PDA

View Full Version : Animal Pump vs Shock Therapy

ldskenpo
01-11-07, 11:40 am
I am finishing my 3rd can of animal pump, great stuff this was the first creatine supp that did not give me the butt sludge. Normally, I take animal pak w/breakfast, pump 30 min before workout and nitro in the locker room after workout, I have used stak2 in the past and plan on using it again in the future, but kind of want to use it as a "secret weapon" when i hit a snag.
what I am thinking of doing this time around is getting storm, shock therapy and nitro g ( mainly to take a break from the pills). Animal pak is ALWAYS in the mix w/ breakfast.
i think that the taking the nitro in the locker room after has prevented me really from getting doms. ( i did not take it once and i hurt bad for a couple days)
My questions are:
1. if i do like the labels say and drink both shock and storm pre-workout do I mix them in one mega drink? or do drink them staggered along the lines of the pump/stak2 stack?
2. what if i do like i see most people do and only drink the shock therapy pre and storm post, do i make a nother mega drink with the storm and nitro g? or do i drink the nitro during?

so, basically my stack this time would look like this, i think
animal pak- breakfast
shock therapy- pre workout
storm-post workout
nitro g-post workout
right now, when people meet me they say they can tell i lift weights, i want to change that to "wtf are you on?" (freakin huge and STRONG)

thatguy22
01-11-07, 11:51 am
i like where your head's at

Universal Rep
01-11-07, 12:34 pm
I am finishing my 3rd can of animal pump, great stuff this was the first creatine supp that did not give me the butt sludge. Normally, I take animal pak w/breakfast, pump 30 min before workout and nitro in the locker room after workout, I have used stak2 in the past and plan on using it again in the future, but kind of want to use it as a "secret weapon" when i hit a snag.
what I am thinking of doing this time around is getting storm, shock therapy and nitro g ( mainly to take a break from the pills). Animal pak is ALWAYS in the mix w/ breakfast.
i think that the taking the nitro in the locker room after has prevented me really from getting doms. ( i did not take it once and i hurt bad for a couple days)
My questions are:
1. if i do like the labels say and drink both shock and storm pre-workout do I mix them in one mega drink? or do drink them staggered along the lines of the pump/stak2 stack?
2. what if i do like i see most people do and only drink the shock therapy pre and storm post, do i make a nother mega drink with the storm and nitro g? or do i drink the nitro during?

animal pak- breakfast
storm-post workout
nitro g-post workout
right now, when people meet me they say they can tell i lift weights, i want to change that to "wtf are you on?" (freakin huge and STRONG)

Shock 'n Storm's a pretty popular stack. Stick with Shock pre and Storm post--should be plenty strong. If ya want to get exact, take the Nitro G alone right after you lift. After a little while, take Storm along with your regular PWO shake. That's should do it.

G Diesel
01-11-07, 1:30 pm
My questions are:

animal pak- breakfast
storm-post workout
nitro g-post workout

I'd go with a scoop of grape Storm mixed in with your Nitro G immediately postworkout and then your protein shake 20 or so minutes later. Peace, G

Maximus
01-13-07, 4:39 pm
My questions are:

animal pak- breakfast
storm-post workout
nitro g-post workout

I have tried the shock/storm combo together before w/o and it made me feel like crap...it looks like you have the supps figured out by your schedule...try 1/2cup oats plus 1 scoop protein 45min before w/o and see if that helps some too...keep taking the shock 15-30 pre w/o

Freakshow
01-13-07, 11:21 pm
I see many ways that you could work this, but the two I would reccomend are as follows:

1) Take the ST pre-workout, and mix the Nitro G and Storm and drink it post-workout, and then have a shake 30 mins later.

2) Take the ST pre-workout, and mix the Nitro G and Storm and drink it during your workout, and have a shake post-workout.

Maximus
01-14-07, 11:20 am
I see many ways that you could work this, but the two I would reccomend are as follows:

1) Take the ST pre-workout, and mix the Nitro G and Storm and drink it post-workout, and then have a shake 30 mins later.

2) Take the ST pre-workout, and mix the Nitro G and Storm and drink it during your workout, and have a shake post-workout.

Good advice freak...keep it comin!

Iron_Man
01-15-07, 5:20 pm
yeah i used shock/ storm stack. i know shock works insanely. it does. its much better then NO xplode. anyways but yeah shock works good too.

Jdub
01-15-07, 7:00 pm
Im using Shock Therapy with Storm and i love it. Shock really energizes me more than anything ive tried and storm is a great creatine the helps with fullness.

I havent tried Pump but really want to. Good luck and GFH!

Jdub

ldskenpo
01-15-07, 11:58 pm
I just checked the tracking number on my stuff and I expect it to come in tomorrow night (UPS). I think I will do like g sez, and mix the nitro g and storm in the locker room post w/o.
I dont normally use a pwo shake because supper is waiting when i get home.
I usually eat a meal around 1700-1800 with the privates and hit the gym around 1900, then supper with the wife around 2130. so i havent really tried to use a shake, since i eat a decent meal within an hour of the gym.

Diehazard
01-17-07, 7:19 am
hey bro stick with ST in da pre and da storm in da post . . .
or do as I do ST in da pre and in da post add storm t Ur PWO along with real gains cuz this is akey behind a Huge gains . . .

man in black
01-17-07, 9:42 am
I'd go with a scoop of grape Storm mixed in with your Nitro G immediately postworkout and then your protein shake 20 or so minutes later. Peace, G

This is what I do. The Storm/G drink is for me, a treat I actually look forward to drinking. I love it.

Jeff

ldskenpo
01-17-07, 10:34 am
I got home from the gym last night and my wife had my box on the table waiting for me, I had already taken the nitro so i did not try the nitro g, but i tried the sample pack of storm that came in the shock therapy, good stuff, nice taste. the other creatine powders i have taken in the past i have had to just choke down and deal with the taste ( and burn). to tell you the truth I was expecting this morning to wake up with stomach troubles ( purple butt sludge, etc) but as of yet I have had none. the bad thing is today is an off day, so I have to wait til shoulders and tri's tomorrow to try the whole deal. I plan on giving this stuff at least 3 weeks. I am now slated to start level 3 course in feb so I am trying to get as big and strong as I can before burning it all up over that course.And try not to get my jaw broken.

ldskenpo
01-19-07, 9:22 am
Last night, I was able to do the shock therapy about 30 min before workout, did workout ( shoulders and tri's) I did nitro g in the locker room after and started drinking the storm on my way out.i mixed the st with about 16 oz water ( slight mediciney taste, but tolerable if it works), went to the gym .
My numbers wont impress no one, i dont care I just focus on scuff ability, but anyway my strength was up, and after the wg upright rows my delts looked like I could balance a water glass on the "ledge", after I spent about 30 min in the parking lot helping a guy jump his car and drove 15 min home, i got home ate supper. and when i took my shirt off to take a shower, my daughter asked why i got 3 muscles on my shoulders ( 1 hour after my workout! )and i was able to with my arm hanging at my side show the three heads of the delt ( see darling, this is the anterior delt,medial delt, and posterior) been a while since my shoulders pumped up that much and i usually lose the pump within 45 min of leaving the gym.so far, i like it.
tonight is legs, I dont care about the running I am going back to my squats!!

J-Dawg
01-19-07, 11:08 am
Awesome bro, keep us posted on your results. ST is a solid pre-workout booster. Gets me through some tough workouts.

ldskenpo
01-19-07, 4:04 pm
i was suckered into another brand a while back, the instructions said to load for 5 days, do I do the same with the storm/ shock therapy?
also, do i take it on non lift days?

ldskenpo
01-23-07, 2:05 pm
I posted about this earlier in another thread, but will recap. I got a phone call saying one of "my kids" died. I got pissed, slammed down a shock therapy and then went to the gym ( some time had passed between the call and then)i wore a hooded sweatshirt , pulled the hood over my head and started working out, dont know if it was the shock or emotions but I completely zoned out until i finished the workout and noticed blood on the front of my shirt ( i had a nosebleed).other than then I think I am going to see a lot of good results from this stuff, and I am starting to clean out my diet, also. I want to be back to 270 by end of summer.

ldskenpo
01-24-07, 9:06 am
next month i was thinking of adding stak2 back into the mix. Do I take it the same as the pump/stak2 stack? stak2 45 min pre, then shock 30 min pre ? i really liked the stak2, sorry I stopped using it, got sent some other stuff and tried it ( it was free)

WeaponX
01-27-07, 11:51 pm
Hey guys,
I am rather new at all of this and looking for what each of you think about the products. Are Storm or Shock Therapy still helpful if Im taking animal Pump?

