PDA

View Full Version : The Cage 2010! Just when I thought I couldn't get any better!!

deanna7272
03-11-10, 3:35 pm
I have been starting this on paper for 3 days now, and I am going to "wing it' because I CAN'T put into words exactly how I feel. I will take a different approach to my weekend story and go from there.

When I was chosen to intern, I seriously could not believe it. I had never expected to be chosen, just for the simple fact that, well, I'm a girl...lol I know that I am accepted among my ANIMAL family, but to be chosen was absolutely the coolest thing that's happened to me in a LONG ASS time. I know some think that it's silly, being a 37 year old female, it's not the "norm" to do what I do, or to be interested in the things that I am, or lead the life I do. (For example, I do not have children and I WILL NOT pay $600 for a bag that I'm going to throw on the floor anyway...) I guess what I am saying is, I’m “different” from my coworkers and girlfriends. So when I told them about it, it went right over their heads…lol

I couldn’t wait to get to Columbus on Thursday!! I had no idea what I would be doing at The Cage on Friday, but I knew that whatever it was, it would be done. I got there, got my uniform and changed into my work shirt. We were requested wear black cargos and work boots… Well, work boots aren’t really my thing, so I wore high boots… Not too much, just enough to girl it up…lol J told me to go out with Danny and watch The Box. Danny and I were accepting entry passes for The Box. (BTW The Box x 2 this year = Very Cool)… Long day, feet hurt, blisters galore, but COMPLETELY worth it!

We trained that night at Metro and 12 of us (NG came late) hiked over to Mongolian and ate an AWESOME PWO meal… We put away some plates and headed back to the vehicles…BTW Razor, that 2nd plate WAS breakfast… Getting back to Metro, I walked over to my car and low and behold a $40 parking ticket!!! Dammit… I blew through the parking meter thing (I have NEVER paid for parking there… I won’t blow by again though)… Back to the hotel, about 2:00 AM, some drunk face plants in front of my door and proceeds to do bear crawls down the hallway…lol A bit of and “ugh” ending to an awesome day!!!

Saturday, I decided to grab a cab to the Expo, I’m not taking ANY chances on parking…lol Busy, busy, busy… Running around, “gophering” and such was the name of the game… Seeing people that I haven’t seen since last year, was priceless. The conversations, picture taking, seminars, exhibitions, competitions, were above and beyond what I ever could have expected!! New faces, new friends, old faces, old friends are all one in the same in The Cage.

The National ABC… One word… “Un-FLIPPIN believable!!!” Can we get any more ANIMALS in one place at one time??? I thought for sure that there was NO way to get in a good workout, but I was wrong. Everyone was considerate of others, let people work in, and shared dumbbells…lol Oh, yea, 2 MORE words… “Ranger Pushups!!!” I know I cried, not literally, like a girl, but WOW!!! I may have bitched about it, but I thank you Rob for testing my will…lol PWO meal was very good… I will admit I did miss our Max and Erma’s time, but we were all together anyway… The ANIMAL CARDIO pics are classic…

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/2010%20National%20ABC/206.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/2010%20National%20ABC/207.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/2010%20National%20ABC/208.jpg

Back to the room, a knock down, drag out, thrown against the wall fight outside my room between a guy and his girl gave me some entertainment while packing… (I think I need to reconsider where I stay next year…lol

Sunday morning we had our breakfast… It was nice to see everyone, all in one place, relaxed, laughing, joking and enjoying quality time. These are my peers, my family, the ones that take care of me when needed… The conversation at our table took a turn of astonishment about what kids know today… Didn’t mean to shock ya Rev…lol Thanks to all for providing a yummy start to the day allowing me to be a part of it!!

Onto The Cage… Hustling to get shirts out, folded, and organized was the task at hand. Did we think that Sunday would be a calm day? Nope… Skiba’s came through with an exhibition, it was beyond cool. I was asking to take pics for them and video a bit and I am glad I did. There’s so much that I need to learn about different aspects of different types of training and I learned so much in that little time. Just, impressive. Doing the random clean ups in The Box to insure an easy end of the day clean up wasn’t always an easy task… We all shared in the housekeeping just as we would at our own homes. Sometimes we feel like it’s our home, at least for that weekend!!! I miss that home…

As I was helping in the clean up, a sense of sadness came over me. Not because it was time to go per se, but the fact that I won’t see some of dear friends until next year. It was hard to leave, but knowing that they are my friends 24/7/365 it makes it easier. Such a long weekend that blows by SO quickly. Another year down and another 362 to go!!!

Before walking out NG and I were talking and he made a statement that I hold dear. He said, “You did it Dee, you broke the barrier.” Being the only woman to have been asked, it means the world to me. I didn’t do anything special, didn’t go out of my way to be seen, I just did what I normally do and it feels good to know that I set the way for future opportunities!!

Thank you SO much for the opportunity to prove myself at The Cage, my loyalty, my friendships, my family, my iron world all revolves around what I have developed here. You all have helped me grow as a person, a teacher, a partner, and most of all a strong independent woman. I hope that you know what this means to me, those that know me well, know that I do what I can do to represent the best I can.

Don’t worry, I didn’t forget my personal messages…lol I will add a post a little later, this took me 2 class periods and it’s time to go home…lol THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!! I am sure I forgot a ton, I needed to get this written because it was weighing on me to be finished…lol I miss everyone already and can’t wait until next year…

To be continued…

Mr. Dead
03-11-10, 3:46 pm
Great write up, Deanna!!! It was really great to get a chance to meet, and talk with ya!!!

naturalguy
03-11-10, 3:52 pm
Why you gotta point out my tardiness? lol

You did great D. You live the Animal lifestyle and promote the ABC's more than a lot of guys on here so your gender made no difference in my mind.

mritter3
03-11-10, 3:53 pm
you did a hell of a job D...great to have met ya, look forward to meeting you at one of the ohio abc's in the future.

Beach91
03-11-10, 3:57 pm
coming from someone who couldnt attend, I really appreciate all the Pics and the writeUP, so thank you, and its cool to see you had such a blast!

deanna7272
03-11-10, 6:17 pm
Why you gotta point out my tardiness? lol

You did great D. You live the Animal lifestyle and promote the ABC's more than a lot of guys on here so your gender made no difference in my mind.

Oops... and thanks E, the things you said to me, just those few statements meant the world to me. Thank you again....

deanna7272
03-11-10, 6:19 pm
Great write up, Deanna!!! It was really great to get a chance to meet, and talk with ya!!!

I know, how funny was it that I knew who you were by your real name, not Mr. Dead??? LMAO Duhhh....

you did a hell of a job D...great to have met ya, look forward to meeting you at one of the ohio abc's in the future.

I was hoping to get to meet ya and when I saw your brother's name on that form, I knew to look for you...lol

coming from someone who couldnt attend, I really appreciate all the Pics and the writeUP, so thank you, and its cool to see you had such a blast!

I have videos to post also, they are CRAZY... Keep an eye out, gonna try to get some done now!!!

Phil800101
03-11-10, 8:35 pm
Great write-up Deanna! It was awesome seeing and hanging out with you again...is it next year yet?

deanna7272
03-12-10, 7:56 am
Great write-up Deanna! It was awesome seeing and hanging out with you again...is it next year yet?

Same here Phil!!! Can't wait until 2011...