PDA

View Full Version : Captains of Crush

WarlordMalice
03-12-10, 3:45 pm
I thought I saw a thread on here once about these and it was real short but I searched and couldn't find anything.

Anyway, I just ordered the trainer, 1 and 1.5 and am determined to eventually close the #3. Plus it should help me with grip strength for deads since I just started doing these and my strength is going up fast with them.

Who else here uses CoC and which one are you up to?

BigChrisF
03-13-10, 3:32 pm
I have never found spring grippers to help with deadlift grip. Deadlift grip is a static gripping strength and the grippers will increase your closing strength. It's not a bad thing to work, but I figured I would give you the heads up.

I usually use the HeavyGrips grippers, but I can close the CoC #3 which is the highest I have available.

suicidegripme
03-13-10, 3:38 pm
I started with the trainer. I use the Coc#1 for grip work once and a while. Theres not a great correlation between static strength holding/grip endurance and crushing power. I tend to do timed holds rather than repetetions.

WarlordMalice
03-13-10, 3:42 pm
Ok, good thing I didn't get it with the sole intention of improving my deadlift grip hahaha. I'm still determined to close the #3 though.

HIGA MONSTER
03-13-10, 11:32 pm
I thought I saw a thread on here once about these and it was real short but I searched and couldn't find anything.

Anyway, I just ordered the trainer, 1 and 1.5 and am determined to eventually close the #3. Plus it should help me with grip strength for deads since I just started doing these and my strength is going up fast with them.

Who else here uses CoC and which one are you up to?

I can close the #2. Not even close to the #3.
However, me and my training partners notice that your Farmers Walk grip gets worse with training the COC's. I don't know why, but it does with me.

I'd rather use my Axle to do Deadlifts, and alot of Pinch grips with plates inside-out to help improve my supporting strength.

HIGA MONSTER