PDA

View Full Version : starting a cut

almosteasy
04-06-10, 3:13 pm
i have never done a cut before so i was wondering if anyone could give me the basics like amount of carbs you should eat (if any) or what time of the day is best to get them in. i would also like to know when is the best time to do cardio (off days?) thanks

PORTERHOUSE
04-06-10, 3:23 pm
Your macros are all going to depend on your stats: height/weight/bf%... so post em up for us.

for off days, cardio should be done in the AM before you eat.

If Im dieting on keto, I go up to the gym and do an eliptical for 60 mins early am, low intensity. If Im cutting and Im not on keto, I head up to the track and run some sprints.

On lifting days regardless of the diet, I do 30 mins low intensity after I lift when Im cutting, sans leg day.

almosteasy
04-06-10, 3:54 pm
im 5'11'' about 185-190lbs and a 10%bf? im pretty vascular and you can see my abs sorta still..i was "bulking" for a few winter months and i want to officially cut for the summer just to see what it looks like

C.Coronato
04-07-10, 10:03 am
I like to start with 1.5x your BW in protein, and 1x your BW in carbs. Split that up into 6 meas a day, spaced 3 hours apart. Stick with the basics : Eggs, Chicken, Lean Beef, Fish, Oats, Brown Rice, Sweet Potatoes, Veg .. once you get started adjust your carbs accordingly so your dropping 1-2 lbs a week.