PDA

View Full Version : bloodshot eyes

pdh63
03-09-10, 11:51 am
hey guys i have a minor concern. the last couple weeks my eyes have been getting really bloodshot while i've been lifting, this has never happened to me before. I was just wondering if any of you could shed some light on why this is happening?

almosteasy
03-09-10, 3:11 pm
could be your breathing. holding your breathe puts a ton of pressure on your eyes when youre lifting weights especially benching

PIJW
03-09-10, 3:12 pm
could be your breathing. holding your breathe puts a ton of pressure on your eyes when youre lifting weights especially benching

Agree'd make sure to breathe through your lifts

Razor
03-09-10, 4:35 pm
Yup seen it several times. Our chicago giant Nix0r has that problem after he squats. Almost looks high. lol

Slugger
03-09-10, 4:49 pm
Yea its the beathing it happened to me once. Whats happening is on the push up ur just holding ur breath and its not good.

boyer77
03-10-10, 8:17 pm
You are breaking blood vessels because you are not breathing correctly. I am assuming you are taking a NO supp which is causing your blood vessels to expand and when you lift heavy and don't breathe your capillaries are exploding... Breathe my brother... breathe. Exhale when exerting...

Hengman
03-13-10, 2:02 am
Breathe, brother...

Sounds more like you're holding in your breath when you're doing the positive end of the movement. I had it a couple of times when I was doing front squats, but I make that mistake of not breathing... Try to breathe each rep as best as you can.

There are FAR worse injuries if you hold in your breath during training.

DAMAGE
03-13-10, 10:33 am
Yeah used to happen to me a lot too, when doing squats or heavy cable crunches...

Muscleguy93
03-13-10, 10:36 am
dont hold your breath. This is the whole reason people grunt when they strain, they let air out...

FITGYM
03-13-10, 12:30 pm
train your breathing patterns with the lifting and you will see more gains.

More oxygen in the blood equals more energy, equals reps and strength