Which one of he two would you reccomend?

Would I still take that 30 minutes pre-workout with the Pump, or what would be your sugestions?

Thanks...

man in black
01-28-07, 9:15 am
Hey man, these three supps and their pros and cons have been beat to death here. Give'er a search on here, and pack a lunch for all the reading you'll get.

They're all good, but you don't need all three at once. If anything I consider ST and Pump very similar. Both pre-workout, both the newer creatines. Storm is good ol' monohydrate.

Jeff

Toni69
01-28-07, 11:41 am
Hey guys,
I am rather new at all of this and looking for what each of you think about the products. Are Storm or Shock Therapy still helpful if Im taking animal Pump?

Which one of he two would you reccomend?

Would I still take that 30 minutes pre-workout with the Pump, or what would be your sugestions?

Thanks...

Absolutely! I use shock therapy prior to training with my Animal Pump...storm and my BCAA stack right after..then my protein drink with oats after that.

Universal Rep
02-05-07, 12:58 pm
You can find one here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=853993

k1usa
02-06-07, 3:30 pm
I have tried the No Explode...Power Pump.. Gaspari super pump.and nothing comes close to Universal Shock....yesterday I hit the gym like always twice ...and took the shock twice...and on the evening chest workout...my god.,..I felt like I was going to explode.....the workout went so friggen animal....Im sold on Universal....Animal products...its the best...and this 53 year old is a solid fan of this great stuff...

Russ k1usa

Liftbig21
02-06-07, 9:28 pm
Whats up im running low on Pump so before i buy a new can i was wondering if Shock therapy would be better...I train around 5 at night and i take the red pill out of Pump and S/T has caffine in it...so in your guys opinion which worked better for yous?
Peace

Dirt
02-07-07, 1:39 am
I've always liked the Pump better, but i love the little red pill. Working without Pump is like driving a truck with flat tires, you ain't goin nowhere!

Liftbig21
02-07-07, 1:41 am
no doubt...thanks bro

Toni69
02-07-07, 4:11 am
I take them both and I love it. I swallow my pump down with the ST..I am not even attempting to swallow all those pills like all of you in that other thread.

I get awesome pumps from both products but together is even better..at least for me it is.

Lift4Life
02-11-07, 11:42 am
AP gave me solid pumps and a strength increase but Shock Therapy and Storm really send me through the roof! Pumps are awesome and my strength increases have been significant! I will not train without these two products again!

mlaw06
02-15-07, 8:41 pm
I'm currently using pump, and I'm pretty much addicted. I have been looking into the Shock Therapy / Storm combination also and wanted to see what some people though of it. Maybe i'll switch after my pump is gone

k1usa
02-15-07, 8:43 pm
I use the Shock pre...storm post.....and its the best for this old guy...no jitters...just a good focus and pump....

thats it bro...

Bam Bam
02-15-07, 8:46 pm
Ive heard great things about both of these supps. I tried sample packs of both and was pretty impressed. I actually put up record numbers that day. I am planning on takin them again soon. Im gonna mix the storm with Nitro G postworkout. We can thank G-Diesel for that concoction.

ldskenpo
02-19-07, 8:54 pm
ok, it has been 3-4 weeks since i started using shock therapy and storm.
i took GDiesel's advice and do a shock 30 min pre, drink 1 serving of storm at begiinning of workout and then mix both the nitro g and storm in the locker room after, I started at 247, this morning i weighed 258, my weights have gone up significantly in all lifts, my shoulders and upper back have filled out, and today someone asked me during my workout"excuse me sir, but does it hurt for the veins to stick out in the front of your shoulders like that?" and i was just standing there in between sets rest.
I have tried 5 or 6 other types of creatine with alot of complaints and with storm i have none of those complaints- no sour taste, no butt-sludge, etc.
storm and shock therapy have become must-haves for me.

TufffGuY
03-06-07, 4:15 pm
wut do u think would be a better combo
pre: shock therapy/ post: storm
Pre: animal pump / Post: animal Nitro

taste wise?
Price wise?
quality wise?

k1usa
03-06-07, 4:18 pm
I use the Shock pre...Storm post...but....getting the samples of the Pump next week...so...Ill give them a shot with the pre workout....the combo Im using is great so far....Animal sups are the best...bottom line...nothing comes close...

CitadelArmyJAG
03-06-07, 4:26 pm
I use the Shock pre...Storm post...but....getting the samples of the Pump next week...so...Ill give them a shot with the pre workout....the combo Im using is great so far....Animal sups are the best...bottom line...nothing comes close...

X2...

Will let you know after I use my Animal Pump samples...
Until then -I gotta keep recommending my favorite storm/shock stack.

Krieg
03-06-07, 4:42 pm
Shock Therapy worked better for me than Animal Pump, but I'd add Nitro to the stack no matter which one you chose. I always have plenty of Nitro cans on hand.

Universal Rep
03-06-07, 4:47 pm
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=853993

kursim
03-06-07, 6:44 pm
As for animals new Pump as a preworkout i highly recommend it, I've used *** for quite some time, and being that I respect animal's products i decided to try it out instead. I'm only on my third day of pump and already I recommend it over ***. Incredible pumps and energy are definitely the strong points of Animal pump, and no bloating is a plus as well. As for post I still stick to cell mass due to the success i've had from it in the past. Hope this helps...

as for price I noticed this weekend at the Arnold Classic Animal was selling Pump for 35 bucks and I've found it on the internet for as little as 28 bucks or around there...so it's definitely affordable...

JUGGERNAUT
03-06-07, 6:50 pm
Not sure why somebody would not want the stimulants but if you use PUMP before you have the option of taking out that red capsule as where the SHOCK you are stuck with it. I change it up with both and storm after all the time. I think I prefer the PUMP, easy to carry with me ... Sometimes I bring zip lock bags to the gym with my powders.

***WTM***
05-15-07, 1:21 am
So is there really a difference between Pump and ST?? Is it just a difference between taking pills or taking powder? The reason I ask is it seems like ST would last longer because there is 50 servings compared to 30 packs in the pill form.

I am just wondering if there is a difference in performance or is it just an individual's opinion or preference??

ldskenpo
05-15-07, 9:14 am
yesterday, i washed down pump with shock 30 min pre. At the end of my workout ( legs) my 13 yr old son told me i was going to make him sick.
it seems i threw up all over my sweatshirt duirng the second time around the basketball court and just kept going. I say that means i had a bit of focus going on.
good stuff
Robert

JB69
05-26-07, 3:04 pm
sup fella's.

i am looking into getting an NO supplement to take before i train. which one do you guys prefer, pump or shock therapy. i am going towards shock therapy because of the price but i have heard better things about pump. also does pump have creatine in it as well as NO?

Space Cowboy
05-26-07, 3:16 pm
Pump contains 3000mg of

MAGNESIUM CREATINE CHELATE
TRICREATINE MALATE
CREATINE ETHYL ESTER

Personally i had better results with PUMP compared to SHOCK, and i still cant get used to the taste of SHOCK. That said, i found using STORM on its own was amazing, and gave me great pumps and energy. Different supps work differently for everyone, its trial and error when finding your perfect stack. All i can suggest is give SHOCK a try, it may be mindblowing for you as it has been for countless others, and at 50 servings per tub, you cant go wrong. STORM tho, regardless of it having 80 servings, is a force on its own, amazing.

EASI
COWBOY

gflash77
06-21-07, 9:17 pm
I am thinking of trying one of the two when my N.O. Xplode is gone...my current workout focuses on strength and definition/weight loss.

