PDA

View Full Version : Boots

Xklubr
03-16-10, 12:50 pm
I notice a lot of the pros train in boots. What is the reason for that? Is it a "look" or do they provide some sort of aid? I know it cant be ankle stability because they are always unlaced.

theharjmann
03-16-10, 1:13 pm
I notice a lot of the pros train in boots. What is the reason for that? Is it a "look" or do they provide some sort of aid? I know it cant be ankle stability because they are always unlaced.

They train in boots for magazine photo shoots. If you see their training videos you will see that they train in proper sneakers. Jordans etc.

Just get what suits your stance and is comfortable.

U Mad Brah?
03-16-10, 2:14 pm
training in boots would be uncomfortable... sure does look good in ads though

Legacy
03-16-10, 2:57 pm

A lot of people I've talked to that train with boots say they use boots with legs sometimes because the extra height on the heals helps out with squats. But I think its just personal preference on what is comfortable. When I can get away with it, I like training barefoot to be honest.

Girevik 69
03-16-10, 8:33 pm
A lot of people I've talked to that train with boots say they use boots with legs sometimes because the extra height on the heals helps out with squats. But I think its just personal preference on what is comfortable. When I can get away with it, I like training barefoot to be honest.

Training barefoot is good.

Old school Converse Chuck Ts are good for lifting, too.

GUNS
03-17-10, 8:03 am
I lift in my boots every workout right now. I am in Afghanistan and workout at lunch time. It is not bad at all. Squating is good, both regular and front, but I would rather have flat soled shoes for calves. Everything else they are good.

Bard of Rage
03-17-10, 9:27 am
training in boots would be uncomfortable... sure does look good in ads though

Looks good if you look the part...I've had to do that when I forgot my workout shoes at home and felt like an idiot the whole time.

C.Coronato
03-17-10, 2:01 pm
I actually deadlifted in The Cage with my boots, i liked it, but i dont know if you want to train like that all the time.

Most of the time i use my older Nike Mid Dunks that have a flat bottom.

Big C
03-17-10, 2:04 pm
I actually love training legs in my boots.....but don't wear them for my other workouts.

PIJW
03-17-10, 2:07 pm
When i as in iraq i trained in boots, but it was just easier after a 12 hour shift. Now back here in and out of the corps i just use flat bottom shoes.

xlionx
03-21-10, 12:50 am
i wear boots alot actually umn it started when i would pull plates or drop em.....and it landed on my toe....lol so now i wear steel toes.And sometime in the winter i wear my boots and just dont care bout changing them

ldskenpo
03-21-10, 1:41 am
before i went afghanistan, i wore a set of exospeeds all the time ( they were boots, but felt like sneakers) over there i walked out of them, now a days i wear regular pt shoes, except for deadlifts and squats- for those i wear wrestling shoes ( got a pair issued to me)

mark!
03-21-10, 1:44 am
i wear boots alot actually umn it started when i would pull plates or drop em.....and it landed on my toe....lol so now i wear steel toes.And sometime in the winter i wear my boots and just dont care bout changing them

Just make sure you don't drop too much weight on that "steel toe" boot, you'll be known as 4-toe.

My trainer recommended boots because my heel would come up ever so slightly in my chucks, but I tried basketball shoes I had, with a heel and they worked wonders for me, saved me from having to change back and forth depending on what I wanted to do in the gym.

xlionx
03-21-10, 10:51 am
true that would be no good

U Mad Brah?
04-22-10, 2:58 pm
boots, sneaks, dress shoes, barefoot whatever it takes to get a workout in brahs

jeff00z28
04-22-10, 10:59 pm
i like puma shoes cuzz they are thin they are practically wrestling shoes. with running shoes it throws off pretty much everything, even on ez stuff like side raises or alternating curls its added work to keep balance. not to mention i hate taking off my shoes to deadlift there really is no benefit to doing that over finding good lifting shoes