PDA

View Full Version : Continue to have nagging injuries

Lightnin'
03-26-10, 1:41 pm
Some of you know that I posted (around Christmas) that I was having some back/trap troubles. I weened off my heavy back workouts and it has felt much better. This is long after I went through 3 cycles of a anti-inflammatory steriod and 30-40 trips to the chiropractor.

Then a few weeks ago I started having joint and knee pain from heavy squats and presses (I've been on Flex for about a year and a half, so I'm sure that helped and it would have been worse).

Now, I'm having calf strains and they keep me from doing leg work including cardio.

Any advice for the help with my calf problems? My baseball season starts really soon and I have to have my legs in top condition.

Thanks in advance.... I'm getting old.

ghost
03-26-10, 1:51 pm
have you been taking Flex and drinking enough water? also, have you seen a Doctor yet?

Lightnin'
03-26-10, 1:54 pm
have you been taking Flex and drinking enough water? also, have you seen a Doctor yet?

I went to the Doc for my back, but not the leg issues. I've got to be drinking enough water... half gallon at work, half at home. I don't think I can drink much more than that.

ghost
03-26-10, 1:56 pm
I went to the Doc for my back, but not the leg issues. I've got to be drinking enough water... half gallon at work, half at home. I don't think I can drink much more than that.

only a gallon a day? you should set up an appt with your doctor for your leg... have you taken flex before?

Legacy
03-26-10, 2:03 pm
Some of you know that I posted (around Christmas) that I was having some back/trap troubles. I weened off my heavy back workouts and it has felt much better. This is long after I went through 3 cycles of a anti-inflammatory steriod and 30-40 trips to the chiropractor.

Then a few weeks ago I started having joint and knee pain from heavy squats and presses (I've been on Flex for about a year and a half, so I'm sure that helped and it would have been worse).

Now, I'm having calf strains and they keep me from doing leg work including cardio.

Any advice for the help with my calf problems? My baseball season starts really soon and I have to have my legs in top condition.

Thanks in advance.... I'm getting old.

Physical therapist man. They work wonders and are better at helping you fix your problems through active work and not just "telling" you what is wrong. Go check one out

Survivor831
03-26-10, 2:36 pm
Physical therapist man. They work wonders and are better at helping you fix your problems through active work and not just "telling" you what is wrong. Go check one out

Agreed. My best friend is a PT and has helped me numerous times with knee and back issues.

Lightnin'
03-26-10, 5:25 pm
only a gallon a day? you should set up an appt with your doctor for your leg... have you taken flex before?

I've been on Flex for almost 2 years.

prowrestler
03-26-10, 7:41 pm
see someone in the sports therapy feild.

that is the only thing you can do. sooner the better.

Lightnin'
04-22-10, 11:00 am
After my cycle of anti-inflamatories and rest from heavy back workouts I'm happy to say that my back is feeling much better. I think I still have either a pinched nerve or a cramped muscle in my left trap, but over the last few months I have atleast felt some relief.

The legs and knees are feeling better as the baseball season starts in 3 weeks. We've had some practices and the ball is flying off the wood bat this year. I'm just going to focus the next 2-3 months on maintenance and injury prevention rather than heavy lifting for size. Stay tuned....

Survivor831
04-23-10, 12:21 am
After my cycle of anti-inflamatories and rest from heavy back workouts I'm happy to say that my back is feeling much better. I think I still have either a pinched nerve or a cramped muscle in my left trap, but over the last few months I have atleast felt some relief.

The legs and knees are feeling better as the baseball season starts in 3 weeks. We've had some practices and the ball is flying off the wood bat this year. I'm just going to focus the next 2-3 months on maintenance and injury prevention rather than heavy lifting for size. Stay tuned....

Glad to hear things are going good. Good Luck to you.