PDA

View Full Version : What does it take to become Mr. Olympia

1Ajax
04-07-10, 11:55 am
Just something to talk about. I would like to read the thoughts of what people would have to say to acquire this dream of mine.

Iron_Spirit
04-21-10, 10:15 pm
I just like to keep it simple:
Aim to be the best bodybuilder I can possibly be.

Machine
06-13-10, 9:29 pm
A total disregard for one's liver, heart, and kidneys....

MACHINE

Preston
06-13-10, 10:08 pm
a total disregard for one's liver, heart, and kidneys....

Machine

the truth.

Optimus Prime
06-14-10, 9:05 am
gots to knows how to plays politicks and teh system if ur ever gunna win. its all a big popularty contest to.

G Diesel
06-14-10, 10:28 am
Just something to talk about. I would like to read the thoughts of what people would have to say to acquire this dream of mine.

Iron Spirit's advice is the best I've heard. Simply pour your heart and soul into being the best you can possibly be on your terms, whether that means being Mr. O or something different and possibly less prestigious.

Machine's post was not wrong. There is a price to be paid for any great and lofty goal. Be sure the end result (which is never guaranteed) is worth the cost you're paying.

Be smart my brother, be consistent, attack your dreams and do all you can to maximize the gifts you've been given. If you do this, the title people attach to you will be mere details.

Peace, G

RogueLion
06-14-10, 8:33 pm
Iron Spirit's advice is the best I've heard. Simply pour your heart and soul into being the best you can possibly be on your terms, whether that means being Mr. O or something different and possibly less prestigious.

Machine's post was not wrong. There is a price to be paid for any great and lofty goal. Be sure the end result (which is never guaranteed) is worth the cost you're paying.

Be smart my brother, be consistent, attack your dreams and do all you can to maximize the gifts you've been given. If you do this, the title people attach to you will be mere details.

Peace, G

G has the right idea, and you would be wise to heed his words. The ends, in most cases, usually does not justify the means.

jeff00z28
06-14-10, 11:56 pm

MACHINE

lol i thought 5 grams of aas was healthy

Optimus Prime
06-15-10, 12:30 pm
G has the right idea, and you would be wise to heed his words. The ends, in most cases, usually does not justify the means.

sounds like a formula for bein avg..

G Diesel
06-15-10, 1:03 pm
sounds like a formula for bein avg..

Depends on your definition of average, Optimus.

If outstanding for you and your abilities, is the societal average, then in that case maybe you're right.

All I'm suggesting is that you demand the best that you are capable of based on what you are willing to do to get it. Based on that you can judge your success, failure or averageness.

In bodybuilding terms, if everything short of being Mr. Olympia was failure, then some of the greatest bodybuilders who ever lived were failures.

Peace, G

Mr. Dead
06-15-10, 1:43 pm

MACHINE

Peace, G

Depends on your definition of average, Optimus.

If outstanding for you and your abilities, is the societal average, then in that case maybe you're right.

All I'm suggesting is that you demand the best that you are capable of based on what you are willing to do to get it. Based on that you can judge your success, failure or averageness.

In bodybuilding terms, if everything short of being Mr. Olympia was failure, then some of the greatest bodybuilders who ever lived were failures.

Peace, G

These... And, a great example of a bodybuilder who never won an Olympia is Sir Sean Connery... 3rd place, 1953 Mr. Universe... Last time I checked he's not a failure... *LOL* But, also that would include every bodybuilder on this FORVM, currently... Last time I checked we weren't surrounded by failures...

Optimus Prime
06-15-10, 1:46 pm
Last time I checked we weren't surrounded by failures...

depends on how low ur idea of failure iz.if its so low no ones gunna fail..thats a formula for avg.

Joe J
06-15-10, 1:50 pm
Be the best you can ever be in every aspect of your life.
Being the biggest and the most ripped is 1% of it, being Mr. Olympia is being the most dedicated, the best, the most corageous, the most courteous person you can ever be. Most importantly, being a role model to everybody else in the world.

Optimus Prime
06-15-10, 1:51 pm
Be the best you can ever be in every aspect of your life.
Being the biggest and the most ripped is 1% of it, being Mr. Olympia is being the most dedicated, the best, the most corageous, the most courteous person you can ever be. Most importantly, being a role model to everybody else in the world.

i dont wanna even look like mr.o. way to much muscle.and i dont like lookin at guys in speedos.. cover up!!

Joe J
06-15-10, 3:10 pm
I love it, being able to see each muscle.

Optimus Prime
06-15-10, 5:26 pm
I love it, being able to see each muscle.

on othr men or on u??

Mr. Dead
06-15-10, 5:39 pm
on othr men or on u??

As I asked you before, in the thread you started, where you were "concerned" that most bodybuilders were "gay"... Does it REALLY matter...???

FITGYM
06-15-10, 7:54 pm

It's alot of pain, dedication, suffering, and focus. It's an emotional roller coaster of ups and downs and very expensive as well as taxing to the body and it's liver

msktyshha
06-15-10, 9:53 pm

hardcore training, solid diet, bodybuilding lifestyle, best genes <<<<<<<<<for a natural Mr.O

all of the above and a degree in chemistry or a good chemist friend<<<< the real Mr.O

Joe J
06-16-10, 9:25 am
on othr men or on u??

I like to see muscle on myself and other men. Yes, I like to look at other men in speedos. Not because I am attracted to them sexually or otherwise, but because bodybuilders get my upmost respect for all that they go through and their body is like their trophy for what they have done. That is why I like looking at other men.

