PDA

View Full Version : Animal Flex: Official Feedback Thread

Animal Rep
02-22-07, 11:25 am
If ya used Animal Flex, let us know how it worked for ya here...

Animal Flex is the only one-per-day joint and ligament supplement specifically designed for serious bodybuilders and powerlifters... Flex is one of the "foundational" supplements.

Another main and comprehensive review thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1225011&highlight=animal+flex

Mr.Totality
02-22-07, 11:34 am
I have been on it for two weeks, and I feel like a new person. Its phenomenal

naturalguy
02-22-07, 1:15 pm
To put it simply I will never train without taking Flex.

Universal Rep
02-22-07, 1:23 pm
Won BB.com's "Joint Supplement of the Year".

Here's a link to another Flex thread: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=548

Ultimate_Warrior
02-26-07, 9:51 pm
This is the best joint supp I have ever used. I have had bad knees but since I started using FLEX that has not been an issue.

Cheko
03-02-07, 11:10 am
I defiantly like the “combination” Flex Provides. As the years stack up, I need to stay protect my joints. The ingredients in Flex have been recommended in many studies. With Universal’s reputation I trust the dosages and combination of this product. I used to buy them separately .. no longer with Flex!

Cr4zYH3aD
03-02-07, 11:12 am
Having knee pain I would certainly like it to be available in Canada. Or at least at supplementscanada.com

widdlewade44
03-02-07, 11:15 am
I've commented on it in other threads as well as recommending it to many (everybody) I converse with. It is great stuff! Keeps my joints lubed and the aches away. Flex is awesome!

Kevin
widdlewade44

BigPJ
03-06-07, 6:32 am
Hey guys, i've got a bad ankle that for the moment has put me out of doing squats and deadlifts, my bread and butter. Heartbreaking to say the least. I've been eyeing FLEX and I'm not expecting miracles, but "modern medical science" hasn't seemed to do shit. If FLEX helps, even a bit, I will let everyone here know and recommend it to every joe I pass. Peace out till later brothers.

Joe D'Amato
03-13-07, 2:35 pm
if u take flex when your young will it help u in the long run?

ghost
03-13-07, 2:36 pm
it will help you no matter what. it is great for overall joint support and muscle repair.

ctgblue
03-16-07, 5:22 pm
I do like it, but I must take 2 - 3 packs per day or I start to get aching joints
But I was used to Glucosamine 1000 and MSM1500 2 x day.
At 2 packs a day it works quite well, 3 if i have been going unusually heavy

MO_500057
03-27-07, 5:02 am
Yeah I've developed bad knees over the past 4 yrs thanks to Uncle Sam. This stuff made me feel anew. I havent had this ease of mobility in a long time. I'm definately recommending Flex to all.

BigPJ
04-03-07, 3:18 am
Hey guys, just wanted to let ya'll know that I've been taking it for a week so far and have noticed a decent amount of relief especially in my forearms (that shin splint feeling). The ankle is still coming along. One of the ingredients in Flex (Hyaluronic Acid) was a treatment I was having injected into my ankle once a week, it kinda helped but for a day or so. I'm upping to 2 packs/day and will have future updates. Has anyone else been having better results with two packs a day like ctgblue?

SDR
04-12-07, 6:43 pm
OK....To summarise and keep it sorta brief, Ive had cartilage trouble in both wrists, had a year + lay off, rehabbed it back and have been using Animal Flex since around August 06, Been through loads of cans.....

So I went for a weeks holiday over to America, and didnt bring flex with me (namely cuz it can be hassle with customs, esp. from Britain to America).

Now Im back and my wrists are starting to bother me again, co-incedence? I dont think so..

Well Im back on my Flex so I pray things get better, I cant miss out on training.

bharatoza
04-16-07, 3:25 pm
I have had sore elbows for more than 6 months. The soreness became worse and my triceps workouts suffered. First I stopped making progress and then I was forced to do very light weights. I bought a generic MSM+Chondroitin+Glucosamine Sulphate supplement from a pharmacy. I used it regularly for so many months and found no difference at all. Recently, my family doctor told me these substances are useless according to a medical journal he read.

3 weeks back I started taking Flex. I have nothing but praise for this supplement. My last triceps workout was sooooo much better. After 2 weeks of using it, I only felt a slight pinch during each rep. I'm confident my elbows will heal completely by the end of this cycle.

Flex is defintiely a staple for me now.

SDR
04-16-07, 4:00 pm
I have had sore elbows for more than 6 months. The soreness became worse and my triceps workouts suffered. First I stopped making progress and then I was forced to do very light weights. I bought a generic MSM+Chondroitin+Glucosamine Sulphate supplement from a pharmacy. I used it regularly for so many months and found no difference at all. Recently, my family doctor told me these substances are useless according to a medical journal he read.

