PDA

View Full Version : Cheat Meal while Cutting

KoBeShoW
04-06-10, 8:55 pm
Hello all,

I am 6'0'' male @ 193 lbs. 8% body fat. I have been cutting for approximately 6 weeks and every saturday night I have a gigantic cheat meal as my last meal. Now, I've been following the advice of my friend who is jacked out of his mind and he suggested that the once a week cheat meal should last 2 hrs and just eat whatever i want...whether it be fast food, ihop, ice cream, fries, it didnt matter. I have been doing this cheat meal every saturday night for the 6 weeks and i fucking love it. i'm dropping major fat and and still have sick pumps in the gym.

i am, however, beginning to wonder if i'm overdoing it with the cheat meal. like my hunger level during this two hour period is outta control. For example, the other night I ate three triple extra bacon cheeseburgers from Five Guys, large root beer, and then had two 'gotta have it' (the largest size at Cold Stone) on a waffle cone, and a fruit smoothie. i ate this with my friends and they were in disbelief.

last weekend I had 3 stacks of pancakes at ihop, 2 double bacon cheeseburgers at steak n shake, and 4 large milkshakes, two peanut butter sandwiches.

so, my question to everyone is am i overdoing it? i mean these quantities are absolutely outrageous and I just feel that i could be even leaner without such monumental meals. but my friend keeps reassuring me one meal out of the week isnt gonna do shit to my physique. I eat perfect for the rest of the week, and i mean perfect.

would doing a full re-feed day where i just eat larger quantities of clean food throughout saturday be better than eating such a gigantic cheat meal that lasts two hours? it really takes me two hours to actually feel full.

should i even be having a cheat meal at all if during this cut im having approximately 110g carbs daily spread out over my first three meals?

please i need help.

PORTERHOUSE
04-06-10, 9:15 pm
honestly brother, If you are moving in the right direction and can get away with it, fucking chow down man. It'll keep you sane.

When I do keto I use one carb up day, but Im dirty as hell the entire day. I make these buckwheat blueberry pancakes in the morning, stack 'em 4 high and top them with honey,maple syrup, choc. syrup, and cool whip. I keep making the pancakes throughout the day plus and I eat cereal (reese's puffs/golden grahams/CTC, etc) cookies dipped in cool whip, girl scout cookies, basically whatever I want. But I keep loosing weight. If it wasn't for cheating I don't know if I could eat clean forever.

I do stay a lot cleaner when dieting with carbs like I am now though. I basically do what you do, but for only a half hour.

but like I said man, if you can do it, enjoy it, because a lot of guys can't or are too afraid too.

Ass to Ankles
04-06-10, 9:26 pm
Take a look in the "Recipes, Meals & More" section, there's all kinds of stuff in there you can eat thats clean but gives you the illusion of cheating because its so damn good. I'm not saying that your cheat meal is wrong at all but you wouldn't second guess yourself about the effects of the cheat or whether or not its prohibiting you from reaching an even lower bf%

C.Coronato
04-07-10, 9:22 am
If you are still dropping weight, then thats awesome. Dont change anything until you hit a standstill. Dont fix something that isnt broken.

Littlefry
04-07-10, 9:37 am
I would say your fine bro. Especially if you are still dropping weight there is really no need to worry. Some people dont cheat at all when they are cutting. But, I beleive that cheating gives you kind of a mental boost in thinking thta "I worked hard all week for this cheat meal so Im going to enjoy it". Thats how I look at it anyways, and if I feel I cheated to much for my cheat meal I just head to the gym and pound out some extra cardio.

KoBeShoW
04-07-10, 5:08 pm
i honestly think im consuming like 6k+ calories though. I possess an insatiable appetite.

PORTERHOUSE
04-07-10, 6:08 pm
If your still dropping weight man don't worry about it and enjoy. You may find at some point you need to clean it up to keep going in the right direction, but for now you should be good to go.

MrBrown
04-09-10, 11:34 am
For example, the other night I ate three triple extra bacon cheeseburgers from Five Guys, large root beer, and then had two 'gotta have it' (the largest size at Cold Stone) on a waffle cone, and a fruit smoothie. i ate this with my friends and they were in disbelief.

last weekend I had 3 stacks of pancakes at ihop, 2 double bacon cheeseburgers at steak n shake, and 4 large milkshakes, two peanut butter sandwiches.

That is a disgusting amount of food. That is amazing that you can eat that much in one sitting though. Keep it up if you're seeing positive results!

Mr. Dead
04-09-10, 12:22 pm
If you are still dropping weight, then thats awesome. Dont change anything until you hit a standstill. Dont fix something that isnt broken.

Agreed...

That is a disgusting amount of food. That is amazing that you can eat that much in one sitting though. Keep it up if you're seeing positive results!

*LOL* You should see some of my cheat meals... They involve a buffet, and an entourage that fill all my plates for me...

GLHF
04-11-10, 2:36 pm
i do the exact same. clean diet thru out and on saturday night before bed i would do something like u r. last saturday i had 6 scoops of muscle juice + .5L normal milk, + 2 servings PB, + ice cream + banana all in a shake. YOU NEED a refeed once a week. the carbs r so anabolic

Ass to Ankles
04-11-10, 2:49 pm
i do the exact same. clean diet thru out and on saturday night before bed i would do something like u r. last saturday i had 6 scoops of muscle juice + .5L normal milk, + 2 servings PB, + ice cream + banana all in a shake. YOU NEED a refeed once a week. the carbs r so anabolic

If youre going to refeed, why dont you just make that saturday every week a high carb day. Essentially turn it into a clean high carb day in a carb rotation diet. Clean carbs are going to be just as anabolic, without the unhealthy food

dannynb
04-11-10, 6:02 pm
If you are still dropping weight, then that's awesome. Don't change anything until you hit a standstill. Don't fix something that isn't broken.

Couldn't have said it any better

KoBeShoW
04-13-10, 12:39 pm
would making saturday a clean, refeed day really aid in my progress? I did not have my usual cheat meal this past saturday night because im so worried im doing more harm than good.