PDA

View Full Version : Animal

1Ajax
04-01-10, 1:02 am
Whats up, I just wanted to post this topic to say some stuff about myself and what I think about Animal so far.

I guess my entire life I have been looking for a life, something to keep me from fucking up my life even further. Being 17, I believe I know more about the meaning of life because I was sent to a juvenile boot camp when I was 15. After that shit was over, thats when my work outs become intense and each day in the gym just seemed to get me a whole lot wiser and my morals seemed to get higher. I have been lifting weights since I was 14, not knowing what the fuck I was doing, It was more out of anger and insecurity because I let what others say about me affect my self to a point where I wanted to change my body into a freak of nature. I was interested in becoming a Navy SEAL after that camp. It was after a year of 7 hour a day training that I started noticing my potential that I thought I never had, and the motivation it took. But that shit ended when I stopped believing in myself and got back into weed and alchohol. I got myself out of that lifestyle again... and said enough was finally enough, got tired of hanging out with my loser ass friends and my pathetic excuse for a life.

I know I have alot to say, but my entire life I believe that I have always wanted true, dedicated, always there, fuckin motivated motherfuckers that believe in my philosophy about life. I have just been let down so much in my life I dont have any faith in others anymore. Weight lifting is more to me and more real than any friend, any family, and any religion. I read about what "Machine" had to say about motivational speakers and I can say im not trying to motivate anyone, I just want brotherhood. I might not see any of you guys in my life, but this website is about as close as Im going to get to read and talk about people who are like me. If you guys want to talk some more just fucking comment or somethin, Peace!

C.Coronato
04-01-10, 9:53 am
Welcome my man, deep ass story. Start up a journey and get on that path brother. Noone is holding you back, except yourself.

dannynb
04-01-10, 10:16 am
Welcome home.

TheGreatWhite
04-02-10, 12:10 am
Good shit here man...looking forward to the writing in this thread! Just keep that head on straight and you'll be good to go.

1Ajax
04-02-10, 11:29 pm
I believe that when i'm making a decision or want something, the only way for me to see if what I really want is WHAT I REALLY WANT is to leave it up to the weight room. Because its the only place for me to really look deep inside myself and say "is it worth it?" and if it is I will know. Shit there are times when tears start coming out of eyes during some hardcore sets. I may look like a bitch but thats what gets me through my workouts, I think about all the things i'm sacrificing, the things that all normal teenagers get to have. But I know that all the pain is so much worth it. I guess thats why I keep coming back to the gym. Its fucking therapy bros, in a way that you can't explain to anyone else except the people that go through it with you. No one else cares or gives a shit. I dont ever really work out with anyone but if I did, the pain that we go through is like a huge bonding. And when its done, hands down greatest feeling in the world.

1Ajax
04-03-10, 11:20 pm
Since my thread seems to be very popular... I got some more things to say.

Before going to camp paradise, Picture a: long blonde haired, skinny bastard, shirts that were to big, could not give a shit about life person. If you guys have ever heard of ICP, they got a group called Juggalos that I was in. It is a so called "family" that would always be there for you, wouldnt judge you and always had your back. I wanted to be a juggalo because after getting my smart ass kicked and put on youtube when I was in 9th grade, I felt like everyone just thought I was a big joke and like everyday so punk ass kid would call me a pussy or say something smart. I would just sit there and let that person say those things to me, every time. I had no more friends because the ones that I was hanging with since 3rd grade, were fucking with me and kicking my ass too. It was easy for them because I weigh exactly 98 pounds and my height was like 5'9. So I was pretty much all alone in high school with a video that showed everyone, before they met me, a first impression that everyone was talking about for the longest fucking time. You would think people would forget but not in the southern baptist, stereotypical bullshit city I live in. Lets take a step back and lets go over a couple of things that you may be thinkin.
1. This kid has alot of problems
2.Quit crying like a bitch
Yea I know I am, but if you guys are my brothers then you need to understand where I come from completely. So, Juggalos, yea i formed this click with a guy that I was hanging out with named tyler. Long story short, when the time came for this dudes to be my "family" they left me in the dust. Typical standard teenagers. That night before I was taken to my "Camp Paradise" I really wanted to change my life around. That thought is what really sparked my turnaround, which is so far the most remarkable moment in my life. That camp showed me how to be a fuckin man.

