PDA

View Full Version : Meat & Potatoes

Flexin
03-09-10, 3:00 pm
Alright first off, the name of my Journey is Meat & Potatoes. I decided to name it this because 1) I just got done killin a plate of Meat & Potatoes and 2) It stands for the basics and that is what im all about.

I have been working out since 7th grade for football. After starting 2 years of varsity football for my high school's team, I was pretty into lifting. The day after my last football game of my senior year, I went back to the gym to get into it again. I started out light; I was obviously weaker than I was in the summer before football season. Working out 2-3 times a week for about a month, I still had an interest in it but I wasn't that big, that cut, or that strong. I wasn't that motivated or convinced I could ever pull off bodybuilding. It was not until late October 2008 that it hit me.

My initial stats:
18 years old 155 lbs 8-10% BF
My current stats:
19yrs old 5'9'' 170lbs 4-6% BF

So I have been bodybuilding for over a year now and have seen pretty good results. The goal of this journey is just to keep adding on size and working towards a better physique. I also want to step on stage for the first time this year.

My diet has been pretty strict throughout the duration of my bodybuilding career. I rarely drink, dont smoke, and with the exception of a cheat meal here and there..I stay away from shit food. I like eggs, oats, rice, chicken, beef, just the basics like I said before. My training has always been intense. Ill lift heavy 6-8 reps for the main compound movements and then pump out sets of 10-12 on isolation movements. I follow a 6 day split that I will display here in a little. I dont have set rest days but I do listen to my body. I lift big, eat big, and sleep..and when my body is feelin it..ill take the time needed to get back at it. I think this has helped me grow the most. As far as supplements I keep it simple too. Right now Im just taking a multi, omegas, and aminos. im still debating on creatine, ive used it before and just dont know if its worth it or if it makes a difference (Maybe I can get some input on that!!!) Im not too big on supplements because I dont have the funds for a big arsenal, and I think whole food is the best supplement anyways!

My Routine:
Day 1- Chest/calves
Day 2- Back/traps
Day 3- Quads
Day 4- Shoulders/forearms
Day 5- Hams/Lower Back/calves
Day 6- Arms/forearms

Flexin
03-09-10, 3:11 pm
Alright, I did chest yesterday..so I'll just post the workout now.

Cable Crossovers 4x15 (warm-up/stretch)
Incline Smith Machine Press 135x15 185x10 185x10 225x6
DB Flat Press 80x10 90x10 100x8
Hammer Strength Incline Press 185x10 185x10 185x10
Incline DB Flyes 40x10 45x10 50x10
Machine Flyes 110x15 120x15 130x10

This is Ox's Chest routine from awhile ago posted on MD. I can't find the video or I would have posted it. I saw it one day and decided to change up my chest regimen. It worked out very well for me for about 4 months now so I dont plan on changing it. Ive been getting massive pumps. Dont try to fix what isn't broken!

aight..i'm about to do back and some traps tonight, so I will hopefully be posting again soon. Later.