PDA

View Full Version : I kicked Cancers ass.....the journey!!

boyerfitness
03-14-10, 3:48 pm
So here I am....back at it and feeling good. I'll start with a little background to fill you in. I have always been an athlete. Spent most of my time in the gym pushing myself to lift more then the next guy...yes "guy" that wasn't a typo. I dont personally know any girls that lift like I do. I am a fitness director for the Y and hold may certifications for training. Where my husband and I work out I'm the only girl on the iron side of the gym so for me finding inspiration is hard. Yes I'm strong but I want to be ripped so ladies where are you? I know there are a few on this forum!!

In June of 2009 I had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor on my thyroid.....It SUCKS!! That's all the whining you'll hear from me though as I'm here and there are no more cancer cells in my body!!! Now I have to work harder than before. I take meds every day and will have to for the rest of my life.

My first goal is to compete in the 2010 Tri Adventure race in May (36 mile bike, 6 mile kayak, 8 mile hike with 20% of your body weight on your back) and then the ultimate in endurance and strength the USMC Mud run in September (8k on a Marine corp obstical course in mud).

Adapt and overcome......who knows maybe my next goal will be a figure competition!

boyer77
03-14-10, 4:05 pm
Well, fellas... be careful of this one! She is one mean mambajamba! I love her with all my heart though. I look forward to seeing your progress!

boyerfitness
03-15-10, 8:32 am
What Im starting with..... 5'9, 150lbs got to check my body fat today last time that happened it was 15% (over a year ago age 33)

Starting today with a leg workout.....I love leg day!! Im a freak I know and my trainer is going to push me hard. He's my husband and a former Marine so he might try to kill me only because he knows I can take it. I'll post the workout and my meals later today. That way I can keep it real no cheating!

firsthorseman97
03-15-10, 8:57 am
Consider me subbed. Can't wait to see where this new lease on life takes you/

C.Coronato
03-15-10, 1:56 pm
Welcome for sure. We dont have many girls but there are a few! Ill send Deanna over, shes a great motivator for sure.

deanna7272
03-15-10, 2:34 pm
Well, that didn't take long...lol Girl, I know where you're coming from. I too, feel like the odd "man" out when I'm in the gym. Don't get me wrong, we have cardio bunnies that have been working out for 7 years and their bodies HAVE NOT changed, but that's NOT me.

I too went through surgery, nothing near as frightful as cancer (so happy to hear there are no more cells) but I had 2 back surgeries and let me tell you, I know how all that plays havoc on your body... It CAN be done though... I came back with a vengeance. I love over 60 pounds and have competed in 3 figure shows. I have made HUGE strides in the gym and continue to everyday. At 37, and with my background, I will never be a figure pro, I have allowed reality to set in BUT there's NO WAY that's going to keep me from giving my all in the gym.

I applaud you for setting your goals and with what I have read, I am sure you have the inspiration and support coming from those around you. You will DEFINITELY find it here!!! We got your back girl, believe it.

If there's ANYTHING you need look my way. If there's anything I can do to help, you got it... There are a few of us ladies here that bust ass, some compete, some don't, but we ALL know what it's like to love this life and LOVE going against the grain!!!

I'm subbed... I can't wait to see where this takes you...

boyerfitness
03-15-10, 7:04 pm
Thanks for the support! Looking forward to where this takes me. Defiantly feel like the odd "man" out in my gym. It makes me laugh, I work in a gym as a fitness director, mostly lift in my facility and clearly know my way around the iron and it makes me mad to see guys that wont let their ego go long enough for me to help or give suggestions to their workouts......when all I want is to see them improve and get stronger but for some reason being a "girl" means you don't know about lifting???? With that said....this site is not like that and I respect that. I am proud to be one of the few girls on here and hope that I can bring something interesting to the table.

leg day..
2x20 leg press 90lbs (warm up)

4x15 super set leg press/calf raises 140lbs

4x12 DB lunges 20lbs

4x15 hamstring curls 50lbs

4x12 leg extensions 70lbs

nice little starter I think. I'll let ya know how I feel in the morning

Survivor831
03-15-10, 9:07 pm
Just wanted to say Congratualtions on what you have overcome. Dealing with cancer is something no one should have to go through. I myself have dealt with the "C" word and am glad to say that I too have won the game. I was thinking of starting a journey myself on something of the same topic. I wasn't sure, but I think I might give it some thought now. Thank you for the inspiration and good luck...........Count me in!

boyerfitness
03-15-10, 10:56 pm
you could count me subbed if you started a journey. It has reminded me I'm alive for a reason. Good luck if you start one!

BBWifey
03-16-10, 2:03 am
I'm so glad ur starting a journey! Beating cancer is a journey in itself. You'll get plenty of support here, believe me. At this point u can accomplish anything! Glad to see another woman here.... Consider me subbed! U have my number, I'd love to talk.

boyerfitness
03-17-10, 2:58 pm
So ex's are ex's for a reason and my husbands ex is one of those ex's that really gets the rage going!! Here's the story.....So I'm good right, starting my journey, focused and determined. Eating right got my schedule down and then out of no where Monday afternoon I get a shit tone of crap dumped in my lap by you guessed it.....the ex!!! See, she's the type that in order to justify taking his kids to Texas she has to make him look bad. This apparently makes it ok in her eyes for taking them away. I call crap!!! One because he is an amazing dad and two because he pays for his kids. She will stop at nothing...including filing false police reports! Are you kidding me??? This to me is just useless time and money spent. And like I've always said "you can't fight CRAZY"!!

Ok, so that felt good to get that out . My life my kids and husband are very much a part of my journey and when I have a day like I did yesterday (not eating much and no work out) when nothing goes as planned I can't let it get to me. I try to only let her effect my life in small amounts. Because at the end of the day she is nothing to my journey.......

So tonight i'll be back at it....it's a good day for arms!!

Survivor831
03-17-10, 8:36 pm
If there is anything I hate in this world more than anything, it would be stupid people......................Like you need any more motivation. LOL. Adapt and overcome, right?!

boyer77
03-18-10, 11:13 am
Glad you had a good arm workout! You are lookin good already, I like your dedication, keeps me going too!!

boyerfitness
03-18-10, 8:12 pm
So here it is for Wednesday....

Military press
2 x 15 @ 15lbs warm up
1 x 12 @ 25lbs
2 x 12 @ 20lbs

Side lat raises 3 x 15 @ 15lbs

Standing front lat 3 x 12 @ 15lbs

Preacher curl 3 x 15 @ 40lbs

Cable curls 3 x 15 @ 35lbs

Incline DB curls 2 x 12 @ 15lbs

I felt good just a little weak. I kinda knew going into it that my eating wasn't what it should have been for the workout but I worked through it and had to change some stuff up mid way just so I didn't hurt myself.