Any differences between the two? I hear they both work great.

Educate me.

ProteinJunkie
06-21-07, 10:31 pm
There are plenty on here. In the meantime, the Animal's site FAQ page says this:

You can compare Animal Pump with the Shock Therapy/Storm combo in terms of ingredients and formula. The basic differences are that Pump is in pills, while both Shock Therapy and Storm are powdered drink mixes. Ultimately, it comes down to preference-pills or drinks. One other thing-if you're looking for energy first and foremost, Shock Therapy is still the way to go.

musclealchemist
06-21-07, 10:32 pm
i find pump works better, shock is good to drink while you work out. pump is nice because its an all in one type job, and it works great.

MassMonster
06-23-07, 10:22 pm
both are pre workouts right so i was wondering which would be better to take the ump or the shock??? or can i take both and if i take pump is storm worth taking?

musclealchemist
06-23-07, 10:35 pm
pump works very well, its everything you need in one pack. Storm works well too, i usually take it while im working out to help get those aminos in. Pump is the all in one, and storm is ment to be used with shock therapy.

MassMonster
06-24-07, 10:02 am
so it be ideal to get pump since everything is all there.... or does the storm and shock therapy combo work better...?

musclealchemist
06-24-07, 10:12 am
i would just go with the pump. Its cheaper, its everything you need, and i find it works better.

HAWK
06-24-07, 11:07 am
Pump man...and there has to be, no joke, fifteen threads on this exact question. Do a search.

A50SNAKE
06-25-07, 12:40 pm
if cost is a factor for you as it is for me and some others, i would go with shock therapy and storm...about the same price, but way more servings...i tried the pump, and it is killer dude, for real...but i get about the same from the shock...and you get more for your money...just my $0.02...

MassMonster
06-25-07, 1:12 pm
looked it up an i can get pump for like 22.... or i can get the house mass stack combo for 50.... which i may do n sorry i used the search and say alotta torrent shock therapy storm stuff...

bull
06-25-07, 4:25 pm
man i'm taking animal pak in the morning, and shock and storm in the same drink before wo, and storm again 20min after my po shake. i do this because it works like crazy for me!!!!! everyone thinks i'm on steroids, and actually, i'm during a cutting diet, very very tough btw... nothing on this planet, including no xplode and cellmass, even pump, comes even close to this! i have achieved great results, and it has helped me get over the diet easier. i take one scoop of storm and half of ST on on training days... i recommended this stack to all my friends, and now, the shop that sells universal in my hometown is always out of ST, storm and pak... try it for a week just like i've mentioned here and see what it does for you, it will impress you!

A50SNAKE
06-25-07, 5:44 pm
looked it up an i can get pump for like 22.... or i can get the house mass stack combo for 50.... which i may do n sorry i used the search and say alotta torrent shock therapy storm stuff...

Pump is cheaper, or cheaper per serving?

in canada where i get my pump from its about $58 CDN ( $32 US from bb.com)...and thats for 30 servings...shock is about $30 US (as i find it cheaper at bb.com and, well I can't find it in Canada anywhere either) and its for 50 servings...

so:

Pump $32 30 servings
shock therapy $30 50 servings

you can even get storm which is 80 servings...and is $27 US also.

just my reviews on the prices from the places i order from...but, don't get me wrong, pump works wicked, for me now its about $$$$, as i am saving for a wedding in october...

thanks.

ldskenpo
06-25-07, 6:06 pm
Pump man...and there has to be, no joke, fifteen threads on this exact question. Do a search.

I think this was the original thread on this topic- first post 01-11-07
Robert

Universal Rep
06-26-07, 9:54 am
so it be ideal to get pump since everything is all there.... or does the storm and shock therapy combo work better...?

Ultimately, it really comes down to preference. Do you prefer powder over pills? Are you looking to save maximum bucks or don't mind spending a little more? Are you looking for more energy or don't need it? Shock Therapy/Storm or Animal Pump, while similar, while probably yield slightly different results.

ldskenpo
06-26-07, 10:57 am
when I was doing the HMS promo, I would wash down pump with shock 30 min pre, drink Big Ant's w/o drink (storm, nitro g, gatorade) during. I definitely notriced the difference in taking all 3 together- the pump/shock really kicked in and kept me going, and the drink kept me going. next time i have the $$$ I want to do so again. but until then I think i will rotate between storm/shock and pump or mixtures of it. the main point is, its universal and it rocks.
Robert

FistofSteel
06-26-07, 12:26 pm
I tried pump + shock t both and the mix was insane...almost to where I'm not sure its safe. Is it?

Skater51o
06-29-07, 10:12 pm
I know it depends on a lot of variables, but who has tried both and what were results like? Which creatine complex is better etc. I talked to someone who tried shock and they said they had a huge energy rush. I personally don't get that big of a rush off pump so that's why im thinking maybe the powders?

suggestions please?

thanks

MassMonster
06-29-07, 10:18 pm
there alotta threads on this u should use the search and it also depends on your goals for your workout...

Skater51o
06-29-07, 10:41 pm
its hard to find a thread with the specific answers. I Spent quite a bit of time and couldn't find much. Obviously since the products are similar, my goals are going to be the same. Just curious as to who prefers which more. before pump i was on a NO/creatine powder and it seemed to work well. So im debating if I want to try shock & storm

Riesjs
07-03-07, 1:44 pm
I tried the shock/storm combo for 2 cycles (2 tubs), then pump came out. I went through 2 cans of that. Personally I liked the shock/storm combo better. Felt like I had better gains, strength and pump with the powder. With that said, I also like to cycle and switch my creatine. I feel that it's slightly different, which keeps my body guessing and the creatine type fresh. So after 2 cycles of shock and storm I will do another can or two of pump (which is anxiously waiting in my locker). I am in my second cycle of the rotation and have seen better results with shock and storm.

Skater51o
07-03-07, 5:30 pm
thats what I was thinking. I have found that the creatine/no shake i had from vitasport before worked wonders. I Really wanted to try shakes from universal and if i do that, I can do BigAnt's secret drink :). Not to mention, shock/storm combo is a little bit cheaper thatn pump :)

jonsbsn
07-05-07, 11:24 pm

F YEAH BROTHER!

muscleman12345
08-08-07, 9:00 am
which do you like better if cost or pill/form is not a issue

Riesjs
08-13-07, 12:42 pm
I really prefer the st/sh combo. To change things up every now and then Pump is perfect; but i have seen better gains with the st/sh....plus it'll last you a good amount of time!

Wasteland
08-13-07, 1:01 pm
Hope this helps. It's a stickie on the main Pack section: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=305

MassMonster
09-01-07, 4:31 pm
I tried pump + shock t both and the mix was insane...almost to where I'm not sure its safe. Is it?

its fine bro just use shock after or during a w/o and pump before...

ldskenpo
09-01-07, 6:23 pm
i used to wash down my pump with shock therapy, talk about intense........
its safe to do also
Robert

Aaron_Cole
10-28-07, 1:16 pm
I usually go with 1 scoop shock and 1 scoop storm pre, then 1 scoop storm and 2 scoops torrent for PWO...Taking animal pump on my off days.

Shock therapy/storm is crazy...much better than a lot of other products out there at a great price. Gotta make sure to drink tons of water though, first couple of days I crapped out everything 10 minutes after taking it. lol

H.U.G.E
11-02-07, 12:00 pm
What exactly is the difference... I believe storm has more creatine , but thats about my knowledge of the diffrences..Anyone know some big differences? I know storm is more of a creatiNe then an N.O booster but i also read that it is "COUPLED WITH A POTENT BLEND OF NITIC OXIDE BOOSTERS"...Kinda confused on best one to take... And pump didnt work to good with me so thats why im wonderin about these two...

krazyassmexican
11-02-07, 12:03 pm
shock therapy

If you are looking for a pre-workout shake that will help power you up for the gym and make you feel like hitting the plates, wait no longer. The nitric oxide (NO) activators, creatine and stimulants in this formula will energize you while helping to make you look more vascular and gain size. Shock Therapy™ can actually motivate you to get into the gym and hit the weights!