Optimus Prime
06-16-10, 9:33 am
I like to see muscle on myself and other men. Yes, I like to look at other men in speedos. Not because I am attracted to them sexually or otherwise, but because bodybuilders get my upmost respect for all that they go through and their body is like their trophy for what they have done. That is why I like looking at other men.

if i watch em train and see the sacrafices they get my respect.its hard when their onstage in speedos dncing to old 80s songs tho. mebbe its jus me.

Joe J
06-16-10, 9:58 am
Sometimes it's a bit cheesy, but it's fun!

ghost
06-16-10, 11:36 am
he started gettin on me.i made the last post.so the guy who started on me gets nuthin but becuase i ended it i get the infarction. i see he iz ur good bro, lol. moral of the story: good bros get special tretment here. if mods dont like u, watch out!

actually, you didnt end it. I did. Now, this is your last pleasant warning you are getting from me, if you would like to keep it up, you will get more than a "general warning" applied, and be given a few days off from here.

and no one gets "special tretment" here, as you put it.

Joe J
06-16-10, 11:36 am
How about everyone just go and train :)

Optimus Prime
06-16-10, 11:37 am
actually, you didnt end it. I did. Now, this is your last pleasant warning you are getting from me, if you would like to keep it up, you will get more than a "general warning" applied, and be given a few days off from here.

and no one gets "special tretment" here, as you put it.

ooh, ur scary. tell me what rule i broke? and not ur own rule cuz u dont like me or tryhing to sqaush me opinion.s

ghost
06-16-10, 11:41 am
ooh, ur scary. tell me what rule i broke? and not ur own rule cuz u dont like me or tryhing to sqaush me opinion.s

I have nothing against you. Now... the rules you have broken already in this thread and the others you like to start..
2, 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12

Optimus Prime
06-16-10, 11:44 am
I have nothing against you. Now... the rules you have broken already in this thread and the others you like to start..
2, 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12

gimme me a brake dude.ur just using the rules to get rid of me.what r u judge and jury both? whatever.

widdlewade44
06-16-10, 11:47 am

2, 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12

I would agree that you have violated the rules stated in ghost's reply above.

The thread has been cleaned up and let's take a brreak and get back to the weights...

Kevin
widdlewade44

ghost
06-16-10, 11:48 am
gimme me a brake dude.ur just using the rules to get rid of me.what r u judge and jury both? whatever.

Prime, I am not "using the rules to get rid of" you. and yes, as Watchmen, each one of us becomes Judge and Jury on this board. Corporate chose us for a reason. If you do not agree with that, then be on your way. If you do not agree with the rules of this forum, then leave. It is pretty simple. I have been RATHER lenient with you over the past few threads you have attempted to push the boundaries on, Keep it up. my limits are nearing the end for you, and then you WILL be banned, for a while, from here.

again. The rules are simple, and have been here LONGER than you. if you do not like them... im sure bb.com will be more than willing to accomodate you.

Optimus Prime
06-16-10, 11:49 am

The thread has been cleaned up and let's take a brreak and get back to the weights...

Kevin
widdlewade44

haha yeah i saw he covered up all the evidence.i mean "cleaned up" this thread. i still dont belive any rules were broken. can u tell me how i broke em spoecifclly? just cuz someone says i broke em doesnt make it so. peple an be biased,obivously.if u cant who can??

Optimus Prime
06-16-10, 11:50 am
Prime, I am not "using the rules to get rid of" you. and yes, as Watchmen, each one of us becomes Judge and Jury on this board. Corporate chose us for a reason. If you do not agree with that, then be on your way. If you do not agree with the rules of this forum, then leave. It is pretty simple. I have been RATHER lenient with you over the past few threads you have attempted to push the boundaries on, Keep it up. my limits are nearing the end for you, and then you WILL be banned, for a while, from here.

again. The rules are simple, and have been here LONGER than you. if you do not like them... im sure bb.com will be more than willing to accomodate you.

u keep sayin i broke all these rules. show me. its easy to say i did. show me exactly how i broke all those rules so i can learn for next time.. can u?

ghost
06-16-10, 11:51 am
u keep sayin i broke all these rules. show me. its easy to say i did. show me exactly how i broke all those rules so i can learn for next time.. can u?

we showed you in the other threads, and i explained to you in here. Pretty simple. Read the rules, and you might begin to understand them.

Big C
06-16-10, 11:54 am

Troll. End of story.

Optimus Prime
06-16-10, 11:56 am

Kevin
widdlewade44

thnx for the resptful pm bro.i tried to rite back but ur not takin em.anyways, thnx.

Optimus Prime
06-16-10, 11:56 am
Troll. End of story.

im more than meets the eye bro. thats why my name is optimus.dont judge a book by its covers.

Big C
06-16-10, 12:00 pm
im more than meets the eye bro. thats why my name is optimus.dont judge a book by its covers.

Oh trust me, I don't little guy. I judge you by your Forvm posts.

Optimus Prime
06-16-10, 12:01 pm
Oh trust me, I don't. I judge your by your ignorance on the Forvm.

be careful bro.arguin is gunna get u an infarction here.unless ur one of the good bro??

Lonestar
06-16-10, 12:25 pm
Troll. End of story.

Agreed.

msktyshha
06-16-10, 1:58 pm
where's the cube????

msktyshha
06-16-10, 2:03 pm
I got it!!! The mods have the cube, that's why Optimus is after them!!!!!

Joe J
06-16-10, 2:04 pm
i got it!!! The mods have the cube, that's why optimus is after them!!!!!

hahahaha

Optimus Prime
06-16-10, 2:06 pm
I got it!!! The mods have the cube, that's why Optimus is after them!!!!!

Oh man haha yea!!!! luv it bro! ima get it.

1Ajax
06-16-10, 10:25 pm
woah, i didn't plan on this topic to be a specticle.