Numbers for Today

Lat pull down 4 x 15 @ 60lbs

DB rows 4 x 15 @ 20lbs

Hanging pull ups 4 x 12

Seated cable rows 4 x 15 @ 90lbs

Tri press downs 4 x 15 @ 80lbs

DB tri kick backs 3 x 12 @ 10lbs

DB skull crushers 2 x 10 @ 10lbs

Bench dips to failure 2x

feeling good so I up'd the intensity a bit.....tomorrow might not be a good day

boyer77
03-18-10, 10:26 pm
Maybe you can come and hang with me at the gym on sat!!! You are a mad (wo)man.

sly06
03-19-10, 12:12 pm
Consider me subbed....gotta see where this is going to go

deanna7272
03-19-10, 12:16 pm
Ok, so that felt good to get that out . My life my kids and husband are very much a part of my journey and when I have a day like I did yesterday (not eating much and no work out) when nothing goes as planned I can't let it get to me. I try to only let her effect my life in small amounts. Because at the end of the day she is nothing to my journey.......

So tonight i'll be back at it....it's a good day for arms!!

Believe me, all of the above and more (excluding her...lol) are DEFINITELY a part of your journey, just as you saw with the eating and workouts. We all go through the trials and tribs of life, but it's the fact that we overcome these situations and move forward. We all have "days" and we're here for you... Keep kickin' ass and takin' names, Darlin'....

boyerfitness
03-19-10, 9:03 pm
Ok so if you haven't already guessed by now I don't do any thing if it's not all out! So it would stand to reason that becoming a part of this forum would give me the kick in the ass I need to just go for it. So after a good talk last night.....thanks BBWifey! I went balls out which isn't that how it should be...got some before pictures of what I'm starting with, picked my competition (IFBB North American Championships in Cleveland Ohio) getting some advice and going for it. This is the place to do that right? LOL So here they are my very unpleasant before pic!!

http://boyerfitnessjourney.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

deanna7272
03-19-10, 9:52 pm
I just PM'ed you....

boyerfitness
03-19-10, 9:57 pm
I just PM'ed you....

HAHA! you should have just put in on the page LMAO! Thanks I put the wrong one after I looked at it.

boyerfitness
03-19-10, 9:59 pm
Ok so if you haven't already guessed by now I don't do any thing if it's not all out! So it would stand to reason that becoming a part of this forum would give me the kick in the ass I need to just go for it. So after a good talk last night.....thanks BBWifey! I went balls out which isn't that how it should be...got some before pictures of what I'm starting with, picked my competition (IFBB North American Championships in Cleveland Ohio) getting some advice and going for it. This is the place to do that right? LOL So here they are my very unpleasant before pic!!

http://boyerfitnessjourney.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Correction....due to dumbassness that would be the West Virginia State/Mid Atlantic Grand Prix!! Too damn excited for my own good! LOL

boyerfitness
03-20-10, 9:04 am
So Yesterday I was feeling good and for the first time in a long time the sun and warm weather decided to come out and when you live in Ohio that's rare! So in the morning I put my Ipod in and went for a run..... 3.5 miles. We have a nice path that runs down by the river and dock area of down town Toledo that starts close to my work. It was a good run. On my way back I pass a CF gym that a friend of mine owns so I stopped in to see his place....big mistake!! His big head has got the best of him for sure!! Apparently CF is the "ONLY" fitness their is as I was told and I quote "figure and body building....that shit aint fitness" so what ever man to each his own. Thinking of his comment did give me motivation in the gym later but shit what was I thinking....legs?? And I only did this because I knew I was doing chest whit boyer77 today. I stole a page from BBWifey's leg day changed up the weights a bit and here it is....

Leg extension 1x50 @ 20lbs, 2x50 @ 10lbs OUCH!
Leg press 1x50 @ 40lbs, 2x50 @ 30lbs
Squats (in power cage) 2x20 @ 65lbs
Leg curls 2x20 @ 30lbs
Calfs 2x20 10lbs

Getting ready for a good chest day!

boyerfitness
03-21-10, 10:25 pm
Machine Press
Warm up 2x 20lbs/30lbs
2x20 @ 50lbs
2x20 @ 60lbs

Incline DB Press
3x20 @ 20lbs

Incline fly
1x20 @ 20lbs
2x20 @ 15lbs

Flat DB press
2x20 @ 20lbs

Pec deck
3x20 @ 40lbs

boyerfitness
03-23-10, 9:38 pm
Starting the diet tomorrow and getting down to some serious business!!

Monday was Shoulders, rear delts and tri's
DB Press 3x15 @ 15lbs
Side laterals 3x15 @ 10lbs
Front laterals 3x15 @ 10lbs
Reverse Pec deck 2x20 @ 40lbs
Seated cable rows 3x20 @ 60lbs
DB skull crushers 1x15 @ 15lbs, 2x15 @ 10lbs
DB kick backs 2x15 @ 10lbs
Straight bar cable press downs 2xdrop set @ 110lbs, 70lbs, 40lbs, 20lbs to failure

Tuesday (today) Back
Wide lat pull downs to the front 1x20 @ 60lbs, 2x20 @ 50lbs
Seated rows 3x20 @ 100lbs
Wide lat pull downs to the back 3x20 @ 60lbs
T-bar row 1x15 @ 50lbs, 1x15 @ 40lbs, 1x15 @ 30lbs
Dead lifts 2x10, 1x12 @ 95lbs
Shrugs 2x25 @ 50lbs

BBWifey
03-23-10, 11:52 pm
Nice!!!!! Great, solid workouts! I love the motivation that comes on a daily basis. I know it keeps me going! Pm me and let me know how ur weight and bf are, I'm excited to hear!

boyer77
03-25-10, 10:29 am
You are a beast... I think we should hire a chef, not that cooking chicken at 5:30 in the morning isn't what I look forward to everyday!

boyerfitness
03-25-10, 10:30 pm
You are a beast... I think we should hire a chef, not that cooking chicken at 5:30 in the morning isn't what I look forward to everyday!

Whining doesn't look good on you....suck it up you know you love it! lol

boyerfitness
03-25-10, 10:54 pm
Ok, day two on the diet and feeling good. Weight at 144!

Stack looks like this
Pak
EAA
Flex
Omega
Glutamine

Wednesday's workout looked like this....
High cable curls, 2x warm up, 3x20 @ 25lbs
Standing static DB curls 1x15 @ 15lbs, 2x15 @ 10lbs
Incline DB curls 3x20 @ 8lbs
21's 2x @ 35lbs

Todays workout looked like this....
Pre workout (I say pre workout because Stauzenburger college here in Toledo has a personal training degree, and part of passing one of their labs is having the student train a certified trainer...insert me so this is the workout he took me through)
Farmer walks w/15lb DB 2x
Ball Sguats 1x15 w/10lb DB with a 15 sec hold at end, 1x20 with 20 sec hold at end
Smith Mach. sit squats 2x15 50lbs
Leg exten 2x20 @ 30lbs
Leg curls 2x15 @ 40lbs
inner/outter thigh 2x20 each @ 50lbs

What I finished up with...
Leg press 2x15 warm up, 2x25 @ 70lbs
Smith Mach squats 3x15 @ 90lbs
Freak blasters (had to google it because I wanted to know what the hell they were....rethinking do this now LOL) 2x15
Inner thigh 3x20 @ 95lbs
outter thigh 3x20 @ 90lbs

Oh and I used some lame ass glute machine to try it out....didn't do shit except made the guys day behind me cus he was staring at my ass the whole time! LOL

Survivor831
03-25-10, 11:52 pm
As Im looking over all of these workouts, I started to realize one thing.......I'm not working hard enough. LOL! Im going to up the intensity 110% starting tomorrow.

boyerfitness
03-26-10, 12:13 pm
As Im looking over all of these workouts, I started to realize one thing.......I'm not working hard enough. LOL! Im going to up the intensity 110% starting tomorrow.

