PDA

View Full Version : Roadblocks that leave you with decisions

aficarra
04-02-10, 10:17 am
Ok so for the past couple of months I have been training to joining my universities powerlifting team, to come to find out that the team just recently got dismantled due to funding issues. So now I'm stuck with an ultimate dilemma of deciding whether to continue to train for powerlifting or to switch to bodybuilding? Any suggestions to help me get through this staple in my journey would be greatly appreciated.

TheGreatWhite
04-02-10, 10:43 am
Hate to hear that man....but if that's the case, I would say just train how you want to, whether it be powerlifting or a more bodybuilding-oriented split. I try to incorporate both aspects, as my Back day is centered around heavy deadlifts, Leg day is centered around heavy squats, Chest is heavy bench (inclines and flat), and Shoulder days are centered around heavy military presses. Then I throw in my auxilary lifts as I see fit....but I still try to incorporate as many compound lifts as possible. I would suggest taking aspects from both styles of training, it's definately helped me, but everyone's different, so find what works for you. The phrase "variety is the spice of life" really holds true in the weight room. Good luck!

aficarra
04-02-10, 3:14 pm
Hate to hear that man....but if that's the case, I would say just train how you want to, whether it be powerlifting or a more bodybuilding-oriented split. I try to incorporate both aspects, as my Back day is centered around heavy deadlifts, Leg day is centered around heavy squats, Chest is heavy bench (inclines and flat), and Shoulder days are centered around heavy military presses. Then I throw in my auxilary lifts as I see fit....but I still try to incorporate as many compound lifts as possible. I would suggest taking aspects from both styles of training, it's definately helped me, but everyone's different, so find what works for you. The phrase "variety is the spice of life" really holds true in the weight room. Good luck!

I appreciate the input bro.And i usually do, or at least try to, incorporate lifts from both sides. But I would like to be able to work towards something if you know what i mean?

Mr. Dead
04-02-10, 3:19 pm
Follow your heart... If it was your goal to do powerlifting, there's plenty of competitive organizations out there... The same with bodybuilding... Just go with what you want to do most... The rest will fall into place...

aficarra
04-02-10, 3:38 pm
Follow your heart... If it was your goal to do powerlifting, there's plenty of competitive organizations out there... The same with bodybuilding... Just go with what you want to do most... The rest will fall into place...

Thanks man. I think i might go with bodybuilding for a bit and lose bodyfat while continuing lifts from powerlifting.