PDA

View Full Version : Go Hard at Home

jandirigma
04-02-10, 12:08 am
Here I am in the province back in my family's home town. No gym, no mirrors, no nonsense. Just a small room, a resistance band, a grip strengthener, and a door gym for some tricep kickbacks. I figured that I better go hard on today's training, 'cause it looks like I'll be spending lots of time with the homies, so I came up with this workout plan that I could do with a small space, minimal equipment, and minimal time. All exercises for each muscle group are performed as a superset. For example, I'll do lateral raises for the shoulders, immediately followed by front raises, and immediately succeeded by all other exercises for the shoulder. That makes one set. Rest between sets is no longer than two minutes. It would also be good to try and keep rest no longer than a minute to ramp up the intensity. This is somewhat a crammer's workout since you've got to finish up the workout in a little less than an hour and target several muscle groups in just one workout. However, I didn't perform exercises that targeted the hamstrings and quads, since they've been pretty sore from leg day a few days back, so I thought I might give them a break. If you think this ain't enough, feel free to throw in body weight squats, jump squats, or lunges into the mix if you want to bomb the legs. Enough of that, now here's the session...

Chest:
Push-ups 4 sets x 20 reps
Incline Push-ups 4 sets x 20 reps
Decline Push-ups 4 sets x 20 reps

Triceps:
Cable Kickbacks 4 sets 20-35 reps
Diamond Push-ups 4 sets 12 reps

Shoulders:
Lateral Raises 4 sets x 12 reps
Front Raises 4 sets x 12 reps
Shoulder Press 4 sets x 12 reps
Upright Rows 4 sets x 12 reps

Calves:
Calf Raises 5 sets x 20 reps
Unilateral Calf Raises 5 sets x 20 reps

Abs:
Crunches 2 sets x 50 reps
Bicycle Crunches 2 sets x 50 reps

Forearms/Hands:
Hand Grippers 5 sets x 12 reps (hold last rep for ten seconds)

Cool-down:
Static Stretching

Legacy
04-02-10, 1:15 am
I think you are making it too precise man. Just do some basics, pushups, pullups, handstand pushups, squat jumps, one legged squats. Dont focus on reps so much either, just go until you have to stop or you feel you got a good workout. Hit you upper body, hit your lower body and get a pump. Dont make it more complicated than it needs to be, experiment.

jandirigma
04-02-10, 9:23 am
I think you are making it too precise man. Just do some basics, pushups, pullups, handstand pushups, squat jumps, one legged squats. Dont focus on reps so much either, just go until you have to stop or you feel you got a good workout. Hit you upper body, hit your lower body and get a pump. Dont make it more complicated than it needs to be, experiment.

Actually I agree with you. I was just noting down how many I did to get enough out of my session. The reps and sets will vary per person.

Razor
04-02-10, 9:28 am
Start up a Journey bro so we could see your progress and comment and help out in any way we can.

jandirigma
04-02-10, 9:37 am
Start up a Journey bro so we could see your progress and comment and help out in any way we can.

Thanks bro, I've got my journey started up. I appresciate the help.