LOL I'm glad I can inspire you. Im sure I scare people when I workout I get a little intense. My moto is go hard or go home. You can do anything you put your mind too!!!

boyerfitness
03-26-10, 12:21 pm
5am cardio wake up! Damn its cold in Toledo....23 degrees! But I did it like I do every morning. Weighed in at 141.4lbs this morning! That's some good shit dropping body fat oh yeah! Proving the doctors wrong is a good thing!!! Getting a little chest workout in later...cant wait!

boyerfitness
03-30-10, 4:37 pm
Monday~
30 min Cardio

Smith Machine Shoulders 3x15 @ 40lbs
DB press 3x15 @ 15lbs
Seated Shoulder machine 1x25 @40lbs 1x20 @40lbs
Cable Push Down 3x15 @ 90lbs
Skull Crushers 3x15 @ 30lbs
DB kick backs 3x15 @ 19lbs

Tuesday~
143lbs is morning
30min cardio

Pull downs 2x20 @ 60lbs 1x15 70lbs
DB bent rows 3x15 @ 30lbs
T-bar row 1x15 @ 35lbs, 1x20 @ 35lbs
Reverse Fly 3x15 @ 40lbs
Dead Lifts 3x15 @ 105lbs
Shrugs 1x30 @ 25lbs, 1x40 @ 25lbs

Feeling good, getting it done!!

BBWifey
03-30-10, 4:42 pm
Looking good!!!! Solid workouts! I'm glad you bumped up the intensity.... After last week, I did too. Remember NO BITCHASSNESS!!!!!!

boyerfitness
04-01-10, 8:22 am
Looking good!!!! Solid workouts! I'm glad you bumped up the intensity.... After last week, I did too. Remember NO BITCHASSNESS!!!!!!

Thanks! That needs to be on a shirt... NO BITCHASSNESS in the gym!

boyerfitness
04-01-10, 8:32 am
Did my cardio yesterday but gave my body a break from the weights.... needed the rest. Hitting it hard today.

Went to the store to get food for the kids last night and holy cow I wanted to buy EVERYTHING!! LOL I don't think about what I'm not eatting when it's not around :) but I was good...not messing this goal up!!!

Weight is up 2lbs to 143lbs but I added 4oz of chicken to diet because I dropped weight really fast in a week... not good got to watch that!

boyerfitness
04-03-10, 9:38 am
Ok so I thought I'd see if I could hang with BBWifey and try her leg workout she just posted! I had to tweak it just a tad for my gym but here it is.....

Leg extensions
50 @ 30lbs
50 @ 40lbs
25 @ 50lbs

Leg Press
50 @ 170lbs
2x25 @ 260lbs

Smith Machine squats
2x20 @ 70lbs

Didnt have a bench to do freak blasters which are sick!! so I had to sub for seated leg curls
2x20 @ 60lbs

Calf raises
3x15 @ 90lbs
50 free standing calf raises to finish

Finished with some Pilates ab work.

Today...3 days post legs are talking.

Firedrake
04-03-10, 2:26 pm
I saw some of your posts elsewhere -- and thought I'd drop by. I know a little about coming back from surgery, too -- I had my whole lower back rebuilt not quite 3 years ago, and will be stepping onstage for my first contest since I was a teenager 3 years to the week after it.

You're putting in great work, and I'm loving that you're over on the "iron" side -- if the weak-ego guys can't deal with it, that's their problem!

boyerfitness
04-06-10, 8:11 pm
I saw some of your posts elsewhere -- and thought I'd drop by. I know a little about coming back from surgery, too -- I had my whole lower back rebuilt not quite 3 years ago, and will be stepping onstage for my first contest since I was a teenager 3 years to the week after it.

You're putting in great work, and I'm loving that you're over on the "iron" side -- if the weak-ego guys can't deal with it, that's their problem!

Thanks! I like the "iron" it's fun over there. I appreciate the support!

boyerfitness
04-06-10, 8:42 pm
Tuesday's info...

143lbs

Cardio

Front DB raises 3x20 @ 15lbs
Side DB raises 3x15 @ 20lbs
Barbell Military press 3x10 @ 65lbs
Cable side lat. 2x10 10lbs
Cable up right rows 2x20 @ 50lbs
Cable tri push downs 3x20 @ 90lbs
High cable tri 1x20 @40lbs, 1x30 @ 40lbs

Insanity abs
Pilates ab series

Bed!!

boyerfitness
04-08-10, 12:23 pm
Wednesday weight 142

Workout Bi's

Cable curls 3x15 @ 40lbs
High cable curls 2x15 @ 30lbs Had some old guy walk under my arm as I was in the middle of my first set!!! WHAT!! He stopped and bent down right under my arm pit and had I extended my arm all the way I would have hit him. It took everything in me not to yell......GRRRR are people really that clueless in the gym that it doesn't dawn on them not to do that???
Machine preacher curls 3x15 @ 30lbs
Incline DB 3x15 @ 10lbs

30 min cardio

machineman
04-08-10, 1:01 pm
great seeing you guys on Monday!! you know I am along for the ride.....anything I can to do help out, let me know....

Firedrake
04-08-10, 4:23 pm
Wednesday weight 142

Workout Bi's

Cable curls 3x15 @ 40lbs
High cable curls 2x15 @ 30lbs Had some old guy walk under my arm as I was in the middle of my first set!!! WHAT!! He stopped and bent down right under my arm pit and had I extended my arm all the way I would have hit him. It took everything in me not to yell......GRRRR are people really that clueless in the gym that it doesn't dawn on them not to do that???
Incline DB 3x15 @ 10lbs

30 min cardio

Yes. They are. I had one guy almost run into me this morning as I let my arms back on the wide-swingarm pec deck.

Good work, even so!

Survivor831
04-08-10, 7:48 pm
Wednesday weight 142

Workout Bi's

Cable curls 3x15 @ 40lbs
Incline DB 3x15 @ 10lbs

30 min cardio

Clueless?!.... You are being way too nice.... Adapt and Overcome. Whatever you choose, I'm on you're side. Keep up the good work.

boyerfitness
04-11-10, 9:23 pm
Clueless?!.... You are being way too nice.... Adapt and Overcome. Whatever you choose, I'm on you're side. Keep up the good work.

LOL thanks.....the image in my head of what I wanted to do to him wasn't nice but I thought it best to take the high road :)

great seeing you guys on Monday!! you know I am along for the ride.....anything I can to do help out, let me know....

Thanks I will

Yes. They are. I had one guy almost run into me this morning as I let my arms back on the wide-swingarm pec deck.

Good work, even so!