Why should you choose Universal Nutrition’s Shock Therapy™?

It Works:

If you want to get energized and motivated in the gym, Shock Therapy™ is for you. This formula will make for some very intense workouts that will help you put up more weight and will ultimately result in mass gains. Your body will feel pumped all day from the blood rushing to your muscle tissue delivering needed nutrients for real growth. We don’t use any sugar so there is no worry about fat gains. We use the best ingredients, from creatine all the way to our antioxidant blend. You won’t find another product like Shock Therapy; it is truly unique amongst pre-workout energizers and cell volumizers.

It Has a Healthier Formula:

Since Shock Therapy™ helps your body produce more nitric oxide, you need an anti-oxidant complex to scavenge the harmful free radicals that are released as a result of the nitric oxide process. Our competitors aren't keeping your health in mind; we are.

It Has A Better Formula:

Shock Therapy™ uses R-ALA to help shuttle the creatine and nitric oxide stimulating components into circulation, whereas the competition either does not use any form of alpha lipoic acid or uses the standard ALA, which has been shown to be less effective than R-ALA. Many individuals do not like to ingest aspartame and prefer sweeteners such as sucralose. Shock Therapy™ does not use any aspartame, while some of the other popular products do.
storm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Storm® is a scientifically designed cell volumizing formula that will help you put on quality size. Storm® uses a unique delivery technology called iNOXsulin-7™, that speeds up the absorption without the need for any unwanted glucose ingestion. Storm® makes glucose loaded formulas a thing of the past.

It Has a Superior Delivery System:

Storm® uses a unique delivery technology called iNOXsulin-7™, that speeds up the absorption without the need for any unwanted glucose ingestion. iNOXsulin-7™ uses time released nitric oxide boosters and insulin potentiators to effectively shuttle the creatine into the muscle tissue during your “window of opportunity” that exists directly prior to and immediately after your workout. You can also expect incredible pumps from the NO boosting complex that will help increase your energy levels in the gym.

It Has 4 Forms of Creatine:

Storm® uses 4 diverse forms of creatine to form the foundation for this advanced formula that can help saturate your muscle tissue like no other. Storm® contains some of the most technologically advanced forms of creatine, including magnesium creatine chelate, dicreatine malate and tricreatine matrix for superior uptake. We didn’t forget creatine monohydrate, the tried and true form that has produced proven results time and time again. Introducing these four distinct forms into your system will allow for a continuous flood of creatine into your muscle tissue for sustained benefits throughout the day.

i dont think you should make em compete LOL

i suggest you stack em together if your wallet allows you to do it

Giant Killer
11-02-07, 12:05 pm
In a nutshell:
Shock Therapy is a pre-workout pump & energy booster.
Storm is a complete daily creatine product.

Universal Rep
11-02-07, 12:12 pm
Check it: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=305

GK37
11-10-07, 10:15 pm
shock therapy and animal pump are the same principle-- pre workout NO booster and cell volumizer (creatine)

storm is a pre/inter/post workout creatine matrix

i personally like shock therapy, but i will try pump once i get my sample from universal :)

storm is in my interworkout drink

peace

LUCEE
11-12-07, 5:52 am
Just wanted to know what pre-workout supplement everyone takes and which do you feel works better Pump or Shock Therapy. I had been using Pump but just recently bought Shock Therapy but I have not come up with which one I like better...Input??? Thanx

simpleguy
11-12-07, 10:19 am
I used both, I prefer shock therapy

brandonA
11-12-07, 10:22 am
I wash down my pump with ST when I have both...

-B

Universal Rep
11-12-07, 10:22 am
What I always say--Pump for a smoother, more sustained energy and focus. Shock, for a bigger, quicker kick in the pants.

Check out this thread bro as it directly compares Pump & Shock: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=305

Bob
11-12-07, 10:36 am
Just wanted to know what pre-workout supplement everyone takes and which do you feel works better Pump or Shock Therapy. I had been using Pump but just recently bought Shock Therapy but I have not come up with which one I like better...Input??? Thanx

I like both. It's really hard for me to choose either. Sometimes I'm in the mood for pills. Other times a powdered drink. Both are great products and I usually cycle between the two.

naturalguy
11-12-07, 10:53 am
What I always say--Pump for a smoother, more sustained energy and focus. Shock, for a bigger, quicker kick in the pants.

Check out this thread bro as it directly compares Pump & Shock: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=305

Thats exactly how I feel on the products. I personally like the smoother energy of Pump but some days I need a kick and will use Shock.

Upstatebuilder07
11-12-07, 11:28 am
Thats exactly how I feel on the products. I personally like the smoother energy of Pump but some days I need a kick and will use Shock.

Agreed, I am also a fan of BOTH, pump 30-45min before, and sip on some shock in dilluted gatorade water as I warm up

Riesjs
11-12-07, 12:14 pm
ST - i like a little flavor in my life :)

WordzWorf
11-12-07, 1:04 pm
I love Shock Therapy.It's the best pre-workout product I have ever used.Stacked with Storm,it's pretty much unbeatable.If you want to save some money,just get some bulk Creatine Mono to stack with it.

I have tried a sample of Pump and it was good but I can't say enough good things about Shock Therapy and I've yet to try the newer formula,can't wait till I pick it up !

Arnold Is Numero Uno
11-12-07, 1:14 pm
the only reason i like PUMP better is because it doesnt make me have to take a shit after i take it....does this happen to anyone else after taking Shock Therapy??? Ill have to go after i take it and then sometimes during my workout

simpleguy
11-12-07, 1:42 pm
the only reason i like PUMP better is because it doesnt make me have to take a shit after i take it....does this happen to anyone else after taking Shock Therapy??? Ill have to go after i take it and then sometimes during my workout

never happened that to me, probably your stomach doesn't go on very well with some ingredient in it

BigDaddy21
11-12-07, 2:39 pm

yea but i love takin a nice relaxing trip to my thrown after a w/o. is this just me lololol

anml
11-12-07, 3:37 pm
I have tried a sample of Pump and it was good but I can't say enough good things about Shock Therapy and I've yet to try the newer formula,can't wait till I pick it up !

what? does UN have a new formula for ST. anybody.

simpleguy
11-13-07, 12:14 am

was just wondering the same thing, did it change ?

WordzWorf
11-13-07, 6:15 am

They tweaked the formula and added a few new things.The newer formula has Beta Alanine and the Glycocyamine was taken out due to concerns it may be dangerous.

The newer formula always has a blend of Creatines instead of just Tricreatine Malate like the older version.

Same goes for Storm if I'm not mistaken.

Kruper
11-30-07, 1:45 pm
I definatly like Shock Therapy/ Storm better than Pump. I don't know what it is... I think i like drinks better than pills. Even though I love Pak and Flex. Who knows?

SRT4Johnny
12-01-07, 6:04 pm
I switched to Storm/Shock myself after going on Pump, it just didnt give me the effects of liquid NO drinks. Ill be starting it next week Im debating wheather to take Pump with it as well so I can finish it up. Anyone whos tried this is too much?

