PDA

View Full Version : One Solid Weekend in Columbus

scals
03-12-10, 11:03 pm
The weekend of the Arnold is one that I will not soon forget. It all started Thursday at 6am. Woke my ass up and got on the elliptical. Did my cardio, packed the car, and drove 6 hours from VA to Columbus, with my little brother. Got in and went food shopping for the weekend. Cooked it all up and I was set to go. Went over to Metro Fitness Thursday night for some solid leg training. When I walked in the first person I saw was Victor Martinez. Holy shit he is GIGANTIC in person. Definitely humbling. I ran into G Diesel, J-Dawg, and naturalguy. I hadn't seen these fellas since December at the Jersey ABC, so it was great to see them. Started doing some leg extensions, and a tanned up Big Ant rolls over. Also great to see Ant. After getting done with the power squat, chatted it up with Big Al. I had seen Al 2 weeks before in NYC, so I wasn't that excited to see him (haha, just kidding Al). Finished up the leg workout with my brother, and went to sleep. Had a big day on Friday.

Friday marked the big Intern Day. Got to the Cage with B Con and we got ready to work. Threw on the slammin shirt and was ready to roll. Being an intern was an amazing experience, no doubt. Getting to hang out with the likes of Kuclo, The Freak, Evan, House, G Diesel, NG, J, Juggs, Rage, Ant, Al, and the rest was unreal. Sold a ton of shit, even if Ant questioned how much I really was all day lol. Met a cute girl that worked over at the Grizzley booth (yes Ant I give you some credit on this one). Overall just a great day at The Cage. I missed most of the lifting events that went on, but still had a great time.

Saturday was a relaxing day. Spent the day with my brother walking around the Expo and checking out some of the booths and the events. Got pictures with a bunch of pros and other bodybuilders. Got to talk with Flex Lewis for a while. For those of you that haven't had the pleasure, WOW, what a guy. We talked about prep and dieting, and a bunch of different shit. He is without a doubt a great guy. The thing that really stuck out to me about Flex was the fact when I passed him and the Gaspari booth the next day he remembered my name and said hey. That said a ton to me about the kind of guy that he is. Another person I got to meet and talk to was Big Zach Khan. When I say big, shit I mean big. This dude is enormous. Nice guy too. Saturday night marked the National ABC. Got the opportunity to train with one of my good friends treetrunklegs, and my bro. Hit some chest and delts. The gym was packed, so the workout was kinda strange, but I felt it the next day, so cool! TTL is absolutely huge right now, can't wait to see how he does at Team U this summer. He knews I'll be sitting there with his family just like I did in November. After the workout we went into the locker room and did some posing. He gave me some valuable tips and I really appreciate it. Downed a shake and went back to the hotel.

Sunday was the BIG day. About 7-8 weeks ago, I called out Aggression for 225 deads. Adam had done 37 last summer, and I wanted the crown. He gladly accepted and the trash talking was on. But Sunday the talking stopped and the lifting started. We were the last match up in the pros vs bros. I was definitely nervous after watching TTL dead 315 for 21 and Hola Bola hit 315 squats for 29. Adam went first and pulled a very impressive 42 reps. Then I was up. I was able to squeeze out 50 reps, and grab the crown, and a cool $100 from Rage, who laid down the challenge to both of us to hit 50 reps. Regardless of the win, it was an awesome match up against a good friend of mine. We'll keep talking smack, but it's all in good fun! LOL.

It was definitely a solid weekend. Luckily for me it got even better when I got home and was announced as the new SportPharma rep. Definitely an honor and privilege. Can't wait to do it up big with SP. As for the Arnold, can't wait til 2011!!!

Mr. Dead
03-12-10, 11:16 pm
It was really great to get a chance to meet ya and talk with ya!!!

Phil800101
03-13-10, 2:35 am
Great write-up bro! Awesome to see and hang out with ya again. All your hard work is really showing...I almost didn't recognize you from last year! no doubt you are going to do some damage up on that stage in May!

C.Coronato
03-15-10, 1:19 pm
Awesome write up and great weekend for sure. Appreciate the words my man .. i look forward to these next few weeks leading up to May.

firsthorseman97
03-15-10, 1:44 pm
Great write-up and congrats on becoming a rep. Well-deserved.

mritter3
03-15-10, 2:00 pm
hey scals great read right there man, it was amazing seeing you pull for 52 reps man, and getting the rep with sportpharma is well deserved man, looking forward to seeing you tear it up on stage in may...keep working hard man.

scals
03-15-10, 4:58 pm
It was really great to get a chance to meet ya and talk with ya!!!

Absolutely MD. It was a pleasure.

Great write-up bro! Awesome to see and hang out with ya again. All your hard work is really showing...I almost didn't recognize you from last year! no doubt you are going to do some damage up on that stage in May!

Thanks Phil. I appreciate all the kind words. This is only the beginning.

Awesome write up and great weekend for sure. Appreciate the words my man .. i look forward to these next few weeks leading up to May.

Thanks bro. No doubt man, I appreciate your constant support and friendship. They are going to be some fun weeks.

Great write-up and congrats on becoming a rep. Well-deserved.

Thanks Ryan. I'm looking to do some big things with it.

hey scals great read right there man, it was amazing seeing you pull for 52 reps man, and getting the rep with sportpharma is well deserved man, looking forward to seeing you tear it up on stage in may...keep working hard man.

Thanks brother. I will, without a doubt bro. Thanks for being behind me.

Firefist
03-15-10, 7:19 pm
definitely good seeing you man, and congrats again.

haha when i first saw ya at metro friday night and you said hi, for a few seconds, i had no idea who you were, you look so different precontest hahaha.

scals
03-15-10, 7:20 pm
definitely good seeing you man, and congrats again.

haha when i first saw ya at metro friday night and you said hi, for a few seconds, i had no idea who you were, you look so different precontest hahaha.

Haha, it was good to see you too bro. Yea, precontest I aint a fat fuck LOL.