It is unbelievable to me what people will do in the gym....I had a guy come up to me a couple months ago and tap me on the shoulder DURING my tri press down set...I had 120lbs on the stack and my ear phones in so I tried to ignore him but he tapped harder so I let the stack go cus I was pissed....ya know what he wanted....a bandaid!! WTF

boyerfitness
04-14-10, 9:31 pm
Got a leg workout in on the 9th and could have pushed myself a lot harder than I did so I wasn't very happy when I left....the workout looked like this

leg press narrow/wide super set 3x15 @ 185lbs
calf raises 2x30 @ 185lbs
Leg extensions 2x25 @ 55lbs
Freak blasters 2x20
Inner/outer thigh 2x25 @ 90lbs

didn't have a tone of time but I had to get something in. Had the next 3 days off which didn't make me very happy but it is what it is and I had to make do. Monday I got a back and trap workout in but wasn't feel very strong at all!! Plus every piece of equipment I wanted to use someone was on! GRRR I just wanted to get a workout in...

Lat pull downs 4x12 @ 80lbs
Cable rows 4x16 @ 120lbs
Bent barbell rows 4x8 @ 65lbs
Dead Lifts 3x10 @ 105lbs (got annoyed with these...had some kid staring at my ass the whole time! Really???)
Shrugs 2x30 @ 20lbs

And today because I was doing body comp ALL day at a health screening (my job) I did P90X Chest, shoulders and tri's tonight.

Tomorrow isn't going to be any better. Im back at the health screening in the morning. For 9 hours I have to do body fat readings for factory workers!! Yeah I get to pinch fat all day :) cant wait!!!

Firedrake
04-14-10, 10:00 pm
It is unbelievable to me what people will do in the gym....I had a guy come up to me a couple months ago and tap me on the shoulder DURING my tri press down set...I had 120lbs on the stack and my ear phones in so I tried to ignore him but he tapped harder so I let the stack go cus I was pissed....ya know what he wanted....a bandaid!! WTF

Umm, what made him think YOU would have one? I'm lucky, I guess, in that I'm large enough and apparently look mad enough when I'm training that people mostly don't actually interrupt me, especially DURING sets. I hope you pinned his ears back.

As for doing the body comp on factory workers -- you have my sympathy, truly.

You got some good work in, nonetheless! Well done!

Wingman
04-14-10, 10:39 pm
ha sorry it took me so long to sub into this. im definetly along for the ride. u drop by and i hav always meant to klik on over. u got some awsum drive. and if ppl are being fools than u hav every rite to get em.

Survivor831
04-15-10, 11:56 am
What's wrong with factory workers?!..........Just Kidding. You are a better person for it. Plus, it gives them something to talk about. :)

boyerfitness
04-16-10, 9:00 pm
What's wrong with factory workers?!..........Just Kidding. You are a better person for it. Plus, it gives them something to talk about. :)

LOL nothing wrong I mean what girl doesn't like 9 hours of grabbing sweaty fat??? I'll just leave ya with that nice little image :)

ha sorry it took me so long to sub into this. im definetly along for the ride. u drop by and i hav always meant to klik on over. u got some awsum drive. and if ppl are being fools than u hav every rite to get em.

Ha THANKS!

Umm, what made him think YOU would have one? I'm lucky, I guess, in that I'm large enough and apparently look mad enough when I'm training that people mostly don't actually interrupt me, especially DURING sets. I hope you pinned his ears back.

As for doing the body comp on factory workers -- you have my sympathy, truly.

You got some good work in, nonetheless! Well done!

Maybe he thought since I'm the fitness director for the facility that I always carry them perhaps in my bra? LOL I barley have boobs maybe I can start padding with bandaids!!

Wingman
04-16-10, 9:06 pm
u headin down to the OV ABC?

boyerfitness
04-18-10, 2:19 pm
u headin down to the OV ABC?

No...I have to work! Sucks!

Wingman
04-18-10, 3:39 pm
No...I have to work! Sucks!

god dammit! =( that really does suck. well i hope u will make it out to another one!

boyerfitness
04-20-10, 9:29 pm
So Saturday I had a 6 hour training for Pilates where I did most of the demonstrating of exercises. At these trainings if you demonstrate you get to workout and not sit so it's worth it, rested on Sunday and today I did 30min cardio and 30 min of abs. I'm ordered to take a break on the upper body weights until the doctor knows what is going on with my shoulder, :( not good and doesn't make me very happy!!! Going to hit legs hard tomorrow since I can still do those.

boyerfitness
04-22-10, 8:49 pm
137lbs

Legs extensions
1x15 @ 30lbs
1x15 @ 60lbs
2x15 @ 90lbs
1x15 @ 100lbs

Freak blasters
3x20

Leg press
4x15 @ 280lbs

Inner/outter thigh
3x15 @ 90lbs

30 min pilates reformer
15 min pilates mat
15 min insanity abs

3.5 mile run

Firedrake
04-22-10, 8:51 pm
Solid leg day!

What's going on with the shoulder?

boyerfitness
04-26-10, 10:49 pm
Solid leg day!

What's going on with the shoulder?

Thanks!!
It may be a supraspinatus impingement or I could have messed up the labrum.....I have to see the ortho to tell me for sure. I just know it hurts like hell and I don't like not lifting!!!

boyerfitness
04-26-10, 10:57 pm
So today might have been the single most shittiest day of my life! I was told at the end of the day that I was "laid off" that due to budget cuts my position was being eliminated...fabulous right?!? I am good at what I do, I have heart, I have been on the news for these people, in the paper and the person they go to for all of their fitness advice....yet I'm the one they are letting go....hmmmmmm I'm not bitter no, no I feel bad for them because by the time they realize what they let go I'll be long gone!! I have been told for years I am better than what they give me and now I am going to prove it!!!

westlake345
04-26-10, 11:08 pm
man screw those guys. They have nothing. Don't worry about it you will be back on your feet no problem. You got all of us here.

Survivor831
04-26-10, 11:19 pm
The way I look at it, this is a good thing. For every bad thing that has gone wrong in my life, two good things have come out of it. Something bigger and better is in store for you. You are a fighter.......Take a second, remember what you've overcome and then kick'em in the ASS!

Firedrake
04-27-10, 9:03 am
So today might have been the single most shittiest day of my life! I was told at the end of the day that I was "laid off" that due to budget cuts my position was being eliminated...fabulous right?!? I am good at what I do, I have heart, I have been on the news for these people, in the paper and the person they go to for all of their fitness advice....yet I'm the one they are letting go....hmmmmmm I'm not bitter no, no I feel bad for them because by the time they realize what they let go I'll be long gone!! I have been told for years I am better than what they give me and now I am going to prove it!!!

Well, I'm sorry it was so abrupt -- I've been there. On the other hand, now you have the chance to prove how much better you are!

Go get it!

MR.TeachFreak
04-27-10, 11:54 am

I feel you on this one. It looks like I can't even find a job because of the teaching positions cut. Always look towards the positive. Now you have the perfect chance to show them what they lost. Also gives you great motivation for the gym too. And just remember you have been through and survived worse.

boyerfitness
04-29-10, 8:50 pm
Wednesday's workout
DB press 4x18 @ 20lbs
DB Flys 4x18 @ 15lbs
Machine press 4x18 @ 70lbs
Cable flys 4x18 @ 30lbs

Tri cable press 4x18 @ 80lbs
Laying DB 4x18 @ 10lbs
High cable tri's 3x15 @ 50lbs (had to drop weight on this shoulder was a little crunchy)

30 min cardio on the AMT
Pilates and insanity abs

Did some Yoga today to find my inner strenght LOL wasn't bad but it wasn't iron ;) had to relax.....already had a second interview with a Y in Morgan Hill CA!!! Keepin my fingers crossed. Thanks for all the support guys!!