3 weeks back I started taking Flex. I have nothing but praise for this supplement. My last triceps workout was sooooo much better. After 2 weeks of using it, I only felt a slight pinch during each rep. I'm confident my elbows will heal completely by the end of this cycle.

Flex is defintiely a staple for me now.

glad to hear bro, do you ice your elbows after every upper body session out of curiousity? Inflammation for 6 months+ sucks...

bharatoza
04-16-07, 6:25 pm
glad to hear bro, do you ice your elbows after every upper body session out of curiousity? Inflammation for 6 months+ sucks...

No I don't. But I'm guessing I should ice my knees and elbows after certain workouts. 6+ months of pain is partly because of my ignorance and partly cuz I believed the generic joint supplement will show some improvement.
I'm really happy and proud that like all other Animal products I use (Pak/Pump/Nitro), Flex lives up to its claims.

vicbulge
04-16-07, 11:27 pm
OK, I'm no phucking cheerleader, but what is this shit, surgery in a can? I've just gotten on it along with PAK, and Pump. They are good, but without this, I couldn't do what I do. I tweaked my shoulder joint/muscle in the gym the other day, and was having trouble putting my jacket on. I was on GNC's MSM Glucosamine, but it wasn't helping. In 2 days this has me feeling about 50 percent relief. I worked bicepts this am, and have no regrets now. I can't afford a gym injury because as an aircraft mechanic, your buddies don't want to hear why you can't help change a 200 pound wheel and tire. FLEX gives me the confidence to push it in the gym. yeah, get it.

gsb239
04-17-07, 12:41 pm
Last October, I popped out my right shoulder for the third time in one year. Not a fun experience by any means. The doctor told me I may need surgery on it if it happens again. Along with my physiotherapy and rehab exercises, I decided to start taking flex.

Awesome supplement. Flex and the exercises have helped a great deal. Aside from the occasional soreness in it from working out hard, my shoulder feels a lot better. I don't think I'll be going off of Flex anytime soon.

SDR
04-18-07, 5:07 pm
Im currently still taking (and will forever be doing so) Flex but now I am also adding a 1000mg Vitamin C tablet to add to the healing powers I so badly need.
These are timed released C tabs too, so hopefully im not pissing it ALL out!

bharatoza - hopefully you pop back in this thread to read, but do ice those elbows after EVERY taxing upper body workout. Before you train - do 20-30 x 2/3 sets of pushdowns using a thera-band, boy do these make a big difference...!

bharatoza
04-23-07, 8:05 pm
Im currently still taking (and will forever be doing so) Flex but now I am also adding a 1000mg Vitamin C tablet to add to the healing powers I so badly need.
These are timed released C tabs too, so hopefully im not pissing it ALL out!

bharatoza - hopefully you pop back in this thread to read, but do ice those elbows after EVERY taxing upper body workout. Before you train - do 20-30 x 2/3 sets of pushdowns using a thera-band, boy do these make a big difference...!

I have started applying an icepack.
This week too, my elbows were fairly painless while training my triceps.

super_size_me
04-24-07, 2:43 am
I'll probably never stop taking Flex either. It's moved right in there with the Paks as things I just won't lift without. My knees have always been shady, and my shoulders were getting worse and worse with every heavy workout. Since I started taking Flex, though, they never hurt during a workout. I just feel like I'm lessening the damage I cause myself by taking Flex. Great stuff.

Xraided831
04-24-07, 3:03 am
This shit is the bomb... I tell you what I will NEVER TRAIN WITHOUT FLEX ever again...

-X

ghost
04-24-07, 1:34 pm
i have a lot of problems with my right hand, and my Doctor just told me to get my ass on some joint repair, and wrote me a script for some useless shit, i tossed it back to him and handed him the printout of ingredients from Flex, i havent been able to get my ass on it again for a few months....and he goes, Well get on this shit man!

wylde
05-01-07, 4:24 pm
i had a shoulder problem for 4 months n it nvr realy got the full strength bak despite rehab work n was also prone to getin hurt again. got animal flex, wasnt xpectin miracles. 2 weeks, shoulder trouble in a thing of the past. delighted.

barischeg
07-14-07, 1:11 pm
i had a shoulder problem also for about 2-3 months,, it would keep gettin imflamed and i wouldnt be able to workout for weeks but recently got on flex and now my shoulder is just fine.... i love it and i only take it every other day now and seems to be workin great.. thanks universal..

