PDA

View Full Version : The CAGE: An experience beyond words

LittleMan55
03-09-10, 9:21 pm
This was my 3rd trip to The CAGE and it was by far my most memorable. I brought my fiancee' this year, which most would classify a not to do thing. However, she was looking forward to it as bodybuilding is such an integral part of my life and she knows what the sport means to me. She stuck by me through my contest prep in '09 and thoroughly enjoyed the actual show. So for her this was a major step into the world of the unknown because it was a much larger undertaking. The only day she came with me was Friday when I competed in the Pros v. Bros contest against B Con. Before I competed though I took time to introduce her to as many FORVM members as I could. She already knew The House, Dee, Steve, and Brut but was yet to meet many of the other members I regularly talk about. She could not stop talking the rest of the weekend about how friendly everyone associated with Animal is and how much she liked what we do. It meant a lot to me that she likes the people I associate with in this sport.

Firday: I only got to spend a few hours at the Cage because of a law school related exam I had on Saturday. But I was there and ready to compete against one of my best friends and former training partner B Con. Unfortunately for me it was in one of my least favorite exercises, but what the hell bench your body weight for reps is fun. I had to deal with a shoulder I had tweaked a few weeks before, but I was determined to not let that interfere. I gave all I had and that is what mattered to me at that point. In the middle of me going I could hear my fiancee' out of the who knows how many thousand other people screaming at the top of her lungs for me. She is normally quiet so hearing this helped me squeeze out a few more reps I would not otherwise have got. The best thing is, we were captured on MD TV Poland doing this! In the end I lost, but I gave what my body would allow me. I left shortly there after and went back to studying until it was time to train that evening.

Friday nights training session was a reunion of The Fourhorsemen: B Con, Big C, Enforcer and me. We had Aggression in the mix and some other big dude too. We killed back! It was great to get a solid session in and had a good time.

Saturday: I had the exam I had been studing weeks for. After that I was drained and just went back to the hotel to rest up for the National ABC. I caught the action on the UStream though so I felt like I was there. It was awesome seeing the madness, most importantly Sam squating!

Saturday night brought about the National ABC... Aggression and I hit Delts and Tris in a HIT session. It was great to train with a fellow HITer. It was nuts at the ABC with close to or over 200 ANIMALS in there training HARD! The meal that Corp provided was great afterwards too. I hung around for a while and talked shop with various members. When I left at 11 there were still people getting it in! Talk about living the Animal Lifestyle!

Sunday: My day to intern! My crew of interns were outstanding and it was an honor to help ANIMAL in this capacity again this year. I loved it! The breakfast that morning was awesome. It was good to hang out with everyone there in the calm before the storm. I got in early with Higa Monster which spared me standing in line. Set up for the day was fast and furious. We folded shirts, stocked shelves and lockers with Supps and were ready to rock with the people started coming in. It was non-stop all day long! Such a great experience. People were eager to check out what we were about. It was AWESOME! I got asked to take a pic by some random chick who was standing in the middle of the walk way staring at everyone working. It is such a rewarding task working The CAGE with the rest of the Animal Crew. I left Sunday evening tired, but feeling fulfilled!

I have to say it was great seeing everyone again this year. You all help keep me motivated throughout the year, so thank you for being you.

Until next year, train hard and never lose sight of your ultimate goals.

I'm already looking forward to The CAGE 2011!

Phil800101
03-09-10, 10:03 pm
Great write up bro! So good to see you again. I can't wait for next year already!

J-Dawg
03-10-10, 10:38 am
Thanks for helping out at The Cage LM55. Had a good time hanging and chatting with you too.

LittleMan55
03-10-10, 2:38 pm
Great write up bro! So good to see you again. I can't wait for next year already!

Thanks Phil! I know I wasn't around as much, but it was great seeing everyone. Be ready for next year when I can be there all day everyday.

Thanks for helping out at The Cage LM55. Had a good time hanging and chatting with you too.

Thanks for the opportunity to help out again J! YOU and the rest of the people at Corp continually make The CAGE better for us. Oh my fiance said she thought you were really nice and it was amazing what you knew about supplements.

Mr. Dead
03-11-10, 4:29 pm
Great write up!!! It was definitely great to finally meet you!!!

naturalguy
03-12-10, 8:26 am
Broc, you were a big help at The Cage and a big part of what we do. It was fun but too bad that weekend goes by so quickly.

LittleMan55
03-14-10, 1:47 pm
Great write up!!! It was definitely great to finally meet you!!!

It was great meeting you too Chris! Keep hitting prep hard bro and get that hardware.

Broc, you were a big help at The Cage and a big part of what we do. It was fun but too bad that weekend goes by so quickly.

Thanks Eric! Its a privilege to help this compnay. It does suck that the weekend is so short, but I think that is what makes all of us cherish it so much. I'm already looking forward to next year.