Firedrake
04-29-10, 8:55 pm
You're doing great work! Yeah, yoga doesn't quite do the same thing for me that the iron does.

boyerfitness
04-29-10, 9:04 pm
man screw those guys. They have nothing. Don't worry about it you will be back on your feet no problem. You got all of us here.

Thanks for the support and the way I look at it I know a tone of really strong people to help me when I have to move! LOL

Well, I'm sorry it was so abrupt -- I've been there. On the other hand, now you have the chance to prove how much better you are!

Go get it!

Thanks....I think I will go get it!!

I feel you on this one. It looks like I can't even find a job because of the teaching positions cut. Always look towards the positive. Now you have the perfect chance to show them what they lost. Also gives you great motivation for the gym too. And just remember you have been through and survived worse.

Thanks! You are right about the motivation for the gym and you are rignt I have been through a lot worse. It's my turn now that job didn't define me.

boyerfitness
04-29-10, 9:09 pm
The way I look at it, this is a good thing. For every bad thing that has gone wrong in my life, two good things have come out of it. Something bigger and better is in store for you. You are a fighter.......Take a second, remember what you've overcome and then kick'em in the ASS!

Man you got that right!! I had my second interview today for a position in CA plus yesterday I had two other job offers....I just needed a smack in the face and to remember that losing that job is nothing compared to what i've been through! And in the end I wont have to kick'em in the ASS cus they'll be kickin their own asses for letting me go! :)

boyerfitness
05-04-10, 3:29 pm
So today started with a trip to the ortho.....diagnosis biceps tendonitis which is good considering it could have been worse. Got a shot of cortisone and some gel to put on it and was told to use the toddle weights for a couple of days. :) oh yeah!! Then this afternoon I got a call from the job in California and they are flying me out to meet them!!! Plus I've had two solid workouts this week already.....so screw the haters!!!

Cardio 30 min
Seated Cable pulls 1x18 warm up @ 60lbs
4x18 @ 100lbs

Straight bar bent rows
1x10 @ 40lbs (kinda felt it in the shoulder)
4x18 @ 30lbs

Dead Lifts
4x18 @ 115lbs

Calf raises on smith machine
1x20 @ 70lbs
1x25 @ 70lbs
2x20 @ 120lbs

Cardio 30min
Cable curls 1x18 warm up @ 25lbs
1x18 @ 35lbs
2x18 @ 40lbs
1x25 @ 20lbs

High Cable curls
2x18 @ 30lbs
2x18 @ 20lbs

Tri push downs
1x18 @ 90lbs
3x18 @ 100lbs

bench dips
2x failure

Pilates and insanity abs 20 min

Firedrake
05-04-10, 4:32 pm
Great work, but I said that on your blog.

Where in California?

boyerfitness
05-05-10, 12:33 pm
Great work, but I said that on your blog.

Where in California?

Thanks and the job is in Morgan Hill, CA I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Survivor831
05-05-10, 7:19 pm
Leaving the great state of Ohio?........Can't say I blame you much. Whatever happens, I wish you all the best.

boyerfitness
07-08-10, 11:07 pm
Awhhhhh it's good to be back on the forvm!! So I picked up, sold everything I own (not clothes) and freaking moved to California from Ohio!! WTF yeah i'm crazy!! I am inspired to keep doing what I'm doing because of this shit! If I may say there is some fucking amazing talent on this forum......far and few between have the heart to do what we do, many don't understand it and even more think it's weird. I am fortunate to share this passion with my best friend/husband and this forum.....Damn enough with the sappy shit. I am here for a goal and I am my maker. Like I said.....I was gone from the forum but I was never out of the game!!!!!!!

Survivor831
07-08-10, 11:56 pm
Welcome back. I am looking forward to seeing where you take this thing. You have to be more motivated than ever.

braves561
07-09-10, 12:07 am
Awesome story and journal bud!

Wingman
07-09-10, 12:44 am
was wonderin where u went (this is Drew3377 BTW...idk if u knew i gotta name change or not)

B. Rowe
07-09-10, 1:17 am
Awhhhhh it's good to be back on the forvm!! So I picked up, sold everything I own (not clothes) and freaking moved to California from Ohio!! WTF yeah i'm crazy!! I am inspired to keep doing what I'm doing because of this shit! If I may say there is some fucking amazing talent on this forum......far and few between have the heart to do what we do, many don't understand it and even more think it's weird. I am fortunate to share this passion with my best friend/husband and this forum.....Damn enough with the sappy shit. I am here for a goal and I am my maker. Like I said.....I was gone from the forum but I was never out of the game!!!!!!!

Its great to hear that you are taking lifes struggles and turning them around to becoming a better you. Not many people have the courage to fight back after what you dealt with nor would they have to guts to up and move half way across the country for a new begining. Congratulations on being a fighter and best of luck with your future endeavours

boyerfitness
07-11-10, 2:33 am
was wonderin where u went (this is Drew3377 BTW...idk if u knew i gotta name change or not)

Haha! it's good to be back I did know you changed the name.... Driving from Ohio to Cali is not something I want to do again in the near future! But I learned a lot about who I was and where I want to be! Thanks for the support!!

boyerfitness
07-11-10, 2:34 am
Its great to hear that you are taking lifes struggles and turning them around to becoming a better you. Not many people have the courage to fight back after what you dealt with nor would they have to guts to up and move half way across the country for a new begining. Congratulations on being a fighter and best of luck with your future endeavours

Thanks Brad!

boyerfitness
07-11-10, 2:37 am
Welcome back. I am looking forward to seeing where you take this thing. You have to be more motivated than ever.

Thanks Its good to be back! Motivated doesn't even begin to describe it!! Keep watching you'll see.

machineman
07-12-10, 4:34 am
Glad to see you guys land on your feet! I was shocked when Eric told me you were in Cali!! I haven't been on much lately but you know I will always be in your corner!! Let me know if you ever come back this way. Will have a dinner prepped for ya!

boyerfitness
07-14-10, 12:29 am
Glad to see you guys land on your feet! I was shocked when Eric told me you were in Cali!! I haven't been on much lately but you know I will always be in your corner!! Let me know if you ever come back this way. Will have a dinner prepped for ya!

Thanks man! the support is always welcome and we will definitely give you a call if we come back to Toledo.

boyerfitness
07-14-10, 12:38 am
BB Flat bench (wide) - 2x12 W/U
3x12 @ 65lbs

Seated Chest
3x12 @70lbs - nice and slow with good contractions at the top

DB Incline
3x12 @ 35lbs

DB Incline flye
3x12 @ 20lbs

Unassisted Dips - 3x8

Pec Dec
3x15 @ 60lbs

2 sets of push-ups to failure......ouch

Abs - Insanity mixed with Pilates...

Wingman
07-14-10, 10:10 am
3x12 @ 65lbs

Seated Chest

DB Incline
3x12 @ 35lbs

DB Incline flye
3x12 @ 20lbs

Unassisted Dips - 3x8

Pec Dec
3x15 @ 60lbs

Solid session. Nice dips, and some good benching and volume going on right there. So where at in California are you residing?

