PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Damage and Animal Pak

chococat19
04-08-10, 2:43 pm
I finished my first can of Animal Pak and got the second one in the mail today. One of my friends was with me when I opened it and asked what it was and to see the label. He immediately started criticizing me for taking so many vitamins and claimed that I was going to have kidney damage. I tried to explain that I take one pack a day and drink at least a gallon of water a day but he still told me to get off of it and that it was doing the same kidney damage as if I drank all the time.
I know my urine is bright yellow and I piss alot but am I doing any damage to my kidneys by taking it? I work out 4 days a week for about an hour, I don't drink, and I don't eat shitty food. I've experienced tremendous gains in the past weeks of using it, I'm just concerned that I may be doing damage. What do you guys think?

ghost
04-08-10, 2:47 pm
I finished my first can of Animal Pak and got the second one in the mail today. One of my friends was with me when I opened it and asked what it was and to see the label. He immediately started criticizing me for taking so many vitamins and claimed that I was going to have kidney damage. I tried to explain that I take one pack a day and drink at least a gallon of water a day but he still told me to get off of it and that it was doing the same kidney damage as if I drank all the time.
I know my urine is bright yellow and I piss alot but am I doing any damage to my kidneys by taking it? I work out 4 days a week for about an hour, I don't drink, and I don't eat shitty food. I've experienced tremendous gains in the past weeks of using it, I'm just concerned that I may be doing damage. What do you guys think?

no, you are not doing any damage to your kidneys. if Pak caused Kidney damage, it would not have survived for as long as it has...26 years so far.

Joseph V
04-08-10, 3:24 pm
agree with ghost,..pak is the ultimate thing to have..if theres one supplement ou cant go without as a bodybuilder other then your whey protein..its your multi vitamins/vitamins

FITGYM
04-08-10, 3:41 pm
Soda and Fast Food will do more kidney damage.

26 years strong and still the same Pak

If Kidney issues run in your family genes than you know to watch what you eat and drink.

Hercules
04-08-10, 4:22 pm
Maybe your friend will agree with this: If vitamins give you kidney damage then stay away from fruits and vegetables.

Is that logical and good advice? Of course not. Keep on keepin' on with Pak. If it truly caused kidney damage I would be in bad shape after 4 consecutive years on Pak...

MassMonster
04-08-10, 5:36 pm
LOL I'm sorry bro but is your friend a doctor perhaps? or has he taken the pak and gotten kidney damage? thing about people these days is they think any supplement is bad for you the reason you piss bright ass yellow is because Pak as an ample amount of B vitamins... and what is excess the body gets rid of and alot of the vitamins in pak are also water soluable thus watever becomes excess gets pissed out... thats why you might hear jokes on here about radioactive piss .. but like Herc said if he's so concerned about overloads on things maybe no one should eat anything but KFC Mcdonalds and possibly water :/ only things I kno of that dont have good vitamins in 'em

Legacy
04-08-10, 11:57 pm
I can see where your friend is coming from bro. From a first hand experience, I had kidney issues due to supplements. I was taking in a lot of pills and my kidneys couldn't keep up with processing them. This led to my kidney enzymes becoming elevated and couldn't process everything out of my body properly. Needless to say I backed off from supplements for a while and everything returned to normal. I am not saying it is because of animal pak, but it was because I was taking a lot of pills for my supplementation. My diet was on key, so we were able to pinpoint to supps. Some people are just genetically different. I know guys that do a lot of supplements and shit and have perfect blood screens, and I know other people who take 1 or 2 things and they're blood screens look like shit. All based on how your body handles things. Thats why blood tests are great doing 1 every 6 months.

GreyGhost
04-09-10, 5:42 am
Not only is Animal Pak a tried and true product, but it was ranked BB's #1 multivitamin for 2009. Of all the other crap you could be putting into your body this is the least of your worries. I am in agreement with the above posters, but I'd like to point out that a serving of Animal Pak is two packets, so if you are only taking 1 packet a day you are only getting half the amounts listed on the can.

Vinny G
04-09-10, 6:38 am
i'm 43 years old, been taking Animal Pak since i was around 16 to 18 years old.

no kidney damage -
as a matter of fact, i'll toot my own horn, as i been banging away in the gym for 26 years. if it were not for sound nutrition and awesome supps like animal pak, i would not be here still in the mix.

this is an example of "people" who dont know about training, making crazy claims.

"my aunt's boss told her" we here that all the time...right brothers?

well that is why this FORUM is here...to weed out the truth and bull shit.

MELTDOWN
04-09-10, 12:36 pm
I've used Pak since 1991. Turned 42 this year and went for my "big" physical, blood tests, and such. No issues, no problems, no worries.
Carry On !!!!!

jandirigma
04-10-10, 10:15 am
No problem as long as you're well hydrated. Besides, if eating a truckload of fruits and veggies which are packed with vitamins would be considered alright, then why wouldn't taking a multi? You're in good hands with the Pak. After all, you need it to fill the nutritional gaps that you can't cover with your diet. No worries.

Aggression
04-10-10, 12:59 pm
As others have said, with a track record of 25+ years, you're perfectly fine with Pak.