GK37
12-06-07, 9:48 pm
I switched to Storm/Shock myself after going on Pump, it just didnt give me the effects of liquid NO drinks. Ill be starting it next week Im debating wheather to take Pump with it as well so I can finish it up. Anyone whos tried this is too much?

no shock and storm with pump is not too much as long as you make sure to drink plenty of fluids

Riesjs
12-07-07, 8:35 pm

Too much...I would pick one or the other

babyfetzger
12-24-07, 12:30 pm
can i take the pump and the shock therapy together or is that to much?

pmug0000
12-24-07, 12:37 pm

I think this question has come up a lot, but I'll answer it again anyway. It is not highly recommended to take both ST and Pump together, because you might over-stimulate yourself if you are caffeine sensitive. With that said, I personally have stacked them together and gotten great results, but tolerance for caffeine is very high. So even though it works for me, it might make you feel like shit. I would say give it a try, if it works for you keep it up, if it doesn't work then just pick one or the other.

simpleguy
12-24-07, 12:38 pm

it depends on your level... how long have you been in this game? honestly, do you feel you need both? Eventually your body adapts to any kind of pre w/o supp so I suggest you take them both only every once in a while for a kick ass w/o but not every time because you will adapt to this as well

ST gives you a really good energy rush (yeah, a kick in the pants), as compared to pump, which delivers a smooth flow of energy

babyfetzger
12-27-07, 12:26 pm
thanks guys
i just asked because i'm a fan of animal products, but i tested no explode and i must say good focus but kick ass? no
so i've ordered pack, m stak, pump, and nitro g i think that rocks the next time i test shock therapy

Phenom
01-29-08, 1:09 pm
I've taken Pump and Nitro...Now I am taking ST and Storm and I must say, I think i like the pump better than ST...I love the Storm...and Nitro..well thats pretty much a staple to go along with my animal cuts..hope this helps

Phenom
02-06-08, 6:37 pm
I only have about 4 more servings of ST and a new can of animal pump..and half a tub of storm left..along w/ Nitro...Tonights workout I will take ST/Pump..Storm During...Nitro PWO...Protein Shake 45 mins. afterwards...psyched!

TheDarkHalf
03-10-08, 10:18 pm
I've been using pump for about two months - and today i got a can of shock therapy. I decided to take both before my workout and it was INTENSE.

The past 3 weeks i've added 10lbs to my bench (incline, flat, and decline) and added another 10lbs this week hitting 245lbs for about 4-5 reps.

It almost seemed like it was too much.....all i can say is "not now chief...i'm in the f'ing zone"

Best pumps and lifts i've ever had. Period. Don't know if it's something i'd use everyday, but for days when you want to do heavy lifting like chest and back days....this maybe be a golden ticket.

KILLEMALL79
03-20-08, 12:19 am
To me shock therpy is the best pre workout NO\energy booster around. I took pump for 2 months straight and noticed a decrease in energy the last 2 weeks of my workout. Because i was becoming imune to the stimulints in it. So if im gonna take pump i useally cycle it or take it with an animal cuts pre workout. Post workout i like LAVA haven't tried strom yet. Either Lava or Animal Max protien with Orange gatorade the orange gatorade spikes the insilin level and really helps with repair.

jps120
03-25-08, 2:56 pm
I have been takin pump for about a year now and have had no problems with it, but i always see guys stacking storm and ST and just wondering if i was missing out on something. to me it looks like pump has better forms of creatine and arginine. So if you got any knowledge on it let me know

krazyassmexican
03-25-08, 2:59 pm
I have been takin pump for about a year now and have had no problems with it, but i always see guys stacking storm and ST and just wondering if i was missing out on something. to me it looks like pump has better forms of creatine and arginine. So if you got any knowledge on it let me know

pump is like storm and shock therapy in pill form
in my opinion you are not missing anything

Enforcer
03-25-08, 3:03 pm

Bro you can do all of them. There is only 5 grams of creatine in Storm and 3 grams in Pump. That isn't an insane amount of creatine to take in. Try this if you want:
Shock Therapy: 30 min b4 u train
Animal Pump: 20 minutes b4 u train with gatorade
Storm: during your workout

I tried this and my Pumps were through the roof. Felt like the muscle was going to explode. It was awesome.

BiG in NYC 823
03-26-08, 12:32 pm
I have taken Shock/Storm and Torrent and the results were phenomenal!
I broke and set all new PR's on all my major lifts (Squat, Deadlift, Military Press) and it just kept going.

I will be taking Pump, Nitro, M-Stak and Torrent in about 3 weeks and psyched about it!

Hopefully i will set all new PR's as I am still trying to bulk up to 185!

RenegadeRows
03-27-08, 12:06 pm
owner's manual says you need not take more creatine when taking animal pump. Dont literally piss your money away. ST+storm will give you same effects as pump... difference is: 2 tubs vs 1, approx 2 month supply vs 1 month supply, powder vs pills/

BiG in NYC 823
03-29-08, 10:16 pm
Bro you can do all of them. There is only 5 grams of creatine in Storm and 3 grams in Pump. That isn't an insane amount of creatine to take in. Try this if you want:
Shock Therapy: 30 min b4 u train
Animal Pump: 20 minutes b4 u train with gatorade
Storm: during your workout

I tried this and my Pumps were through the roof. Felt like the muscle was going to explode. It was awesome.

You might want to becareful with this one b/c Shock and Pump being taken together is a bit overkill on the stim. In my opinion. Of course you can take the "red pill" out of Pump and therefore remove the stims, and you'll be set.
And i also recognize some might have a bit more tolerance to Stims than others, so to each his/her own.

owner's manual says you need not take more creatine when taking animal pump. Dont literally piss your money away. ST+storm will give you same effects as pump... difference is: 2 tubs vs 1, approx 2 month supply vs 1 month supply, powder vs pills/

Going along w/ another train of thought, taking Shock/Storm and Pump together, in my opinion would be way too much creatine..but again, some might weigh more than others and may require a bit more creatine..

LegendKillerJosh
03-29-08, 10:20 pm
I think it's become common knowledge that wether you take 5g of creatine a day or 10 or even 20, you will only absorb the same little amount. So don't waste money, pick ST and Storm OR Pump. I personally like the convenience of Pump, but if you like powders or want to take ST pre and Storm intra then that is an option as well. You aren't missing out on anything only taking Pump.

DariusWatchorn
03-30-08, 4:54 pm
If you had to pick which is the best one? Animal pump or Shock Therapy?
Which gave you the best results?
Best pump?
Best N.O.?

Big D

MassMan
03-30-08, 5:03 pm
If you had to pick which is the best one? Animal pump or Shock Therapy?
Which gave you the best results?
Best pump?
Best N.O.?

Big D

Shock get my vote, because....
Shock has 50 servings compared to 30.
Shock gives you a serious kick in the ass
Shock is cheaper
Shock kicks ass.

houseofpain
I love them both. Animal Pump provides more steady energy with a longer lasting pump. ST provides mind blowing pumps but it is more instantaneous and doesn't last as long. Also, ST is much more economic if your short on cash. You get a full 50 servings out of one bottle as opposed to 30 packs in Animal Pump. I love the both of them, they've been staples in my arsenal and I'm never goin' back.

SQUAT or DIE!
i love em both but id go with pump.....

pmug0000
03-30-08, 5:23 pm
Check it out: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=12333

There's plenty of other threads on this too.

NickSP
03-30-08, 5:26 pm
Pump - creatine is primary, a little pricier, pills
Shock - volumizers are primary, a little cheaper, powder

Personally, if you can afford it I'd say Pump, just because I'm not much a fan of NO products and would much rather prefer quality creatine, and I usually see great changes in my numbers in the gym with Pump.

BiG in NYC 823
03-30-08, 5:40 pm
Great question and it would be interesting to see the ANIMALS in here choose between the two..as for my opinion..

I would say Shock Therapy. I love PUMP as well, but Shock provides me with that "kick in the ass" energy and I set new PR's on all my major lifts with Shock..

ROC1291
03-30-08, 6:29 pm
Are ST and Torrent enough Creatine for a day?
Would I need creatine on off days to supplement with or would that be enough?

LegendKillerJosh
03-31-08, 8:28 am
Are ST and Torrent enough Creatine for a day?
Would I need creatine on off days to supplement with or would that be enough?

You don't take torrent on off days so you do need another creatine.

Littlefry
03-31-08, 5:18 pm
I always like mixing the supps up to keep ym body guessing all the time

Joff the Beast
04-01-08, 6:10 pm
I tried both Shock/Storm and pump and Shock/Storm is way better IMO. Cheaper, last longer, gives you a better pump, psych the hell out of ya before lifting weights.

pmug0000
04-01-08, 7:05 pm
Out of the two (Shock v. Pump), the first one I tried was Pump. I fucking loved that shit! I went through probably at least 5 cans before even considering Shock Therapy. Then after a long ass time on Pump, I switched over to Shock, and for the first few days I thought Pump was way better. Now that I've been using Shock for a few months I'm completely hooked and I don't want to go back to Pump (but I probably will eventually).