Lekter
07-19-07, 11:25 pm
Wont go a day without it. I used TKE Joint Boost for a long period of time which I feel is a fantastic product but FLEX is noticeably more effective and certainly more convenient. And I honestly just trust Universal products over any other company when it comes to supps.

Indomitable Will
11-15-07, 4:33 pm
I've been using Animal Flex for about six months, although I missed a month somewhere in there. I didn't really start using it for any particular problem, more as a preventative measure since I frequently lift heavy (4-6 reps). However, my left elbow no longer has any pain when I do skullcrushers. It pretty much used to hurt whenever I did them no matter what exercises I did before them.

I can't say for sure that it's the Animal Flex, but there's been no major changes to diet or training style, so I guess you can say I plan on using Animal Flex indefinitely. It did take a few months before I stopped feeling pain, but that's fine with me. I decided to stick with it and I'm sure happy I did. No more elbow pain=more focus and concentration towards lifting. Good stuff.

Hoomgar
12-27-07, 11:25 am
I was having some trouble with my right knee from an injury I sustained while at work. It was affecting my ability to squat or do any real leg work. Especially leg extensions. I had been wanting to try Animal Flex because I had read a lot about it. With this new knee issue, now was the time to stop wanting and start taking the product!

Got me a can just about 2 weeks ago now. Been taking it everyday. In short... knee problem is history! I am back to doing squats and have added new-to-me exercises I never did before like Hack Squats and Leg Presses. I am now recovering from a left elbow injury that basically took the use of my arm away for 2 days. I feel certain that my recovery is going much faster as a result of the Animal Flex. I don't want to think about how long this would linger on if I were not supplementing with it.

I love how Flex can be taken anytime on any stomach condition. With or without food, morning, noon or night. I usually take it every morning before breakfast but I like having the "Flex"ability to take it when ever I want should my routine that day be mixed up.

Now the Pak and Flex are a daily gulp for me. And yes, Hoom can dump both the whole Pak and the whole Flex pak in his mouth together and swallow them whole in one big gulp still :) LOL!!!

Now Shut Up & Squat!!!

~peace

Jimmy
01-02-08, 10:19 pm
im a young guy, and i have been training hard for the last 4-5 years. i know the value of flex, i got some hardware in my left leg and hip from when i broke my femur 3 years ago. flex makes it not hurt and ache anymore. in addition to that i believe it is great preventative care. your joints arent gonna be young and resiliant for long if your training hard and heavy. i was already starting to feel tender elbows and tweaked shoulders form time to time in my training. after flex all that went away.

its truly amazing how well it works. ive even found that i dont have to take it everyday to get the same benefits. i find that every other day or even a couple days in between doses and im still feelin good. just a tip for you guys who want to make a can last longer.

To every hard lifter out there, get on flex. you change your oil so your car doesnt break down. take your flex so your body doesnt break down.

camus
01-10-08, 9:05 pm
Well, after some time running I got a pain in my right knee, the doctor told me it was tendonitis. It feels really bad you know...

Well I just bought Flex and I started today, hope it works as good as everybody claims.

hjayss
01-12-08, 6:30 am
Just a small praise to the flex....I can now get on with my shoulder routine after months of being plegued by shoulder problems....Flex is a solid product....

Joe D'Amato
01-22-08, 1:08 pm
If you take flex then stop taking it, can your body stop making its own joint support?

h 3 L L b 0 y
04-16-08, 1:03 pm
Purchased some flex today and gunna take my first packet today after dinner. I bought it specially for elbow pain that I recently start having stemming from my tricep workouts (no suprise there..) Ill let you know how it goes.

steelarms
04-18-08, 11:37 pm
that animal flex stuff is so good it helped me increase on my deadlifts, squats and overhead press.

Hoomgar
04-21-08, 12:15 pm
I'm sure other parts of me benefit too but both my knees and my left shoulder had issues. I took my first can of Animal Flex and both subsided. I let myself run out after that and was trying another joint supplement from another company during which time my left shoulder started hurting during workouts again. I got myself another can of Flex and within the first week of use was back to being pain free in my shoulder again. I wont run out again. No need to try anything else at this point. I'm sticking with what works for me.