Survivor831
07-14-10, 10:34 am
3x12 @ 65lbs

Seated Chest

DB Incline
3x12 @ 35lbs

DB Incline flye
3x12 @ 20lbs

Unassisted Dips - 3x8

Pec Dec
3x15 @ 60lbs

Those weights look heavier than last time..........LOL! You are motivated. Keep kicking ass, and don't even worry about taking names. Those people aren't that important anyway.

boyerfitness
07-14-10, 8:44 pm
Solid session. Nice dips, and some good benching and volume going on right there. So where at in California are you residing?

thanks! Yeah those dips shocked the hell out of me in the past those have been my weak point. I guess the California air is making me stronger! LOL Im in Morgan Hill just south of San Jose...got the best views out my window. A nice big effing mountain Im going to climb one of these weekends....

Those weights look heavier than last time..........LOL! You are motivated. Keep kicking ass, and don't even worry about taking names. Those people aren't that important anyway.

LOL for sure motivated to kick some ass in the gym....weights have been feeling really solid and sessions have been strong. and your right those names don't mean shit I know who I am!!

boyerfitness
07-14-10, 9:04 pm
woke up at 3:30am.....feeling my shoulder workout from yesterday....ouch

Seated military press machine - 3 W/U sets

DB military press
4x12 @ 25lbs

DB side lateral raises
3x15 @ 15lbs

DB bent rear delt
3x12 @ 15lbs

BB upright rows
3x12 @ 40lbs

BB shrugs front
3x20 @ 65lbs

Seated calf
2 plates x 30x3

So that was what I woke up feeling....today

5am taught a killer boot camp class

8:30am taught an advanced boot camp class followed by a killer half hour session of just abs!

No more weights today LOL. Killing legs tomorrow!! Oh yeah my favorite :)

Sprint
07-14-10, 9:11 pm
only just discovered this thread, for a sprinter, sometimes Im slow...
its late in the day but still, just wanted to say congrats & that you're an inspiration. Definitely goin to be checkin in here often to see how you're gettin on.

Wingman
07-14-10, 9:37 pm
Oh ok. Well my mom lives in the OC. So i visit her sometimes.

boyerfitness
07-14-10, 11:06 pm
only just discovered this thread, for a sprinter, sometimes Im slow...
its late in the day but still, just wanted to say congrats & that you're an inspiration. Definitely goin to be checkin in here often to see how you're gettin on.

thanks welcome to my journey!

boyerfitness
07-16-10, 10:14 am
leg extentions
1x20 @ 30lbs
1x30 @ 35lbs
1x30 @ 55lbs
1x20 @ 75lbs
1x20 @ 75lbs

Squats
1x15 @ 90lbs
1x15 @ 105lbs
1x20 @ 85lbs

Leg Press
3x30 @ 90lbs (nice and slow)

3x20 Freak Blasters!

boyerfitness
07-24-10, 5:42 pm
so I suck at posting my workouts but they have been happening every night..my days are crazy...up at 330am, at the gym at 445am....boot camp for an hour ( i teach, it's a kick ass workout if you like that sort of thing which my peeps do cus they keep coming back :)) then teach a pilates class followed by some of my own cardio then work, work work cus I run the gym, home to grab my spotter and best lifting partner EVER and then back to hit the iron......Im adding muscle right now so my workouts have changed a bit. I must admit I do love it when the guys walk away from me cus I'm moving more than them <grin> It's what I do, It's what I love!

Chest day

Incline BB - 55x12x2 - W/U
65x12x1
75x12x2
DS 55x10

Flat DB
30x12x1
35x12x1
45x8x2

Flye machine
70x12x1
50x15x2

Seated calf
2 45lbs plates and a 25
40x3 sets

leg day
Hack squat machine - 2pps x 20x2 W/U
3pps x 16 x 3
super set with
Smith Machine lunges
135x12x3

Leg curl machine (seated)
110x16x1
115x16x2

Leg extensions
120x15x3 drop set last set

Tri's
Cable push downs w/ vbar - 2 W/U sets x 20
75x10x3

Skull crushers
45x10x3

Rope pull down ss overhead rope pull
55x10x3

sups
BCAA and EAA as soon as I get up.
Pak with first meal
Omegas with 2nd meal
Beta-Ala9 with 3rd meal
BCAA and EAA mixed with waxiemaize 45 min before workout (also use as a intra aid)
Pump 20 min before workout
Nitro as soon as the last set is done
PM 30 min before bed.

boyerfitness
07-26-10, 10:59 pm
Seated chest
55x12x3

Incline DB
40x10x3

Decline BB
65x12x1
75x12x2

Incline DB fly
25x10x3

Low cable flys
25x15x2
20x30x1

Defiantly know I need to add more food so I start seeing the growth I want! Need to build muscle right now.....

B. Rowe
07-26-10, 11:47 pm
Defiantly know I need to add more food so I start seeing the growth I want! Need to build muscle right now.....

Music to my ears, eat to grow....looks like you have a hectic daily routine I would say you could get away with eating big, hell it would take 8000 cal a day for me to be able to keep up with you. Hope things are falling in place nicely for you

Firedrake
07-27-10, 1:59 am
Right there with you -- time to get my grow on!

Wingman
07-27-10, 11:50 am
Some great looking work in here. Very strong. Keep rockin!

boyerfitness
07-27-10, 1:07 pm
Music to my ears, eat to grow....looks like you have a hectic daily routine I would say you could get away with eating big, hell it would take 8000 cal a day for me to be able to keep up with you. Hope things are falling in place nicely for you

LOL for sure my days are crazy! My cals have to be high right now building muscle baby and loving it! Thanks for the support!

boyerfitness
07-27-10, 1:08 pm
Some great looking work in here. Very strong. Keep rockin!

Thanks!!

boyerfitness
07-28-10, 10:10 am
Seated row - 2 W/U sets 16-20 reps
75x12x3 last set DS

Bent BB rows
55x10x3

Deadlift
155x10x2

Low cable curls 21's - 7 half reps, 7 from half to top, and then 7 full reps
40x3

DB preacher curls
20x10x3

DB hammer curls
15x10x3

feeling stronger than I've felt in along time...got over my mind and realized I can lift the weights I want so I'm putting up numbers I've haven't seen before.....awesome feeling for sure! Now I'm trying to get the diet just right so I can build, working with my p/c ratio's it's all science man getting it right and finding out what works.

Getting it done!

C.Coronato
07-30-10, 1:12 pm
feeling stronger than I've felt in along time.

Thats awesome!! Keep it up.

boyerfitness
08-04-10, 10:51 pm
Seated DB military press
20x20x2 W/U
35x12x3

bent side lat raises....that what I'm calling them anyway regardless I lifted the shit!
25x12x3

Upright row Smith Machine
75x12x3

Rope pull down - single pulley
65x20x3

One arm reverse cable pull down
20x12x3

Bench dips with 1 plate on lap
25x2

Loving the look, loving the feeling, loving the iron!

Firedrake
08-05-10, 1:46 am
VERY nice shoulder work!

