PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Dumbbells??

ENDLESSjourney
03-27-10, 9:31 am
I have Dumbbells up to 90 pounds, but that just doesnt cut it. Does anybody know a good place to get dumbell handles that you can put over 100 pounds on and be able to add weight to if I want to do 110, 120 , 130? I guess also where to get the correct weights for it too so I dont use my barbell weights.

FITGYM
03-27-10, 12:21 pm
You can find someone who has an account with Troy or Cap Barbell. They have handles and plates they can sell you for dumbbells. I believe they can up to 125 lbs. I believe Troy will sell you some handles without being a dealer. This might have changed. If you need bigger handles for heavy weight than I can have the handles made for you. I have a picture of the dumbbells that I built on my website...www.fitinphilly.com...check them out

ENDLESSjourney
03-29-10, 3:58 pm
They look pretty heavy duty and something I am definitely looking for. I would rather go with something that could handle over 125. How much do handles like that cost and is it something I would be able to change the weight from week to week?

Legacy
03-29-10, 4:01 pm
Check out the York Barbell Company. They make really good equipment, I have some from the early 80's and they still work great, no rust.

FITGYM
03-29-10, 9:09 pm
If you go with York than spend the extra money and get the handles treated with black oxide. They will last a long time that way and not bend.