PrometheusCon
04-27-08, 1:05 pm
I've been running lately and wanted flex to avoid any joint pain. I had a right knee twinge for a little bit, but now it's gone. If only it worked on tendons though... my calves kill.

chiefwrestling
05-26-08, 9:17 am
i hve only been using flex for i thnk coming close to 2 weeks now..but already its made a like world of difference for my elbow which i had many problems with..thank you again universal

sweetjane57
07-06-08, 1:42 am
IF i HAD to reccomend ONE product, from UNIVERSAL, to a beginner, for a supplement, it would be FLEX(Pak is another, BUT I said ONE and almost always a beginner is taking a multi of some sort). I noticed results very quickly from it. Had knee joint issues and wrist issues.......key word: HAD.

barbender18
08-04-08, 3:37 pm
i wish i had gotten this stuff sooner. last monday 07-28-08. i close grip nech pressed 185 for 6 times and had my left elbow wrapped up because of the pain while lifting. that friday 08-01-08 i was doing overhead presses once again with my elbow wrapped up because it was hurting. i recieved my animal flw later that friday and started taking it on saturday. today monday 08-04-08 i close grip bench pressed 205 for 4 sets of 7 reps with a rest pause on my last 2 sets and i did overhead presses with 80 pounds. no pain in my elbows what so ever. Animal Flex is AMAZING!!

BigPJ
09-09-08, 8:13 am
Hey guys,

Just updating from some much earlier posts. Animal FLEX has become a staple in my life. I've since been discharged from the Army due to my ankle but can still do what I love. I've had two surgeries, latest one being a "scoping" on my left ankle. They had me on such a regiment of meds it was ridiculous. Since I've been back, I've gotten myself off these meds and stick to FLEX for my joint needs. I'm not a doctor, just a guy with my own problems, so if you thinking of it, take it. All you got to lose is that soft stuff between the bones. Peace.

Cartmanizm
10-23-08, 5:10 pm
I have been taking Animal Flex for about 2 weeks now and I don't see any difference. Reason that I took flex was to get rid of the pain in my wrists... and 2 weeks later, theres no difference :(

B Con
02-11-09, 7:42 am
4wks ago i had my wrist injured while dropping a barbell at gym.
I couldn't even hold for example an EMPTY glass of water
went to take an X-Ray and could confirm that there was a problem there.

On the first week (2wks ago) pain had gone could now even hold a full bottle of water (hahaha)
Today i'm feeling great, pain has gone and sooner than expected will go back to gym

Even the pain i had on my elbow for 1 year is vanishing...great!

Another user reporting the benefits of Flex.

xMATT182x
02-11-09, 8:12 am
Personally it has worked awesome to say the least. I have a previous ligement tear in my right shoulder and could not shoulder press at all. Now I shoulder pressed last week with 60lb dumbbells for 10 reps. What does that say? the stuff works period.

SamMcL
03-17-09, 3:01 pm
I tore cartilage in my knee very badly last August, and I was on crutches for a while, I refused the surgery and hoped it would get better, I tried other supplements but they didn't help much. I came across Animal Flex and it's really helped me, I can almost run now, I can lift heavy, I'm squatting and deadlifting again, and there's almost no pain in my knee.

Thank you Animal.

ghost
03-17-09, 3:02 pm
I tore cartilage in my knee very badly last August, and I was on crutches for a while, I refused the surgery and hoped it would get better, I tried other supplements but they didn't help much. I came across Animal Flex and it's really helped me, I can almost run now, I can lift heavy, I'm squatting and deadlifting again, and there's almost no pain in my knee.

Thank you Animal.

great to read that it is helping you that much! Make sure to still be careful on it though, as it can still re-tear and have to have surgery on it.

Mr. Dead
03-18-09, 11:06 am
"Just finish 2 Animal Flex Paks. I will have to say that it was a great supp."

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=114944551

BigMattP
03-21-09, 11:01 am
I've been suffering for a few years from nerve damage and arthritic inflamation and hadn't been able to find a relief. Despite numerous trips to the doctor's office and advice from my sister (she's a pediatrician) I've never been able to get it to go away. I tried Animal Flex to see if it would loosen me up as I'm training for a Long Drive competition. In two months, I was relatively symptom free but wasn't sure there was a correlation. But, I could swing my golf club as hard as I could back when I was a D-1 college athlete and was back 3-4 days a week on the weights! Results I could feel - for the first time with a join supplement!

Then, for whatever reason, I stopped taking Flex and within two weeks, I was back to the old problems - I've since rushed a re-order of Flex and won't stop any time soon!

Mr. Dead
04-10-09, 12:38 pm
A lot of great reviews for a very underrated product...

Mr. Dead
04-14-09, 11:47 am
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115613581

"Rather than give a point by point review, I am just going to speak my mind. This is hands down the best joint support product I have ever used, and I have tried a great many. Including cissus, many of the compounds in Animal Flex both on their own and in various combinations, etc."

joshuaval
04-20-09, 6:03 pm
2 months ago ive had a knee accident, to my luck, my knee popped, i couldnt flex it or extend it, ive had xray and MR analysis, my acl and my medial meniscus were torn to shreds, ive had reconstructive surgery doing rehab , termotherapy and so on so on, regular joint supplements help but sometimes I still feel sore and pain goes again, just bought animal flex, ill post here in 2 weeks, good thing is i can walk again, but i cant wait to get back to the gym, but my rehab is not completet yet, question is this, WILL ANIMAL FLEX HELP????