Survivor831
08-05-10, 10:15 am
Seated DB military press
20x20x2 W/U
35x12x3

bent side lat raises....that what I'm calling them anyway regardless I lifted the shit!
25x12x3

Upright row Smith Machine
75x12x3

Rope pull down - single pulley
65x20x3

One arm reverse cable pull down
20x12x3

Bench dips with 1 plate on lap
25x2

Loving the look, loving the feeling, loving the iron!

.......and loving Life! Hell of a job kid. You continue to inspire. How do you like California?

B. Rowe
08-05-10, 12:52 pm
Seated row - 2 W/U sets 16-20 reps
75x12x3 last set DS

Bent BB rows
55x10x3

Deadlift
155x10x2

Low cable curls 21's - 7 half reps, 7 from half to top, and then 7 full reps
40x3

DB preacher curls
20x10x3

DB hammer curls
15x10x3

feeling stronger than I've felt in along time...got over my mind and realized I can lift the weights I want so I'm putting up numbers I've haven't seen before.....awesome feeling for sure! Now I'm trying to get the diet just right so I can build, working with my p/c ratio's it's all science man getting it right and finding out what works.

Getting it done!

Wow been awhile since i have heard the old 21 gun salute being used. May have to pull that out of the bag of tricks myself. Hope all is well, keep doing you

boyerfitness
08-05-10, 10:48 pm
Wow been awhile since i have heard the old 21 gun salute being used. May have to pull that out of the bag of tricks myself. Hope all is well, keep doing you

LOL yeah every once in awhile I like to kick it old school :) thanks for the support

.......and loving Life! Hell of a job kid. You continue to inspire. How do you like California?

haha absolutely thanks! I'm loving California....one of the best things I've ever done.

VERY nice shoulder work!

Thanks....I love shoulder day :)

Firedrake
08-05-10, 10:57 pm
Where are you? I used to love California, but now I'm looking forward to moving away. The L.A. area has become just untenable since I moved here in '77.

boyerfitness
08-05-10, 11:03 pm
Where are you? I used to love California, but now I'm looking forward to moving away. The L.A. area has become just untenable since I moved here in '77.

Just South of San Jose in Morgan Hill....home of Flex Wheeler :)

boyerfitness
08-08-10, 6:25 pm
Cable push downs - 2W/U sets
75x12x3

BB skull crushers
55x10x3 Did 10 presses at the end of each set

DB kickbacks
15x10
20x10x2

Seated DB curls
15x10
20x10x2

BB 21's (B. Rowe....brought it out again for ya! LOL)
1 sets @ 45 lbs (Holly shit this was a PR for me)
2 sets @ 45lbs I did 15's LOL 5x5x5...my bi's were blown up!

low cable hammer curls (rope)
25x10x3
-superset-
low cable preacher curls
35x10x3

B. Rowe
08-08-10, 8:54 pm
BB 21's (B. Rowe....brought it out again for ya! LOL)

LOL gonna give it a go-around tm

Firedrake
08-08-10, 9:15 pm
Nice arms! Feeling nice and tight?

boyerfitness
08-08-10, 10:01 pm
Nice arms! Feeling nice and tight?

I couldn't touch my shoulders! It was all I had to get my earphones out! LOL

MR.TeachFreak
08-08-10, 10:41 pm
How do you like the 21s with a BB? I always have used the EZ Curl method when I did them. Gotta love the workouts that leave you barely able to move.

C.Coronato
08-09-10, 1:18 pm
21s! Hell yea, been a while since i have seen those, they are great!

boyerfitness
08-10-10, 8:47 pm
TODAYS WORKOUT
Machine pull downs
70x12x1
90x12x2

T bar rows
1 & quarter plates x10x3

DB rows
50x10x3

DB Military Press
35x10x1
35x12x2

Cable side lat
25x10x3

Bent rear delts
25x10x3

Shrugs
65x30x1
65x20x2

MONDAYS WORKOUT
Fly Machine - 5 sets W/U

BB Decline
95x12
100x12x3

BB Incline
75x10x3

DB Incline Fly
25x10x3

Dips
10x1
8x2

Fly Machine
70x12x1
90x12x2

15 min cardio - incline of 6 (ran out of time or I would have done more)

Firedrake
08-10-10, 8:57 pm
NICE sessions.

Solid work all the way around.

boyerfitness
08-10-10, 9:06 pm
NICE sessions.

Solid work all the way around.

thanks...started to push myself. If the weights not on the rack you go up! :)

Firedrake
08-10-10, 9:29 pm
thanks...started to push myself. If the weights not on the rack you go up! :)

Yep. Been known to do that myself, thanks to the idiots at my gym.

boyer77
08-10-10, 10:13 pm
You were very inspiring today... I just stand back and watching thinking..."yeah, that is my bad ass wife!!!"

Wingman
08-10-10, 10:22 pm
Fucking Killer!!!!!!!!! I am tired from reading that haha.

boyerfitness
08-10-10, 10:32 pm
How do you like the 21s with a BB? I always have used the EZ Curl method when I did them. Gotta love the workouts that leave you barely able to move.

I like the BB better, for me it's a better grip. I typically hate the EZ curl bar because I don't like where my hands have to be on it so I try to avoid it. Plus with the BB I have no option of starting lighter its 45 or up! It pushes me.

boyerfitness
08-10-10, 10:38 pm
Yep. Been known to do that myself, thanks to the idiots at my gym.

LOL isn't that the truth. Because I workout at the YMCA the lighter weights are the ones always gone so I go big or go home (and going home really isn't an option!)

You were very inspiring today... I just stand back and watching thinking..."yeah, that is my bad ass wife!!!"

Thanks! You help me push stronger every day!

Fucking Killer!!!!!!!!! I am tired from reading that haha.

haha thanks man!!

boyerfitness
08-12-10, 7:58 pm
Pre
Whey - EAA Stack - CarbMax - 3 Beta Ala9 - 5g creatine

Low cable curls - 3 sets for W/U

BB Curls - wide grip
45x10
55x8x2

BB curls - narrow grip
55x6x3

DB preacher curls
25x10x3

BB skull crushers
45x10x3

Rope pull down
-superset-
Overhead rope
Dropsets for both to failure each time....hello we are crazy! Holy shit my arms were pumped! I love that feeling :)

DB kickbacks
20x10x3

and then I ate steak :) well I stuck my face in the plate anywhy!! LOL

B. Rowe
08-12-10, 10:07 pm

awww the two of you are inspiring, strength, drive, and total admiration of eachother. Great to see the two of you are doing well with all that has happened.

jrh0341
08-13-10, 12:34 am
If you haven't heard about this site yet you NEED to check it out. It'll proably be of interest to you. :) google TEAMTRESKA or look them up on facebook.

He's a Marine that was diagnosed with cancer for the second time, and decided not only was he going to beat it again, but as a way of staying motivated, he set a goal of competing in an ironman triathalon. THe site basically chronicles both sides of the journey, fighting cancer, chemo, etc and the training and prep side. Its evolved at this point into a cancer support thing as well, they raise money for patients, do hospital visits, post info, advice, what to expect, resources etc.

As for the original guy, he's in full remission and about to compete his 4th or 5th triathalon.