I think I might steal Enforcer's idea of combining ST and Pump pre-workout. I can handle a shit load of caffeine and the ST/Pump combo sounds pretty sick.

ROC1291
04-01-08, 7:09 pm
Out of the two (Shock v. Pump), the first one I tried was Pump. I fucking loved that shit! I went through probably at least 5 cans before even considering Shock Therapy. Then after a long ass time on Pump, I switched over to Shock, and for the first few days I thought Pump was way better. Now that I've been using Shock for a few months I'm completely hooked and I don't want to go back to Pump (but I probably will eventually).

I think I might steal Enforcer's idea of combining ST and Pump pre-workout. I can handle a shit load of caffeine and the ST/Pump combo sounds pretty sick.

Goodluck pissing your money away.

pmug0000
04-01-08, 7:14 pm
Goodluck pissing your money away.

???

Adrenaline Junkie
04-07-08, 6:19 pm
in your opinion which have you seen the best results from and/or which do you prefer?

anml
04-07-08, 7:38 pm
in your opinion which have you seen the best results from and/or which do you prefer?

most NO products dont come with results(no muscle,but I could be wrong)but since Pump has creatine you should get bigger from it but for energy i would go with ST. I like it a lot better(i have tryed both).

Zmass
04-08-08, 9:21 pm
I have been using Pump and like it...my problem is i work out early in the morning so my breakfast is usually a shake on the way to the gym. you guys think drinking a shake with the Pump will hinder its absorption?

Lift4Life
04-22-08, 3:33 pm

I saw better results from Shock Therapy in terms of energy and pump. I think I expected too much from Animal Pump. It did not deliver for me. I have been tempted to go back to it again but I just don't know if I should. I would have thought one month/can is enough time to see if a product is working for you.

Another reason I prefer ST over AP is I would prefer to mix a drink than down several pills.

InkdMuscle
04-22-08, 3:54 pm
I saw better results from Shock Therapy in terms of energy and pump. I think I expected too much from Animal Pump. It did not deliver for me. I have been tempted to go back to it again but I just don't know if I should. I would have thought one month/can is enough time to see if a product is working for you.

Another reason I prefer ST over AP is I would prefer to mix a drink than down several pills.

I agree wti Lift4life. I have tried both. I am now on my 2nd tub of ST and I have seen a way better pump and energy from that then Animal Pump. Im sure every person is differnent but this animal prefers ST over PUMP.

LiftBig315
04-27-08, 11:22 am
I have used pump for the past couple of months, and was thinking of switching it up a little bit. Would this be an alright plan? Any other ideas for me before I make an order?

I am currently trying to lose like 15-20 lbs.

What has worked for some of you guys?

Hoffdogg
04-27-08, 11:35 am
The Shock/Storm Combo rocks, and very cost effective. More info on it vs. Pump in this thread...

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17312

LiftBig315
04-27-08, 12:03 pm
Thanks man, I am definitely gonna give it a try.

thenothingthatis
05-22-08, 6:09 am
Which gives a better pump? I'm on animal pump, and although I feel the pump, I feel like I want bigger pumps. Does shock therapy give the same pump or better? Also, how much beta alanine is in shock therapy? It does not say in the label. I also notice that there is no beta alanine in pump. Why?

atrain11b
05-22-08, 6:46 am
I can't answer your question directly. I currently use Pump and never have used Shock Therapy, however these threads here discuss the two best IMO: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=305&highlight=pump+shock
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=10263&highlight=pump+shock

However there are a few other threads:
http://forum.animalpak.com/search.php?searchid=641595

Universal Rep
05-22-08, 9:01 am
Which gives a better pump? I'm on animal pump, and although I feel the pump, I feel like I want bigger pumps. Does shock therapy give the same pump or better? Also, how much beta alanine is in shock therapy? It does not say in the label. I also notice that there is no beta alanine in pump. Why?

I've used both and I think you aren't going to get a definitive answer. In my experience, and talking to many hundreds of users, it varies from individual to individual. What I can say is that Shock gives you a bigger energy kick while Pump is smoother and milder and more sustained...

Enforcer
05-22-08, 9:39 am
Shock- 30 minutes before you train
Storm- intra workout with EAA Nitro

bdb1513
05-22-08, 9:44 am
i've been using shock and storm for about 6 months, and just switched to pump. it seems to be about the same for me. i just like that i can throw down some pills really quick as opposed to having to mix up st/s...i'm sure i'll bounce back and forth between the two

BiG in NYC 823
05-23-08, 10:11 am
Shock- 30 minutes before you train
Storm- intra workout with EAA Nitro

This little combo look intriguing! I might have to try this little combination of Storm and EAA nitro on my next stack...I was thinking of just giong with Storm and EAA stack and taking it INTRA..we'll see....

Jay_de
05-27-08, 2:18 pm

You know, I initially thought the same thing. I've been taking Pump for almost a month now and wasn't getting the same effects reported by everyone else on here. I wasn't disappointed, because I understand that everyone responds differently to certain supplements. I ran across a thread the other day on here though where people were suggesting taking Pump closer to their workout time as opposed to the 30 - 45 minutes as indicated on the package. The past few workouts i've tried this and I can honestly say that the difference is night and day. If you decide to give Pump another try, try this approach. Couldn't hurt.

J Wong
05-27-08, 3:08 pm
Would this work?

Shock pre, storm/eaa stack during, torrent immediately after working out?

SQUAT or DIE!
05-27-08, 3:31 pm
Would this work?

yep, i used to do something liek that

KILLEMALL79
06-22-08, 5:42 pm

UNless it's a diffrent type of creatine, Animal pump has MCC, TCM and AKG, i have been stacking pump with Muscletech Creakik uses diffrent kinds of creatine. Do ur research and make sure their just diffrent types.

Mighty Kev
06-22-08, 10:45 pm

Haha awesome quote

Josepe
06-30-08, 2:11 am
Sup Brothers. I'm new in the game. I've lifted weights for many years, but not with the focus and intensity of the past year.

Stats: Male 33y/o, 5'7" 152lbs. (was 139lbs an year ago).

Looking to put on 25lbs, with 10-15lbs of it being muscle, in the next 6-12 months. I know some of it will be fat. My thoughts are to bulk and get to 175 and then cut 5-7 pounds. Does that sound like it makes sense?

Going with:

Animal Pak
Shock Therapy (pre)
Storm (intra)
Torrent (post)

Also going to have 2 servings of real gains a day.

For most body parts, I lift heavy and do one body part at a time, once a week, hour per session. Only exception is calves and forearms which I tend to work out 2/3 times per week each. I eat good, whole food, and usually add oatmeal and a banana to my gainer shakes.

THoughts?

Appreciate the feedback all.

Enforcer
06-30-08, 11:37 am
Sup Brothers. I'm new in the game. I've lifted weights for many years, but not with the focus and intensity of the past year.

Stats: Male 33y/o, 5'7" 152lbs. (was 139lbs an year ago).

Looking to put on 25lbs, with 10-15lbs of it being muscle, in the next 6-12 months. I know some of it will be fat. My thoughts are to bulk and get to 175 and then cut 5-7 pounds. Does that sound like it makes sense?

Going with:

Animal Pak
Shock Therapy (pre)
Storm (intra)
Torrent (post)

Also going to have 2 servings of real gains a day.

For most body parts, I lift heavy and do one body part at a time, once a week, hour per session. Only exception is calves and forearms which I tend to work out 2/3 times per week each. I eat good, whole food, and usually add oatmeal and a banana to my gainer shakes.

THoughts?

Appreciate the feedback all.

Here is what I suggest bro:

Animal Pak- 1 pack a day with breakfast
Animal Test- 1 pack with the meal prior to training
Animal Nitro- 2 packs postworkout
Shock Therapy- 1 serving 30 minutes before you train
Storm- 1 serving intraworkout
Torrent- 1 serving 30 minutes after your serving of Animal Nitro
Real Gains- 2 servings daily

If you are limited on expenses then I would drop the Shock Therapy preworkout and just have your Storm preworkout instead of during.