1Ajax
04-03-10, 11:48 pm
They shaved my head, gave me a duffel bag and some clothes. That told me that everything that I ever wanted was no longer important. The only thing that matters is: food, clothing, shelter. The three basic needs. This wasnt a normal camp because the camp was in the woods. I slept in a fuckin teepee and only went inside was when we had to eat. Which the food was good as hell. We woke up at 5:00 every day and had to do P.T. for and hour and a half every morning to get us in shape for course. Course was an entire week trip to the mountains were we rucksacked every day for 10 miles and ate small bits of food. If you ever want to lose weight, do some shit like that because I lost 20 pounds that week. No lie. We did team building exercises and had hour a day talks about life and how we are fucking it up. after that, we would do chores like lifting logs, chopping wood, and mulching trails. After a while you get used to the same routine, hell I even forgot about leaving the damn place. Being harrassed and yelled at was even old and boring. I noticed how mentally tough I was becoming. I even celebrated my 16 birthday on top of a mountain. When I finally met my parents, they were very proud at how I acted and treated them. Hell, I was shocked It was all over with after 4 months. Coming home was a big change. Even school. I came back weighing 160, lean and with a shaved head. Like all high schools, people went ape shit about my return. It was mostly the big change in my attitude that threw everybody off. I loved seeing the faces of those ass hole coaches that talk shit about me, seeing how much bigger I was. I wanted to become a Navy SEAL, because I wanted a goal that required me to work for it every day and would motivate me to stay out of trouble. It did, for a while. That goal of becoming a SEAL still remains in my mind even to this day. I mean, how many skater boy juggalos want to be something such as a SEAL. I believed that if I became a SEAL that my life was worth something and that I was more than all those kids who looked down on me. I knew that SEAL training would be the hardest thing in the world and would recquire me to be the best as I possible could. I joined my wrestling team because that was the hardest thing that my school had to offer as a sport. They were right. I still think its funny how they all thought I would quit in a week like everyone else. Dumbasses.

1Ajax
04-04-10, 12:37 am
Since I'm waiting to drink my midnight protein shake, i want to write some more.

Lesson to be learned so far. Watch what you say to outcasts. Watch what you say and do to some kids because you never know when they gain 100 pounds, (mostly muscle) grow 5 inches and can brake your bitch ass. Look at Columbine and school shootings that happen all the time. Luckily i'm not a psychopath and I learned to channel my anger as motivation and dedication. I didnt change schools, i lived with the humiliation and stuck to my weights. Eventually, that shit paid off. I can't blame others for my actions, I cant blame others if I feel deepressed, lonely, or sad. Because only I can make myself feel that why. Only I can make my choices, noone else. Basic Camp Paradise Lesson. We called it Camp Paradise because we had everything we needed, no neccessities were involved. I hope the adults understand that the generation now is FUCKED UP. But, there is a few that still have respect for themselves and others around them. I'm glad that I finally picked up where I left off. I'm glad that I picked myself back up when this christmas break I had a potfest. I was smoking marijuana every day and I gave up on my goals. But one day, I finally broke out of the spell, and said to myself that my life isn't over yet, I shouldnt give up now. Just like that, it was finally over with. So far, I have never been this alone before. I sit up late and I think about life while I listen to music. I check facebook and look at my highschool buddies and their pictures on how there prom was and them getting fucked up.
But, even though i'm alone physically, i'm not alone mentally, because with me I carry the future of this sport. I dedicate 24 hours a day on eating and training. And I have never felt better. I truly believe bodybuilding is the elite athlete sport. Because you sacrifice everything for this shit, you have to train everyday like it is your last. That is something most people can't do. I put my parents through hell with this shit. I want a job but I dont know how I can go to school, work till 10, and still workout and eat my meals. But luckily my dad is a hard ass worker and he kind of supports what i'm doing. Im a very thankful for that man. Anyway I actually figured out what this thread is for, my diary, except everyone can read it....whateva. I have a competition coming up in 13 weeks. It is my first and I will post some pictures on how I look. You guys can grade me. I will finish my story with bits and pieces as I log on about my day and my thoughts. Peace

TheGreatWhite
04-04-10, 3:36 am
Since I'm waiting to drink my midnight protein shake, i want to write some more.

Lesson to be learned so far. Watch what you say to outcasts. Watch what you say and do to some kids because you never know when they gain 100 pounds, (mostly muscle) grow 5 inches and can brake your bitch ass. Look at Columbine and school shootings that happen all the time. Luckily i'm not a psychopath and I learned to channel my anger as motivation and dedication. I didnt change schools, i lived with the humiliation and stuck to my weights. Eventually, that shit paid off. I can't blame others for my actions, I cant blame others if I feel deepressed, lonely, or sad. Because only I can make myself feel that why. Only I can make my choices, noone else. Basic Camp Paradise Lesson. We called it Camp Paradise because we had everything we needed, no neccessities were involved. I hope the adults understand that the generation now is FUCKED UP. But, there is a few that still have respect for themselves and others around them. I'm glad that I finally picked up where I left off. I'm glad that I picked myself back up when this christmas break I had a potfest. I was smoking marijuana every day and I gave up on my goals. But one day, I finally broke out of the spell, and said to myself that my life isn't over yet, I shouldnt give up now. Just like that, it was finally over with. So far, I have never been this alone before. I sit up late and I think about life while I listen to music. I check facebook and look at my highschool buddies and their pictures on how there prom was and them getting fucked up.
But, even though i'm alone physically, i'm not alone mentally, because with me I carry the future of this sport. I dedicate 24 hours a day on eating and training. And I have never felt better. I truly believe bodybuilding is the elite athlete sport. Because you sacrifice everything for this shit, you have to train everyday like it is your last. That is something most people can't do. I put my parents through hell with this shit. I want a job but I dont know how I can go to school, work till 10, and still workout and eat my meals. But luckily my dad is a hard ass worker and he kind of supports what i'm doing. Im a very thankful for that man. Anyway I actually figured out what this thread is for, my diary, except everyone can read it....whateva. I have a competition coming up in 13 weeks. It is my first and I will post some pictures on how I look. You guys can grade me. I will finish my story with bits and pieces as I log on about my day and my thoughts. Peace

