PDA

View Full Version : My First Cage...

TheGreatWhite
03-16-10, 1:25 am
How can I describe my first time at The Cage? Well, I don't think I can....but I sure did have a blast!

I came with nck219 and Tron (Nick and Gavin) Thursday evening. After arriving to Columbus, we decided to hit some legs.....horrible idea hahaha. We had been in the car for 6 hours and ate fast food, ugh. Plus the fact that Metro was humid as an Evansville summer made it even worse. But we said fuck it, and pushed right on through.

Friday was a lot of fun. I was originally slated to train with Wrath Friday evening, but he couldn't make it. Being ever so generous, Evan said I could roll with him that evening at Metro. What an arm workout....hadn't done giant sets in a while....definately learned a few things just form watching him bang out his sets. He's one intense dude.....

Saturday was one of the funnest days I've had in a while. My favorite part was the squat-off, especially when Kuclo banged out 30 reps at 405....what a spectacle. I keep watching the video I took of it and it gets me amped for the gym every time! The National ABC was a great time as well. We hit some back that night, and I hit a PR on deads...455 lbs. for a set of 4. Definatley pleased with that. The atmosphere was dripping with intensity, and that's an environment I think ANY lifter thrives off of. One hot ass gym, old iron plates and a bunch of people that just like gettin' it. What a night. That was one of the best back workouts I have had in a while.

Nick, Gavin and I got to meet a lot of people at The Cage. Vinny was cracking us up, definately a down to earth guy. He was eating that microphone up...can't blame him though, I would do the same! Evan's seminar was great...you can definately tell he's got his shit together. I can't wait to see him do some major damage at next year's Arnold. It was a pleasure training with him, definately a great time, thanks a lot Evan! Steve Kuclo, that man is a monster! He's definately a class act and represents Animal/Universal well.

After being in The Cage and seeing all these guys face to face, I found a little extra boost. I felt rejuvinated, and a bigger fire has been lit under my ass since I came back to Evansville. I feel like I'm working towards something greater. Bottom line, the people at Animal kick ass, The Cage kicks ass, and this was one of the best experiences I'll ever have. Thanks for making this possible guys!

Phil800101
03-16-10, 3:21 am
Great write-up bro! Glad you had an awesome time, and it was cool to meet you.

deanna7272
03-16-10, 6:33 am
Can't explain the feeling of being there watching the competitions, exhibitions, and seminars... So much to take in, but not a feeling that you could ever emulate anywhere else... Many have tried, and many have failed...

So glad to see write ups from fresh faces, I remember my first and how much it meant to me.... I'm SURE we'll see ya again next year!!!

TheGreatWhite
03-16-10, 11:44 am
Great write-up bro! Glad you had an awesome time, and it was cool to meet you.

I had an amazing time! And it was definately a pleasure to meet you and your boys form Chitown! You had me dyin' over at Mongolian BBQ Friday night man hahaha

Can't explain the feeling of being there watching the competitions, exhibitions, and seminars... So much to take in, but not a feeling that you could ever emulate anywhere else... Many have tried, and many have failed...

So glad to see write ups from fresh faces, I remember my first and how much it meant to me.... I'm SURE we'll see ya again next year!!!

Deanna, you hit it right on the head. I'll definately be there next year with Nick and Gavin, and hopefully a few more! We are already looking at hotels for next year's Arnold.

Birdman
03-16-10, 11:53 am
nice write up my IN bro

TheGreatWhite
03-17-10, 5:02 pm
nice write up my IN bro

Thanks Birdman! We're having our next ABC April 10th....let me know if you and your boys can make it down some time!

Birdman
03-17-10, 9:02 pm
Thanks Birdman! We're having our next ABC April 10th....let me know if you and your boys can make it down some time!

That would be badass man...the central indiana chapter hasnt met forever. Im tryin to get it moving but nothin yet. Ill check with a few guys around here and see if they are free on the 10th, thanks for the invite bro

slvrwolf1
01-10-11, 2:07 pm
wow sounds like I missed a lot of fun. I haven't been around the boards much in a while. I am still pushing the weights but I have had a lot happen and just haven't been myself for probably over a year now. I am planning on being there this year. I haven't seen nick or gavin in along time either. I bet they are getting huge... Shit Nick was already huge last time I saw him.

jeffrey hinds
03-16-11, 3:46 pm
This was very inspirational. I loved it.