PDA

View Full Version : Cardio when your legs are sore

nevergiveup92
04-05-10, 11:54 am
Does doing semi-intense cardio the day after I do legs when their sore as fuck inflict any damage on the muscle growth?

Bran88
04-05-10, 11:56 am
Does doing semi-intense cardio the day after I do legs when their sore as fuck inflict any damage on the muscle growth?

Maybe minutely, but nothing significant. Now if you're doing marathon training a day after some intense leg training, that could be detrimental to any gains.

I would take it easy if they are "sore as fuck."

nevergiveup92
04-05-10, 11:58 am
The day after I work out legs theirs a change in how I walk from the soreness but maybe not so much 2 days after but I didn't know if sprints the day or so after would do any damage on the muscle growth

Survivor831
04-05-10, 12:47 pm
Walking at a moderate pace could actually be beneficial to your trainging by allowing some blood to be introduced back into your legs, thus helping with recovery. HIT cardio is not a good idea because that will break down the muscle again and you don't want that.

PIJW
04-05-10, 12:57 pm
If i am able to do cardio after i just worked out my legs, that means i did not work my legs hard enough. I am barely able to walk out of the gym and drive let alone do some cardio at decent pace.

Littlefry
04-05-10, 9:34 pm
I blast my legs when training them, but since Im on a cut I still try and shoot for atleast 40mins of low intensity cardio afterwards. It really depends on the person, sometimes my legs are really sore the next day with sever Doms, other days they are not. Just depend on the indvidual and how your body reacts to the training stimulus.

T o m m Y
04-05-10, 9:36 pm
Walking at a moderate pace could actually be beneficial to your trainging by allowing some blood to be introduced back into your legs, thus helping with recovery. HIT cardio is not a good idea because that will break down the muscle again and you don't want that.

Yup,nice bout of low intensity cardio to get the blood flowing..

PORTERHOUSE
04-06-10, 10:23 am
LIC is fine but I would still not do it until the day after... like little fry said... I cant walk right when Im done with legs.

Generally, no cardio on leg days, cut or not, is best. That still leaves you 6 days to do cardio, which is plenty.

If your legs are sore though, I wouldn't do anything besides LIC, HIIT or anything like it will definitely slow recovery.

Razor
04-06-10, 1:46 pm
After legs day i always try to do cardio the next day to get the blood back into them. Nothing heavy for example 20mins on the stair master or something similar.

Littlefry
04-06-10, 3:14 pm
Yea, I did 30mins LIC after my last Leg workout and they weren't sore at all the next day. But, that being said Ive done it before and they were killing me the next day.

ironshaolin
04-06-10, 3:27 pm
I would not recommend HIIT or anything, but I don't think going on a walk will ever be too much for anyone.

71bbo455
04-06-10, 6:34 pm
I blast my legs when training them, but since Im on a cut I still try and shoot for atleast 40mins of low intensity cardio afterwards. It really depends on the person, sometimes my legs are really sore the next day with sever Doms, other days they are not. Just depend on the indvidual and how your body reacts to the training stimulus.

Maybe I'm just brain dead or something. But what are sever Doms? I have seen DOMS used on posts before and don't know what it stands for.

Thanks.

Littlefry
04-06-10, 6:35 pm
Maybe I'm just brain dead or something. But what are sever Doms? I have seen DOMS used on posts before and don't know what it stands for.

Thanks.

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

71bbo455
04-06-10, 6:37 pm
Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Oh now I get it. Like I said brain dead. Thanks for clearing that up for me.