Definitely check the site out, I'm sure they'd really dig hearing from you.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TEAM-TRESKA/138102277689?ref=search
http://www.teamtreska.com/

So here I am....back at it and feeling good. I'll start with a little background to fill you in. I have always been an athlete. Spent most of my time in the gym pushing myself to lift more then the next guy...yes "guy" that wasn't a typo. I dont personally know any girls that lift like I do. I am a fitness director for the Y and hold may certifications for training. Where my husband and I work out I'm the only girl on the iron side of the gym so for me finding inspiration is hard. Yes I'm strong but I want to be ripped so ladies where are you? I know there are a few on this forum!!

In June of 2009 I had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor on my thyroid.....It SUCKS!! That's all the whining you'll hear from me though as I'm here and there are no more cancer cells in my body!!! Now I have to work harder than before. I take meds every day and will have to for the rest of my life.

My first goal is to compete in the 2010 Tri Adventure race in May (36 mile bike, 6 mile kayak, 8 mile hike with 20% of your body weight on your back) and then the ultimate in endurance and strength the USMC Mud run in September (8k on a Marine corp obstical course in mud).

Adapt and overcome......who knows maybe my next goal will be a figure competition!

boyerfitness
08-13-10, 2:10 am
awww the two of you are inspiring, strength, drive, and total admiration of eachother. Great to see the two of you are doing well with all that has happened.

Thanks! I owe my life to him in many ways....he found me under a rock and taught me I was something. Not many people shock the hell out of me and he leaves me speechless everyday. The mutual respect for the iron is a bonus!

Mr. Dead
08-13-10, 11:43 am
Where am I...???

Firedrake
08-13-10, 2:28 pm
You're not going to have "little girl arms" much longer with that kind of work .. .

Vaze_06
08-13-10, 10:26 pm
nice work out, well done

boyerfitness
08-14-10, 12:04 am
Where am I...???

I ask myself the same thing all the time.......

You're not going to have "little girl arms" much longer with that kind of work .. .

Once I get the big girl arms I'm going after the TTL <grin>

nice work out, well done

thanks....I couldn't move my damn arms today so I decided to even it out with a leg workout so I'm hoping I can just be wheeled around tomorrow and possibly sip my chicken and eggs through a straw! LMAO

mcbeast
08-14-10, 12:12 am
thanks....I couldn't move my damn arms today so I decided to even it out with a leg workout so I'm hoping I can just be wheeled around tomorrow and possibly sip my chicken and eggs through a straw! LMAO

2 Thumbs up :)

boyerfitness
08-14-10, 12:29 am
So my lifting partner is my dude :) only person I like to hit the gym with because he brings as much freaking intensity to a workout as I do...and for me Im crazy enough to say well fuck if you can lift it so can I!! (When I get to the 100lb DB's for bench I'll let you know) I can push myself, you have to! If you go into it thinking this is heavy or I don't know if I can do that then go home!! Fellas, if the weight ain't on the rack you go up!! You push to grow, you push to get better and you push to see if you can take your body to the edge! Thats what we do. Thats what we live for and only the Animal knows. With that said we had legs today my favorite day of the week....!

Single leg leg extensions W/U
70lbsx10x2
Super set single leg/double leg extensions
90lbsx10x2

Ham curls
Super set single/double
70lbsx10x3

Spuats
185x12x3

Calves
90lbs 25x1 /single leg x6/ double x 20
did this 3x

Freak Blasters no pole hands hit the floor!
12x3......Hell yeah this was awesome
super set with single leg dead lifts 12x3 with 45lb DB

gonna be the female version of TTL!

boyer77
08-14-10, 12:48 am

Eggs and chicken through a straw?!!! Since, I am your personal chef, Just letting you know that I quit if you are going to start ordering shit like that!

mcbeast
08-14-10, 3:13 am
Your squatting is extremely impressive!

Firedrake
08-14-10, 3:28 am
Well done -- so, is he crawling?

B. Rowe
08-14-10, 1:07 pm
Did you like the SLD? Its great you two get to train together, I love hittin the gym with my girl although we dont train together (her being 100lbs me 240) but we do play bball to warm up alot. Makes the gym even more enjoyable and adds a closer bond in the relationship.

Sprint
08-14-10, 1:11 pm
Did you like the SLD? Its great you two get to train together, I love hittin the gym with my girl although we dont train together (her being 100lbs me 240) but we do play bball to warm up alot. Makes the gym even more enjoyable and adds a closer bond in the relationship.

Got a good thing goin on there bro.

boyerfitness
08-14-10, 11:26 pm

The SLD's were killer. Going to use those again for sure. It's cool to train together...we get a lot of looks and even more guys walking away because I'm lifting as much or more than them and I don't know any girls here that lift like I do. I sit right now at 148 and 5'9 but I'm trying to bulk. I have a show in mind and want to step on the BB stage next spring and it helps that the support is there from home.

boyerfitness
08-14-10, 11:27 pm
Well done -- so, is he crawling?

on his hands and dragging his limbs behind him!! LOL

Firedrake
08-14-10, 11:36 pm
on his hands and dragging his limbs behind him!! LOL

I wish my leg day had gone quite so well . . .

boyerfitness
08-19-10, 11:15 pm
I wish my leg day had gone quite so well . . .

you'll get it next time! :)

boyerfitness
08-19-10, 11:26 pm
So I took Saturday and Sunday off...went to workout on Monday and wasn't feeling good. Half way through my first set of incline bench after I almost dropped the damn bar on me I made the wise decision to call it a day. Because Im not going to be any good hurt! I went home took some PM and hit the bed......Tuesday I snuggled with my two babies all day and Wednesday I had to put them on a plane to Ohio for the school year. It totally sucks and I'm pissed I had to do it but whatever I'll get through it. Wasn't feeling it today so I took today to load up on the food I needed and tomorrow I'm going to hit it hard. Rest period is over the gym is calling!!!

B. Rowe
08-27-10, 11:39 pm
Hope those rest days did you well. Sorry to hear you had to part with your children for the school year, never easy to have to leave your children even if for a day.

boyerfitness
10-19-10, 11:45 pm
Hey guys what's up? Must say I have missed it in here.....it is a bit addicting. I stepped out to re focus, worked on my blog and really nailed down my diet and training. May 7th Contra Costa.... I will be there on stage mid weight division BB! Getting it done! Im 6 weeks into my 18 week bulk and the size is coming along. We are trying out this new training style that we have so affectionately renamed WTFWIT (for those that don't speak txt... what the fuck was I thinking!) LOL

LAST NIGHT

Incline Smith 3 w/u
8-5-3 reps with about 10 deep breaths in between each set. The idea is that each set is almost your failure point.
60 sec stretch
Cable crossover
7sets x 8

Smith machine shoulder press
8-5-3
Lateral raise machine
7x8
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

TONIGHT

Close Grip Bench - 3-4 w/u
8-5-3

Good stretch for 60 sec

Overhead Cable Ext
7sets x 8

Close grip pulldown
8-5-3

60 sec stretch

Cable pullover
7x8

Firedrake
10-20-10, 2:37 am
Sweet! Congrats on planning for the competition!

I love the title of the training - I know JUST what you mean. You're looking good, though -- glad to see you posting!