Staying up late and pondering what life may bring, man I do the same shit day in and day out.....and that lonesome feeling, it will come and go, but when it comes, know this....you aren't alone. Although you may be alone at that physical point in time, you aren't alone in this iron game my friend. Good for you for getting yourself back on track...takes a man to admit when he's wrong and one to fix it. Keep your eye on the prize man!

Brick By Brick
04-05-10, 6:27 am
Keep it up, 1Ajax, you can be whatever you want to be, little brother. Even I was once a skater, punk rocker, goth kid, getting picked on, getting underestimated all the time by know-it-all kids who had everything. Now I'm a cop, powerlifter, strongwoman, wife, mother of a beautiful 3 yr old son. Like yourself, I fought a shit ton of personal battles to make it this far. It can be done, and I know you can do it.
Sounds like Camp Paradise might be the best thing that ever happened to you. It's not a big deal to get distracted once in a while, but stay the course and you will achieve your goals. The opinion of others means nothing compared to a man's opinion of himself. Be strong and get what you're after. Look forward to seeing you get your SEAL pin someday!

1Ajax
04-06-10, 12:24 am
Tomorrow is going to be an excellent day. Its time to train my fuckin legs. I never really had this feeling about leg days but, where I'm from you never see a guy with fuckin huge calves. Thats what i'm talking about. You know your hardcore when your calves are ripped to shreds. Turns out the competition is an NGA comp, and my friend told me that I shouldnt compete in NGA but instead, go to an NPC competition. Whatever. I want to talk about a subject that is really the reason why most people go to the gym, then you never see them again untill next season. Fuckin Spring Break. Yea, you knew it was coming. Spring Break is not only a heartbreaker when kids my age see my ass at the beach, but it shows me, if I am truly dedicated to my training. Because at the beach you just want to relax, except some kids who think working out their abs a couple of days is going to make a difference. Last spring break was no bullshit. I stuck to my diet, training, and morals. I didnt touch fuckin alchohol, or smoke any shit even though I was asked countless of times. To me this is no fuckin accomplishment but, for the Ross 2 years ago it was. Spring break happened forever ago but I dont care. Summer is coming up and its going to be the same bullshit. When I first started working out and spring break came along, I was very arrogant because I justed started getting muscle and I thought I was the shit. This year it was very different because I really just wanted to rest by the fucking beach after my workouts but no, I had to have a shit load of stares, judgements and a whole bunch of bullshit. Got into a couple of kids faces for startin shit with me. Douche bag didnt think I saw him when he was trying to do a front double bicep, insulting me just because I get off my ass and into the gym. Not going to go into that but I know how to stay out of trouble and I handled it. I'm just glad to me, bodybuilding is not about stares and fame. But about personal pride as it is with alot of others.

1Ajax
04-08-10, 12:33 am
I dont even know anymore

1Ajax
04-08-10, 10:56 pm
I am not an animal. I believe that saying you are an Animal is a title, and that title is something I have not earned yet. Hell, I might not ever be called a animal because I can't except the fact that I am a hardcore, no holdin back bodybuilder because I am never satisfied with how hard I can go because their is no limit. I don't like saying I did a good job. I dont like saying things are hard. Both of those sentences dont mean much because things can always get harder, and things can always be better. It is either I did it or I didnt. Simple fuckin answers.

1Ajax
04-11-10, 11:41 pm
I might be a meathead, asshole, toolbag, douchebag, dumbass and pretty much all the synonyms that go with those words. But all those kids that call me that actually have know Idea what kind of person I am. I like being different. I like being called names because those words stay in my head untill I hit the gym and pound that shit out of my head. Great therapy

korinek00
04-21-10, 3:21 pm
I'm 18. I'm smart, athletic, and could have the world at my fingertips if I wanted. Yet, I kept letting myself being dragged down. I kept hanging out with the same friends. Weed every day and alcohol every other. Feelin' sorry for myself I guess. So here I was, a kid full of potential, dropped out of high school, stocking shelves over night at a local grocery store. Thought I was some cool shit 'cause I was making $300 a week and living on my own.