DiMattia43
10-13-08, 9:48 pm
I have been using Animal pump for about 2 months now.. I just ran a 2 cycles of pump and stak... Great gains.

I am going to start a cycle of M-Stak next week..

I am thinking of changing from pump to Shock.

I have been reading up on Shock and it seems to be a pretty solid product. Not saying Animal Pump isnt, I am just looking for a change.

Any body ever use both? And if so, which one was better??

And if anyone knows, should i take the M-Stak before the Shock, like i did with pump and stak...

Thanks..

never_2_big
10-13-08, 10:35 pm
youre on the money bro, pump and shock are both awesome products... ive used both and had good results with both. its really hard for me to say which is better...

i love pump for its convenience and it works great, but when im lookin for a powder to mix with water, or if i need some of that awesome grapeness shock is where i'll go.

shock is also very economical on a per serving price... either man the products are awesome so just give shock a go and see how it runs for you.

DiMattia43
10-13-08, 10:40 pm
sounds good... I have had great results using powder mixes in the past..

what do ya think about taking shock with M-Stak..

M-stak before, and shock about 20mins later?. I did that with Stak and Pump...

or should i use the M-stak later in the day? i workout firs thing in the morning..

i also was just reading that Pump and M-stak are best for a stack..

what do you and everyon else think about replacing pump with shock..?? And M-Stak before it....

TheDarkHalf
10-14-08, 11:09 am
sounds good... I have had great results using powder mixes in the past..

what do ya think about taking shock with M-Stak..

M-stak before, and shock about 20mins later?. I did that with Stak and Pump...

or should i use the M-stak later in the day? i workout firs thing in the morning..

i also was just reading that Pump and M-stak are best for a stack..

what do you and everyon else think about replacing pump with shock..?? And M-Stak before it....

it'll work just fine bro

Enforcer
10-14-08, 11:14 am
Would this work?

It would work yes, but me personally I like Storm and EAA Nitro together- love that grape taste

DiMattia43
10-14-08, 10:07 pm
alright..

i bought shock today, LOVE IT already!!!

now... and if this question was answered on here somewhere, i am sorry to be asking it again.

with shock and torrent, is that enough creatine for the day??????

or should i and some more??

i do

shock
Intra-Aid
Torrent

Thanks..

TheDarkHalf
10-14-08, 11:43 pm
alright..

i bought shock today, LOVE IT already!!!

now... and if this question was answered on here somewhere, i am sorry to be asking it again.

with shock and torrent, is that enough creatine for the day??????

or should i and some more??

i do

shock
Intra-Aid
Torrent

Thanks..

Yea man i'd say your covered. Might want to pick up something for your off days. Storm has 80 servings and you can get a tub for 20 bucks. That shit will last your forever.

DiMattia43
10-15-08, 12:15 am
Yea man i'd say your covered. Might want to pick up something for your off days. Storm has 80 servings and you can get a tub for 20 bucks. That shit will last your forever.

i do have a half tub of storm left...

i bought it a while ago, but switch to pump

i will take it on my off days..

thanks

DiMattia43
10-15-08, 12:26 am
so what do you guys think

if i didnt take the stim out of the M-Stak and took shock..

bad idea??, stupid?

TheDarkHalf
10-15-08, 9:48 am
so what do you guys think

if i didnt take the stim out of the M-Stak and took shock..

bad idea??, stupid?

If you can handle the stims, keep it in. If you can't, then take it out. Try it both ways and see how you like it best.

DiMattia43
10-15-08, 12:15 pm
love stims..lol think ill try it out

Aggression
10-30-08, 2:34 pm
It all depends on how your body reacts to stimulants. Try it both ways and see how you feel.

Iron feel
11-25-08, 11:37 pm
heres my question...

i understand that shock and storm work together and that pump is an all in one (one is pill (pump) and the other is powder st/storm)), from what i hear pump takes a while to kick in while shock is immideate ("kick in the ass") that day, i was reading somewhere in these forums that some people are taking shock with pump (pre) and just removing the stim in pump, is that a waste? also on off days instead of taking storm on off days can i just take the pump w/ the stim? bottom line is i wanna take pump for its known overall effect (given it takes like a week or two to get in your system from what ive read? but i want to take shock therapy for the immediate pump the first day and after done with the tub of shock therapy, just stick with pump. Does that make any sense or am i looking way into deep with this?

so my stak looks something like this...

workout days
animal pak (morning)
animal pump *no stim" (pre workout)
shock therapy (pre workout)
intra aid (intra)
Torrent (post)
animal flex (nights)

off days
animal pak (morning)
animal pump (somewhere between meals)
animal flex (nights)
*taking pump vs storm on off days smart or waste of max effect paired with shock therapy?

TheDarkHalf
11-26-08, 9:25 am
heres my question...

i understand that shock and storm work together and that pump is an all in one (one is pill (pump) and the other is powder st/storm)), from what i hear pump takes a while to kick in while shock is immideate ("kick in the ass") that day, i was reading somewhere in these forums that some people are taking shock with pump (pre) and just removing the stim in pump, is that a waste? also on off days instead of taking storm on off days can i just take the pump w/ the stim? bottom line is i wanna take pump for its known overall effect (given it takes like a week or two to get in your system from what ive read? but i want to take shock therapy for the immediate pump the first day and after done with the tub of shock therapy, just stick with pump. Does that make any sense or am i looking way into deep with this?

so my stak looks something like this...

workout days
animal pak (morning)
animal pump *no stim" (pre workout)
shock therapy (pre workout)
intra aid (intra)
Torrent (post)
animal flex (nights)

off days
animal pak (morning)
animal pump (somewhere between meals)
animal flex (nights)
*taking pump vs storm on off days smart or waste of max effect paired with shock therapy?

You can pretty much do whatever you like. Recommendations from people on this forum are the recommendations that have worked best for them. So ultimately, you need to find what works best for you.

That being said, I take pump monday through friday and just take storm on the weekends. I don't see the need to be taking the stimulant portion of pump on off days .I never take pump on an off day I feel it's more cost effective to just consume two scoops of storm on an off day.

I would only take shock therapy and pump together if you want the extra boost. For me, both take about 30 mins for their full effect to really kick in. Hope this helps.

Iron feel
11-28-08, 6:31 pm
sounds good will do!

Universal Rep
06-17-09, 2:28 pm
Oldie but goodie... I practically get asked this question daily.

tankthefrank
06-30-09, 4:46 am
If anyone can give me input on these two and which one would work the best it would be awesome.

Wasteland
07-30-09, 3:53 pm
If anyone can give me input on these two and which one would work the best it would be awesome.

Work the best? This question can't really be answered. It depends on what you're looking for. In my experience, both are good for pumps, but the main differences are: Pump is capsules, Shock Therapy is a powder, Pump has cleaner, milder energy whereas Shock Therapy provides a good dose of energy quick and up front. Here's a useful thread: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=305&highlight=shock+therapy+animal+pump

96darkhorse
01-12-10, 9:15 pm
sup guys!!

i have a dilemma on my hand :)...im currently taking the supps on my sig...now my energy through my workout is good, but i feel it can get better....i take cuts upon waking up and take it again before i eat in the afternoon....now, i was thinking of adding pump to the arsenal to give me an extra jolt for my workouts...now im already taking creatine (diff. brand and approx 3g a day) and dont wanna drop it since it has worked great for me....now i know pump has some creatine as well...now my question is, is too much creatine bad? pump has like 3g (if im correct, not 100 percent sure)...so is 6g of creatine a day too much? would i be better off taking shock therapy since their very similar? does shock therapy have creatine in it? i wanna use it for the energy and NO....so what do you guys suggest? thanks in advance

Go Away
01-12-10, 9:22 pm
I've never used pump (I know, I know) but I swear by shock and have gotten a few people to fuck with it as well. lots of servings (50) and it doesn't taste like rotten grape juice. energy is crazy and the pump is dope when combined with creatine. per serving it's cheaper also. hope this helped. one

Birdman
01-12-10, 9:23 pm
ive been on pump for a while now and swear by it...3 cans later still hittin like a champ

96darkhorse
01-12-10, 9:39 pm
well, lookin at some other threads...it seems like it wouldnt be too much creatine if i used both...im only consuming 3 g and pump would only yield me 3 more, making it 6 g total for the day, on workout days of course....some guys take up to 10+ g.....so i basically answered my own question lol...well, now the only question is, should i take the pump or shock therapy? tuff one....lol..what are basically the differences between them?

mritter3
01-12-10, 9:50 pm
i switch back and forth between the 2....when i get sick of taking pills i go with shock, and after a can or 2 of that i switch back to pump...i dont like to take the same thing for too long.

