PDA

View Full Version : Home Routine...need help

Cole673a
04-07-10, 4:15 pm
Ok i recently got in some trouble... but basically for the next week or two i will only have access to the weight set in my garage.

All i have is a regular weight bench and olympic sized bar. and i only have 2 plates, 2 25's, 4 10's, and a set of 5's

any routine yall could recommend till i can get back to my gym?

C.Coronato
04-07-10, 5:18 pm
Stick with basics.

Bench, curls, Deadlifts, rows, Military press

Legacy
04-07-10, 5:25 pm
Stick with basics.

Bench, curls, Deadlifts, rows, Military press

Agreed, basics. Also, do a lot of bodyweight exercises. Since your limited, its a good way to change things up.

Cole673a
04-07-10, 11:05 pm
well just one of those a day or how would u split it up?

Legacy
04-07-10, 11:29 pm
I'd split it up into a push/pull routine. Some example of pushing exercises that are bodyweight - push ups, handstand push ups, hanging leg raises, dips, finger push ups. For pulling - pull ups (varies grips), glute ham raises, horizontal rows, chin ups, hangs, gallon curls, leg raises again, squats, toe raises. Then you also have planks, side planks, crunches, sit ups, russian twists, boat sits, one legged raises. These are just a few examples though man, but I would say go on a push/pull routine or create a workout plan for your full body and do it 3-4 times a week, just do what feels right. Doesn't need to be a science, try it and if your sore or not adapt it.

Cole673a
04-08-10, 4:04 pm
thanks for the help and hopefully it wont be long before i get back to the gym..

WeeMan
04-10-10, 4:06 am
Ok i recently got in some trouble... but basically for the next week or two i will only have access to the weight set in my garage.

All i have is a regular weight bench and olympic sized bar. and i only have 2 plates, 2 25's, 4 10's, and a set of 5's

any routine yall could recommend till i can get back to my gym?

with weights that are fairly light, i would personally use this as a good time to work on olympic lifts snatch, cleans, jerks etc. they will add on real size and good quality muscle once you have them perfected and can go heavy on them.

Ass to Ankles
04-10-10, 8:57 am
I've had to train in my basement a few times and although its somewhat limited like yours, theres a million things you can do. Load one side of the olympic bar and do a variation of the T-bar row. I do pull-ups on the steel beam in the ceiling of my garage. Benching, squatting, curls, you can do a surprising amount of exercises with only a few weights. Just be creative. Good luck to ya!

shizz702
04-10-10, 9:20 am
I'd just do a simple full body

Deadlifts
Clean and press
Bent over rows
Overhead tricep extensions
Barbell curls

This assumes you don't have a bench or rack, if you do then you can add in some benching and squatting.

newbreed
04-10-10, 9:22 am
If the weight gets too easy start going slow on the negative to fatigue the muscle or even do other tactics like drop sets, supersets, etc.

jandirigma
04-10-10, 11:20 am
Yeah, stick with basic moves on the weights. Throw in some bodyweight moves like jump squats, bodyweight squats, lunges, push-ups, burpees, and a variety of crunches. There are lots of stuff you can do with your bodyweight alone.

Cole673a
04-10-10, 11:23 am
Thanks fro all the help and theres alot more i can do than i thought