But then it happened. I looked at myself in the mirror, probably high and drunk off my ass, and asked myself what the fuck was I doing with my life. That voice in my head said, more like yelled, "Get your fucking shit together and kick some fucking ass." That's what I did. I quit my job, quit the drugs, and quit my friends. Moved 6 hours away out to my dad's ranch. I told myself I was going to become a mother fucking Navy SEAL. That's exactly what I'm doing. I moved away from that place January 30th, 2010. It hasn't even been 3 months yet I've accomplished more shit in that time than my whole 18 years on this planet.

I even plan on writing a book some day called "From Stoner to SEAL"

Keep on fightin' brother. You aren't alone.

1Ajax
04-22-10, 11:21 am
Right on bro,

We have that inner strength. Even though we made huge mistakes in our lives, we turn that shit around and become more than those who doubt us and thought we would end up in jail. I love how growing up being humiliated and underestimated, is the only way to really be motivated enough to fuckin become an animal. For those that motivation is natural I give props to you.

zbrewha863
04-22-10, 2:46 pm
So how old are you, and where are you at in terms of your conditioning?

I have trained someone for the SEALs before -- it is not easy work. The SEALs website has a recommended training routine, I think it's 26 weeks long. I wouldn't say that their training routine is BS, but at the same time everybody has access to it. Their routine is enough to have high enough PT scores to enter, but I don't think it really hits the core of your preparation. You should be able to blow away that PT test -- you do not want to roll the dice. That being said, their website does have helpful nutrition and stretching/injury prevention tips that you should keep in mind. A lot of people don't make it b/c they get hurt, make sure your nutrition/hydration/stretching is stellar.

The hardest part is being mentally strong, this is where having life experiences (shitty ones) pays you back. There will be times (i.e. Hell Week) where you will honestly believe you are going to die. You may honestly consider letting yourself die. In my opinion, it is impossible to recreate this level of mental training without someone pushing you that hard during your training, unless you've had such a hard life that you have experienced this phenomena regularly and know how to overcome.

I believe you can do it. You sound mentally strong -- just remember that it is much easier to keep a knife sharp than it is to sharpen a dull knife.

U Mad Brah?
04-22-10, 3:00 pm
stay positive brah even in the midst of chaos... as the good brah churchill said, If you are going to go through hell, keep going brahs

Aggression
04-22-10, 3:19 pm
I like what I see in here, brother.

1Ajax
05-02-10, 7:33 pm
Haha, yea i'm still writing on this forum.
I have been doing alot of article reading, and just to let you know that the things that schak, machine, G Diesal and a couple of others write, is fucking amazing. Who said that bodybuilders are dumb? Fuck that. I wish people taught me what they write about in school. In the future, and believe me when I say this, I will be a part of this Animal team.

Well, a like what you guys are posting, but the SEAL dream was over when I stopped smoking. I dont want to be a skinny triatholon dude. I want to big, I want to bodybuild. And so far progress is going great and i'm putting all of my time into this. This website is now where I come to read, listen, learn, and write.

I went to a club last weekend, even though i'm 17, I guess I look old enough to get in. When I was looking around, I probably never have felt more outcasted and different. I learned that dancing and living a party life style was definately something that was not me. Being alone actually become the way I like to live. I did not feel comfortable at this club, it was just full of punks and dudes that have no morals, no dedication or discipline. I quickly left that bitch and went home. I guess I just wanted to see what a club would be like, shit, that stuff is not for me.

FITGYM
05-02-10, 11:37 pm
Keep up the good fight

1Ajax
05-03-10, 11:05 pm
I bet you guys know what it is like to not see somebody in a long time, and during that time you have been bodybuilding since then and everything about your body and mind changes. And it really shocks alot of old friends and acquaintances by what you have turned into. Well, during my laterals, This guy came up to me and held out his hand. I looked at him and saw that this guy was the man that told me that I was just a stupid skater punk when I was in middle school. He was the football coach and my ISS teacher. Everytime I had a behavior problem, they would send me to fucking ISS(Inn School Suspension) And every time, this man would lecture me on how much of a shit head I am. And telling me that I need to stop what I am doing and join the damn football team. Why he wanted me to join the football team, I have no Idea. And like I said, during middle school, I weighed around 90 pounds. So pretty much I guess he looked pretty damn amazed while he was shaking my hand. "What have you been up to lately, are you still wrestling?" He asked me. "Let me finish this set man, I dont have time to talk to you." I replied, with as much respect of course. He walked away and that might just be the last damn thing I will ever say to that man. I dont bodybuild to prove anyone wrong, it just happens.

mcbeast
05-03-10, 11:15 pm
Im subbed brotha. Im about to turn 21 here shortly, and can relate to alot of the shit your going/went through. Gotta any questions or need advice, shoot.