Survivor831
04-20-09, 8:07 pm
Been on flex for about a year. I had a knee problem and two shoulder problems. Ever since I added Flex I haven't had any pain at all. I would recommend this product to everyone young and old. If you train hard, this is a must supplement.

trady1990
06-20-09, 2:33 am
I hyper-extended my elbow curling a few months ago, started taking flex, haven't felt a pain since.

Universal Rep
10-01-09, 11:54 am
Pulled this review, "Animal Flex Saved My Life!!!": http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=391913921&posted=1#post391913921

"4 days ago I took my last pack of Flex, and haven't re-ordered yet...maybe I got used to not having joint pain over the last three months, but now that the Flex has worked its way out of my system after not taking it these past 4 days, I'm having ridiculous pain in one of my knees. No injury, just sitting at my desk at work. Long story short, will be ordering two cans of Flex in about 5 minutes.

Anyone teetering wondering whether to try Flex needs to add it to their cart NOW. It's only like $25 for 44 packs and well well worth it. I'll endorse any of Animal's products, but there's a reason that Flex has the highest score on the user reviews. 9.2 or something I believe. Definitely worth the money."

Hoomgar
10-01-09, 3:05 pm
Pulled this review, "Animal Flex Saved My Life!!!": http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=391913921&posted=1#post391913921

"4 days ago I took my last pack of Flex, and haven't re-ordered yet...maybe I got used to not having joint pain over the last three months, but now that the Flex has worked its way out of my system after not taking it these past 4 days, I'm having ridiculous pain in one of my knees. No injury, just sitting at my desk at work. Long story short, will be ordering two cans of Flex in about 5 minutes.

Anyone teetering wondering whether to try Flex needs to add it to their cart NOW. It's only like $25 for 44 packs and well well worth it. I'll endorse any of Animal's products, but there's a reason that Flex has the highest score on the user reviews. 9.2 or something I believe. Definitely worth the money."

We have had a lot of good, great and hot reviews on Flex but that one is boiling over.

Hg

JorSN
11-09-09, 5:40 pm
Is it okay to take this two or three times a day? I have a herniated disc in my lower back and I have been taking Flex the past two months and it has really helped. I have been putting off surgery as long as I can since im only 21. The flex has really helped me with the pain in my back and joint pain. I notice after 6-8 hours though that the pain comes back so I was thinking about increasing to two or maybe even three packs a day. 1 when I first wake up, 1 45 minutes before work out and 1 right before bed. Would this be okay?

Mr. Dead
03-03-10, 3:11 pm
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122797801

"I feel that ANIMAL FLEX is in its own league of joint support formulas. It is just great and I think everyone should give it a try and feel what real, healthy joints need to feel like!"

Universal Rep
03-03-10, 3:31 pm
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122797801

"I feel that ANIMAL FLEX is in its own league of joint support formulas. It is just great and I think everyone should give it a try and feel what real, healthy joints need to feel like!"

Great review cuz it reviews Flex head to head with other joint supps...

Biggie973
03-03-10, 3:35 pm
I like this product. Out of al joint health supplements I've taken: Flex is the best by far!!!!

Hoomgar
03-04-10, 2:05 pm
I like this product. Out of al joint health supplements I've taken: Flex is the best by far!!!!

Agreed, nothing compares.

NaturalTrainee
03-08-10, 6:18 am
Most underrated Animal supp ever, but one of the most effective along with the Pak.

Universal Rep
03-08-10, 12:22 pm
Most underrated Animal supp ever, but one of the most effective along with the Pak.

x2

Mr. Dead
05-14-10, 2:53 pm
Being in my 40's (I turn 42, tomorrow...) I've grown to realize just how valuable this supplement is, and wish that I had started on it much sooner, than I did... Truly underrated... It's not flashy like test boosters, but an absolute necessity...

Hoomgar
05-14-10, 5:22 pm
Being in my 40's (I turn 42, tomorrow...) I've grown to realize just how valuable this supplement is, and wish that I had started on it much sooner, than I did... Truly underrated... It's not flashy like test boosters, but an absolute necessity...

I have to agree 100% with that. It's a daily staple of mine.

Mr. Dead
01-20-11, 12:37 pm
"I was not expecting for the pills to do anything for me but now thanks to this experience animal flex has a customer for life."

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130867443