PDA

View Full Version : My new life

pressingforward
03-11-10, 11:21 pm
My name's Chris and recently I've gone through a lot of changes that have brought me back to the one thing that was always there for me...The iron. I was a high school wrestling standout and went on to take my gift to the next level. After college I married my high school sweetheart and work took over. Last month she took the dog, the car and half of my salary , but she'll never take the my passion. Being so far down on my luck has made me realize that there is only one thing in this world that matters: Self Improvement. I've been out of the gym for almost a year and a half now and have since lost my muscle mass and put on more bad weight than I care to mention. Today is the first day of my new life, with a goal of turning the fat back into muscle and putting on around 30 lbs within the next year. This journal will keep me honest and make me stick to my diet and workout. I would appreciate any and all input as I embark on my Journey. Stick with me, Brothers as I pay my dues to get back into the brotherhood of Iron.

Survivor831
03-11-10, 11:59 pm
Hang in there Bro. You are in a good place. Life will sometimes throw all kinds of shit at you........However, Its what you throw back that makes you who you are! Best of luck to you.

C.Coronato
03-12-10, 10:07 am
Welcome my man. Your in a good place for sure. Keep your head up and keep rockin, thats all you can do. Dont let life pull you down.

pressingforward
03-13-10, 2:34 am
Whoever said that getting back into the gym is the hardest part wasn't fucking lying. I've officially been in the gym for two days and I can say I feel the good hurt brothers. I became a member of a 24 hour gym so that I can go late at night and be alone with my thoughts and my methods.

Day One: Legs

4x10 Heavy Squats
3x10 Leg Extensions
3x10 Leg Curls
4x20 Calf Raises

I now dread getting off the shitter or out of my chair at work.

Day Two: Chest

3x10 Dumbell Press
3x10 Dumbell Flies
3x10 Cable Cross Overs
3x10 Bench
Max Bench

I was catching up on some reading and read that converting fat to muscle is actually a myth and they are two seperate entities and that you should build your muscle first so that you burn the extra calories from the muscle mass during your cut. What is your take on this brothers? Also, any input on my workouts would be much appreciated!

mark!
03-13-10, 2:46 am
I always felt it was easier for heavier people, myself being 338 to lose fat and put on muscle. My lifts have gone up and the scale is going down but I have to give most of that to my form fixings. I think it's possible, but I'm not really well educated on this. I just do what my coach tells me to, and it's been working so far, haha.

Survivor831
03-14-10, 2:34 pm
Whoever said that getting back into the gym is the hardest part wasn't fucking lying. I've officially been in the gym for two days and I can say I feel the good hurt brothers. I became a member of a 24 hour gym so that I can go late at night and be alone with my thoughts and my methods.

Day One: Legs

4x10 Heavy Squats
3x10 Leg Extensions
3x10 Leg Curls
4x20 Calf Raises

I now dread getting off the shitter or out of my chair at work.

Day Two: Chest

3x10 Dumbell Press
3x10 Dumbell Flies
3x10 Cable Cross Overs
3x10 Bench
Max Bench

I was catching up on some reading and read that converting fat to muscle is actually a myth and they are two seperate entities and that you should build your muscle first so that you burn the extra calories from the muscle mass during your cut. What is your take on this brothers? Also, any input on my workouts would be much appreciated!

What is your diet like?........You should be able to strengthen the muscle that you have while getting rid of the fat. Your diet has to be spot on. You seem pretty serious about this so I dont see it being a problem. Post up some numbers so we can help you with this.
Workouts are solid. Basic and to the point. Looks good.

pressingforward
03-15-10, 2:46 am
Sorry it took me so long to update my journey, Brothers.

This is my diet from today out of my training journal:

Breakfast: 1/2 Cup Oatmeal 1/half scoop whey protein, 1 Banana, 2 capsules of my Thermogenic, 1 part of my Multi, 12 oz

Lunch: Garden Salad Blend, 2 Eggs w/ Yolk, 1/2 Chicken Breast (Boiled), 1 Sea Kelp Tablet (I have a bad thyroid), 2nd Part of my multi, 24 oz of water.

Protein Shake 1, no additions.

Dinner: 2 Grilled Chicken Breast, Garden Salad Blend, Green Tea no sugar, 1/2 cup wheat pasta, 24 oz water

PM: 1/3 Cup Raw Spinach, 12 oz water, 2 thermogenic capsules, last part of the multi vitamin series.

Workout, Cardio Day.

20 Minutes Bike
20 Minutes Eliptical

Post workout shake, 60G Protein, 7.5G Micronized BCAAs

pressingforward
03-15-10, 3:04 am
This was my workout from Yesterday, I forgot to include it in my last post...I apologize.

As always, feed back is welcome...I've been out of the game for a long time.

This was Yesterday's workout:

Bis

4x8 Heavy Preacher Curls 120, 130, 140, 140
Hammer Curls 3x10 45, 50, 55
Rack Running (6 reps) 50, 45, 40, 35, 30, 25

Tris

Skull Crushers 4x10
Cable Pull Downs (Rope) 110 - 10 Reps, 125 - 8 Reps, 135 - 8 Reps, 170 - 4 Reps
Dips 3x15 with 90 lb plates on my lap

Abs

Supine Bicycle 4x45 seconds
Crunches 3x45 seconds
Leg Lifts 2x45 seconds
Pillar hold 1x45 seconds

pressingforward
03-16-10, 2:20 am
I woke up this morning with intense upper chest pain. I didn't have it yesterday, and I did chest on Friday. I can't fuckin' explain it.

Today was back day.

Heavy Bent Over Rows: 4x8
Lat Pull Downs: 3x10 - 75,125,150
Seated Rows: 3x10 - 200 Lbs
Back Extensions - 3x10
Shrugs 3x10 - 250, 300, 350

AM: 1/2 boiled chicken breast, 1 cup wheat pasta (no sauce), 2 eggs w/yolk, 24 oz water, 2 thermogenic capsules, 1 Multi Vitamin.

Lunch: White Bagel w/ Peanut Butter, 1 Multi Vitamin, 12 oz water

PM: Whey Shake, 40G

10:43PM: 2 thermogenic capsules, mutli vitamin, 24 oz water.

Can of Tuna

Survivor831
03-16-10, 9:53 pm
Workouts look solid bro.....basic and to the point.