1Ajax
05-04-10, 10:46 pm
Wow, I need to learn how to write better paragraphs to compete with everyone elses shit.
Screw it.

I'm sorry but I dont want to write anything. I feel too much like a bitch

mcbeast
05-05-10, 1:10 am
Wow, I need to learn how to write better paragraphs to compete with everyone elses shit.
Screw it.

I'm sorry but I dont want to write anything. I feel too much like a bitch

Speak your mind brotha, no one is here to criticize.

1Ajax
05-10-10, 11:23 pm
Lets start with what happened yesterday at my house.

I believe school gets in the way of my meal times. And some times I say fuck school and I skip it to go read nutrition books or muscle magazines at the local bookstore. But last friday was apparently it for my father. He said he had enough of my shit and again cussed me out and was in my face for the two thousandth time. At the time, I was also scheduled to work for my first time at Outback steakhouse. I worked on saturday, realized that I need to find a better job that allows me to have a snack. When I told my parents that I quit on my first day. They took it as that I was worthless and a sorry piece of shit(According to my dad) He believed that I was not a hard worker and throwing all this derogatory terms at me. Obviously he had no clue why I quit and I didn't really want him to know my side so I said Fuck It. I put bodybuilding in front of everything and it might be dumb at times but to me, thats the way it has to be. Nutrition is key to bodybuilding and I would totally miss a training session than a meal. I can't remember how it escaladed, but during an argument on mothers day, my dad was telling me his views on bodybuilding. Telling me how they are pussies, full of themselves, and are selfish douche bags. I take alot of shit from dad, And I do alot of fucked up shit to pay for my bodybuilding and most of that shit people would say is selfish. But thats what bodybuilding requires. Its not that your selfish, the sport is selfish. If that makes sense. My father is an ignorant man who grew up during segregation which has him being very stereotypical and racist. I love my dad and what he has done for me but he has no clue what the fuck he is talking about. So after he told me what he thought about bodybuilding. That pretty much was it to holding back at my dad. I screamed at him saying "Alright mother fucker, if your such a badass come get some" He came at me with totally rage and we ended up on the ground trying to kill each other with our hands. When it was over he wanted to kick me out of the house. But I guess loves to much to actually do it. Which is a very good thing. I guess that moment showed my dad I was no longer the boy he thought I was. He always told me to do something, and I finally showed that dude. The next day after school. my dad found out about how I stole his credit card and bought animal supplements. He lied saying that the police were coming after me. Like he always does. And pretty much said he was done with me. I know that was very fucked up. But in my head, I will do anything to be the best goddamn bodybuilder on this mother fucking planet. Even if it means breaking my fathers heart and the law. Shames me to say this.

He told me I had no car. So I said fuck you I walk to where I need to go. So today I got to walk my sweet ass an hour to the gym and back. No damn problem. I will do that shit everyday if I have to. I dont care if I look like a fool and it doesnt bother me when people scream bitch and freak outside their car windows. I just know that in the end, I'm going to be on top and fucking run this show. I love animal and I'm going to become a member of their damn team. Your going to see my ass on the cover of muscular development and shit like that. This may sound like internet bullshit but we will see. I love this forvm even though I dont know you guys or why forvm is spelt with a V. I'm showing my school and these wannabes what hardcore is about when you go to a gym. I live by these articles that I read everyday. I fucking worship everything that this site has to offer because in the real world, I have noone telling me how to bodybuild. I have noone training me, Its just me sweating my balls off. I love this shit and I love anyone who works like this. Because you guys are the only ones that will ever understand why a guy like me is walking on the side of a road just to hammer his ass in the gym. 17 years old and kicking ass!!

mcbeast
05-11-10, 12:24 am
Keep your head up brother. Tho Sometimes small sacrifices are necessary in the bigger scheme of things. You need to try to maintain relations with your folks, as hard as it might seem. They do put a roof over your head..

Keep up your hard work brother.

1Ajax
05-14-10, 11:01 am
Someone stole my fucking M- STAk. When I found that out, I was pissed. Its like, I bust my balls in the gym and I have to worry about mother fuckers stillin my shit?

zbrewha863
05-14-10, 4:09 pm
I can't tell if you're just looking for some attention by writing these crazy stories, or if you're serious.

I also don't know why forvm is spelled with a "V", except that in latin there was no letter "U", there was only a V, so a lot of our words with "U"s that come from latin used to have "V"s back in the day. So in ancient Rome, the Forvm, which was a big f'ing deal, was spelled Forvm. So I guess it has something to do with that.

On to more important stuff. Running wide open all the time is (a) going to burn you out eventually and (b) going to get you in trouble eventually. Real trouble. I'm not trying to minimize your problems, you have a lot to deal with. I'm trying to steer you away from the inevitable shit storm you have brewing.

