PDA

View Full Version : flyes and pain

msktyshha
03-29-10, 12:33 pm
do you guys get it too? I was doing flyes today in the beginning of my workout and as I got to set 3, I had this pain in the middle of my chest. i was going a little heavy on the flyes and squeezing hard at the top.Does this ever happen to you guys?

BigDY
03-29-10, 12:48 pm
do you guys get it too? I was doing flyes today in the beginning of my workout and as I got to set 3, I had this pain in the middle of my chest. i was going a little heavy on the flyes and squeezing hard at the top.Does this ever happen to you guys?

Could possibly be a potential tear. is their strain in the muscle or just a normal chest pain?

msktyshha
03-29-10, 1:37 pm
it was more on the bone between the pecs than the pecs themselves

msktyshha
03-29-10, 1:44 pm
or more like where the pecs are attached in the middle of the chest, like right at the edge of pecs

BigDY
03-29-10, 4:59 pm
or more like where the pecs are attached in the middle of the chest, like right at the edge of pecs

Watch Your chest workouts for i a week or two. it sounds like it could be possibly tearing and you dont want that what so ever.

Razor
03-30-10, 7:21 am
Definitely sounds like the start of a tear bro. i'd take a week off from straight chest and then see how it goes. If it still really bothers you during other compound movements get it checked out.

DaButchster
03-30-10, 4:02 pm
Dont push it - if this is the beginning of a tear, you'll just make it worse. Tearing any muscle fucking blows

msktyshha
03-30-10, 6:49 pm
I don't know if it's a tear or not. Past 5 weeks I have been having great chest workouts. This pain I was having started this monday when doing flyes and it only happened in the last set of flyes and the minute I finished the set it went away. It didn't happen when I did incline and decline bench afterwards.

Big Wides
03-31-10, 7:15 am
stop doing flys and see what happens. stick to compound movements and come back to them in about 4 weeks.