96darkhorse
01-12-10, 10:01 pm
hmm...interesting concept mritter and thanks....i like that...i might get both and switch off from two...i take a lot of pills as it is,so powder form might not be too bad once in while

MELTDOWN
01-12-10, 11:10 pm
Pump sorta just hangs out and sneaks up on you (pump and energy wise) whereas Shock Therapy smacks you in the face and wakes you and your body up. I have alternated between both, ever since we built Pump, with good results.Remember to add Storm (or another creatine) when you switch to Shock, to get your desired creatine intake. Of course your results may vary, void where prohibited, blah blah blah

96darkhorse
01-13-10, 1:22 am
thanks for the advice guys

Aggression
01-13-10, 11:16 am
Shock Therapy does have a bit of creatine in it as well. I would take either Pump or Shock Therapy preWO and use your other creatine postWO.

JasonG
01-13-10, 4:48 pm
Shock Therapy does have a bit of creatine in it as well. I would take either Pump or Shock Therapy preWO and use your other creatine postWO.

Yep this ^^^

I take pump and shock on a rotating basis. If Im not taking either then I take 5grams pre and 5 grams post of mono. You will be fine, just drink plenty of water.

D-Kev
01-14-10, 5:47 am
I like pump.
I have the option of taking the red pill out if I don't need that extra kick and I'm
training at night. With shock, I was hitting the bathroom a couple times during my sessions because of having that big drink in me before...(plus the water from my pre meal etc)

Goliathus
01-14-10, 11:51 am
Bro I'm takin the same shit you are basically.
I;ll usually hit some protein hour or so before my workout.
I'm 30 min from my gym, so on the way I down my ST real quick.
I have Nitro G & storm as well.
I mix Big Ant's workout drink, except instead of BCAA stack I'm using Nitro G, and it's doing SPECTACULAR for me.
I've used some intra-workout supps before from other brands.
I liked them, but this has been the best for me.

I'm adding Stak into the mix today.

I think youll have the best luck like that. You should try it.

So far, ST is by far my favorite pre-workout, and I've tried them all. Believe me.
Storm is the best creatine mix I've come by, second only to *****.

You've got a great combo

Mr. Dead
01-14-10, 12:25 pm
Please refrain from listing a competitor's products in the FORVM... Thanks!!!

MELTDOWN
01-14-10, 3:57 pm
Please refrain from listing a competitor's products in the FORVM... Thanks!!!

Fixed it...

Mr. Dead
01-14-10, 4:04 pm
Fixed it...

Thanks...

Aggression
07-15-10, 11:02 am
I've been rocking ST for many months now. I'm at the end of my tub with about 2 scoops left. A fresh can of Pump awaits in the closet. I'll take a week off the preWO stimulants and then start a can of Pump. I've used both, and I'm a die hard ST fan. I just love drinking something preWO. Let's see if Pump can give Aggression that lil' extra ...

Zeus92
07-29-10, 10:43 am
Whats the verdict? ignoring the price difference which would you say is a better pre-workout formula? if it changes anything at all, im also going to be using M-Stack so would one be better than the other? just wanna hear some thoughts. peace...

C.Coronato
07-29-10, 10:52 am
Its really personal preference. I switch it up, between the two. I like to add EAA Nitro to my Shock for those extra carbs. Do you want a drink, or extra pills?

G Diesel
07-29-10, 12:54 pm
I'm a huge proponent of Pump. Love the profile, love the full daily dose of creatine, love the convenience of caps. Been using it since day one.

That said, of late I've been doing a double scoop of Shock Therapy preworkout and loving it. I'm on a huge Shock therapy kick.

My advice would be to cycle between the two to maximize efficacy and to keep it exciting.

Peace, G

Maiden69
07-29-10, 2:28 pm
I use both, but when I use Shock Therapy I add Storm after the workout. Pump energy is delivered very slowly and controlled, when Shock Therapy kicks you hard from the beginning. Try both and see which one you like best. Pump is so convenient especially to me that I travel a lot, it is so much easier to drop a few packets in a Zip Lock bag than to carry a tub of powder.

mritter3
07-29-10, 2:59 pm
im a huge fan of shock...tried them both....but i would much rather down a drink than to swallow more pills...just a preference though.

Aggression
07-29-10, 3:00 pm
I'm a Shock Therapy guy myself. I just ran all 3 flavors in a row. And now I'm using Pump. I like to keep it interesting. Once I'm done with Pump (2-3 cans), then I'll go back to ST.

wedge
07-29-10, 3:11 pm
I'm a Shock Man myself. I like the kick right out of the gate. It helps me "wake up" after work.
I did use Pump for a while, but budget wise, I think you get more servings out of ST.

And G-two scoops? I believe I tried that once and couldn't sleep that night (I train at 6 p.m.ish).

PORTERHOUSE
07-29-10, 3:21 pm
I like them both. Like G said, cycling between the two is a good way to go. ST is stronger in the energy department, but pump still holds it's own. Im running pump now and loving it.

R.G.
10-25-10, 5:17 pm
whats stronger pump or shock therapy

JasonG
10-25-10, 6:11 pm
I'd have to say shock therapy.

mritter3
10-25-10, 7:48 pm
Shock is Def stronger...pump is a solid product though....pump is something u can take daily where shock u only take on workout days

Aggression
10-26-10, 8:39 am
Shock hits you quicker, mainly because its a powder, so it dissolves quicker. Also, I think its a bit more potent, stimulant-wise. Both are great products. I rotate them. A few cans of Shock and then I'll switch to Pump. I get a better 'pump' with Pump, but more of a 'kick in the face' with Shock.

C.Coronato
10-26-10, 11:06 am
I also rotate, as Aggression said. Ill usually have Pump during contest prep so i dont have to worry about the extra cals/carbs ect. But I love me some EAA Nitro mixed with Shock in the offseason.

Survivor831
10-26-10, 11:06 am
I have to agree that Shock is better.........The new Citrus Flavor is amazing and seems to have a little more kick. Either way, an amazing product.

Cranky
06-15-12, 9:11 am
Love these two products, been on a Shock kick for the last 4-5 months or so. Decided the other day to switch back over to Pump for the summer and picked up a couple cans. Did that last summer and it helped reduce some of the midsection bloat I get from drinking Shock every day while still keeping my size elsewhere. Anyone else do this or notice that difference?

J-Dawg
06-15-12, 2:14 pm
Love these two products, been on a Shock kick for the last 4-5 months or so. Decided the other day to switch back over to Pump for the summer and picked up a couple cans. Did that last summer and it helped reduce some of the midsection bloat I get from drinking Shock every day while still keeping my size elsewhere. Anyone else do this or notice that difference?

Can't beat switching between the two!

J--I can't remember, have you tried the new version of Shock Therapy?

J-Dawg
06-15-12, 2:15 pm
I have to agree that Shock is better.........The new Citrus Flavor is amazing and seems to have a little more kick. Either way, an amazing product.

This is an old post S, but have you tried out the new Shock?

Appollonian
06-15-12, 5:50 pm
All I know is if I take both at the same time, I shall sleep none... that was a mistake.

Cranky
06-16-12, 7:48 am
Can't beat switching between the two!

J--I can't remember, have you tried the new version of Shock Therapy?
Yeah J-Dawg, love the new Shock. Had a hard time picking a fav. flavor cause they were all great, finally settled on Hawaiian Pump as #1. Been missing my Animal supps as well, for the last 4-5 months its only been Pak aside from a cycle of Stak, the rest has been all Universal (UWP, Trib pro, Shock/Storm, Amino 2250).