It's alright to be cocky. I'm a cocky asshole. I just don't act like it 24/7 anymore. If you just let a tiger out of its cage all the time, eventually someone is going to want to put a bullet in it. Maybe they're afraid, maybe they want a trophy, maybe it just blows their mind.

One of the biggest lessons you learn along the way is to observe. When you're in the gym, when you're in a conversation, when you're at work, when you're taking some bar trash to pound town, wherever. It's hard to do because it seems completely crazy, even once you realize it, but you get a lot further by sitting back, observing, and then making calculated moves, instead of simple action.

Following your dreams with all your heart is an absolute must, and is very admirable, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. Just running around headfirst after things you want, or want to do, burns bridges and leaves you without options in uncharted territory. You have to observe and consider before acting.

Example -- the Animal supplements. You stole your dad's credit card to pay for them b/c you want them now, while quitting your job. If you looked ahead, you would realize the paths these two roads lead to.

Path A -- what you did -- ends with your dad taking back the supplements (the ones you think someone stole), and stewing until he eventually tells you to kiss his ass. Path B -- sticking with your job and using the money you make to buy what you need/want -- ends with you getting what you need and want, while learning from people around you and developing skills (not talking about washing dishes and waiting tables -- but the actual skills you learn, like selling yourself to random strangers or navigating corporate culture) that will pay off huge in a few years, and at the same time garnering respect from your family, coworkers, and bosses, all of whom have the ability to help you out big time in the long run.

Example -- how I found out about Animal. A guy who beat my bench press record at my gym in college joined up with them, and I randomly heard about it through a mutual friend. I have that mutual friend, and have spoken with the guy a few times, because I started bar backing and bussing tables in college to pay my way. I moved on to bartending (highly recommend it for a college job) and serving, where I worked with the guy who is our mutual friend. Through that friendship network thing, I got hooked up with Animal, got some free supplements, and most importantly found motivation to be myself again, hit the weights hard and eat properly again, and met a bunch of brothers who have the same values and drive that I do, which motivates me more than anything.

I wouldn't have gotten there w/o putting in time to build relationships, which I did through garnering respect through my hard work and some semi-calculated moves. It's not just a random freak thing either -- I just got hooked up with a sweet career possibility through someone I used to wait tables with at Chilis. Things like this happen all the time, I'm really not making it up.

The key is RESPECT.

It is the most important thing in this world.

Whatever you are doing, you can not get there alone. You can work hard, and make calculated decisions, and by doing this get respect from others. Those people will literally hand you opportunities, because they will respect you, and respect is the foundation for all true relationships. Including getting in with Animal. You might know something I don't know, but stealing from your parents and basically telling everyone you f*** off is not, in my opinion, going to get you anywhere with Animal or any other legit bodybuilding program, unless you get hooked up with them through some kind of juvie/jail/prison program.

Sorry for the novel. Tomorrow I'm graduating law school, and I guess I'm just sitting around buzzing with energy right now. Quick breakdown of all the shit I just said:

Cliffs:
-- Forvm is latin for forum
-- Observe, consider, then act -- don't rush in headstrong 24/7
-- Work hard -- garner respect from others -- that will lead to success on every level possible

1Ajax
05-14-10, 7:44 pm
yea your right,

I make fucking mistakes and do stupid stuff. But I'm not makin this shit up, and i believed what I was doing was right to get supplements because at the time I believed that supplements were the key to my success. Not that i'm not working hard or anything but just to get an edge on the competition. I dont really believe anyone is going to help me out in life except my family, so what you said about coworkers helping me out, to me is bullshit because nobody really cares about what I want. I dont have a fuck you attitude, and I used to just go headfirst into stuff but not anymore. I quit my job because of the hours they wanted me to do and I was never going to get a good meal in. I dont appreciate that last thing you wrote about me getting hookups from prison. But thanks for the advice

korinek00
05-14-10, 8:39 pm
Now, I'm not going to tell you what to do, I will however give you my opinion.

Like zbrewha863 said, RESPECT. Any kind of stealing is a sign of disrespect. I don't steal money from my parents because I respect them. I respect that they've worked hard for it and it's theirs. If your parents cant' trust you they sure as hell won't respect you. Respect is something you've got to earn. You could earn it by getting a job and supporting your lifestyle your choosing. IE: supplements, gym fee, lots of food.

So the job has you missing a meal? Are you 100% sure on this? or is it an excuse to not work? Jobs usually entail a 15 minute break. Pack a meal in a cooler. Even then, did you talk it over with your boss? Maybe eat a bigger meal before work and have one ready after work. Or work that job until you find something better. Yeah it's gonna suck missing a meal, but make up for it throughout the day. Sacrifices like these are going to be required by you in order to attain what you want. Your 17, you've already got a jump on a lot of people. Anything worth pursuing is a marathon, not a sprint. You need to look at the big picture. You need to work in order to pay for your supplements, gym fee, and food. Stealing from your dad isn't going to get you anywhere, but cause an unnecessary strain on you two's relationship.

