PDA

View Full Version : Can someoneg give me legitimate information please.

Bran88
04-02-10, 10:43 am
I eat about six times a day with a total calorie count of 3500 cals or so. I eat nothing but clean. The ideal proteins, fiberous carbs, etc. I would be confident to say that I've accumulated a lot of info through here and other sources to know what I'm doing. I've also seen the results I've made in the gym which have been significant. A lot of it a attest to eating consistently and clean.

BUT I'm suck of my arrogant father telling me that eating so much is going to "kill me." Yes, he says that I'm killing myself because I eat more than him or a "normal" person. I eat every 2-3 hours (just like anyone else who lifts heavy and long 5 days a week).

Do you all have some information on the web that credits a doctor or someone of legitimate status so I can shut him up?

He also claims that me drinking 3 gallons of water on my training days will kill me.

http://zaba.pl/wp-content/uploads/20...e-facepalm.jpg

Thanks so much,
Brandon

mritter3
04-02-10, 10:49 am
how much you weight right now brandon? Give me a typical day as far as diet is concened...oh by the way your link at the bottom dont work.

PIJW
04-02-10, 10:55 am
Just post up your diet. I eat 5-6 times a days consisting of either steak, chicken, or fish. There are plenty on here who eat tons and we are all still alive and kicking. But if you want some critiquing just post it and plenty will give advise on either bulking or cutting for you.

Bran88
04-02-10, 10:55 am
5'8 202 lbs, 8% bf.

3500-4000 calories a day.

Typically,
Meal 1: 5 eggs (two whole, three white), 3-4 turkey sausages, and a mild cheese on top.
Meal 2: Chicken breast and whole wheat pasta
Meal 3 (typically pre-workout): Chicken or lean red meat, a cup of brown rice, and some green veggies.
Meal 4 (typically an hour after I consume Torrent): Sometimes I have 3 scoops of ON whey and water and about a 1/2 cup of peanuts due to work. If I have time, again, chicken or a fish with green veggies.
Meal 5: Fish with green veggies
Meal 6: 1 cup of cottage cheese and a serving of ON casein and water.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af183/08vistabluegt/11858_217539135803_651355803_457-1.jpg

Sure I have a little body fat around the midsection from bulking. But for my arrogant father to say I'm going to die?! The funny thing is he is a health nut. A marathon running. That does not mean he does not understand this lifestyle, because clearly he does not. ROLF.

Bran88
04-02-10, 10:59 am
Just post up your diet. I eat 5-6 times a days consisting of either steak, chicken, or fish. There are plenty on here who eat tons and we are all still alive and kicking. But if you want some critiquing just post it and plenty will give advise on either bulking or cutting for you.

No, I understand all of that. I know what I'm doing bulking or cutting wise.

I wanted to create this thread more to see if you all had some legitimate web articles out there that are referenced to doctors who can advocate our lifestyle is healthy.

I know it is, but my dad is one of those dudes who has to see to believe.

fenix237
04-02-10, 11:12 am
hey bro- why don't you supply him with test results for cholesterol, blood work, blood pressure etc?

C.Coronato
04-02-10, 11:17 am
I am an ISSA certified personal trainer. Now i know PTs dont have much accreditation any more, but the books i had to read and what i had to learn holds value. I also went to culinary school and had to take nutrition classes. Tell him to talk to any nutritionist .. it is very much recommended to eat 5-6 meals a day. Smaller meals yes, but thats how any body should be eating. If you eat once, maybe twice a day, your metabolism is slowing down and everything doesnt work properly, but what i learned in class, and in the books for PT, two totally different aspects, said the same thing.

Bran88
04-02-10, 11:23 am
hey bro- why don't you supply him with test results for cholesterol, blood work, blood pressure etc?

I might just have to to shut him up.

GJN5002
04-02-10, 11:25 am
tell your dad until he can prove to you that it isnt healthy then your mind is made up.

Most "normal" people gorge on meals that add up to 1000+ calories while us "abnormal" people chose to split it up. Next time your dad is eating some garvage meal at McDonalds or something to that effect ask him how healthy it is.

GJN5002
04-02-10, 11:26 am
I might just have to to shut him up.

thats good, tell him to compare results with you.

fenix237
04-02-10, 1:31 pm
it's hard to believe a parent/anyone can be critical when their son/person exercises regularly, eats healthy food in proper portions, and is sitting at 8% BF