PDA

View Full Version : Captains of CRUSH!!!!

Big Calves
04-03-10, 12:06 am
Hey guys I was wondering if anybody had ever used Captains of Crush to get stronger grip strength. Last year I purchased my first one(the "1" which is equivalent to 140lbs) and shockingly I found out that 98-99% of people can NOT close it(Even the big dudes). Well I went and purchased the 2.5 this last summer but on my way back to U.S. I don't what happened to it! So now I want to purchase another one but I also wanted to get the #4(which is the highest they go), but I was wondering if the other brands were any better or Iron mind makes the best grippers?!

Thank You!

violator
04-03-10, 1:00 pm
check out heavy grips...theyre the same thing moreorless...

http://www.heavygrips.com/

i usually train with them during back sessions, i just keep the 200 in my pocket and bust out some reps with it while im recovering between sets...theyre a staple in my gym bag....

Girevik 69
04-03-10, 2:05 pm
I dig the C.O.C. grippers... I use them to help improve my bottom up-style kettlebell military press.

Brick By Brick
04-03-10, 9:38 pm
I have a #1 COC gripper. I think they are among the best out there. Great tools to have.

BryanSmash!
04-03-10, 10:12 pm
Unless you have the word Magnus in your first or last name I wouldnt worry about buying a #4. Buy another 2.5 and make sure you can close that, then move on to the #3. To date, there are five people in the WORLD who have officially closed the #4, you'll be better off setting smaller goals, like closing the 2.5 ten times before trying the #3.

Big Calves
04-03-10, 10:23 pm
Unless you have the word Magnus in your first or last name I wouldnt worry about buying a #4. Buy another 2.5 and make sure you can close that, then move on to the #3. To date, there are five people in the WORLD who have officially closed the #4, you'll be better off setting smaller goals, like closing the 2.5 ten times before trying the #3.

5?! DAMN! I was wondering how many times per week do you guys workout your grips?!

BryanSmash!
04-03-10, 10:30 pm
5?! DAMN! I was wondering how many times per week do you guys workout your grips?!

I work with grippers once or twice a week.

WarlordMalice
04-04-10, 4:21 am
I've been working with CoC's for almost a month now. Right now I can close the #2 with a credit card width set and the 2.5 with a parallel set. I'd recommend you get a #2 before the 2.5 cuz I'd be willing to bet you won't close the 2.5 right away. Chances are unless you've done some serious dedicated grip work you probably won't be able to close the #2 either. When I took my #1.5 to work I was the ONLY person out of about 50 who tried it that could close it and there are a couple guys there who are bigger and stronger than me. My advantage is all the grip strength I developed from years of brazilian jiu jitsu gripping the gi to control people.

I work my grip on 3 non consecutive days a week and do a couple warm up sets with a easy gripper, my CoC trainer, and on my heavy gripper days I use a gripper I can only close with a parallel set (the #2.5) and do 4x1. On light days I do a couple warmup sets with the trainer and use my #1.5 for 3 sets of 5-7. Whatever gripper you get the most important thing IMO starting out is to watch some vids on how to properly set the gripper in the hand cuz it'll make a HUGE difference. You can youtube it.

Big Calves
04-04-10, 5:50 pm
I've been working with CoC's for almost a month now. Right now I can close the #2 with a credit card width set and the 2.5 with a parallel set. I'd recommend you get a #2 before the 2.5 cuz I'd be willing to bet you won't close the 2.5 right away. Chances are unless you've done some serious dedicated grip work you probably won't be able to close the #2 either. When I took my #1.5 to work I was the ONLY person out of about 50 who tried it that could close it and there are a couple guys there who are bigger and stronger than me. My advantage is all the grip strength I developed from years of brazilian jiu jitsu gripping the gi to control people.

I work my grip on 3 non consecutive days a week and do a couple warm up sets with a easy gripper, my CoC trainer, and on my heavy gripper days I use a gripper I can only close with a parallel set (the #2.5) and do 4x1. On light days I do a couple warmup sets with the trainer and use my #1.5 for 3 sets of 5-7. Whatever gripper you get the most important thing IMO starting out is to watch some vids on how to properly set the gripper in the hand cuz it'll make a HUGE difference. You can youtube it.

Thanks for the tip man! When I took my #1 to work(Best Buy and GNC) only two people in Best Buy could close it(the geek squad guys, lol) and one person in GNC which I don't how he did it because he well...nvm and non of the customers could do it. Also the securities in the air port stopped me for the second time(I'm a Iranian guy name Hossein so it's a typical thing for that to happen), but this time was to see what CoC was(and I think at that moment I had the 2.5) and NOBODY could close it and they had all the security walking over and trying to close it but one guy in the gym did and one or two more got really close. These things are hard core and I ordered another one but I've never seen my forearms get bigger because of them have you guys seen any muscle gain from the grippers?!

BryanSmash!
04-04-10, 6:00 pm
The grippers will enlarge your tendons and ligaments over time, but at a much slower rate that you would build muscle. Your wrist size will actually increase, but it will take years of consistent grip work for that to happen. If you want larger forearms I'd recommend that you do thick bar regular or reverse curls.

WarlordMalice
04-04-10, 9:26 pm
I haven't noticed any forearm size but my forearm seems much harder especially the lower forearm. I agree that for forearm size you're better off doing wrist curls.

Sybersnott
12-26-10, 1:52 am
In another day or so, I'm going to get the GNC grippers, both the beginner set and the advanced set,
and give them the go-over and see if they're up to snuff. As you may or may not know, I am into getting
grippers - both using them and collecting them - and did a bit of research on the GNC brand. They look
a lot like the HG's but I won't know for sure until I've bought and tried them. Wish me luck!

BryanSmash!
12-26-10, 8:14 am
In another day or so, I'm going to get the GNC grippers, both the beginner set and the advanced set,
and give them the go-over and see if they're up to snuff. As you may or may not know, I am into getting
grippers - both using them and collecting them - and did a bit of research on the GNC brand. They look
a lot like the HG's but I won't know for sure until I've bought and tried them. Wish me luck!

Good luck, but I think you'd be better off with CoC grippers.

Girevik 69
12-26-10, 8:43 am

X2

Sybersnott
12-28-10, 12:04 am

Actually, I have more COC grippers than I care to count. So I'd like to try something else, which
make me want the GNC grippers all the more; time to try something different for a change!

BryanSmash!
12-28-10, 7:04 am
Actually, I have more COC grippers than I care to count. So I'd like to try something else, which
make me want the GNC grippers all the more; time to try something different for a change!

What makes the GNC grippers so different than your CoCs?

Girevik 69
12-28-10, 12:35 pm
What makes the GNC grippers so different than your CoCs?

I'm curious about this as well...

BryanSmash!
12-28-10, 2:56 pm
I'm curious about this as well...

I looked them up and in appearance they seem almost identical.