Skipping school won't get you far either. Highschool is pretty easy and just like anything it is what you make of it. It could be a miserable 8 hours every day or you could actually be proactive and try to take something from it and try to learn. Knowledge is power.

"He always told me to do something, and I finally showed that dude." Again, RESPECT. I can see you don't respect your dad. Your dad has more experience than you in life. You could learn a lot of things from him if you wanted. I thought my parents were idiots and didn't know shit, but boy was I a little ignorant shit. Of course your dad is going to think your a little lazy piece of shit and not think highly of bodybuilding. You've given him the impression that bodybuilding entails skipping school, quitting jobs, and stealing from your parents. If I were him I'd probably kick the shit out of you for being a little know it all prick.

Two words, GROW UP. Be a man. No disrespect, but your still thinking like a highschool punk who thinks he knows everything. Grow up and be a man and learn the meaning of RESPECT. It will take you places. I promise.

1Ajax
05-14-10, 10:35 pm
I do know respect, I have just always had trouble showing it to my dad. Pretty sad I know

1Ajax
05-18-10, 8:24 pm
Well, the only thing that I'm going to say about my parental issues is that everything is starting to go swell.

Anyway, Get prepared to see my posing pictures that i'm going to upload, maybe you guys could tell me what you think.

korinek00
05-18-10, 11:16 pm
Well, the only thing that I'm going to say about my parental issues is that everything is starting to go swell.

Anyway, Get prepared to see my posing pictures that i'm going to upload, maybe you guys could tell me what you think.

Nice. Keep up the hard work both in the gym and with your family relationships. Looking forward to some pics.

zbrewha863
05-19-10, 9:11 pm
Nice. Keep up the hard work both in the gym and with your family relationships. Looking forward to some pics.

Yup.

Cellardweller
05-19-10, 10:14 pm
Ajax you've got some pretty good advice from the brothers here. Let me add something. I work 12 hour shifts and don't get a lunch. I have to plan my eating at work based off being able to sneak to the bathroom and shoving peanut butter sandwiches or protein bars in my face. Put some Real Gains in a shaker and add water when you're ready. A little planning will get you far at work. You can get it all in.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=2585

I've had problems with my father too. We hardly talk anymore. You don't want that. Follow what Animal stands for, respect, hard work, dedication, self dicipline, sacrifice and above all patience. The lessons learned in the gym, this forum and the articles here can be used outside of life. Sounds like your dad has other ideas for you and doesn't understand your dream. Fathers want the best for their sons. Work hard at work and at the gym. Show him. I bet he'll be proud as hell of you at your first competition. You just have to do the work and have patience. Read around the forum some more. There are plenty of brothers your age here and they're all getting it done. Some have jobs and some are in college and have jobs and live their Animal life. Talk with these guys and they'll help you find your path to victory.

1Ajax
05-22-10, 10:24 am
I should have those pics by today. If not then definitly tomorrow.

mcbeast
05-22-10, 12:40 pm
I should have those pics by today. If not then definitly tomorrow.

Awesome man!

1Ajax
05-23-10, 6:05 pm
Okay, I need some help with those pictures, I have them on my dad's blackberry, but I dont know how to get them on the internet. So does anyone here know how to upload them?

mcbeast
05-23-10, 6:43 pm
Okay, I need some help with those pictures, I have them on my dad's blackberry, but I dont know how to get them on the internet. So does anyone here know how to upload them?

You have the cord for the blackberry? Shoot me a text and I can give you instructions.

1Ajax
05-25-10, 11:00 pm
I dont text, but I will try to call you.

Lately, I feel like I have been living in the shithole. I have been having alot issues with myself. The good thing is i am slowly overcoming these issues. I feel truly alone right now. I myself have destroyed my parents trust and respect that they use to give to me.

I just need time to think. thanks for some help excessive

1Ajax
05-30-10, 6:47 pm
I finally got those pictures, I'm going to get them on here by tonight. I also have a job. I'm a carpet cleaner.

1Ajax
06-01-10, 10:38 pm
Yea, I hate pictures lol.

zbrewha863
06-12-10, 3:12 am
Yo brother, what happened to the pictures? If you can't get them to post on here, you can post them on another site that has image hosting (Imageshack, Bodybuilding.com, etc.) and post the links on here.

1Ajax
06-14-10, 3:55 pm
Ill get those pictures up asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm still hanging on. Right now i'm going to summer school for bad grades. Im having to bend my schedule into the summer school's schedule.

1Ajax
06-16-10, 10:27 pm
If someone could give me a number, I will text them to you and you can put them on here. I took them on my dad's phone. Your also going to have to show me how to send pictures through a text.

mcbeast
06-20-10, 3:40 pm
http://img514.imageshack.us/i/1ajax.jpg/

http://img215.imageshack.us/i/2ajax.jpg/

korinek00
06-20-10, 6:53 pm
Lookin' good brother. Do you have some "before" pictures?

