PDA

View Full Version : lee priest arm workout..and by the way??

Joseph V
03-29-10, 9:37 pm
ive always been a loyal fan of lee priest,.. does anyone know link tp his arm workout

this is not to add to my routine even though ill experiment and test what works from his rutine that can improve mines..i just do this on ransom days whether its arm or chest or legs...its something i do so i wont get too bored of my outine when i get beack to it.plus its totally fun, atleast for me lol

the md videos of lee priest were so cool and as always he was very funny

Joseph V
03-29-10, 10:22 pm
ive seen a very similar comparison between lee priet arm training( there 2 back to back videos of him, hes wearing a yellow t-shirt) and schaks arm training..although there are certain differences..i find it more convienent to use schaks..probably because ive actually gotten great results from schak and theres high intensity invloved, supersets, drop sets..lees arm workout seems to be layed back compared to schaks..but non the less pretty cool research from my findings

In Flames
03-29-10, 11:21 pm
Try Serge Nubret's Arm workout.

8 x 10-12 Decline Skull-crushers Superset w/ EZ Curls (0 rest back n forth non-stop)

8 x 10-12 Rope Pushdowns Superset w/ Incline DB Hammers (0 rest back n forth non-stop)

There is no rest between exercises. You keep going back n forth until all 8 sets are done then move onto the next group. You will be sweating like crazy and be in pain from all the volume you are about to do. The pump is unbelievable.

You can do which ever exercise you like, this are just the ones I chose.

Joseph V
03-29-10, 11:51 pm
ill give it a shot wthin my next arm workout which will be in 2-3 days

if you try arnolds chest workout from musclemag special collectors edition i promise you that you will feel rediculously pumped but mosly on the lower and outer parts of your chest.

NaturalTrainee
03-30-10, 7:47 am
How will those workouts aid your growth is my question. You don't have neither the genetics nor the "juice"(or do you?) to allow for proper recovery, so I don't believe your lifts will improve from such splits.

Joseph V
03-30-10, 8:19 am
bro im not trying to incorporate these lifts into my routine if thats what your trying to imply.

all im doing or atleast trying to do is have a day where i go to the gym and have a little fun using a routine from one of my favorite bodybuilders..and as for schaks yes that routine i do use..arms, legs, and chest..the back one i havent tried because i have this habit that i mentally need to see myself going through the whole workkout just fine and satisfied

the chest routine from schak is incredible i love and not many people according to the article can complete it without making a curve or a loop whole..i actually lfted my all time best using the chest routine..and that goes for the arms and the legs..i actually never really got to work legs out because i was afraid they would never grow, but you know what, his article was good enough to pull my head out of my ass ( obviously a metaphore) and make me start doing legs..that include sqauts , leg presses etcc..

i was most impressed by the leg workout because for my first time which was impressive i remember going all the up to 450, on the squat i did about 250, deadlifts were around 330-340..and this was all in my first time..yeah may not be that great to many but im proud of what i fif that day as a rookie on leg training

as for genetics,..i learned not to talk about because only somebody who swears there the best talks about there genetics, people who dont know a thing about bodybuilding talks about genetics..and i dont need to swear,..

Joseph V
03-30-10, 8:21 am
i almost forgot..

steroids are obviously involved in the sport and up to this point ill be honest to the fact that i wont use nothing but what the animal/universal line has to offer..thats the only "help" ill ever need.

NaturalTrainee
03-30-10, 8:37 am
Schack's routine is affordable for the average person if you exclude some stuff, he is a pretty balls to walls guy. And when I say up the weight it's in a bodybuilding sense, meaning increasing it while your form is PERFECT except perhaps for one ot two reps... I don't care for the weight in the sense you present it(heavy in an objective way), because I don't believe in "heavy weight" since I believe it's highly subjective. We aren't powerlifters. We are concerned for the weight in an entirely different sense than moving it from point A to point B.

Joseph V
03-30-10, 8:43 am
ypur absolutely eight..but it doesnt have to be for the average person either,..your body has to feel comfortable doing a routine that you are performing,..overall it revolves around pump, and whether you are getting stronger with that routine or not because yes we may be bodybuilders but you dont wanna present a false package to say that your fucking huge but your strength dont match up..i believe in balance and every thing that you do in bodybuilding whether its your diet, physique or split routine..it all has to have a balance

Joseph V
03-30-10, 8:46 am
whenever your doing drop sets, forced reps dont count on your form to be completely peerfect either..because i will admit on certain exercises depending on how much lactic acid is nuilding up my arm, which forms the pump as you may know it..ill cheat on the last 2 to 3 reps

arnold once said that its ok to cheat in the end just as long as you feel the muscle working and you squeeze the muscle as you perform each rep

NaturalTrainee
03-30-10, 10:34 am
meaning increasing it while your form is PERFECT except perhaps for one ot two reps...

Why did I say this?

The balance I desire isn't muscle-strength(even though it comes on it's own) but mind-muscle. I hate big guys who are idiots, this is why highly intellectual bodybuilders were my role models except for the 60-70 year old weekend warriors who still lift. They are the true winners. This is why I am in uni and read lots of philosophy, just to keep my mind powerful and improving. What's the meaning of being like Arnold in you 30's when you're like sh1t in 50's? It's supposed to make you healthy, even though we neglect that just to see a huge guy full of crap who dies 15 years after.