PDA

View Full Version : The other guy.

USMCDI
03-31-10, 3:38 am
I was at the gym the other day finishing off a post meal. When this kid asked me when my next competition was. I was puzzled, I told him I dont compete. He looked a little stunned, then he smiles"ah i see you do it for the pussy". WTF, seriously this kid couldnt have been 16 years old. I just got up and walked away. Why is this concept so hard for people to fucking understand? Like theres a deep fucking meaning, why we put ourselves threw hell every damn day. I do it so I can face myself in the mirror every fucking morning. I could give a fuck about being on a stage somewhere or breaking some power record. I lift just to fucking lift. The feeling of barely racking that last set of heavy squats, when you were a mere fraction of a sec away from being crushed. Hobling around like a broke ass gimp for 3 days after your weekly leg session. Being jacked out your fucking mind after a insane balls to the wall hell session. Throwing up weight most motherfucker could only dream about moving. Fuck yeah thats why I do this to myself. I fucking eat, live, and love this shit. So I will never be a pro, never get an endorsement. But brothers I can tell you one thing, I will fucking have. And that is my pride. I along with so many others am nothing special. Just another crazy mother fucker who cant stand being stuck in the say fucking spot for the rest of his life. I am ever evolving, each day I dig deeper down into my soul. Venture a little farther into my own hell. With blood, sweat, and old fashion hard work. I rise again everyday to push that much harder, dig that much deeper. For I am the other guy, 1 soldier in the vast legion that is animal.

USMCDI
03-31-10, 3:58 am
Just a quick note in no way am I trying to say anything negative about Bodybuilding. I have the up most respect for them and all others that do this as a career. Just seeing some of these guys at conventions. Its like to some a pro card , means they have to act better than everyone else. I wonder how many would actually still be in the iron game is there were no shows.

IronTeacher
03-31-10, 9:57 am
it is a foreign concept to most to destroy yourself for no external reward. People look at the physical manifestation of your work. Why do you think some people buy size in the bottle? Why do you think people wear sweatpants in the summer to the gym?

Few people in the work. That is the reward for me. The release of all the inner demons, the focus of power moving something from a to b. I am alone in the weight room. Once in awhile, you will catch the stare from others who train like you do and usually no words are spoken, just a nod of the head and back to work.