1Ajax
06-21-10, 7:02 pm
Not on any digital camera. Any way, I going to take another picture once I weigh 230. Since I'm competing next year, I plan on gaining steady weight and reach 230 by december then start cutting once I hear when my first competition is.

zbrewha863
06-21-10, 8:36 pm
Looking good man, how much do you weigh there?

1Ajax
06-21-10, 9:28 pm
I think about 198. I weigh 212 right now

1Ajax
07-04-10, 10:38 am
Yea, I'm still here. I'm still rockin it. I haven't been writing much because I'm tired of saying what i'm going to do and expressing my feelings. What I am going to say is how I looked at myself in the mirror the other day and I noticed how I am changing. Changing into a completely different person. Changing into an animal. The Iron is bending and twisting me. Being a bodybuilder is more than a life style. It is who I am.

charlievanriper
07-04-10, 1:06 pm
Dam little bro sounds like you and I are two pea's in a pod! First let me tell you a few things.
All the members here are great in thier own way, that said I dont want ro direspect anyone, but I come off arrogant self centered and an asshole to alot of the members here and to tell you the truth I really dont care whether I am liked or disliked. I have great friends and brothers here who chose me and I appreciate and try not to let them down. The reason for that attitude is years of trying to fit in, years of trying ( in my mind ) to earn my fathers respect ( yrs later I found out that was not neccesary) years of trying to prove something to another man instead of just proving to myself. When I was in my teens I got into so much shit because I wanted to fit in, but the lucky part or God whatever kept me safe I guessbecause I never got caught like you until I was 18 ( setup by a so called friend) this asshole ruined my life with a felony crimminal record ( again something was looking out for me and I did a couple weekends only. This woke me up and I turned away from all those old friends and tried to clean up, but as most know that record follows you thru life so jobs came and went Military career was crushed all my youthful dreams were gone. I got angry and hateful, then I found my old friend the IRON and started to get serious. Now 25 30 yrs later here I am. The point of all this is to let you know you are not alone and can avoid my difficulties thru life, This lifestyle will change you. It will give you confidence, self respect and yes earn the jealous of envious people, but thruought the Journey it will earn you the appreciation, the respect, and the friendship and brotherhood of your peers. Stay strong and train like thier is no tomorrow.

Remember yesterday is a fleeting moment in time and tomorrow is the start of every dream, forget yesterday and Earn your respect today and live your dream for tomorrow.

Cellardweller
07-05-10, 4:41 pm
Looking good in those pics bro. Stay strong.

1Ajax
08-07-10, 3:57 pm
I would like to thank myself for making it this far in this bodybuilding lifestyle. Everyday I think about why I put myself through this pain. I believe I might have come to a conclusion. Everyday I step into the gym, everytime I load on a plate and crank out some reps. I feel my self-confidence and pride come back to me. I no longer feel like a scared little boy anymore. I will keep going on untill I have reached my destination. I want to win it all. Someday I will find the brothers that I have been looking for. The ones who have an idea about pain and discipline. Untill then I will be here doing my thing, the thing that keeps me real. I would like to thank the iron for always being there when I needed it. Thank you for helping me realize who I am and what I want in life.

Firedrake
08-09-10, 2:08 am
I would like to thank myself for making it this far in this bodybuilding lifestyle. Everyday I think about why I put myself through this pain. I believe I might have come to a conclusion. Everyday I step into the gym, everytime I load on a plate and crank out some reps. I feel my self-confidence and pride come back to me. I no longer feel like a scared little boy anymore. I will keep going on untill I have reached my destination. I want to win it all. Someday I will find the brothers that I have been looking for. The ones who have an idea about pain and discipline. Untill then I will be here doing my thing, the thing that keeps me real. I would like to thank the iron for always being there when I needed it. Thank you for helping me realize who I am and what I want in life.

You're definitely not alone -- I know a great little gym over in Cahaba Heights that would love to have you. Jeff Green runs a place called Icon Performance that's a little hole in the wall gym, but has the best damn selection of specialty bars and specific equipment I've seen in years. I trained there back in May when I was in Birmingham for a week visiting family, and couldn't miss a week of contest prep. I found some definite folks of like mind there.

Come over to the Journey section and start one, too -- get others' input on your work and efforts -- they're a great bunch for encouraging you. I know I owe this Forum a lot, from all the guidance and encouragement they gave me on my way to the stage.

We're here for each other -- never forget that.

zbrewha863
08-28-10, 1:17 am
Good to see you're still plugging, young gun. Regardless of whatever I said before or what anybody else tells you, you've go to do what you can justify in your own heart. Just keep doing what you're doing training-wise, like-minded people will recognize their own and want to join up.

1Ajax
10-25-10, 9:04 pm
i'm still here