, 6:39 pm
Yeah SXSW was great. Hit me up next year and we will go to the shows. I will be 18 so I can actually get into everything.

Today I hit the chest and I hit it hard. Started with a great warmup consisting of lightweight flys and machine press. I did flat, decline, then incline bench, four sets on flat and three each on decline and incline. I then did several sets on the pec dec and incline flys. Cable flys were next followed by drop sets on the machine bench and drop sets on the pec dec. It was hard to drive home. Im heading back there in a couple hours to hit the calves and get my tan on for a bit. I just came home to eat and get my homework started.

Yesterday I had one of those revelations. If I am going to be and Animal in the gym, at the table and in my life in general, I have the ability to be an Animal in other, more specific areas of my life. School for instance has been giving me a hard time.

I am gonna go ahead and put in my Korea story here since it has been long enough. On Jan. 30th, me and 13 other student from my high school fly over to Korea. We stayed at the Bugil Academy. We had dorms and our classes were in the same building. It was a ton of fun. I wasn't good friends with anyone who went over there. They were all, putting it in the vernacular, nerds. But by the time the three weeks were over we were all amazing friends. One of the best parts was all the Korean students were amazed at my body. I would be walking shirtless from my dormroom to the showers and the kids would just stop in the hall and stare.

But as fun as it was, it destroyed my school work ethic. I have been struggling to get caught up. I have decided. No more fucking around. School is important. For the next couple of months it will be eat, sleep, lift, and school work. Being an Animal is more than lifting heavy and eating meticulously. It is striving for perfection in every aspect of your life.

Firefist
03-22-10, 7:59 pm
I have decided. No more fucking around. School is important. For the next couple of months it will be eat, sleep, lift, and school work. Being an Animal is more than lifting heavy and eating meticulously. It is striving for perfection in every aspect of your life.

hell yeah, this is what im talkin about.

RICER88
03-22-10, 9:01 pm
With that attitude bro, you will go far in life. The sky will be the limit my friend.

RICER88

westlake345
03-25-10, 10:45 pm
Started a cut today. My mom met the guy who is sponsoring the Shredder Classic and he says if I enter I have a good chance. Its a month away so I don't have time to do a legit cut but fortunately I have kept myself in good shape. Its mostly a matter of losing water under my skin but I hittin the cardio hard and I've taken the vast majority of carbs out of my diet, replacing calories with more protein and good fats and placed an order for Cuts. This will be my first competish so it will be more of a learning experience. I am pretty nervous but I know you guys will be behind me the whole way. I have a rough month ahead of me and realistically I won't be in top shape but it will be fun nevertheless and believe me, I'm in it to win. I will wreck it up as much as Animally possible. I am gonna clean house at this thing.

westlake345
04-01-10, 12:05 pm
I havent posted in a while. The times have been a test of my dedication to be a champion. I continue getting ready for my contest. I took a posing class last saturday with the legendary natural IFBB Pro, Dave Goodin. He is a great guy, very helpful and friendly. I saw some great bodybuilders there that will hopefully clean house with me in the Shredder. I started all of the precontest prep, including shaving my legs. That was a test. Walking through school, people would be like "dude what the fuck? You gay or something?" Whatever. There is no way for them to understand the dedication it takes to pull off a body like mine. I am at the "gym" right now. I don't know if you could call it a gym. I am on one of the several computers they have for use by the members. I am getting some really funny looks when people look on my monitor and see a picture of Big Ant or Ox, in all their glory. I make sure that the people in this facility know I'm not here to fuck around. I am here because I am gonna be a champion. A girl that works here came up to me at school and was like "I heard there is some bodybuilder at the Hills that is entering this contest or something. Is that you?" She then went on to tell me not to be a bodybuilder because she finds it disgusting. I almost blew up on her but I kept my cool. This chick is fuckin fat. Has no diet skills and doesnt know how to work. And she has the balls to tell me not to do what I love because she finds it disgusting? Fuck. Well its time to go wreck up me chest and tris. Stay beautiful, Animals.

westlake345
04-14-10, 9:12 am
Been a while boys. Texas Shredder Classic is a week from Saturday. Now is the time that being a bodybuilder not only beats down on you, it is also the time that being a bodybuilder puts you in the spotlight. Lugging my jug of water around and having to explain to people that I am doing contest prep has brought people's eyes to me. I find myself having to explain the dynamics of what we do to my class. A shitload of haters but also a lot of people who have a newfound respect for this glorious sport. I have received a lot of compliments from people and that helps get me through the seemingly endless cardio and a severe lack of carbs. There are those who keep on hating though. I went to my car after school and someone has used car paint to put MEATHEAD on my back window. I assume they were bein a bitch but I actually thought it looked pretty awesome. I left it on for several days.

In a more personal note, I have found a beautiful, supportive girl. She lives in San Antonio so it is quite a drive but I tell ya, she is worth it. We are going to prom together. She is also coming down to watch me compete, which means a lot to me.

Kicking it into high gear now. Stay dedicated my friends. You never know when you are going to suddenly have it all pay off. We love the game but boy, does it get hard sometimes. We are brothers of the iron. Stay strong, and keep living as an Animal.

westlake345
04-25-10, 12:55 am
Damn. First show. I placed third out of three. I was disappointed and didn't really think it was what I deserved but whatever. Anyone can make excuses all day long. This gives me a place to start. Bulking 2010 baby! I gonna hit 185 pounds by christmas day. I so excited to start hitting some squats and deads again. Not to mention being able to eat a ton of grub.

I would like to throw a special thanks out there to all of you guys subbed to me. You guys make this all a bit easier. I cant wait for my next show and I know I can count on you guys helping me get there.

Lessons learned: When you practice posing, you gotta practice motherfuckin posing. Don't rely on sun for your tan because it might be cloudy in the weeks prior to the show. Learn the way your body reacts to different macros. Be able to time your peak perfectly.

Thanks my Brothers.

Bullfrog JJR
04-26-10, 10:10 am
Look at it this way- you got the first one out of the way, and you know what you need to improve on for the next one.

Learn from this experience, adjust and improve.

Start getting some training logs up here.

westlake345
04-26-10, 10:43 pm
Yeah here is where I stand now:

Weight: 152...will probably increase by 10 pounds with the newfound intake of food haha
I hit my legs hard on sunday cuz I was motivated from the contest. I need to put some freaky wheels on down there so that means putting a lot of weight on my back.

Supps: I got animal pak and flex, with m-stak on the way. I have a crap load of cell tech left over from a few months ago so im gonna finish that off. What can ya'll tell me about animal pump? Does it really give you a great drive? Is the creatine sufficient? and of course I've got the basic protein powder for getting a quick rush of the good stuff after the workout.

My diet looks pretty good. After my cut its a habit to check out the nutrition facts on everything I eat and I am much more conscious about what I put in my body. I aiming for about 4 grand a day as far as calories go, do you guys think that is enough? Too much? Keep in mind I'm 17 with a pretty fast metabolism but I wouldn't classify myself as an ectomorph.

As far as training goes I am hitting compound lifts really hard at the beginning of each workout (squats on leg day, bench on chest day, deads on back day, standing military on shoulder day, straight bar curls and skulls on arm day) then towards the end I hit some iso and cable work and use drop sets, rest-pause, ect.

Tell me what you guys think. I am absolutely open to suggestions.

Bullfrog JJR
04-27-10, 11:57 am
Near as I can tell, that all looks good. Stay with the core lifts, make sure those are quality calories and stay the course. That's a good plan.

Someone else might have a better idea about whether or not the calorie count is enough, but everything else looks good.