PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Pain

Alcatraz Rat
03-20-10, 6:06 am
Hey Fellas

Ive had this problem before and it went away, now its back to mess up my routine.
I get this pain in my right shoulder, front head/muscle/rotator cuff sorta area when ever I do any upper body excercise.
Friends father suggested using a ice pack every night for like 2 hours or such, he reckons its inflammation or sometin, it helps, but is this the right thing to do.
What am I to do, cause its preventing me from doing any heavy lifts.
Ive tried Arnold presses with light weights, all the rorator cuff routines I can find to strenghten it and what not. maybe its not strong enough, cause my shoulders r my weakspot.

Hope this is enough info..
Cheers
Rat

boyerfitness
03-20-10, 8:25 am
Hey Fellas

Ive had this problem before and it went away, now its back to mess up my routine.
I get this pain in my right shoulder, front head/muscle/rotator cuff sorta area when ever I do any upper body excercise.
Friends father suggested using a ice pack every night for like 2 hours or such, he reckons its inflammation or sometin, it helps, but is this the right thing to do.
Ive tried Arnold presses with light weights, all the rorator cuff routines I can find to strenghten it and what not. maybe its not strong enough, cause my shoulders r my weakspot.

Cheers
Rat

First off what kinda weight are we talking about?? Does it hurt with regular movement or only with heavy weight? When do you specifically get the pain, what movement are you doing, what weights etc...I deal with a lot of clients with shoulder pain but I need a little more info to help. Ice after a workout is fine, never skin to skin put a light towel over the shoulder and 20min. is all you need.

DreamZero
03-20-10, 9:12 am
Hey Fellas

Cheers
Rat

does it hurts when you're just doing that specific movement, even without a weight? i've had similar symptoms a couple of years ago and after consultation with a physiotherapist, it turned out to be a minor rotator cuff tear. i had to get a prescription of anti-inflamation drugs, learn to shift a clutch with one arm and always sleep on the same side with a pillow to support the weak cuff.

a little consultation could set you right.. if you need 1 week or 3 monthes off shoulder stress. just don't shrug an injury off, it will surely bite you in the ass soon or later.